Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:33:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I took one bigger than that to a repair shop a few years ago in the bed of my pickup.  Repair guy (average size fellow) threw a suede belt around it, drug it up to his chest and walked off with it.  I was like
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I would only move it to the trash.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Please tell me this isnt for real
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#4]
No wonder you can't find a woman
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Come back OP...let's not turn this into a Tacoma thread.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:30:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, if that TV weighs anywhere near 350 pounds it's filled with lead shot.  
View Quote

Looks like it's a 30+-inch screen.  In a glass picture tube set, that is F-ing heavy.  We had a 37-inch Sony and that damn thing weighed close to 350 pounds if it weighed an ounce.  Moving that thing was more work than moving a refrigerator and only two people could grab hold of that TV at once.

My advice to OP is to get hold of a cart and get some help to set the TV down onto that cart and move it around that way.  Be sure to strap the set down to the cart, because when we got rid of it the wife's brother took it without strapping it down and then had to deal with picking the thing up off the ground on the way over to his house.  He and his buddy both hurt themselves getting it back up off the ground.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:40:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
na its close to propably 100. Ok , the 350 part is overexaggeration

point is, as others said (and so did I in 1st post) it has no places to get a grip of. I already cut myself pretty bad on the bottom parts. Not sure why JVC didn't grind down their plastic but damn I got a deep cut
View Quote

Just apply one of your Maxi-Pads to the area.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:56:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
OP, ask your friend that has herpes to move it, I'm sure he'd love to help out such a good friend as yourself that lets him play that xbox 360 of yours
View Quote

I would have to go with this suggestion
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 11:06:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Do you even lift bro?
View Quote

Look at his screen name. I'm sure you'll find the answer there.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 11:14:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, in his defense he is like 5' 5" 115 lbs. Not that I'm a huge guy either, but the thing really does seem like it is 300 lbs to him probably. Btw, my folks had that same exact TV and gave it to me when I moved out I still have it in my living room but since I cut the cord on tv I don't use it anymore.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 11:41:39 PM EDT
[#11]
"TV weighs 350lbs"

-Keeps it on glass-

We had that same TV...it's probably less than 100lbs, much less 350
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 11:47:46 PM EDT
[#12]
This thread is the answer to your earlier question.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1582517_Help_plz_21_and_no_GF.html
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:22:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I had one of those, two of us would just pick it up.
You must have narrow doors, we had no problem.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:31:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This monster?
http://i58.tinypic.com/11uvpsy.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/n2g6xl.jpg

Long story short, a friend's family purchased a D-Series JVC TV in 2002. It's a great TV, has good and sharp picture, still works and never let them down, I played many xbox&xbox360 games on it a long time ago. Fun times indeed
ok, nostalgia mask off, lets get to the real deal:

Just 3 problems with it
Its outdated and bulky taking up too much space
Its heavy as a mofo , I think it weights close to 350 lbs and cant fit through doorways. I am not sure how they got it through

As again excuse my shitty phone camera flip phones are notorious for shit cams but im not upgrading because my plan is already too much

TV has no gripping points whatsoever, and I already put a small dent into the front plastic frame. Oh, did I mention it weights close to 350 lbs?
KInda stuck between a rock and a hard place

Lets see what GD can come up with

View Quote

Is this a joke? I'm an outta shape jelly belly with a bad back. I moved a TV similar to that through three rooms. I grabbed it, hugged it close, and walked. My wife did hold the door for me. I didn't have to lift it or set it down. Just moved it from one stand to another.

Maybe less computer games and more real life guy stuff activities would help you in the future...
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:56:33 AM EDT
[#15]
I wouldn't move it.  I would call the Salvation Army or Disabled Veterans and donate it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:28:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Anyone that gives the OP shit for not being able to move that albatross has never tried it themselves.

I just had to move a 36" CRT out of my house and it was one of the most difficult things I've ever moved.

Take 200ishlbs. of WTF and stuff it into a rounded box that you can't grab, can't easily slide and can't securely strap to a dolly all while having to turn and twist it to get through doors and you have a recipe for a bruised ego.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I had one of those, two of us would just pick it up.
You must have narrow doors, we had no problem.
View Quote

SHHHH.  He doesn't know you can turn it sideways.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

http://i60.tinypic.com/2q3y6fa.jpg
Its 1 of those small but deep annoying ones which sting
Got 1 on my other hands knuckle as well
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

point is, as others said (and so did I in 1st post) it has no places to get a grip of. I already cut myself pretty bad on the bottom parts. Not sure why JVC didn't grind down their plastic but damn I got a deep cut

Pics of superficial scratch?

http://i60.tinypic.com/2q3y6fa.jpg
Its 1 of those small but deep annoying ones which sting
Got 1 on my other hands knuckle as well

Have you Wife call one of her Girlfriends, maybe they will do it for you.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:02:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well, in his defense he is like 5' 5" 115 lbs. Not that I'm a huge guy either, but the thing really does seem like it is 300 lbs to him probably. Btw, my folks had that same exact TV and gave it to me when I moved out I still have it in my living room but since I cut the cord on tv I don't use it anymore.
View Quote

i am 5'6" 140 and i could lift the fuckin' thing

i mean i dont like harping on people but really OP, what did you expect

lol
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:15:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Craigs list add!
Free come and get it!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:31:20 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:32:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Instructions on moving TV.

