Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/16/2014 1:41:38 AM EDT
In his first major political investment since leaving City Hall, former Mayor Michael Bloomberg is taking aim at one of his favorite targets — the NRA.

Bloomberg plans to spend $50 million of his vast fortune to bankroll grass-roots efforts to build a national network dedicated to passing stricter gun-control laws in America, The New York Times reported Tuesday.

Bloomberg said the game plan calls for absorbing the gun control groups that he has funded — Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America — into an umbrella group known as Everytown for Gun Safety. They will focus enrollment efforts in 15 states, including such pro-gun strongholds as Texas, and seek to land a million new backers this year.

The strategy takes a long view of how to produce change on gun reform, and is designed to beat the National Rifle Association at its own game: developing the political clout needed to get lawmakers to back the group’s agenda — and to punish those who don’t.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bloomberg-pledges-50m-fight-nra-article-1.1757801#ixzz2z2afmHaU
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bloomberg-pledges-50m-fight-nra-article-1.1757801
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:42:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Will be cutting the NRA a check payday.   And I am an Endowment member.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:44:09 AM EDT
[#2]

I'd be willing to kick him in the nuts for less than that.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:56:08 AM EDT
[#3]
He could stick 50 million...oh never mind...
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:57:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Make sure to leave comments after the article
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:59:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I have hopes for a swift and fatal disease for that liberal progressive bastard, who wants to enslave humanity.  Swift as possible please.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:59:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't understand why this guy has such a hard on for guns - it's insane.  There's obviously more to it because people like Bloomberg don't really care about safety for the people.  If they did they'd have groups against mental illness and corruption.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:59:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:00:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:00:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I wish death on that elitist fuck in the worst way possible.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:03:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Bloomberg plans to spend $50 million of his vast fortune to bankroll grass-roots efforts to build a national network dedicated to passing stricter gun-control laws in America, The New York Times reported Tuesday.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:04:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"Gun control" - It's not about the guns, it's about the control.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't understand why this guy has such a hard on for guns - it's insane.  There's obviously more to it because people like Bloomberg don't really care about safety for the people.  If they did they'd have groups against mental illness and corruption.

Well yeah that's his intent but you'd think there'd be a better way to get control other than rounding up a bunch of fat moms and sissy husbands.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:04:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:06:10 AM EDT
[#13]
NRA-ILA needs another 20 bucks from me I think
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:06:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I really wonder what goes on in that void he calls a brain of his. He must have some serious issues in his past.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:07:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Ban big gulps they are bad for you.
Ban plastic bags they are wasteful.

He's not happy unless he is banning or trying to ban something.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:08:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, I guess he has the large soda cups under control.  This had to be next.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:10:25 AM EDT
[#17]
This...........Bloomberg would like to go from Mr Mayor to "Mein Fuhrer" and control every aspect of the average American's life..............from soft drinks to junk food, to gun control. He's on a power trip

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:14:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Once again, liberal politicians from the east and west coast telling the rest of the country to how act.  It's getting old.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:16:49 AM EDT
[#19]
He's on the today show right now. He is delusional.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:18:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ban big gulps they are bad for you.Ban plastic bags they are wasteful.

He's not happy unless he is banning or trying to ban something.
View Quote

The common theme is control.  He wants control.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:22:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Who's he going to bribe this time?

Fuck him and the corrupt dirt bags that he buys with  his money.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:22:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
He's a big city liberal. He views people as kind of stupid sheep that need to be herded around for their own good. Guns, fast food, then it was some bullshit with green taxicabs.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's a big city liberal. He views people as kind of stupid sheep that need to be herded around for their own good. Guns, fast food, then it was some bullshit with green taxicabs.  

This.  We "normal" people cannot fathom the unbounded egos of either the uber-wealthy or politicians.  Combine the two and you have meglomania on an epic scale.  So we have creatures like Gore and Bloomberg who have this dangerous/evil conflict--they have utter disdain for "normal" people but they also have the need to "save" us from ourselves.

This has the potential to produce some truly evil and disastrous outcomes.

TC
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:25:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:27:27 AM EDT
[#24]
What a Schmuck!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:39:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Will be cutting the NRA a check payday.   And I am an Endowment member.
View Quote

Make sure it goes to the NRA ILA. For some reason a lot of people don't know that. (Not saying you don't in particular).

Also obligatory Fuck Bloomberg.

Can we get another money bomb thread going with more images like these?

