BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:55:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
got a link to your good enough to steer clear gen 1 NVGs that you don't have use more illumination to manuvers with than the guys with gen 3?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Water. lots of water, high calorie light weight food, Sun protection, lots of water, Med kit, snake gators, Armor with a front steel plate with neck shoulder and groin protection add ons in case you have time to put it on. Lots of water,  cow boy hat, helmet on the horse if at all,  night vision, could be gen I  just to see other people with night vision. A Drone.

Pics of your badass gen 1 night vision that lets you see other people with passive gen 3 NVGs?

You can see IR illuminators and markers. with all the scrub brush, snakes, scorpions and other shit, I'd imagine they would be using IR illuminators quite a bit to navigate under the assumption that they are hidden.

You dont need super ninja Gen III to see that stuff. If I am in the desert at night with a bunch of wanna be seal team 6 guys, All I want to do is steer clear, not get into a fight.

got a link to your good enough to steer clear gen 1 NVGs that you don't have use more illumination to manuvers with than the guys with gen 3?

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:03:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
So just to be clear, you think the movie Sniper was pretty realistic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A really nice suit, a good lawyer or two, media coach, and a good haircut.

Fighting the BLM and the Feds on your ranch is a losing proposition. Fight the war in a venue where you have a chance of winning, legal and media.

Yeah...hard to fight heli-borne snipers when you're on horseback and in the open.

Shoot, displace, BOOM HEADSHOT.

So just to be clear, you think the movie Sniper was pretty realistic.

Bro...lots of people on the ground were killed by M-60's on Hueys way back in my day. I can only imagine what a gyroscopically stabilized GAU-21 with an eotech is capable of...but it's an automatic so if the first shot misses you can shoot again, huh?

If you want to go up against a tyrannical government that has air support while you're on horseback...have at it. I can imagine many - more viable - means of 'resistance'.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:12:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

We've worn armor where it's hot before.......... Doing ranch like work, ie putting up fences, hauling equipment and supplies, hell even helping some farmers take care of goats .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's BunDY Ranch . . . not BuNNY Ranch to you jokers.

- - -

Seriously though, Harry "it's not over" Reid as much as promised to be back at these folks.

If you LIVE & WORK there, tactics and loadout for incipient incursion?  Bear in mind this appears to be a working ranch ON HORSEBACK.
Don't expect to be lugging around a Barrett .50 and a 1000 round reload.  And I didn't see a Polaris ATV on the premises so that nixes increasing carrying capacity.

I also don't see them detailing someone to be on the lookout perpetually.  Small group & they all have work to do and sentries tie up manpower.

Conditions:
1) Weather  (HOT and Dusty)       Full Plates and carrier?  While trying to work?  No way.
2) Horseback

3) Communications  (walkie talkies at least)

Yeah, because we didn't bring our IOTV's to Iraq or anything. It's too hot for that. ANd there's no way the JBT's will be wearing theirs.

Bring water....lots of it. Not gatorade or any other sports drink, just water. And drink the fuck out of it.

No shit.  Like gun shot wounds wouldn't suck even more.  

"What do you mean wear my body armor?  It's hot outside and it makes me uncomfortable!"

You're going to say that to a guy WORKING IN A RANCH?  Heck,  you're going to wear all THAT in a ranch yourself?

He's in Mesquite, NV . . . not Afghanistan.

We've worn armor where it's hot before.......... Doing ranch like work, ie putting up fences, hauling equipment and supplies, hell even helping some farmers take care of goats .

