BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:17:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Holy fuck, the most reasonable post in this whole clusterfuck of a thread.

ETA: And from a damn Texan even
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seems to me that a hefty fine, followed by community service, followed by lifetime exile from Texas would suffice. If he doesn't like it here, no reason to delay his exit.

For those of you out-of-staters that don't get the veneration of the Alamo, go fuck yourselves I would compare it to the way... maybe Serbs feel about Kosovo or something, or the way some of you screaming fatties feel about pro ball teams as though you were on the team, when you personally can barely lift your fat asses from the sofa. If you wouldn't think it okay to shit on the podum in your church, you shouldn't be so cheery about this sort of thing.

It's a tribal, emotional, quasi-religious cultural thing for us, not something shared by the denizens of most states. So go fuck yourselves I hope this helps explain it a little.

Holy fuck, the most reasonable post in this whole clusterfuck of a thread.

ETA: And from a damn Texan even

Even fucking weirder, I live in Austin, yet am not a shrieking leftie moonbat. Go fuck yourselvesPAGE FIVE OWNED BY TEXAS!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:18:14 AM EDT
[#2]
So when Pussy Riot desecrated a sacred Russian site, the Rusisan government went "overboard" by sentencing them to basically 1.5 years.

But now that someone has desecrated a sacred American/Texan site... people here are calling for everything up to and including the death penalty.

American Hypocrisy.

Even I defend Russia in it's prosecution of Pussy Riot... and I hate Russia and Putin. But ultimately I can understand the importance of maintaining a certain decorum at sacred sites and enforcing them quite rigorously.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:20:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

urinating is a sex crime

wow

bravo, texas

you must be very proud

make sure you keep your tongue extended at all times so you lick the government's boots clean at a moment's notice

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
18 months, for that?

Perhaps he should move to a free state upon release.
Pissing in public in Texas is indecent exposure...can be a felony...and is a sex crime. Not only do you get a fine and possibly jail time...you get to be on the sex offender roles.

Pissing on the Alamo is over the top. I'll bet he gets his ass beat multiple times over that one.

urinating is a sex crime

wow

bravo, texas

you must be very proud

make sure you keep your tongue extended at all times so you lick the government's boots clean at a moment's notice

Forgive Texas for expecting it's citizenry to behave like civilized human beings. Maybe urinating in public and waving your junk around is ok in New Orleans or New York or Portland but in Texas we know how to keep our cities and country side clean and safe without having to make everyone wear a dick-lock that looks like a torture device from the middle ages.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:23:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Did you even read the beginning of the thread? The bashers started right off.

There are legitimate sources of state pride that Texans have that others lack. Don't have pride in your state and its history? Your problem.
View Quote

Can you not see the difference between having pride and saying, "I'm the best and everyone else sucks ass"?

Not knowing jack shit about the United States and crowing in a retarded manner about how great you are, isn't the same as having pride.

You guys are tedious.

I was in Houston with my wife, we were driving around town, I asked her where it reminded her of.

She said, "Trenton, NJ"

Trust me, there's a whole wide world of awesome places out there to see.

But don't let that stop you from jerking yourself off every time you see TX mentioned in a thread.

You guys live for this little faggotty baby game so by all means carry on.

Just look how dumb this thread is, what a zoo

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Please show me where a crowd of mean Texans are telling you to give a guy a break for desecrating one of your state's revered memorials, I dare you...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are legitimate sources of state pride that Texans have that others lack. Don't have pride in your state and its history? Your problem.

I have pride in my state and its history, the thing is I don't expect you to, its not your state. But don't be shocked ore offended when people from other parts of the country don't fawn over or have unquestioning pride in your state. they DON"T owe you anything.

Please show me where a crowd of mean Texans are telling you to give a guy a break for desecrating one of your state's revered memorials, I dare you...