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:51:12 AM EDT
[#26]

I'm still hoping he gets arrested in some backwater county in the south for carrying an illegal weapon, then thrown in some county jail never to be heard from again.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:55:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Top down funding by a billionaire = grass roots?

ETA::Beat.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:55:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:57:40 AM EDT
[#29]
His little straw purchase scheme in a local gunshop here in GA didnt quite go the way he intended........

Quoted:
I'm still hoping he gets arrested in some backwater county in the south for carrying an illegal weapon, then thrown in some county jail never to be heard from again.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:57:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:59:08 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.  A gun and the skill to use it would allow the poorest person to tell him "NO", and he absolutely can not stand it.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:00:37 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I really wonder what goes on in that void he calls a brain of his. He must have some serious issues in his past.
View Quote
"I am so much smarter than the commoners, I must use my incredible talents and the wealth they have produced to improve the lives of those wretched ignorant subjects."

Fuck Bloomberg with a frozen big gulp....sideways.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:00:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:01:38 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote

I came.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:02:02 AM EDT
[#35]
with 89 guns per 100 people in the Unites States how grass roots can the effort be....outside of a few big city idiots does he really think there is a ground swell of support for this....a real grass roots effort...one where people are passionate about the cause cannot be bought.....how many pro gun groups are willing to die for their cause......cold dead hands means something to gun owners
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:11:13 AM EDT
[#36]
what an asshole.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:13:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Let him spend what he will. He won't live forever.

It's pretty darn clear the majority of gun owners will not comply with registration, even in the libtard states. The Dems can pass their laws even without Bloomy's help if they win elections but they don't have the balls to go out and enforce them except as add-on charges.

50 million is chump change compared to what trial lawyers will spend to get Dems elected. Better to keep your eye on the ball of elections.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:15:09 AM EDT
[#38]
From the NY Daily News link:
“They say, ‘We don’t care. We’re going to go after you,’ ” he said of the NRA. “‘If you don’t vote with us we’re going to go after your kids and your grandkids and your great-grandkids. And we’re never going to stop.’
View Quote

Yeah... that's the NRA all right, they are famous for targeting people's children.

I guess  that explains Bloomberg's passion for gun control - I think he is remembering this incident from his youth:
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:18:03 AM EDT
[#39]
FMB.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:19:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Maybe he will have a tucking heart attack and die. Just think of his heat packing slut goon squad that sold out their freedom for the love of money to be with him. They should fucking die along with him in one big massive heart attack.

Edit spelling
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:21:39 AM EDT
[#41]

It's amusing to watch a man slit his own daughter's throats.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:22:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
In his first major political investment since leaving City Hall, former Mayor Michael Bloomberg is taking aim at one of his favorite targets — the NRA.

Bloomberg said the game plan calls for absorbing the gun control groups that he has funded — Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America — into an umbrella group known as Everytown for Gun Safety. They will focus enrollment efforts in 15 states, including such pro-gun strongholds as Texas, and seek to land a million new backers this year.

The strategy takes a long view of how to produce change on gun reform, and is designed to beat the National Rifle Association at its own game: developing the political clout needed to get lawmakers to back the group’s agenda — and to punish those who don’t.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bloomberg-pledges-50m-fight-nra-article-1.1757801#ixzz2z2afmHaU
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bloomberg-pledges-50m-fight-nra-article-1.1757801
View Quote

he was on Today show this morning.  His face silent makes me angry...then he begins to talk.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:27:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

From the NYT article.  
But if he senses that he may not have as much time left as he would like, he has little doubt about what would await him at a Judgment Day. Pointing to his work on gun safety, obesity and smoking cessation, he said with a grin: “I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.”
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:28:47 AM EDT
[#44]
It's for our own good.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:29:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

From the NYT article.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the NYT article.  
But if he senses that he may not have as much time left as he would like, he has little doubt about what would await him at a Judgment Day. Pointing to his work on gun safety, obesity and smoking cessation, he said with a grin: “I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.”

You don't get into heaven through works bloomtard.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:31:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Will be helping out the NRA.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:31:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Pure arrogance

Quoted:

From the NYT article.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the NYT article.  

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:32:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

From the NYT article.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the NYT article.  

Bloomberg getting to spend all eternity with people just like himself?  Busybodies who feel a burning need to not only tell others how to live; but compel them to live that way?  Talk about ironic justice.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:33:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:34:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Fuck you Bloomberg, burn in hell!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top