BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lube.  A metric fucking shit ton of lube.  And a sock on my dick so it doesn't get sun burned.
View Quote

Burning Man, brah?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:46:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No shit.  Like gun shot wounds wouldn't suck even more.  

"What do you mean wear my body armor?  It's hot outside and it makes me uncomfortable!"

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's BunDY Ranch . . . not BuNNY Ranch to you jokers.

- - -

Seriously though, Harry "it's not over" Reid as much as promised to be back at these folks.

If you LIVE & WORK there, tactics and loadout for incipient incursion?  Bear in mind this appears to be a working ranch ON HORSEBACK.

Don't expect to be lugging around a Barrett .50 and a 1000 round reload.  And I didn't see a Polaris ATV on the premises so that nixes increasing carrying capacity.

I also don't see them detailing someone to be on the lookout perpetually.  Small group & they all have work to do and sentries tie up manpower.

Conditions:

1) Weather  (HOT and Dusty)       Full Plates and carrier?  While trying to work?  No way.

2) Horseback

3) Communications  (walkie talkies at least)

Yeah, because we didn't bring our IOTV's to Iraq or anything. It's too hot for that. ANd there's no way the JBT's will be wearing theirs.

Bring water....lots of it. Not gatorade or any other sports drink, just water. And drink the fuck out of it.

"What do you mean wear my body armor?  It's hot outside and it makes me uncomfortable!"

You're going to say that to a guy WORKING IN A RANCH?  Heck,  you're going to wear all THAT in a ranch yourself?

He's in Mesquite, NV . . . not Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:47:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted: SNIP
Lol dip made me dizzy the one time I tried it  
View All Quotes
Quoted: SNIP
Quoted:
Its easy. You just have to drink a fuckton of water, and salt your chow to taste. Occasionally put a dip in. It worked for me.
Lol dip made me dizzy the one time I tried it  

Well scratch that then. But seriously, you just have to drink enough water and remember to eat lightly salted food/snacks and you're fine. Its 90 percent mental anyways, I've seen out of shape gross looking dudes kick ass on ruck runs and long patrols. But don't get me wrong, if you are fat and out of shape it makes wearing plates and carrying a bunch of shit suck a LOT more. You don't have to be RustedAce to hack it though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Where is the guy who just got the M134 parts kit?

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Bring water....lots of it. Not gatorade or any other sports drink, just water. And drink the fuck out of it.
View Quote

This...and water is heavy 62.4 lbs per cubic foot, 231 cu.in. per gallon.
Roughly a 8.34 lb  / gallon / day.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:And a sock on my dick so it doesn't get sun burned.
View Quote

Having spent many years living in the desert, I can't emphasize enough how important this is. Sunburn on the dick is not fun. It can also lead to dick cancer. OP, you don't want dick cancer, do you?

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Having spent many years living in the desert, I can't emphasize enough how important this is. Sunburn on the dick is not fun. It can also lead to dick cancer. OP, you don't want dick cancer, do you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:And a sock on my dick so it doesn't get sun burned.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:01:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Canned bacon is all you need.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:04:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Canned bacon is all you need.
View Quote

Don't forget imitation crabmeat
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How many regular dude type guys, I don't even mean fatties, but just average guy who's not in the military do you think could function all day in the heat in plates?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- - -

Seriously though, Harry "it's not over" Reid as much as promised to be back at these folks.

If you LIVE & WORK there, tactics and loadout for incipient incursion?  Bear in mind this appears to be a working ranch ON HORSEBACK.
Don't expect to be lugging around a Barrett .50 and a 1000 round reload.  And I didn't see a Polaris ATV on the premises so that nixes increasing carrying capacity.

I also don't see them detailing someone to be on the lookout perpetually.  Small group & they all have work to do and sentries tie up manpower.

Conditions:
1) Weather  (HOT and Dusty)       Full Plates and carrier?  While trying to work?  No way.
2) Horseback

Yeah, because we didn't bring our IOTV's to Iraq or anything. It's too hot for that. ANd there's no way the JBT's will be wearing theirs.

How many regular dude type guys, I don't even mean fatties, but just average guy who's not in the military do you think could function all day in the heat in plates?  

It sucks and it's miserable, but it's doable if you're accustomed or capable of strenuous physical activity.  Obviously, age and overall health will be a factor here.  

Like others have said, you drink water, wear a hat or brain bucket to protect your grape from the sun and don't expend more energy than you're capable of.  