1. Put on gloves.
2. Grow a pair of testicles.
3. Pick up television and move to desired location.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Instructions on moving TV.

1. Put on gloves.
2. Grow a pair of testicles.
3. Pick up television and move to desired location.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:34:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yeah, if that TV weighs anywhere near 350 pounds it's filled with lead shot.  
View Quote

Yeah no shit.  I had a similarly sized Sony (perhaps a bit smaller) that was 90lbs.

OP, when you lift it, make sure the screen faces you.  That's the heaviest side and will keep your center of gravity closer.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:37:57 AM EDT
[#24]
I'd move it with a sledge hammer and a wheel barrow....right to the dumpster.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:56:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Anyone that gives the OP shit for not being able to move that albatross has never tried it themselves.

I just had to move a 36" CRT out of my house and it was one of the most difficult things I've ever moved.

Take 200ishlbs. of WTF and stuff it into a rounded box that you can't grab, can't easily slide and can't securely strap to a dolly all while having to turn and twist it to get through doors and you have a recipe for a bruised ego.
View Quote

It's 114lbs, and I moved a tv that size many many times by myself.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#27]
I feel your pain. Got rid of a Pro-Scan 35 when I bought a new flat screen. It was a BITCH to move.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes

Am I the only one that figures that guy is smiling like that because he's pretending to grab her tits?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
just saying looks are deceiving.It may not look big n heavy but in reality... read the damn text. Once you get real close and look behind it you will see what im taking about, that thing is loaded with ancient hardware

I swear 3 grown men in their 30s had trouble lifting that thing it and putting it on the adjacent couch, let alone carrying it around

I think its bound to stay where it is, topic pretty much closed
View Quote

they are awkward but not so heavy that 1 man or a man and a woman cant move it. I have an old one and its not more than 130 lbs and I moved it up 2 flights of stairs by myself.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes

About 40 years ago, a friend's dad put us to work one summer moving things. Anything. We used a similar set up with straps that went across one shoulder, behind the neck. I couldn't believe the stuff we could pick up with those things. I could swear there was some kind of wizardry or black magic going on the first time we picked up a small upright piano...
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:35:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I feel your pain. Got rid of a Pro-Scan 35 when I bought a new flat screen. It was a BITCH to move.
View Quote

One of the reasons why we haven't gotten rid of the 35" Toshiba monster in the family room.

Not to mention you have to pay some electronics dump to take the fucking thing.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:40:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Throw it out the window, smash it with hammer into smaller pieces, discard, and buy a new flat screen tv.
View Quote

This is what I did to evade the electronic disposal nazi's in Seattle.

Much smaller, so the OP will need to disassemble it.  Should be able to get it down to just the tube, which should have some good lift points on it.

Throwing a fist-sized rock at the screen should work too.  Stand back, wear eye protection.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Much smaller, so the OP will need to disassemble it.  Should be able to get it down to just the tube, which should have some good lift points on it.

Throwing a fist-sized rock at the screen should work too.  Stand back, wear eye protection.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Throw it out the window, smash it with hammer into smaller pieces, discard, and buy a new flat screen tv.

Pacific Iron down in SoDo will buy old electronics. Only like $0.05 per lb or something but still.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Craigslist.  Tell some guy you'll suck his D if he moves the TV.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:01:22 PM EDT
[#36]
I delivered my old washer and dryer to my Ex's house. Her boyfriend was there. He asked how I got them into the truck? I told him I put them in there, how the fuck do you think I put them in there.

The Ex looked at him and nodded yes. Than the pansy was too weak to help me get them out.. It's fun to show up the boyfriend in front of the Ex.

Time to man up OP.

Ed
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Got rid of a Pro-Scan 35 when I bought a new flat screen. It was a BITCH to move.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Got rid of a Pro-Scan 35 when I bought a new flat screen. It was a BITCH to move.

My back curses you and that fucking tv to this day.

Quoted:
Quoted:

One of the reasons why we haven't gotten rid of the 35" Toshiba monster in the family room.

Just throw it over the fence, then it's Arby's problem.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Put it out on the curb in front of my place in Queens. I don't think it lasted two hours. <POOF> Gone.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted: Just throw it over the fence, then it's Arby's problem.
View Quote
Spoken like a man that sleeps in a racing car.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:38:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Put it out on the curb in front of my place in Queens. I don't think it lasted two hours. <POOF> Gone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Put it on the curb with a "Free TV" ad on CL.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
This monster?
http://i58.tinypic.com/11uvpsy.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/n2g6xl.jpg

Long story short, a friend's family purchased a D-Series JVC TV in 2002. It's a great TV, has good and sharp picture, still works and never let them down, I played many xbox&xbox360 games on it a long time ago. Fun times indeed
ok, nostalgia mask off, lets get to the real deal:

Just 3 problems with it
Its outdated and bulky taking up too much space
Its heavy as a mofo , I think it weights close to 350 lbs and cant fit through doorways. I am not sure how they got it through

As again excuse my shitty phone camera flip phones are notorious for shit cams but im not upgrading because my plan is already too much

TV has no gripping points whatsoever, and I already put a small dent into the front plastic frame. Oh, did I mention it weights close to 350 lbs?
KInda stuck between a rock and a hard place

Lets see what GD can come up with

View Quote

Pick it up and move it.

Nancy...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top