Doesn't fucking matter, nobody owes your state or its history, or mine either, any pride or respect (see the part in red). And just to call you on your disingenuous bullshit, Its not just people from Montana saying you should get over it, its people from all over the country. So when something happens in Montana where some random dipshit pees on some building, we'll see what happens if he is sentenced to 18 month's, charged 4k and stripped of his 2nd amendment rights (sentenced to more then a year).
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

1.  Please show me where I called you a Yankee.  Also look back at the thread and see who started bashing first, Texans or nonTexans...
2. The Alamo is as valid a symbol as Pearl Harbor and Arlington. If you don't get that, its a "you" problem.

Texans didn't inherit independence, they fought and died for it. Desecrate the symbols for that at your own peril.  Don't like the punishment? Stay out or mind your manners.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?

You do understand why you call us Yankees, right? You think your pissing on my heritage. I mean, I know I personally take it as a compliment, but its understood you mean it as an insult. You guys unrelentingly bash anyone and everything that isn't Texas. (I think its hilarious, its the internet, so Im not even really complaining - just sayin)

Bro, my Pearl Harbor is your Pearl Harbor, and so is the Arlington Cemetery. Horrible, horrible horrible examples to try and make that weak point with.

1.  Please show me where I called you a Yankee.  Also look back at the thread and see who started bashing first, Texans or nonTexans...
2. The Alamo is as valid a symbol as Pearl Harbor and Arlington. If you don't get that, its a "you" problem.

Texans didn't inherit independence, they fought and died for it. Desecrate the symbols for that at your own peril.  Don't like the punishment? Stay out or mind your manners.

1. Its not about you. You said "Texans" unless you consider yourself all Texans. To quote yourself - "The difference between Texans and . . . " Oh shit, remember now?
2. Duh. You obviously don't see your mis-step. Must have spent too much time learning about TX history, and not enough time on English. . . or apparently U.S. History, for that matter.

Take up that fight with black people. Im not bashing the Alamo, Im bashing ignorance. Its a no win battle though, we all know Texans are above everyone else and there is no ignorance there. Clearly displayed by yourself and the pisser.

Who started bashing in the thread first? Texans or non-Texans? Dude, come on!! The thread is about a Texan pissing on the Alamo. Get off your high horse.

It's unwise to think the people of your state hold themselves to the same standards you hold yourself. If you are going to say all Texans are better/nicer/ more polite than all non-Texans. . . Yea, your going to catch shit. You are incredibly wrong.

ETA: Im incredibly polite, passionate about my history, educated, hospitable etc. But you're not gonna catch me saying all CT'ers are better than anywhere just because I consider myself to be. They are not, I promise. CLEARLY, not all Texans are, either
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:28:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Seems to me that a hefty fine, followed by community service, followed by lifetime exile from Texas would suffice. If he doesn't like it here, no reason to delay his exit.

For those of you out-of-staters that don't get the veneration of the Alamo, go fuck yourselves I would compare it to the way... maybe Serbs feel about Kosovo or something, or the way some of you screaming fatties feel about pro ball teams as though you were on the team, when you personally can barely lift your fat asses from the sofa. If you wouldn't think it okay to shit on the podum in your church, you shouldn't be so cheery about this sort of thing.

It's a tribal, emotional, quasi-religious cultural thing for us, not something shared by the denizens of most states. So go fuck yourselves I hope this helps explain it a little.

View Quote

Deportation to Mexico seems in order.

Anyone from a currently tyrannical state such as my own such heed its lessons, and all it stands for.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:32:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Can you not see the difference between having pride and saying, "I'm the best and everyone else sucks ass"?

Not knowing jack shit about the United States and crowing in a retarded manner about how great you are, isn't the same as having pride.

You guys are tedious.

I was in Houston with my wife, we were driving around town, I asked her where it reminded her of.

She said, "Trenton, NJ"

But don't let that stop you from jerking yourself off every time you see TX mentioned in a thread.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys are tedious.

