BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 28
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I recall a quote by Alan Greenspan.  "When you don't have any alternatives, you don't have any problems". Or something like that.  Uncle Sam has been professional and up front.  But the SA has him officially wigged out because it works so well.  That's a good thing I guess.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope!  still on hold

This has to be a bit frustrating for Mr. Geissele.      There is time, money, baby sitting an arfcom thread,  and dealing with Uncle Sugar invested  in this trigger.    If he can be patient in getting this to market, I am sure the rest of us can be excited about what is coming and be patient about it.

I recall a quote by Alan Greenspan.  "When you don't have any alternatives, you don't have any problems". Or something like that.  Uncle Sam has been professional and up front.  But the SA has him officially wigged out because it works so well.  That's a good thing I guess.

Sounds like Uncle Sam is suffering from a case of cognitive dissonance.  From my understanding, there are already products on the market that accomplish individually what this trigger offers in combination.  
Yet the world hasn't fallen into chaos and anarchy (at least no more than normal ) as a result of these products being out there.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#2]
new to this, what's the difference between S3G and SD3G?
I googled and found threads about SD3G that's dated 2013? confused
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:51:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote
The S3G is a curved version of the SD3G.  I have the SD3G with the flat trigger bow.  Both are fast reset triggers for 3gun style shooting and will feel almost identical.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:54:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The S3G is a curved version of the SD3G.  I have the SD3G with the flat trigger bow.  Both are fast reset triggers for 3gun style shooting and will feel almost identical.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks, but isn't SD3G (or S3G) the new "fake auto" trigger similar to TacCon? is it for sale already or on-hold? how come people already comment about it 2 years ago? I am confused
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
thanks, but isn't SD3G (or S3G) the new "fake auto" trigger similar to TacCon? is it for sale already or on-hold? how come people already comment about it 2 years ago? I am confused
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.  TacCon is a 3 position system with a shorter reset on position 3 combined with a small amount of trigger slap.  The SD3G was available before the TacCon and hasn't had the reliability issues the TacCon has.  Geissele is working on a new selectable trigger that will probably be marketed as the Super Automatic (SA), it will supposedly be faster than an SD3G when the SA is put in position 3 and I believe similar to an SSA on position 2.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No.  TacCon is a 3 position system with a shorter reset on position 3 combined with a small amount of trigger slap.  The SD3G was available before the TacCon and hasn't had the reliability issues the TacCon has.  Geissele is working on a new selectable trigger that will probably be marketed as the Super Automatic (SA), it will supposedly be faster than an SD3G when the SA is put in position 3 and I believe similar to an SSA on position 2.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

so if I understand it correctly, the "fake auto" (the forced reset) is started by SD3G, TacCon added a 3rd position for it, and the new SA is going to add the 3rd position as well? thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:23:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
so if I understand it correctly, the "fake auto" (the forced reset) is started by SD3G, TacCon added a 3rd position for it, and the new SA is going to add the 3rd position as well? thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SNIP

No, SD3G doesn't have forced (or even enhanced) reset.  It is simply a short reset trigger.  TacCon was the first with a forced reset, it doesn't fully reset the trigger though.  IIRC instead of .06 reset in position two, it kicks the trigger forward about .04 to .045 leaving .015 that still has to be reset.  It is a hard mechanical push, which IMO is not ideal.  It also lacks any timing control, so several people have had issues with pulling the hammer too early leading to a dead trigger on live round.

The SA will have a 3rd position and most likely some type of enhanced reset, but full details are unknown.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:25:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No, SD3G doesn't have forced (or even enhanced) reset.  It is simply a short reset trigger.  TacCon was the first with a forced reset, it doesn't fully reset the trigger though.  IIRC instead of .06 reset in position too, it kicks the trigger forward about .04 to .045 leaving .015 that still has to be reset.  It is a hard mechanical push, which IMO is not ideal.  It also lacks any timing control, so several people have had issues with pulling the hammer too early leading to a dead trigger on live round.