You ex mil guys (an current) need to remember ....supply. few normal Joe's now engaged with xyz force wont have a Hummer or Apc full of dasanis on ice ready to be sucked down between engagements....at best they may have runners or caches at certain areas....if they're lucky.
3 liters of h2o doesn't last long when your doing anything with load in high temps. Just my two cents from a typical basement dwelling red dawn lover :p

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:18:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You ex mil guys (an current) need to remember ....supply. few normal Joe's now engaged with xyz force wont have a Hummer or Apc full of dasanis on ice ready to be sucked down between engagements....at best they may have runners or caches at certain areas....if they're lucky.
3 liters of h2o doesn't last long when your doing anything with load in high temps. Just my two cents from a typical basement dwelling red dawn lover :p

View Quote

Next time I go out on patrol, I'll PM you for advice on how to do it.

Ib4nukldragrsfu
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:20:39 AM EDT
[#5]
State, local, and federal LE have been dealing with people a billion times dumber, possessing a much higher propensity and capacity for violence, no fear of going to jail, and way less to lose for years.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:23:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got just the thing that will slow 'em to a crawl...

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:24:40 AM EDT
[#7]
.22 rifle
wheel barrow
debarked chihuahua
peanut butter
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ib4nukldragrsfu
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ib4nukldragrsfu

Where was this hummer full of dasani on ice when I was on patrol in A stan? Did you guys see it? I must've missed it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:35:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ib4nukldragrsfu
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ib4nukldragrsfu

Not a problem ......

Ill try and help you anyway I can.....

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:36:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Judging by the pics of the BLM "snipers" silhouetting themselves on a hill top with the sun at their back, I don't think they have to worry about them hiding in the shadows where gen 1 night vision cannot see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Water. lots of water, high calorie light weight food, Sun protection, lots of water, Med kit, snake gators, Armor with a front steel plate with neck shoulder and groin protection add ons in case you have time to put it on. Lots of water,  cow boy hat, helmet on the horse if at all,  night vision, could be gen I  just to see other people with night vision. A Drone.

Pics of your badass gen 1 night vision that lets you see other people with passive gen 3 NVGs?

Judging by the pics of the BLM "snipers" silhouetting themselves on a hill top with the sun at their back, I don't think they have to worry about them hiding in the shadows where gen 1 night vision cannot see.

they know there is no threat to them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:40:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The courts are a losing proposition if there ever was one. The .gov has bottomless pockets full of freshly printed money and they can simply destroy you financially long before the case moves far enough through the court system to arrive at a resolution. The game is rigged. However, a large number of armed citizens physically standing up to them and declaring "This far, no further!" can become a rallying cry amongst the people and the .gov ends up looking like a bunch of REAL jack-booted thugs in the "Court of Public Opinion". This is perhaps the first time we have seen the 2nd A brought to bear as the founders intended, whether shots are ever fired or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A really nice suit, a good lawyer or two, media coach, and a good haircut.

Fighting the BLM and the Feds on your ranch is a losing proposition. Fight the war in a venue where you have a chance of winning, legal and media.
Fucking LOL.
It's a long shot but a heck of a lot better than trading rounds.  

The courts are a losing proposition if there ever was one. The .gov has bottomless pockets full of freshly printed money and they can simply destroy you financially long before the case moves far enough through the court system to arrive at a resolution. The game is rigged. However, a large number of armed citizens physically standing up to them and declaring "This far, no further!" can become a rallying cry amongst the people and the .gov ends up looking like a bunch of REAL jack-booted thugs in the "Court of Public Opinion". This is perhaps the first time we have seen the 2nd A brought to bear as the founders intended, whether shots are ever fired or not.

I concur. We are pretty much past the whole court thing. and the election thing too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:40:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If one is going to face off armed feds on your ranch, or stand shoulder to shoulder with him while holding your personal weapon, then front, back and side SAPIs aren't a bad idea regardless of your location.  GSWs suck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

SNIP

If one is going to face off armed feds on your ranch, or stand shoulder to shoulder with him while holding your personal weapon, then front, back and side SAPIs aren't a bad idea regardless of your location.  GSWs suck.
I would also suggest good health insurance and life insurance.  Make sure you get a policy that doesn't have a disclaimer for war and insurrection.  A good lawyer will also be needed.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:43:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd love to agree with you but I don't know if the .gov can allow the precedent to be set that they cannot execute a court order or two. When the local sheriff  has a difficult eviction they just bring more guys and more bigger guns.