She said, "Trenton, NJ"

Please point out where anyone said that. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:36:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'd be pissed (no pun intended) but is a national memorial, on a more apples to apple level, refer to my Custer Battle Field comparison. If someone pissed there, Texans wouldn't bat an eye.
View Quote

Don't be so sure of that.  I would certainly support the good people of the Great State of Montana as they handle such an event as they deem proper.  I sure as hell wouldn't bellyache about Montana or it's people on the internet.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:41:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Doesn't fucking matter, nobody owes your state or its history, or mine either, any pride or respect (see the part in red). And just to call you on your disingenuous bullshit, Its not just people from Montana saying you should get over it, its people from all over the country. So when something happens in Montana where some random dipshit pees on some building, we'll see what happens if he is sentenced to 18 month's, charged 4k and stripped of his 2nd amendment rights (sentenced to more then a year).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have pride in my state and its history, the thing is I don't expect you to, its not your state. But don't be shocked ore offended when people from other parts of the country don't fawn over or have unquestioning pride in your state. they DON"T owe you anything.

We didn't ask for you, or anyone else, to have pride or respect.  We ultimately have pride and respect for our state and its history.  Any time Texas is mentioned half the board shows up to tell us how we should handle our business.  We don't give a good god damn what "people from all over the country" think about how we should handle our business.

You clearly don't understand using phrases like "some building".  It wasn't the BOA tower, it was a god damn historical site where men gave their lives in pursuit of liberty and freedom.

You clearly think it's us that has the issue, but we'll bring this up again next time someone posts a thread gleefully proclaiming that "Texas is soon to go blue".  It's not us that has the issue.  We love our state and we love our history.  It seems to be "people from all over the country" that can't accept our love for our home.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah, because it's cool to piss on the site where hundreds gave their lives in the name of freedom...wtf is wrong with people?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
18 months, for that?

Yeah, because it's cool to piss on the site where hundreds gave their lives in the name of freedom...wtf is wrong with people?

Nobody thinks it's cool to be an ass.

But a year and a half behind bars is excessive punishment (granted, that's the maximum punishment and he'll probably be let go with just the fine).

$4k is a far more reasonable punishment.  Or you'd think so...

Except that you've got all sorts of chest-thumpin, proud-to-be-a-by-God-Texan goobers in here suggesting he should be punished by everything from severe trauma to his genitals right up to summary execution.

Now, maybe some or even most of them are just being hyperbolic.  I'd sure hope so.  But good gravy, the fuckin Texas cult is out in force today.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:50:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Germany does not teach the Holocaust
 in order to actively hide it.   Nothing to be embarrassed about down here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What folks from other states don't get is that Texas history is mandated in high school.  I'd been to all four major battle sites by the time I was a senior. You can come up with the CT/VA/NY version of history  if you like, but  everyone here knows the truth.  

BTW.  I had ancestors massacred at Goliad and there are entire towns here named for  heroes in that war.   (Both Mexican and white)   Pissboy is lucky to still have two unbroken arms.

Not to take away from your education, because I think that is awesome . .

But they do not teach the Holocaust in Germany. And in British history, we are not the saviors of WWII. Just some food for thought . .

Even as a CT'er, I got the goosebumps when I put my hand on the Alamo's walls. I'd have some choice words for the pisser, myself, and would be fighting myself to hold back some primal urges.

Parts in BOLD are false. Their curriculum calls for students to take fieldtrips to several concentration camps in fact.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Parts in BOLD are false. Their curriculum calls for students to take fieldtrips to several concentration camps in fact.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What folks from other states don't get is that Texas history is mandated in high school.  I'd been to all four major battle sites by the time I was a senior. You can come up with the CT/VA/NY version of history  if you like, but  everyone here knows the truth.  

BTW.  I had ancestors massacred at Goliad and there are entire towns here named for  heroes in that war.   (Both Mexican and white)   Pissboy is lucky to still have two unbroken arms.

Not to take away from your education, because I think that is awesome . .

But they do not teach the Holocaust in Germany. And in British history, we are not the saviors of WWII. Just some food for thought . .

Even as a CT'er, I got the goosebumps when I put my hand on the Alamo's walls. I'd have some choice words for the pisser, myself, and would be fighting myself to hold back some primal urges.

