Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 4/17/2014 5:00:20 PM EDT
They are really tough on Christians, will attack them in any manner--by billboard, in the courts, online..... But I have never seen them "smart ass" with the Muslims. Are they simply cowards? Not wanting to live like Salaaman Rushdie for the rest of their lives?

If people want to be atheists, it's their business but I have noticed a certain number of them delight in confrontations with Christians but I certainly don't see that same ardor for pissing off Muslims-of which there are plenty in this world. You want to show how hardcore your beliefs are? Go put up a billboard or hold up some signs outside a Mosque.....in Pakistan...
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Because Muslims would behead the Atheists.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Bullies tend to pick on those who don't fight back...
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:02:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

End of thread.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Confrontational people attack those with power. Muslims are like 1% of the American population and have little power to influence legislation or people's day to day lives. Christians do.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:04:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Because virtually every person they meet in the United States is a Christian, and virtually all of the confrontational atheists you have ever heard of are doing the things you've heard about in the United States.

You might as well ask why they don't have billboards that specifically call out the doctrine of the Sixth Korean Baptist Church on Crumbley Ave in Irving, Texas. If you're trying to make a statement, you try to make a big statement, not a little statement.

Also, they don't want to get death threats from lunatics. Do you want Atheists to antagonize dangerous people, or do you want Christians to act like lunatics?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:05:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Eerie. Isn't it?  That first mutha fuckin' post. Every damn time.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#7]
coexist, brother.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:08:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:08:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Confrontational people attack those with power. Muslims are like 1% of the American population and have little power to influence legislation or people's day to day lives. Christians do.
View Quote

Look at the White House, laugh at your own post.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Because Muslims aren't punching bags for people who criticize their religion and faith.  Christ taught literally to accept people assaulting Christians because of their faith.

There are some atheists who publicly denounce Islam (thinking of that British Youtube crank, and that Somalian woman who Brandeis University nixed giving an honorary doctorate)  but otherwise atheists stick to persecuting Christians exclusively, from what I can tell, because it's safer.  I assume that's why.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:08:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Atheists are below infidels but would be beheaded all the same.  It's like feminists who won't protest about what happens to women in Muslim nations.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:08:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They are really tough on Christians, will attack them in any manner--by billboard, in the courts, online..... But I have never seen them "smart ass" with the Muslims. Are they simply cowards? Not wanting to live like Salaaman Rushdie for the rest of their lives?

If people want to be atheists, it's their business but I have noticed a certain number of them delight in confrontations with Christians but I certainly don't see that same ardor for pissing off Muslims-of which there are plenty in this world. You want to show how hardcore your beliefs are? Go put up a billboard or hold up some signs outside a Mosque.....in Pakistan...
View Quote

Because Christians write strongly worded letters to the editor.
Muslims behead people and blow shit up.

It is like "why do PETA activists throw red paint on old ladies wearing furs but leave bikers wearing leathers alone."
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:08:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

No no that's not right!!!  Those other reasons sound much better to Christians.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:09:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Muhammad was a kiddie-diddler.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:10:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Because they both have they same goal - destroy Western Civilization.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm laughing. Just not at my post.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:10:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, that's bullshit. Read my post above.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:10:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's a lady on youtube who torched a quran on video years ago and told Muslims everywhere to, speaking briefly, eat shit. And then she gave them directions to her house. From multiple directions.

Not a scratch on her. The video has hundreds of thousands of views (and lots of threatening comments from lunatics). I think maybe we're overestimating the threat here.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#21]
As a spiritual agnostic and biblical atheist, I've been able to debate with Christians on this forum without problem. But the one time I commented on Muslims by repeating a point made by a former (moderate) Muslim professor of mine, I received a warning. I got the point. And I don't blame the site, we have a society where the only fair game for challenging religion as a whole is to speak only of Christianity. I hope Christians realize that in a way, this is a compliment to their faith.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#22]
About 75% of the confrontational, liberal atheists that I know actually defend Muslims, BIG TIME.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nahh, that can't be it ... your theory doesn't fit the rhetoric we're about to hear.

It *must* be because they're scared of Muslims, not that American Muslims are notoriously "self contained" while American Christians, as a general rule, seem to think it's hunky dory to use the law and the public coffers to push their agenda of "good ideas" on others.

Of course, this makes one wonder: If their ideas are so great, why do we have to make them legally mandatory or use public funds/lands/resources?

That said, the whole affair is a bit silly. I dislike outspoken Atheists as much as I dislike anyone who uses their personal ideology or spirituality as a club to bludgeon the world.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Because virtually every person they meet in the United States is a Christian, and virtually all of the confrontational atheists you have ever heard of are doing the things you've heard about in the United States.

You might as well ask why they don't have billboards that specifically call out the doctrine of the Sixth Korean Baptist Church on Crumbley Ave in Irving, Texas. If you're trying to make a statement, you try to make a big statement, not a little statement.

Also, they don't want to get death threats from lunatics. Do you want Atheists to antagonize dangerous people, or do you want Christians to act like lunatics?
View Quote

I want people who supposedly have "conviction" to be consistent. If you believe something do you only believe it when it is convenient to do so? Then it would not seem to be worth believing in at all.....Certainly Christians, Jews, Bhuddists and even Muslims have held their convictions in the face of overwhelming attacks throughout the centuries around the world.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:13:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely not bullshit.  It's not Muslims who repeat the same goofy shit over and over again in the GD creation threads around here.  It's not Muslims saying things like "legitimate rape" or running for congress because they're pissed creationism isn't being taught in public schools.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

FPNI    

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If their ideas are so great, why do we have to make them legally mandatory or use public funds/lands/resources?
View Quote

Because everyone who disagrees with me hates God, hates Civilization, hates righteousness, and hates all that is sensible and good.