The SA will have a 3rd position and most likely some type of enhanced reset, but full details are unknown.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
SNIP

No, SD3G doesn't have forced (or even enhanced) reset.  It is simply a short reset trigger.  TacCon was the first with a forced reset, it doesn't fully reset the trigger though.  IIRC instead of .06 reset in position too, it kicks the trigger forward about .04 to .045 leaving .015 that still has to be reset.  It is a hard mechanical push, which IMO is not ideal.  It also lacks any timing control, so several people have had issues with pulling the hammer too early leading to a dead trigger on live round.

thank you
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:49:07 PM EDT
[#9]
The other issue with "Uncle Sam" is going to be the time to get patent paperwork filed/approved etc. I imagine that would be the first step in bringing this item to market, even before dealing with the ATF.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I emailed Bill Geissele after shot show last year to inquire about the possability of a 3 position trigger that could be used like a double set trigger- ssa/dmr combo basically.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 12:18:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Definitely sounds worth the wait and besides, the longer it takes the more money I can save up to outfit more of my rifles
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I wonder if we'll see these before summer... *sigh*
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 1:21:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

You should learn patience with this kinda stuff.  It is a government agency we're waiting on.

I'm just glad that there's a business that's this in-tune with the market... you know, so this could even become a potential reality.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 2:07:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:16:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You should learn patience with this kinda stuff.  It is a government agency we're waiting on.

I'm just glad that there's a business that's this in-tune with the market... you know, so this could even become a potential reality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

And agreed.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 3:36:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Still sitting here waiting impatiently while realizing the hurdles that need to be jumped through. Really looking forward to trying it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 4:32:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I asked about this trigger at SHOT, and the girl at the table said it was more of an ARFCOM rumor.
View Quote

NNNNnnnnnnnnooooooooo! Please tell me this is bullshit.

Eta: yep it's bullshit. The man himself confirmed its still legit but waiting on Uncle waste of taxpayers money, to approve.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 6:19:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Sure would be nice if at f
would quit banning bullets and give a ruling on these triggers!!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:31:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope!  still on hold

This has to be a bit frustrating for Mr. Geissele.      There is time, money, baby sitting an arfcom thread,  and dealing with Uncle Sugar invested  in this trigger.    If he can be patient in getting this to market, I am sure the rest of us can be excited about what is coming and be patient about it.

I read this as: "Damn, this thing runs as fast as a MG, but it's not a MG."
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:07:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I get so excited when I see a new thread update...

All of us in the thread have first-run pieces reserved, right? I can't freaking wait!
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:06:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Point of interest here: the Taccon doesn't have trigger slap in the traditional context. The bolt carrier helps the trigger forward, but the trigger is under spring tension during this period so it isn't being forced forward like you would have in say, a bad AK or semi auto M11/9. Because it isn't forcing you trigger and finger past the reset point, it doesn't 'run' in the way that people expected it to like a machine gun. It Does make you faster though and is pretty special to shoot-your finger never has to reset, you just pull back as fast as you can. If you get a rhythm going, it can be pretty fast.

Can't wait to get the Gieselle in my hands and compare them,
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 4:21:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Have been searching for a SD3G for my new AR.... They seem to be sold out everywhere. Now after just finding this thread (crazy I know) I'll be holding out for the new SA! . . . Or maybe I'll just get a SD3G to hold me over if I can find one and build another AR for that when the times comes.  :)
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 6:46:21 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm beginning to think I should just buy another SSA-E so I can quit checking this thread all the time
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:05:24 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I'm beginning to think I should just buy another SSA-E so I can quit checking this thread all the time
View Quote
I picked up a SD-C to tide me over. I may have to try a SSA-E.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:06:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
i am developing a twitch waiting on this
View Quote

You and me both!
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You and me both!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i am developing a twitch waiting on this

You and me both!