Maybe not all of Germany, then.

I had a German exchange student in one of my college classes. When we dove into the Holocaust the teacher threw up a video the first day. Half way through the exchange student broke down and started balling his eyes out, started rabidly apologizing to everyone in the class for the actions of his people. It wasn't the first he had heard of the Holocaust, but it was the first he had heard of the atrocities committed.

I guess, maybe he could have been home schooled or something, I dunno. That was my experience with that.

ETA: Thanks for the info, though, Im gonna dig around a bit so I can stop spreading bad info.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We didn't ask for you, or anyone else, to have pride or respect.  We ultimately have pride and respect for our state and its history.  Any time Texas is mentioned half the board shows up to tell us how we should handle our business.  We don't give a good god damn what "people from all over the country" think about how we should handle our business.

You clearly don't understand using phrases like "some building".  It wasn't the BOA tower, it was a god damn historical site where men gave their lives in pursuit of liberty and freedom.

You clearly think it's us that has the issue, but we'll bring this up again next time someone posts a thread gleefully proclaiming that "Texas is soon to go blue".  It's not us that has the issue. We love our state and we love our history. It seems to be "people from all over the country" that can't accept our love for our home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You clearly think it's us that has the issue, but we'll bring this up again next time someone posts a thread gleefully proclaiming that "Texas is soon to go blue".  It's not us that has the issue. We love our state and we love our history. It seems to be "people from all over the country" that can't accept our love for our home.

A bit, it takes two to tango, and you guys are just as guilty of egging it on. I never have. I hope you never do. Good, you should. Nobody owes it to you to do so, just as you don't owe it to anybody to accept theirs.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:57:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

But a year and a half behind bars is excessive punishment (granted, that's the maximum punishment and he'll probably be let go with just the fine).

Except that you've got all sorts of chest-thumpin, proud-to-be-a-by-God-Texan goobers in here suggesting he should be punished by everything from severe trauma to his genitals right up to summary execution.

Now, maybe some or even most of them are just being hyperbolic.  I'd sure hope so.  But good gravy, the fuckin Texas cult is out in force today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
18 months, for that?

I find it pretty funny that those that disagree with my opinion that 18 months, a felony (no more guns, or voiting), and a sex offender tag is excessive punishment also seem to believe that I think he should not be punished at all. The $4k fine and a "Get out, and stay the fuck out of Texas!" is good enough. A year and a half in jail is "cruel and unusual".
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's because it's a beautiful sunny day in Dallas North Texas, most work places closed sometime around noon and we're all full of that Shiner Bock.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Perhaps you haters need to organize a mass Alamo pissing to protest the injustice.  I'm sure you'll get tons of local support.  Make your voices heard.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Perhaps you haters need to organize a mass Alamo pissing to protest the injustice.  I'm sure you'll get tons of local support.  Make your voices heard.
View Quote

So it should be a protected 1st amendment issue is what you are saying
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

1. Its not about you. You said "Texans" unless you consider yourself all Texans. To quote yourself - "The difference between Texans and . . . " Oh shit, remember now?
2. Duh. You obviously don't see your mis-step. Must have spent too much time learning about TX history, and not enough time on English. . . or apparently U.S. History, for that matter.

Take up that fight with black people. Im not bashing the Alamo, Im bashing ignorance. Its a no win battle though, we all know Texans are above everyone else and there is no ignorance there. Clearly displayed by yourself and the pisser.

Who started bashing in the thread first? Texans or non-Texans? Dude, come on!! The thread is about a Texan pissing on the Alamo. Get off your high horse.

It's unwise to think the people of your state hold themselves to the same standards you hold yourself. If you are going to say all Texans are better/nicer/ more polite than all non-Texans. . . Yea, your going to catch shit. You are incredibly wrong.

ETA: Im incredibly polite, passionate about my history, educated, hospitable etc. But you're not gonna catch me saying all CT'ers are better than anywhere just because I consider myself to be. They are not, I promise. CLEARLY, not all Texans are, either
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?