Inability to enforce laws and execute court orders is not something that  goes hand in hand with an effective government.

I'm rusty on US history so I'd be interested how Uncle Sam has handled similar situations.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a long shot but a heck of a lot better than trading rounds.  

I'd love to agree with you but I don't know if the .gov can allow the precedent to be set that they cannot execute a court order or two. When the local sheriff  has a difficult eviction they just bring more guys and more bigger guns.

Inability to enforce laws and execute court orders is not something that  goes hand in hand with an effective government.

I'm rusty on US history so I'd be interested how Uncle Sam has handled similar situations.

Its already been set. Whatever they do now they do now will look like  "sour grapes" and the good old "oh Yeah? stand up to me will you? Watch this!
what they really need to do is watch out for the next time. but to do that they will have to be MORE asinine then they were THIS time.

The whole free speech zone thing was kicked in the nuts too.

all in all it was a good encounter for the good guys.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:49:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

http://minnov8.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/dimes_740.jpg
View Quote

it would be worth the media attention to build something like this and put it up...
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:53:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
it would be worth the media attention to build something like this and put it up...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You know, you're absolutely correct. I was just being a smart-ass, but if you built this and made it the US Senator Harry Reid Thruway, that is a hell of a way to mock that asshole.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:55:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

You make a valid point, actually.  Hydration has to be planned for, just like eating, personal hygiene, and a sleep schedule.  If you leave the PPE behind or decide NOT to wear it, you still have to hydrate regardless.  That goes for those on foot patrols or occupying a static position like an LP / OP.  May as well wear your body armor if you have to hydrate anyway.  Just MHO.    

Failure to administratively plan for such basic functions can be just as bad as being wounded in a gunfight.  You're no good if you're not on top of game or incapacitated (or dead) because you're now a heat casualty.  I imagine if you're in a Bundy Ranch type scenario, you're on your own-obviously without a formal chain of command where mid-level management is responsible to ensure nobody fails to drink water or makes you take a seat in some shade when they start to look like they're about to suffer heat stroke while a medic / Corpsman / EMT looks at you.

The younger and more physically fit you are, the better you can adapt to a hot / dry climate, but even young people suffer from problems associated with operating in that environment when they're doing more than just taking a stroll on a hiking path.  Carrying weapons, ammo, and water increase stress on the body.  Wrapping your torso up in kevlar and SAPI plates just makes it that much worse.  It's like wearing a 30 lb. plastic bag.  Under those circumstances, water intake is life.        

Bottled water is cheap-a magnitude cheaper than a hospital bill, or even losing your life.  In the middle of summer, I'd plan a case of water a day / person-especially if they're active and wearing body armor.  In fact, one may need even more than that, and a cooler with ice is a luxury-nice to have, but not absolutely essential.  

As an aside, from 2009 to 2011 I RSOd and OICd more live fire ranges than I can remember-all small arms.  Standing out on those ranges in the NC heat during the summer all day long-the sun reflecting off the sandy ground, wearing 60 lbs of uniform, body armor, and gear absolutely drains you.  It takes increased effort to remain mentally focused on the task at hand when it's almost 100 degrees in that still, humid air, and when you add activities like shooting, reloading, and maneuvering while wearing body armor, it is physically exhausting and somewhat mentally stressful.  It's not long before your entire uniform (and even your boots) are completely soaked with sweat, and never in the history of mankind has a cold beer ever tasted so delicious when I came home at the end of a day.  God, how I miss those days sometimes.  

One doesn't know pleasure until he knows pain
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:00:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
If left unattended, that would be one hell of a mess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If left unattended, that would be one hell of a mess.
OMG....can you imagine the typhoon of TP that would most certainly spring up ?

