BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hahahahahahahahahaha! That's fucking hilarious. People that pay 600% premium for a rollmark.
View Quote
well in all fairness its a little more than a rollmark. Theirs is not a standard forging.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:03:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
well in all fairness its a little more than a rollmark. Theirs is not a standard forging.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hahahahahahahahahaha! That's fucking hilarious. People that pay 600% premium for a rollmark.

Nope it's just like all the others, they told me so!!! Those extra design and manufacturing features are useless.

I wouldn't care about the defects on a blem lower, but noveske needs to get their QC shit together.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just posted this in the other thread.  I know the sky is always falling for some people, but this should take care of the rest....

****************************************************************************************
****************************************************************************************

I was sent this thread by a few different people who are aware of my involvement in the industry, and that I know the Noveske crew pretty well.  I will point out this has nothing to do with Rainier Arms, though people are certainly aware that I help them out as the owner of RA is a close personal friend.  In reading the thread, and looking at the pictures, there is no doubt in my mind that some of the lowers should have been marked and sold as Chainsaw models.  I'm also aware that using the flower, or macro/ micro setting on your camera makes things look like massive, hideous, horrible, damn you straight to hell horrific defects.  In actuality, from a foot away they aren't visible to the naked eye.  

My personal feelings are that a few people need to get taken care of in some way, the ones I noted were FF294, Hottnucks, and Semiauto.  The people who don't like the color are out of luck as far as I was concerned in reading this as Noveske has always had different colored finishes, with some being dark black with a sheen, and some being gray, as well as almost everything in between.  With that in mind, I gave Noveske Rifleworks a call and spoke to Sheri.  Sheri has run the shop for as long as I can remember, and that isn't just my take on things, John had said the same thing to me as well years ago.  

Noveske doesn't have people checking the forums, so don't expect a reply from them here.  BELOW IS MY OWN TAKE ON THE CONVERSATION WITH SHERI, IT IS NOT WORD FOR WORD, BUT IT IS CLOSE AND I WAS ASKED TO RELAY IT.    

I sent the thread to Sheri for her to skim over, or at least check out the pictures, and asked her to call me back.  She did, and we spoke for awhile.  I told her the same thing that I wrote out above, though I didn't mention the particular user names.  She let me know that the issue had come up in a meeting that morning.  Out of the thousand or so lowers that have gone out as they transition to Gen 3, we both agreed it was possible some were not labeled as Chainsaw that should have been.  She also mentioned to me that there were people blowing things out of context, such as one person who sent in a Gen 2 lower which had no defects, and demanded a Gen 3 lower as a replacement.  Evidently there are two sides to things with people calling, though that doesn't mean it was anyone from this board.  

While there are 9 pages so far in this thread, the majority of it has nothing to do with blemished lowers, and it only looks like a few people have actual issues. THOSE PEOPLE WITH ISSUES WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF.

If you have a lower with legit issues, send an email to [email protected].  Include your pictures showing the areas that were blemished when you received it.  In your email, make the title "  Stick said to contact you about my lower".  It doesn't matter who you talked to before, or what you were told.  If there is damage to the metal, they will take care of it.  If you don't like the color, you aren't getting a new one, and you aren't getting a Gen 3.  Chris is the sole POC for this, please email him in a timely manner.  

I want to thank the people who emailed me, and I'm glad I was able to help. If anyone has any questions, please IM me here, or shoot me an email.  Either of those ways makes it a lot easier than trying to keep up with various threads.  Thanks!

+1

good to hear
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's a sucker born every minute
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:10:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you seen the lower? It is more than a roll mark.  

FWIW I would never buy a PSA. The logo screams POS it might as well have a Kmart logo on it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:20:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

FWIW I would never buy a PSA. The logo screams POS it might as well have a Kmart logo on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All PSA lowers are made by someone else. There's at least two companies that have or are making them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:23:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PSA blem, it's....................................... beautiful @49.99
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:59:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:37:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Noveske as it is being run now looks very similar to me as USAF. USAF at one time made what is arguably the best SAA clone. As time went on their product line got smaller and smaller, and now it is a shell of itself, producing a pathetic "zip gun"

Noveske at one time produced a top quality product. Lately, their product line has diminished, and they are spending more time pumping out tactical sporks, than focusing on what people really want.

I realize Noveske has always made quarky, but awesome things to sell, aka the assault hammer, the tactical spork, etc.