You do understand why you call us Yankees, right? You think your pissing on my heritage. I mean, I know I personally take it as a compliment, but its understood you mean it as an insult. You guys unrelentingly bash anyone and everything that isn't Texas. (I think its hilarious, its the internet, so Im not even really complaining - just sayin)

Bro, my Pearl Harbor is your Pearl Harbor, and so is the Arlington Cemetery. Horrible, horrible horrible examples to try and make that weak point with.

Read the first post in the thread, you obviously skipped it.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

A bit, it takes two to tango, and you guys are just as guilty of egging it on. I never have. I hope you never do. Good, you should. Nobody owes it to you to do so, just as you don't owe it to anybody to accept theirs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree...I hope no state ever goes blue.

However, it is disingenuous to say that "I've never done that" and then ask why Texans thump so loudly on the board or ask why we're so vocal. It's tiresome.  You've never done it, but this board seems to delight in telling us how we're doing things wrong, how we're going blue and frankly it comes moreso from the blue states.  Texans aren't liked because we seem to have an overt pride in our state.  Mostly, we're not saying your state is worse, we're just saying we love our state.  I can understand, if my state was blue, I would lose pride in my home.  Also, Texans can be assholes.

To address your orange point, we never asked anyone to accept our history.  If you're not going to accept our history, then you don't really get to comment on it and why his deeds were so egregious.  That's the point.  Granted you've had posters calling for death, which is silly, but you can't just say "it's some building".  The simile has already been provided, but if someone urinated on Lexington Green, half the board would be on here calling for the same punishments, which would also be silly.

I'm going to go fire up my grill, play with my daughter in the yard and have some real beer...not Shiner Bock...I hope you have a good weekend.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

However, it is disingenuous to say that "I've never done that" and then ask why Texans thump so loudly on the board or ask why we're so vocal. It's tiresome.  You've never done it, but this board seems to delight in telling us how we're doing things wrong, how we're going blue and frankly it comes moreso from the blue states.  Texans aren't liked because we seem to have an overt pride in our state.  Mostly, we're not saying your state is worse, we're just saying we love our state.  I can understand, if my state was blue, I would lose pride in my home.  Also, Texans can be assholes.

To address your orange point, we never asked anyone to accept our history.  If you're not going to accept our history, then you don't really get to comment on it and why his deeds were so egregious.  That's the point.  Granted you've had posters calling for death, which is silly, but you can't just say "it's some building".  The simile has already been provided, but if someone urinated on Lexington Green, half the board would be on here calling for the same punishments, which would also be silly.

I'm going to go fire up my grill, play with my daughter in the yard and have some real beer...not Shiner Bock...I hope you have a good weekend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same to you, I think if we were to do this face to face and not in writing in GD we would be a lot closer in our thinking. This medium leaves a lot to be desired as far as conversations go. Happy Easter
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-18-months-peeing-alamo-article-1.1757266

My sentence would involve a glass rod and a hammer.
View Quote

You don't fuck with the Alamo
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-18-months-peeing-alamo-article-1.1757266

And you don't tug on Supermans cape
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:25:27 PM EDT
[#25]
You know what I love about this? There are two perfectly reasonable opinions here:

1. Pissing on the Alamo is wrong, and something that should NOT be tolerated.

2. In light of #1, 18 months and $4k in restitution is a bridge too far.

And somehow, if you even hint at #2, it means you're an advocate of wanton Alamo pissing sans consequences.

You know what else seems to be illegal? Nuance.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:32:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You guys are tedious.

She said, "Trenton, NJ"

View Quote

Coming from a guy who can't fucking wait to jump into any thread related to Texas and piss all over it, this post is hilarious.

You are the last person who should be criticizing anyone for jerking themselves off to a Texas thread.  You do it in every single one of them.

This thread does have a lot of stupid in it.  Thanks for contributing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

You know what I love about this? There are two perfectly reasonable opinions here:

View Quote

1. Pissing on the Alamo is wrong, and something that should NOT be tolerated.

2. In light of #1, 18 months and $4k in restitution is a bridge too far.

And somehow, if you even hint at #2, it means you're an advocate of wanton Alamo pissing sans consequences.

