Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 184
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 3:49:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn't millions of buffalo use to roam that area? Seems the turtle fared pretty well when those pesky buffalo were all over the damn place.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 3:53:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The pipe dream of selling off all federal lands couldn't possibly backfire by radically changing the nature of most of the freedom-loving states left.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
-

well good luck on your crusade to get the federal government to turn those lands over.  I'm sure all 3 branches of government will be exuberant to overturn all those years of precedent before it.

The pipe dream of selling off all federal lands couldn't possibly backfire by radically changing the nature of most of the freedom-loving states left.

Freedom loving states are owned by the states.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 3:54:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

That's not what the article says.    
undy considers much of that area his ranch to use as he sees fit, but the BLM canceled his federal grazing permit 20 years ago, after the rancher refused to agree to new land-use rules and stopped paying his fees.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He stopped paying because they informed him he won't be able to graze there because of the tortoise. Basically a fuck you to the federal government.

The only issue is the stupid ass desert tortoise.
That's not what the article says.    
undy considers much of that area his ranch to use as he sees fit, but the BLM canceled his federal grazing permit 20 years ago, after the rancher refused to agree to new land-use rules and stopped paying his fees.

Maybe the new land use agreement was some kind of restriction or something about the turtles, who knows, but .gov did not cancel the contract, he stopped paying

Sounds like there might be a question in the rancher's mind as to whether or not there was ever an equitable servitude established before the government took possession of the land and if there was ever notice served on the government or a suit brought within the allowed time frame.  

I don't think he would stand 'a snowflake's chance in Hell' of proving it, but I do know people who lived in the west before the government claimed title to all the land. They were issued patents based on their use and possession.

Mining claims are another area where there are issues with the government claiming to own all the land even though people had 'staked' their claims before the government took possession.

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
those are some bullshit charges  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/rancher-s-son-describes-arrest-protest-federal-cattle-roundup

Rancher’s son describes arrest in protest of federal cattle roundup
those are some bullshit charges  

BLM should not even have guns/arresting powers/swat teams.

BUREAU OF LAND MISMANAGEMENT.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#5]

In 1848, the United States, following the Mexican-American war, purchased the land of what is now the southwestern part of the country from Mexico and paid $15 million.  Present day Nevada and California were a part of that purchase along with Utah, most of Arizona, and the western portions of Wyoming, Colorado, and New Mexico .   By 1846 the United States had claimed the Oregon Territory -- modern day Washington, Oregon, and most of Idaho.

President Jefferson's Louisiana Purchase included lands in today's Idaho , Montana, Utah, Wyoming, and Colorado.  The Gadsen Purchase for $10 million in 1853 added Federal lands in what is today southern Arizona.  And the lands of the state of Alaska were purchased in 1867 by the United States from Russia.
These purchases and claims by the people of the United States of  western lands established federal ownership of those lands.  Later as western states were admitted to the Union, State Constitutions acknowledged the federal role in acquiring the lands with the right and title to unappropriated public lands remaining with the United States.  (Lands which had already been appropriated by private citizens or earlier granted from Mexico remained appropriated.  Thus, the continuity of land owership for settlers remained intact.)  Congress, then, has power over the public domain land and many laws passed by the Congress govern federal agencies responsible for management of the public land.
Lots of people owned property before the fed took over. South Texas title can predate both the federal government, the Railroads and the Republic/State of Texas. The Railroads were granted tens of thousands of square-mile sections across the west. Most states also set aside scattered square-mile sections of 'school lands'.

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

<snip>

"Environmentalists say it’s time for Bundy to get his cattle off federal land because they are endangering the habitat of creatures who have been there forever."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-nevada-range-war-blm-20140327,0,5253273.story#ixzz2yE5xptit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, homeboy is upset because he cant let his cattle graze on land he doesn't own??  

What am I missing?

<snip>

"Environmentalists say it’s time for Bundy to get his cattle off federal land because they are endangering the habitat of creatures who have been there forever."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-nevada-range-war-blm-20140327,0,5253273.story#ixzz2yE5xptit

"Forever"? Really?  So these creatures were there from the minute the earth cooled?  I'm thinking not.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#7]
So this is how it starts?

Any more I don't care how it starts lets just get this FO thing going....I ain't getting any younger.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
       In 1848, the United States, following the Mexican-American war, purchased the land of what is now the southwestern part of the country from Mexico and paid $15 million.  Present day Nevada and California were a part of that purchase along with Utah, most of Arizona, and the western portions of Wyoming, Colorado, and New Mexico .   By 1846 the United States had claimed the Oregon Territory -- modern day Washington, Oregon, and most of Idaho.

President Jefferson's Louisiana Purchase included lands in today's Idaho , Montana, Utah, Wyoming, and Colorado.  The Gadsen Purchase for $10 million in 1853 added Federal lands in what is today southern Arizona.  And the lands of the state of Alaska were purchased in 1867 by the United States from Russia.

These purchases and claims by the people of the United States of  western lands established federal ownership of those lands.  Later as western states were admitted to the Union, State Constitutions acknowledged the federal role in acquiring the lands with the right and title to unappropriated public lands remaining with the United States.  (Lands which had already been appropriated by private citizens or earlier granted from Mexico remained appropriated.  Thus, the continuity of land owership for settlers remained intact.)  Congress, then, has power over the public domain land and many laws passed by the Congress govern federal agencies responsible for management of the public land.

Lots of people owned property before the fed took over. South Texas title can predate both the federal government, the Railroads and the Republic/State of Texas. The Railroads were granted tens of thousands of square-mile sections across the west. Most states also set aside scattered square-mile sections of 'school lands'.  