Duh.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:15:46 PM EDT
[#28]
As an Agnostic I would say that it is because they are cowards. But I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I've seen christians start the debate with atheists.  I haven't seen this from muslims.

Muslims seem to be against everyone who is non muslim.

Christians seem to be more aligned against atheists than they are against people of other faiths/beliefs.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#30]
You people who always whine about this goddamn idiocy take the side of the Muslims versus atheists every single time.  When you want the Muslims to kill me because you can't wield the stones yourself, I don't really give a lot of weight to whatever flatulence sometimes leaks out of your head to be called your opinion.        

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

and

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

There's a lady on youtube who torched a quran on video years ago and told Muslims everywhere to, speaking briefly, eat shit. And then she gave them directions to her house. From multiple directions.

Not a scratch on her. The video has hundreds of thousands of views (and lots of threatening comments from lunatics). I think maybe we're overestimating the threat here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ann Barnhardt. She's about crazy as hell but I laughed through the whole thing......
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#33]
They don't want to get their heads cut off. Christians are too pacifist and athiests know it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Definitely not bullshit.  It's not Muslims who repeat the same goofy shit over and over again in the GD creation threads around here.  It's not Muslims saying things like "legitimate rape" or running for congress because they're pissed creationism isn't being taught in public schools.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's bullshit is that activists "speak truth to power."  "Activists" generally pick on those they know are restrained on acting against them. GD bickering reflects the real world not at all and I'm surprised that you would even attempt to relate ARFCOM GD to the bigger world out there. Do you go out into the real world at all?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:22:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Logic isn't allowed in this thread.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, obviously it isn't.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:24:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

What's bullshit is that activists "speak truth to power."  "Activists" generally pick on those they know are restrained on acting against them. GD bickering reflects the real world not at all and I'm surprised that you would even attempt to relate ARFCOM GD to the bigger world out there. Do you go out into the real world at all?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, I go to that Muslim creationist museum all the time.  Oh wait, it doesn't exist.  Because nobody cares about Muslims.  It's not fucking hard to understand.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:28:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You people who always whine about this goddamn idiocy take the side of the Muslims versus atheists every single time.  When you want the Muslims to kill me because you can't wield the stones yourself, I don't really give a lot of weight to whatever flatulence sometimes leaks out of your head to be called your opinion.          
View Quote

Why would people of faith not take the same side? The Muslims share some common prophets etc...with Christians and Jews......Historically, Christians have not been afraid of killing unbelievers, the Crusades would tend to show that. I just have to wonder why some people will only "talk tough" when they know there will be no personal consequences.

There are plenty of Mosques in Dearborn, Michigan, they have elected Muslim Congressmen and State Representatives but you never see billboards outside the Mosques there. There are nearly as many Muslims in the world as there are Christians and unlike Christians the Muslims have no problem in most cases with theocracy-which you would think would be much more "oppressive" to atheists than most nominally Christian nations, yet either they are oddly silent in those nations or simply don't exist there. Or, they don't have the confidence of their convictions.....
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Because they both have they same goal - destroy Western Civilization.http://goo.gl/aASWRF
View Quote

Christians write strongly worded letters to the editor.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

And they don't go around displaying their religious symbols permanently in .gov places for the most part.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:37:25 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm suspecting most American atheists know very few Muslims and a ton of Christians.  

Those with power often misuse it.  In America, the people misusing the power are most often Christians.  

Doesn't say anything about Christians, but more about people.  

If we lived in a primarily Muslim or Jewish country, then most atheists would bitch about Muslims or Jews.

Its not rocket science.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:37:42 PM EDT
[#42]
I offer that it's because on a subconscious level, they know there is truth in Christianity and must denounce it to justify their beliefs. But that's just speculation.

As a Christian myself, I do not mind at all discussing faith and atheism as best i can with atheists. We may argue and have much different beliefs, but in general we can be amicable toward one another.

Islam is a common enemy for both Christians and atheists. The believers in Islam who aren't violent are the "luke warm" Muslims. If they are true to their faith, then they desire to kill both Christian and atheist alike. There's no "co-exist" with Islam. That belief system is quite literally the enemy of liberty and all people who are not Muslim.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:37:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

this.

in America Christians hold a lot of political sway. in places in Europe they are more vocal against muslims because of larger populations who try to throw their weight around.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Atheists and Liberals hate Christians and atheists and Liberals think that Muslims hate Christians.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:39:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Zero smiles at this. Wins either way.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yep, I go to that Muslim creationist museum all the time.  Oh wait, it doesn't exist.  Because nobody cares about Muslims.  It's not fucking hard to understand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The position is why don't athiests pick on Muslims. The wrong answer is that Christians have more power. I don't care about a creation museum. When was the last time a Christian did more than protest?  Please look up Van Gough and the Mohammed cartoon. You might also look up Salomon Rushdie. (SP?)
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly. Why would they focus on the religion of 2% of the population, when 3/4 the country is Christian?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm guessing its because Islam is still a minority religion here and the atheists are going after bigger fish.
If we had places in the US trying to impose sharia law I am thinking you'd see some pushback from atheists
As one atheist replied to me in a Yahoo comments exchange to one news story, they don't see the radical Islamic movement as being an issue in the US
In essence, it doesn't affect them personally the same way Christians trying to legislate morality are.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote

FP really does NI.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top