+87  

Every time I see this thread update, I think "This is IT!!"
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got a SSA-E to tide me over.

Haven't shot it yet.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:19:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The other issue with "Uncle Sam" is going to be the time to get patent paperwork filed/approved etc. I imagine that would be the first step in bringing this item to market, even before dealing with the ATF.
View Quote

edit: nevermind
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:03:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
This patent? http://www.google.com/patents/US8667881 I am no expert on these but I think that publication type of 'grant' means that the patent is complete. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This patent? http://www.google.com/patents/US8667881 I am no expert on these but I think that publication type of 'grant' means that the patent is complete. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

That patent is for a trigger that fires on both the initial pull and the release.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Will this be compatible with HK MR556s?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:55:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Will this be compatible with HK MR556s?
View Quote

Your bump got our hopes up.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#33]

THIS
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Yep bump made me think it was happening...
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a feeling that we're going to be bumping this thread til next SHOT Show in 2016...
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:26:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I have a feeling that we're going to be bumping this thread til next SHOT Show in 2016...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So is it Dec of 2016? Or maybe 2017?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:58:54 PM EDT
[#37]
This isn't the announcement of the trigger. Sorry for gettin y'all's hopes up because of the bump. But anyway, anyone hear about this? I wonder how long they've been planning it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:04:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This isn't the announcement of the trigger. Sorry for gettin y'all's hopes up because of the bump. But anyway, anyone hear about this? I wonder how long they've been planning it.
View Quote

Tac-con can eat a bag dicks

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 8:13:56 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tac-con can eat a bag dicks

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/45/4590de3c97153a9fb9ecea5c6b60f3c6167af55bd8e5f3feefc1096fe0c517e1.jpg

Trust me I'd take the Giessele over the Taccon anyday of the week, I was just wondering if they may have heard about Giessele doing it or if they have been planning it longer than Giessele.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 9:26:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Hopefully we'll be able to buy these sometime this summer. Any updates on the review status?

Any videos of the prototype in action would be welcomed.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Hopefully we'll be able to buy these sometime this summer. Any updates on the review status?

Any videos of the prototype in action would be welcomed.
View Quote

+1, though it wouldn't surprise me to see these get pushed back until next shot show for release.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 11:23:45 AM EDT
[#43]
I hope not because then I will have to consider the new Tac Com. I'm sorry I have two SBRs begging to have new triggers in them and I'm tired of waiting.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I hope not because then I will have to consider the new Tac Com. I'm sorry I have two SBRs begging to have new triggers in them and I'm tired of waiting.
View Quote

Their is a TacCon in the EE for $300 if you want to try it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
SSA/S3G two-in-one combo unit?

You bet your ass I would buy that!
View Quote

In case this discussion is slowing down any.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Bill, can you tell us if this trigger will be available in a flat bow? I have a pair of SD-E triggers in my other two ARs, and would like the feel of all three to be the same.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:33:05 PM EDT
[#47]
I haven't bought a Geissele trigger yet (just ALG), but I'll definitely buy this if it's available with a flat bow.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#48]
I hate to say it, and I certainly hope that I'm wrong, but this is starting to look more and more like vaporware...
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#49]
I apologize for anyone that I get excited with this bump, hehe my bad. But to the poster above me, check out Geissele's YouTube page, I'm pretty sure the like 35 second video on there is a teaser for this unicorn trigger. It's titled "just another day at Geissele." Either way the big man himself has pointed towards it being real, so my guess is, it's real.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I apologize for anyone that I get excited with this bump, hehe my bad. But to the poster above me, check out Geissele's YouTube page, I'm pretty sure the like 35 second video on there is a teaser for this unicorn trigger. It's titled "just another day at Geissele." Either way the big man himself has pointed towards it being real, so my guess is, it's real.
View Quote

Isn't Geissele waiting on the ATF Determination?
Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top