You know what else seems to be illegal? Nuance.

Has Harry called him a DT yet,  something about spreading a Biological Agent.  

ETA: It sure got that Water Management guy in Portland all worked up.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:39:34 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I was going to say that, but he did $ 4k in damage, still prison is excessive  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

18 months, for that?

I was going to say that, but he did $ 4k in damage, still prison is excessive  
I agree.  I think I could arrange something a little more efficient that would likely reduce the chance of recidivism .

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I wasn't talking about JBski, but I won't let that stop your senseless tirade.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
18 months, for that?

Perhaps he should move to a free state upon release. https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_wink.gif

Agreed. Get the fuck out.

a Texan went on a website full to the top with gun owning conservative hardasses and told them to stay out of his state

yup, they are a bunch smart fellers all righty,  probly have a collich degree in smartology or sumpin

I wasn't talking about JBski, but I won't let that stop your senseless tirade.

Aggies
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:45:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Reading comprehension isn't your long suit, huh?  

Indecent Exposure is the sex crime. You 'OK' with your family having to see some schmoe's dick because he decides to piss in front of them?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
18 months, for that?

Pissing in public in Texas is indecent exposure...can be a felony...and is a sex crime. Not only do you get a fine and possibly jail time...you get to be on the sex offender roles.

Pissing on the Alamo is over the top. I'll bet he gets his ass beat multiple times over that one.

urinating is a sex crime

wow

bravo, texas

you must be very proud

Reading comprehension isn't your long suit, huh?  

Indecent Exposure is the sex crime. You 'OK' with your family having to see some schmoe's dick because he decides to piss in front of them?

Assuming it was big enough to see?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:46:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Nobody ever accused Texans of being all that smart.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
18 Months for that seems like a HUGE waste of taxpayer dollars. How much would that cost anyway $30,000, $50,000? And all he has to pay is 4K in restitution.

Nobody ever accused Texans of being all that smart.

Hey now. Don't be sayin we ain't got no book learnin.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'll bet if that north texas rich kid that got off with a slap in the wrist (after causing the death of four people while driving drunk) pissed on the Alamo he would not be doing no 18 months.  

View Quote

You know that is one of the worst verdicts I've ever heard of. There's a lot of talk about the judge did the smart thing, because he would have been cleared up when he turned 18. By the probation the kid has a strong chance of messing up and getting nailed as an adult.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Coming from a guy who can't fucking wait to jump into any thread related to Texas and piss all over it, this post is hilarious.

You are the last person who should be criticizing anyone for jerking themselves off to a Texas thread.  You do it in every single one of them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys are tedious.

She said, "Trenton, NJ"

That idiot passed "contributing" and went straight to "dominating".  
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
18 Months for that seems like a HUGE waste of taxpayer dollars. How much would that cost anyway $30,000, $50,000? And all he has to pay is 4K in restitution.
View Quote

18 months is ridiculous. 4K is ridiculous. A lot of more serious crimes don't get nearly that much.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:58:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Wow. Texans sure are protective of their car rental lots.
View Quote

Best reply so far.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:42:10 PM EDT
[#36]
You know I hate these threads, but can't stop from clicking on them.

We're taught Texas History not only at the High School level, but at the Junior High level. At least back years ago when I was in school. I truly believe that people don't realize that the reason the Alamo is so sacred to a Texan is that we realize that some people, that didn't have to, came and gave their lives to help fight for an idea. Were there mistakes made in supporting them? Heck yes and maybe that is a reason we hold it so dear, we know that they should have been re-enforced. Maybe even to the level of being ashamed that our leaders didn't do the right thing. You're usually correct when you are able to Monday Morning Quarterback.