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:44:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You're going to say that to a guy WORKING IN A RANCH?  Heck,  you're going to wear all THAT in a ranch yourself?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- - -

Conditions:
2) Horseback

If one is going to face off armed feds on your ranch, or stand shoulder to shoulder with him while holding your personal weapon, then front, back and side SAPIs aren't a bad idea regardless of your location.  GSWs suck.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#12]
rape

murder

arson

and rape
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Just finished reading Collision Course, by David Crawford. My brother bought the book almost a year ago, recently finished it and sent it back. I had read David's other fiction, including Light's Out in the meantime, since he made me aware.

I think I'm going to try and write a short story, or few, working up to a novel.

My Blackhawk carbine case houses 15+1 30-round magazines, including the two bandoleers that hold 6 mags each.

ETA: Don't know how this posted, but won't delete (maybe drunk like Mr. Horne.)
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Lawyers, guns and money!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:32:13 AM EDT
[#15]
If I worked there I would pack all my guns and ammo....

along with all my other shit into my truck and GTFO.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:22:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Is anyone working on a Bundy Ranch clone build yet?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:40:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Bring a cheap gun that is fully legal in every conceivable way. Bring cheap body armor, there's not much reason to wear it unless shooting starts and like the gun expect it to be seized when you leave. Ammo is a tricky situation, you will want enough for all possibilities but like the gun and the body armor you are going to lose it too when you leave.

Even if you brought a registered MG, a truck load of ammo, and some super high tech nano armor the costs of fighting in court to get it all back will still be more than the stuff costs new.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:49:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Water. lots of water, high calorie light weight food, Sun protection, lots of water, Med kit, snake gators, Armor with a front steel plate with neck shoulder and groin protection add ons in case you have time to put it on. Lots of water,  cow boy hat, helmet on the horse if at all,  night vision, could be gen I  just to see other people with night vision. A Drone.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:52:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Bundy ranch loadout? A badass keyboard.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:54:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Water. lots of water, high calorie light weight food, Sun protection, lots of water, Med kit, snake gators, Armor with a front steel plate with neck shoulder and groin protection add ons in case you have time to put it on. Lots of water,  cow boy hat, helmet on the horse if at all,  night vision, could be gen I  just to see other people with night vision. A Drone.

View Quote

Pics of your badass gen 1 night vision that lets you see other people with passive gen 3 NVGs?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:59:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Pics of your badass gen 1 night vision that lets you see other people with passive gen 3 NVGs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Judging by the pics of the BLM "snipers" silhouetting themselves on a hill top with the sun at their back, I don't think they have to worry about them hiding in the shadows where gen 1 night vision cannot see.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:05:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can see IR illuminators and markers. with all the scrub brush, snakes, scorpions and other shit, I'd imagine they would be using IR illuminators quite a bit to navigate under the assumption that they are hidden.

You dont need super ninja Gen III to see that stuff. If I am in the desert at night with a bunch of wanna be seal team 6 guys, All I want to do is steer clear, not get into a fight.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:13:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You can see IR illuminators and markers. with all the scrub brush, snakes, scorpions and other shit, I'd imagine they would be using IR illuminators quite a bit to navigate under the assumption that they are hidden.

You dont need super ninja Gen III to see that stuff. If I am in the desert at night with a bunch of wanna be seal team 6 guys, All I want to do is steer clear, not get into a fight.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

got a link to your good enough to steer clear gen 1 NVGs that you don't have use more illumination to manuvers with than the guys with gen 3?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:23:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Riding a horse while weaponized is harder than it looks in the movies folks. It is very uncomfortable for both rider and horse. This is why Calvary was used to scout.

Nevertheless I'm going to show up a horse back at the next event just cause I can.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:25:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
got a link to your good enough to steer clear gen 1 NVGs that you don't have use more illumination to manuvers with than the guys with gen 3?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

aren't any that I know of. the point isnt to navigate, it is to see where they are, and then not go there.  The German surplus stacked stuff might rival Gen II but I doubt that it could be used to manuver effectively.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:30:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

aren't any that I know of. The German surplus stacked stuff might rival Gen II but I doubt that it could be used to manuver effectively.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

aren't any that I know of. The German surplus stacked stuff might rival Gen II but I doubt that it could be used to manuver effectively.

So your plan is to stay in one place while people with better equipment and training maneuver on you. Could work...
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:40:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
rape
murder
arson
and rape
View Quote

You said rape twice.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:42:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Bring  scary Harry Reed and make him the point man.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:43:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So your plan is to stay in one place while people with better equipment and training maneuver on you. Could work...
View Quote

My plan then would be to jump on my horse and run away useing a flashlight. But chances are if there is 10-13 men most likely with dogs moving in on little ole me, I am done for without some well placed pyrotechnics, cover fire and back up gen III night vision or no.