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:07:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I would also suggest good health insurance and life insurance.  Make sure you get a policy that doesn't have a disclaimer for war and insurrection.  A good lawyer will also be needed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SNIP

Sound advice.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:15:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ib4nukldragrsfu
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ib4nukldragrsfu

Come on now brother, it's a discussion, not a dick measuring contest
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:18:51 AM EDT
[#20]
it is physically exhausting and somewhat mentally stressful. It's not long before your entire uniform (and even your boots) are completely soaked with sweat, and never in the history of mankind has a cold beer ever tasted so delicious when I came home at the end of a day. God, how I miss those days sometimes.
View Quote

Wow, that brings back some memories...different work venue but same effect.  And we did not wait 'til we got home, which was probably a bad idea.

One problem with the arid heat like desert west, is that you do not necessarily sweat, but you are losing water at a same or even greater rate due to evaporation.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:35:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Wow, that brings back some memories...different work venue but same effect.  And we did not wait 'til we got home, which was probably a bad idea.

One problem with the arid heat like desert west, is that you do not necessarily sweat, but you are losing water at a same or even greater rate due to evaporation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
it is physically exhausting and somewhat mentally stressful. It's not long before your entire uniform (and even your boots) are completely soaked with sweat, and never in the history of mankind has a cold beer ever tasted so delicious when I came home at the end of a day. God, how I miss those days sometimes.

Very true.  Being from out west, I much prefer our dry / hot summer climate, but you're absolutely right about the perception of not sweating.  The high desert (I believe) where Mr. Bundy's ranch is located in southern NV is deceptively hazardous.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:37:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ib4nukldragrsfu

It's a stupid discussion bordering on dangerous. The guys that geared up and went out there are fucking idiots. The one posing for the picture while pointing his rifle at the cops is lucky he didn't get shot. Hostile intent/hostile act, and all that. Now, a stupid discussion is one thing. We have them all the time. Giving delusional people just enough info to get themselves into real trouble is irresponsible. Calling out active military members and vets and telling them how to do their job makes you a target for sarcasm and criticism.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:46:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It's a stupid discussion bordering on dangerous. The guys that geared up and went out there are fucking idiots. The one posing for the picture while pointing his rifle at the cops is lucky he didn't get shot. Hostile intent/hostile act, and all that. Now, a stupid discussion is one thing. We have them all the time. Giving delusional people just enough info to get themselves into real trouble is irresponsible. Calling out active military members and vets and telling them how to do their job makes you a target for sarcasm and criticism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ib4nukldragrsfu

I said it a bit differently earlier, but that's about the size of it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:48:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ib4nukldragrsfu

So me pointing out that "Joe normal " wont(or may not)  have a supply train to draw from is somehow calling vets out. LOL
If anything folks should learn from it.
s. Each person has their limits. Take away the fuel to extend those limits (aka water)  puts that person military or civilian at a high risk of failure.
Heat kills its pretty simple.  

Sorry if you felt I was calling you out.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Calling out active military members and vets and telling them how to do their job
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:28:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ib4nukldragrsfu

I didn't read it as he was telling anyone how to conduct a patrol.  He was just stating that the logistical support wouldn't exist in that kind of environment, which is most likely true.

And yes, pointing weapons at federal agents under the circumstances wasn't very bright.  Some of those "patriots" like Mr. Salmon Pants looked like they were in way over their heads.  The fact that unarmed protesters were milling around among the those that were armed like it was no big deal proves that lot was either incompetent, careless, or just plain retarded.  Probably all of the above.   Nobody was in charge of that mob.  At least the feds knew enough to walk away before someone was seriously hurt.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:29:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Harry Reid is way past due for his stroke.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:31:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Beer, titty mags and hot pockets
View Quote