However if you can't keep barrels and uppers in stock, why waste time making sporks?

My theory, spork profit margins are much much larger than barrel or upper margins. Who cares what the consumer wants/needs, as long as the shareholders are making money.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:39:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Double tap...
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:40:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Will an Arf boycott commence?

I feel like I'm running out of places to AR stuff.  It's pretty much down to Mini-14s and Hi Point carbines.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I feel like I'm running out of places to AR stuff.  It's pretty much down to Mini-14s and Hi Point carbines.  
View Quote

No boycotting
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:46:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

What will boycotting ARFCOM accomplish?   Wait, don't answer.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:06:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn there is a lot of purse swinging in here. I am a Noveske fanboi. Have three of them in my safe. To include one that is built up around a Gen2 Chainsaw Lower.  Ill be damned if I can find the blem in it. If you are pissing and moaning about the finish meh.  If you actually shoot your rifles they will get dinged up. Buuut the pics of the take down pin holes need to be addressed. It sounds like Stick is the voice of reason in here and reached out to the folks at Noveske to get some of the issues taken care of.  One thing I always get a kick out of are the folks who poke fun at those of use who like to spend our money on quality stuff.  Are you going to say your Taurus 1911 is better quality than my Wilson? Or your Timex is better than my Omega? Sure they both will get the job done but there are a few of us that appreciate quality. YMMV

Sir James...
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:08:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go ahead and boycott.  The legislature just passed the bill saying that we can now have SBR's here. Will leave me more parts to build up my first SBR

Sir James...
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 12:02:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:26:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm betting Rainier would have sent it back if it looked like what's in those pics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Zoinks.  I just ordered a Noveske afghan from rainier.

I'm betting Rainier would have sent it back if it looked like what's in those pics.

Not being all that familiar with how Rainier operates, what makes you say that?  Do they inspect every firearm the receive?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:34:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
for most of those i would not complain. then again i would not pay that kind of money for a lower based on cosmetic finishes. OMG the coating has a dimple in it that i needed a high power optic to see and will in now way effect how the rifle works.

what ever.
View Quote

First time it goes through a tactical/fighting/urban/carbine rifle course that shit will not be noticeable among all the other scratches.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:39:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Does anyone know if noveske still makes complete 11-12.5" rifles?

That's what they need to get on. More variety.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:28:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Not being all that familiar with how Rainier operates, what makes you say that?  Do they inspect every firearm the receive?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know they don't inspect their barrel nuts very well.  Now don't get me wrong I think Rainier Arms is great and they've taken care of me just fine.  I received a barrel nut with bad threads once and they sent out another one no questions asked.  When the new one arrived it was just as bad.  So I got a refund and went to BCM instead.  Just my .02 cents.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:06:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

First time it goes through a tactical/fighting/urban/carbine rifle course that shit will not be noticeable among all the other scratches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
for most of those i would not complain. then again i would not pay that kind of money for a lower based on cosmetic finishes. OMG the coating has a dimple in it that i needed a high power optic to see and will in now way effect how the rifle works.

what ever.

wtf! I would never do that to my Noveske!!

[sarcasm]
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:13:55 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I hope this ends all the crying and whining about these "trashed" lowers!

Never heard so much boo hoo about "I paid top dollar ($20 more) for first quality"

Fuckin babies, save up and buy a complete rifle if it needs to be flawless.

And if you are investing to make money down the road,

Only a fool would Invest their money blindly.

This generation is all about complaining loudly until somebody fixes their fragile lives for them.

I'm ashamed to be under the age of 35 in this country.

Oh yeah, the lower I received from Joebobs is one of the finest examples of machine work I've ever seen.

And I work for a major auto parts manufacturing company,

I know good metal work when I see it.
View Quote
It's pretty hilarious that among all of the consistent replies in this thread, the ones that are most prevalent are the ones where folks were either part of this debacle and/or are a Noveske leg humper and seem to be very angry for some reason.  Like anyone bashing your brand is personally doing you harm.  

Save the interweb chest thumping for someone who takes you seriously.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:19:19 AM EDT
[#24]
I wonder how many of people have taken a close look at a new in box Colt. Those receivers are dinged to hell.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:21:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Since when is Noveske "tier-1"?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:27:27 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Since when is Noveske "tier-1"?
View Quote
Oh now you're gonna make heads explode.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:39:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I wonder how many of people have taken a close look at a new in box Colt. Those receivers are dinged to hell.
View Quote

Or an LMT for that matter.  I have a couple that looked like they were thrown off the end of the dock before shipping.  They still run like a raped ape.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:08:18 AM EDT
[#28]
I read what Stickman said above a couple times.  The folks in that BIY thread that had complained about finish flaws, not color related, and were seemingly turned away by Noveske CS will probably still be out of luck right?  Like there is a subset of folks that actually have issues worth fixing.