I have always believed that the Alamo is a true American symbol, not just a Texas thing. Those men came to help support some of the locals in fighting for an idea. They didn't have to come and chose to help like minded people. They paid the ultimate sacrifice. You know kinda like the very fabric this country is based on. I see this time and time again in .mil.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:42:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

18 months is ridiculous. 4K is ridiculous. A lot of more serious crimes don't get nearly that much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, like that Texas teenager who drunk drove and killed four people.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/05/us/texas-affluenza-teen/

Apparently its much more appropriate to get the "Alamo Pisser" off of the streets, take away his 2A and voting rights, and label him a sex offender, then to actually jail somebody who murdered four people in a DUI crash.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?

But at least I read the OP.

Times the Alamo was pissed on:
By Texans - 1
By anyfuckingbody else - 0

You're right, Texan morals are best morals. You win. People should never question Texas or its ethics. You take Texas history in High School, you are very proud and only Texans would piss on the Alamo. Stupid out of staters would probably walk across the street to the public restroom like they have done millions and millions of times. Stupid Yankee morals, northerners are inferior. No Texans would never mock other states, were above that, damn Yankees.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

By Texans - 1
By anyfuckingbody else - 0 1 (Ozzy)

You're right, Texan morals are best morals. You win. People should never question Texas or its ethics. You take Texas history in High School, you are very proud and only Texans would piss on the Alamo. Stupid out of staters would probably walk across the street to the public restroom like they have done millions and millions of times. Stupid Yankee morals, northerners are inferior. No Texans would never mock other states, were above that, damn Yankees.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?

By Texans - 1
By anyfuckingbody else - 0 1 (Ozzy)

I think its overkill too, but at least be factual
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:48:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Cut it off.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#41]

Apparently its much more appropriate to get the "Alamo Pisser" off of the streets, take away his 2A and voting rights, and label him a sex offender, then to actually jail somebody who murdered four people in a DUI crash.

Terrible outcome. I hope that the judge was a genius in this. IIRC this would have been wiped out when he turned 18. By the judge doing the probation if he messes up he can be punished as an adult. You know that kid won't make it clean through his probation. It's just another one of those "Money Talks and Bullshit Walks" things. I think they should have hung the little snot, but I guess my opinion doesn't matter.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Full retard.. You've gone there. Congrats.

Nobody ever said our justice system hasn't made mistakes.

Throwing the book at someone for pissing on a memorial isn't one of them, however.

Take your blind hate elsewhere.

I don't believe you ever answered the question about whether this punishment would be ok if the location was the Pearl Harbor memorial or the tomb of the Unknowns...
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:59:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

A felony conviction for peeing on a building???   Derp
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#44]
For a supposed website full of tier 1 alpha-males, this place sure is populated by a bunch of emotional bitches.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:22:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
For a supposed website full of tier 1 alpha-males, this place sure is populated by a bunch of emotional bitches.
View Quote

Tier .5 mother fucker.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Throwing the book at someone for pissing on a memorial isn't one of them, however.

I don't believe you ever answered the question about whether this punishment would be ok if the location was the Pearl Harbor memorial or the tomb of the Unknowns...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, the punishment wouldn't be okay, for either of those places. Good luck getting by the guards at the tomb of the Unknown solider to do it, you would most likely catch the back end of an M14 for your efforts (as well as you should). The USS Arizona is in the Ocean, can't really pee on it.

Furthermore, the Alamo isn't nearly as Nationally sacred as either of those sites. (unless you're a Texan, of course)
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:35:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No, the punishment wouldn't be okay, for either of those places. Good luck getting by the guards at the tomb of the Unknown solider to do it, you would most likely catch the back end of an M14 for your efforts (as well as you should). The USS Arizona is in the Ocean, can't really pee on it.

Furthermore, the Alamo isn't nearly as Nationally sacred as either of those sites. (unless you're a Texan, of course)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So jail is excessive but crushing his skull isn't?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well stop fucking crying about it, will ya'?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
18 months, for that?

Labeling someone a sex offender for public urination makes a sex offender list pointless.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:41:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Labeling someone a sex offender for public urination makes a sex offender list pointless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
18 months, for that?

Public urination is not a sex offender offense.  That's just a GD'ism.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top