I don't want the shits in the desert.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:33:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Thanks, I don't fish but that looks cool  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.ukmatchangler.com/carp/images/tackle/nash/hgoval/4.jpg
-beer cooler
-10/22 for rabbits
done

Tell me more about this setup, please.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Nash-H-GUN-Oval-Fishing-Umbrella-/121233379805

Thanks, I don't fish but that looks cool  

I don't know why exactly, but it bothers me that you live where you do and you don't fish.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Seems like a horse, big American flag and large silly hat get you further than a rifle and chest rig
View Quote

Hope they can get it done or were screwed, the young guys are wiping down their assault rifles, loading P Mags and sending nasty e mails to their elected officials who don't really give a shit.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:45:21 PM EDT
[#32]
ah shit thought we were fo'ing to the bunny ranch,i need glasses

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:59:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

So me pointing out that "Joe normal " wont(or may not)  have a supply train to draw from is somehow calling vets out. LOL
s. Each person has their limits. Take away the fuel to extend those limits (aka water)  puts that person military or civilian at a high risk of failure.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ib4nukldragrsfu

"Joe normal" can have a very different meaning from "normal Joe" and warrant a post like mine. If by normal joe you mean regular civilian, then I'll eat the .mil callout portion of my post. The rest of it still stands, however.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Seems like a horse, big American flag and large silly hat get you further than a rifle and chest rig
View Quote

What if you're not really too keen about riding a horse?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or laziness bleeding through.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:40:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:Being from out west
View Quote

I've never met a westerner who says they're from "out west."
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#37]
This is the only load out the Bundy Ranch needs:

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Being from out west

I lived in the southeast long enough to say "out west" when describing the vast, wide open spaces I lived in to people who never left the county they were born in.

(shrugs).
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:21:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It's a stupid discussion bordering on dangerous. ....Giving delusional people just enough info to get themselves into real trouble is irresponsible.
View Quote

So getting back to the topic...how would you recommend me packing pizza rolls and Diet Dew in my rucksack and still keep them cold?

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:31:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

So getting back to the topic...how would you recommend me packing pizza rolls and Diet Dew in my rucksack and still keep them cold?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a stupid discussion bordering on dangerous. ....Giving delusional people just enough info to get themselves into real trouble is irresponsible.

Carefully
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:00:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Carefully
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carefully

Guess I'll just take my rolly-cooler.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:52:20 AM EDT
[#42]
1. Dry white toast
2. Four fried chickens
3. A case of Yoo Hoos
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:13:12 AM EDT
[#43]

"Joe normal" can have a very different meaning from "normal Joe" and
warrant a post like mine. If by normal joe you mean regular civilian,
then I'll eat the .mil callout portion of my post. The rest of it still
stands, however.
View Quote

well...military or civilian(aka the "militia" in this case  )..you dont have a supply(water in this case) your outta the game, pretty simple really as i already stated earlier and others.

If your reading into it more than that well, thats all on you and no one else.

if you'd like enlighten me on how you get your h20 while on "patrol"..id be happy to listen and learn.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:22:53 AM EDT
[#44]
A cooler of beer and a video camera.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:38:45 AM EDT
[#45]
John Wayne and some sun screen......
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:48:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bro you are in the desert.... If you haven't figured out how to resupply with water.......................................................

Go Home.

Stay in the basement.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:11:44 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

You know, you're absolutely correct. I was just being a smart-ass, but if you built this and made it the US Senator Harry Reid Thruway, that is a hell of a way to mock that asshole.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bonus points for having the sign in English and Chinese.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:32:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
fresh roll of Reynold's Wrap
Slim Jims
some purple drink
slingshot
View Quote

*ahem* lawn chair.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:45:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

*ahem* lawn chair.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Slim Jims
some purple drink
slingshot

*ahem* lawn chair.

I'm not sure you guys know what purple drink is.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:48:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Slim Jims
some purple drink
slingshot

*ahem* lawn chair.

Isn't that Robitussen and Sprite?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top