Meaning that unless the issues on the lower are off center hole recesses or something major then they are not on the list to get taken care of is how I understand it.  

I said it earlier, but it needs to be said again, if a company sends out something that is supposed to be a certain standard and it isn't then a company should fix it.  Even if its a small spot on the side of the magwell, folks want what they paid for.

We see this sort of thing happen all over this site in the Industry forum, someone cries about something so silly it makes you wonder why in the world they are even doing it on a public internet forum, you are embarrassed for them... but about 98%ish of the time the company chimes in and does whatever it takes to make it right.  LaRue is a perfect example, you should see what some of those guys bring up as issues, its crazy.

Feeling like you don't have that obligation to your customers is just plain arrogance in my opinion.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:08:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quality Control at noveske said the lowers were good.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:17:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I read what Stickman said above a couple times.  The folks in that BIY thread that had complained about finish flaws, not color related, and were seemingly turned away by Noveske CS will probably still be out of luck right?  Like there is a subset of folks that actually have issues worth fixing.

Meaning that unless the issues on the lower are off center hole recesses or something major then they are not on the list to get taken care of is how I understand it.  

I said it earlier, but it needs to be said again, if a company sends out something that is supposed to be a certain standard and it isn't then a company should fix it.  Even if its a small spot on the side of the magwell, folks want what they paid for.

We see this sort of thing happen all over this site in the Industry forum, someone cries about something so silly it makes you wonder why in the world they are even doing it on a public internet forum, you are embarrassed for them... but about 98%ish of the time the company chimes in and does whatever it takes to make it right.  LaRue is a perfect example, you should see what some of those guys bring up as issues, its crazy.

Feeling like you don't have that obligation to your customers is just plain arrogance in my opinion.
View Quote

This is very well said.  I would hope that the people getting turned away by Noveske have some kind of recourse now that Stick is involved, however this should not have been needed.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:24:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:30:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Or an LMT for that matter.  I have a couple that looked like they were thrown off the end of the dock before shipping.  They still run like a raped ape.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here. But honestly those also aren't Colts.

In fairness, I used to make fun of the fit and finish crowd until I remembered my retarded expensive 1911s. IMO most of these folks are buying these lowers primarily for looks, and they do have a right to get what they bought and fairly expected. Its completely reasonable to look at those lowers and wonder why they weren't sold as chainsaws.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:33:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Slightly off-topic, but germane: what makes a Noveske Gen 3 forged lower better than a PSA, for example, lower? Is there a functional difference, or are they collectable?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:35:53 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

No it's not.  It's silly--and ignores the main thrust of what Stickman said.  I'll go get it--BRB.

Edit:  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is very well said.  I would hope that the people getting turned away by Noveske have some kind of recourse now that Stick is involved, however this should not have been needed.

No it's not.  It's silly--and ignores the main thrust of what Stickman said.  I'll go get it--BRB.

Edit:  
If you have a lower with legit issues, send an email to [email protected]. Include your pictures showing the areas that were blemished when you received it. In your email, make the title " Stick said to contact you about my lower". It doesn't matter who you talked to before, or what you were told. If there is damage to the metal, they will take care of it. If you don't like the color, you aren't getting a new one, and you aren't getting a Gen 3. Chris is the sole POC for this, please email him in a timely manner.
I am not sure I agree,  are we to understand that since Stick called them the previous replies from CS of "your lower has to have issues on both sides, not just one" or "that mark in the finish is totally normal and doesn't affect the function in any way" or "you sent us your two lowers with supposed issues and we only agree that one has issues so we are sending the other one back to you" are all going to be re-addressed now that that phone call or email took place?

I think the devil may be in the details of what their definition of "legit issues" might be.  If it read: If you have an issue with your lower we will fix it and make it right, it would be pretty crystal clear what's going on.