If I was fighting people with night vision, the last way I would do it is overtly. I would lay mines, and entanglements, and traps, and shit like that. I would use smoke (wont work with thermal) to manuver and light to even the odds.  I would light fires to burn the prairies so that they had no place to hide and train guns to take them in the knee so  their noses cant leave the dirt, I'd mine the cover and make it inviting.

Basically I'd Do everything I could to make their advantage hard to use.

What I would not do if fight them on their terms.

What I Would prefer is not to fight at all.  If I was out there protesting, or guarding the mans cows, My main goal wouldnt be to fight, it would be not to get shot by the feds who want to fight. That means avoiding them, especially in the dark.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:59:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Turn the cows into weapons and transport?  Just need an 80's music montage of the cows learning to fight and some Home Alone levels of planning.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:48:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It's a long shot but a heck of a lot better than trading rounds.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A really nice suit, a good lawyer or two, media coach, and a good haircut.

Fighting the BLM and the Feds on your ranch is a losing proposition. Fight the war in a venue where you have a chance of winning, legal and media.
Fucking LOL.

Especially when you are carrying those low capacity New York magazines!  
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:50:24 AM EDT
[#32]
I'd need at least six or seven 4-LOKO
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:07:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
http://www.ukmatchangler.com/carp/images/tackle/nash/hgoval/4.jpg
-beer cooler
-10/22 for rabbits
done
View Quote

Nice setup. Where can I get that Gear? UK only?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:24:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You said rape twice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
rape
murder
arson
and rape

You said rape twice.

I like rape.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:27:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- - -

Conditions:
2) Horseback

I really don't think people who have never experienced that.....pleasure.....know what "hot" is until you put on kevlar and run around in the heat.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:35:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Turn the cows into weapons and transport?  Just need an 80's music montage of the cows learning to fight and some Home Alone levels of planning.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/143/d/7/battle_cow_by_sketchteno-d3h0blv.jpg

http://iampierremenard.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/warning-sign-cow.jpg
View Quote

Fuck yeah.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:39:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:40:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Tag

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:44:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Seems like a horse, big American flag and large silly hat get you further than a rifle and chest rig
View Quote

you forgot about the penguin wearing spurs
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:45:39 AM EDT
[#40]
I would take my choppa, stove pipe, heater, and gat!

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:48:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Conditions:
2) Horseback
View Quote

Lol, don't leave your mom's basement, bro
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:49:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Are you saying the jerky vendors at the fun shows are light years ahead of the power curve?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beef jerky, lots of beef jerky.

Are you saying the jerky vendors at the fun shows are light years ahead of the power curve?

Eerily prophetic ain't it?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:53:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:53:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- - -

Conditions:
2) Horseback

We've worn armor where it's hot before.......... Doing ranch like work, ie putting up fences, hauling equipment and supplies, hell even helping some farmers take care of goats .
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:01:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fighting the BLM and the Feds on your ranch is a losing proposition. Fight the war in a venue where you have a chance of winning, legal and media.
Fucking LOL.

The courts are a losing proposition if there ever was one. The .gov has bottomless pockets full of freshly printed money and they can simply destroy you financially long before the case moves far enough through the court system to arrive at a resolution. The game is rigged. However, a large number of armed citizens physically standing up to them and declaring "This far, no further!" can become a rallying cry amongst the people and the .gov ends up looking like a bunch of REAL jack-booted thugs in the "Court of Public Opinion". This is perhaps the first time we have seen the 2nd A brought to bear as the founders intended, whether shots are ever fired or not.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:07:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:27:26 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
The courts are a losing proposition if there ever was one. The .gov has bottomless pockets full of freshly printed money and they can simply destroy you financially long before the case moves far enough through the court system to arrive at a resolution. The game is rigged. However, a large number of armed citizens physically standing up to them and declaring "This far, no further!" can become a rallying cry amongst the people and the .gov ends up looking like a bunch of REAL jack-booted thugs in the "Court of Public Opinion". This is perhaps the first time we have seen the 2nd A brought to bear as the founders intended, whether shots are ever fired or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd love to agree with you but I don't know if the .gov can allow the precedent to be set that they cannot execute a court order or two. When the local sheriff  has a difficult eviction they just bring more guys and more bigger guns.

Inability to enforce laws and execute court orders is not something that  goes hand in hand with an effective government.

I'm rusty on US history so I'd be interested how Uncle Sam has handled similar situations.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:37:02 AM EDT
[#48]
A Colt .45 and two zig-zags, baby that's all I need!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:40:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is how you don't get deaded.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:41:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top