I think that's what started this in the first place.  What those guys getting the lowers believe to be legit issues are being treated as non-legit issues by Noveske.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:38:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Edit:  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit:  
If you have a lower with legit issues, send an email to [email protected]. Include your pictures showing the areas that were blemished when you received it. In your email, make the title " Stick said to contact you about my lower". It doesn't matter who you talked to before, or what you were told. If there is damage to the metal, they will take care of it. If you don't like the color, you aren't getting a new one, and you aren't getting a Gen 3. Chris is the sole POC for this, please email him in a timely manner.

If you read the BIY thread you will find that one guy already got denied help for one of his lowers and it was returned to him.  There are pictures of it and it is in unacceptable condition.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:39:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:42:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I loathe jealous idiots who feel they have to put things (that cost more than theirs did) down & disparage the owners of those higher quality items as somehow stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man, I loathe elitist pricks.

I loathe jealous idiots who feel they have to put things (that cost more than theirs did) down & disparage the owners of those higher quality items as somehow stupid.

Thanks for proving my point.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:45:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Slightly off-topic, but germane: what makes a Noveske Gen 3 forged lower better than a PSA, for example, lower? Is there a functional difference, or are they collectable?
View Quote

Yes functionally better. Noveske gen2 lowers will never be collectable there are too many on the market.

I don't buy PSA because you will never know what you might be buying. They sell too many different grades of parts. Their lowers might be as good as a Spikes lower but I could care less their product line is a complete turn off to me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:52:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You dont have a point, only envy.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:53:40 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

ETA:  Perhaps Stickman is committing them to something more than they intended by relating a paraphrased second-hand account, but if the good folks at Noveske choose to communicate with their customers in this manner, then I would cut/paste and raise holy hell to get things made right--should that be necessary.  I doubt it would be necessary, however, given their past history of fine customer service.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

ETA:  Perhaps Stickman is committing them to something more than they intended by relating a paraphrased second-hand account, but if the good folks at Noveske choose to communicate with their customers in this manner, then I would cut/paste and raise holy hell to get things made right--should that be necessary.  I doubt it would be necessary, however, given their past history of fine customer service.  
I agree with that bee.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:57:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm still trying to figure out who the "Elitist Pricks" are  Would those be the people who bought the Noveske lowers or would those be the people saying "It's a tool.  If it goes bang, fuck it!"?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:20:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I say that because they are an awesome shop, and even the Noveske Chainsaws I get there are damned near flawless.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:39:16 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I say that because they are an awesome shop, and even the Noveske Chainsaws I get there are damned near flawless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep a good stand up company surveys the stuff they are sending out beforehand to save themselves some future heartburn.  I have only had awesome experiences with Rainier.  

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:42:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Yep a good stand up company surveys the stuff they are sending out beforehand to save themselves some future heartburn.  I have only had awesome experiences with Rainier.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So yeah, if I had a Noveske Afghan on order from them, I'd have very few, if any, worries about it. And if anything was wrong, I know they'd do whatever they could to make it right.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:48:19 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

So yeah, if I had a Noveske Afghan on order from them, I'd have very few, if any, worries about it. And if anything was wrong, I know they'd do whatever they could to make it right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not to say there aren't exceptions to the rule.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:58:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A stripped lower is a stripped lower.  Well, provided it isn't polymer.  What matters is what you put inside it.  You're paying for a roll mark.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:46:43 AM EDT
[#47]
$300 here and in stock.  Any takers?

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:55:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

A stripped lower is a stripped lower.  Well, provided it isn't polymer.  What matters is what you put inside it.  You're paying for a roll mark.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not going to debate the laws of diminishing returns with you (because no, all lowers are not created equal - whether or not they're 'worth' the price is your decision).

Im just here to point out the reason you feel the need to disparage the purchases of others
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:59:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

*snort*

This keeps getting better and better.

Please keep the my-forged-lower-made-by-someone-else-and-marked-Noveske-by-the-forge-house-with-a-variance-issued-by-ATF-is-better-than-your-forged-lower-made-by-someone-else-and-marked-ABC Guns-by-the-forge-house-with-a-variance-issued-by-ATF circle jerk in the tech forum.

The flared magwell lowers are a nice touch. Kudos on the design for that. But to claim that somehow there is something inherently higher quality about one aluminum forging that meets design specs vs. another aluminum forging that meets design specs is laughable.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:09:37 AM EDT
[#50]
If you're really unhappy with the blems then why not just ask Noveske for a $20 refund which will put it at the chainsaw price?

I wouldn't have even noticed most of the blems or it wouldn't has bothered me personally.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top