View Quote

For those who say the federal government owns ANYTHING... take pause and consider where that money comes from. Public lands belong to the public, not the government. The government MANAGES it, hence the name BLM "Basic Land Managerment." For the government to say it's "theirs" is beyond ridiculous.

Note: PCSutton - this quote is not directed at you, rather using the premise of your post to direct context to those who say "the government owns the west."
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 4:59:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So this is how it starts?

Any more I don't care how it starts lets just get this FO thing going....I ain't getting any younger.
View Quote

He did say in another article he has guns and will defend his cattle.

Not sure if he has any pmags to pop.

Ruby ridge/waco 2.0

Dogs will be shot people will be shot and burned.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The Consitutional authority for the federal governemnt to own or control land that isn't the national capital, a military base, a custom house, or a court.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So, homeboy is upset because he cant let his cattle graze on land he doesn't own??  

What am I missing?

The Consitutional authority for the federal governemnt to own or control land that isn't the national capital, a military base, a custom house, or a court.

Nicely stated.

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I am a landlord.

Don't pay your rent?
I am going to evict you.

Tear up my property?
I am going to evict you.

If you don't leave when evicted?
I am paying the Sheriff to set you out.

He didn't pay rent

He didn't follow the landowners rules.

Well Bye.jpg
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 7:46:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am a landlord.

Don't pay your rent?
I am going to evict you.

Tear up my property?
I am going to evict you.

If you don't leave when evicted?
I am paying the Sheriff to set you out.

He didn't pay rent

He didn't follow the landowners rules.

Well Bye.jpg
View Quote

Right...So who exactly is this federal government?

Would you pay rent if the "owner" changed the terms in the middle of the lease? Changed a 3 bedroom to a 2?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 8:55:07 PM EDT
[#13]
"Federal snipers with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) trained guns on members of a family yesterday after they dared to stop and take video footage of cattle outside the bounds of a designated “First Amendment Area,” before arresting one of the men for non-compliance."

Da fuq is that?

I guess outside the fence is where we exercise our second amendment.

article
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:52:05 AM EDT
[#14]
FSA that is what this asshole is. Nothing but FSA.

Lots of people here are applauding his Gimme My Free Shit attitude.

BLM is the landlord. BLM makes the rules. BLM keeps the land from being overgrazed. They also try to find a balance between his grazing and wildlife habitat.

"My grand pappy hunted and fished your land before y'all bought it, why can't we still hunt and fish?" I hear this shit all the time.

If you want bucolic country views and grazing you need to buy the land. His granddad could have bought it. He also could have abided by the land use terms set by BLM. Fuck all FSA.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:59:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So I can just go on any government land and pick any apples, blueberries I find and sell them, cut down lumber for resale. Can I borrow US Marshall's cars on the weekend if I am not going far and fill up the tank?  

FSA in a cowboy hat
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is all about the envirotards and the desert tortise. Otherwise he would still be able to graze his animals there and the gov would get paid for it.
He could have agreed to new land use rules and kept paying to use the land, he stopped paying two decades ago. That's a lot of free taxpayer paid for grazing.

the arrest of the son is kind of odd, why not specify what charges are filed? Seems odd and vague

Yes, because if he didn't pay, the rain would stop falling, the grass would stop growing, and the cow poop would never decompose.

Taxpayers must subsidize nature to make it work, duh.

So I can just go on any government land and pick any apples, blueberries I find and sell them, cut down lumber for resale. Can I borrow US Marshall's cars on the weekend if I am not going far and fill up the tank?  

FSA in a cowboy hat

You can pick wild blue berries and sell em, why not? they just fall on the ground and rot or the birds eat them.  not many wild apple trees worth the trouble. Cutting lumber is alittle different because it takes 100 years to grow a good tree.

running cattle on desert land packs the dirt and adds manure. Those two things will eventually turn desert back in to prairie if it is done right. The dust bowl was caused when farmers plowed the prairie for about 60 years. The reason it happened was the lack of bison to pack the dirt and add manure, the lack of grass roots and the losening of the soil allowed the top soil to blow a way. Whole lot of man made desert today that didnt exist 150 years ago. Hell most of the desert today in the US didnt exist 2500 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:36:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Should I say "nothing will change your support of freeloaders"? Come on, he paid for years, he knew he was supposed to be paying, this isn't 1920 and he's some guy that used to use that land for free for years. I would guess .gov kept kicking the can down the road because they knew he was going to try to start a shitstorm and no one wanted to be the guy in charge when they had to call the district office or whatever and tell them that they now need a SWAT team to send after this guy.  

I know guys in NY who have poached for decades, claiming "this used to be grandpa's land"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought we were talking about grazing. I see you're deflecting, but nothing I will say will change your religion of government worship anyways.

Maybe you should ask yourself why the govt. has taken 20 years to decide to do something. I bet it's because they care so damn much about that poor desert tortise.
Should I say "nothing will change your support of freeloaders"? Come on, he paid for years, he knew he was supposed to be paying, this isn't 1920 and he's some guy that used to use that land for free for years. I would guess .gov kept kicking the can down the road because they knew he was going to try to start a shitstorm and no one wanted to be the guy in charge when they had to call the district office or whatever and tell them that they now need a SWAT team to send after this guy.  

I know guys in NY who have poached for decades, claiming "this used to be grandpa's land"

Where does adverse possession of this land come into play?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:45:39 AM EDT
[#17]

from facebook

"Sorry this is long but applicable here. By SHIREE BUNDY COX: I have had people ask me to explain my dad's stance on this BLM fight.

Here it is in as simple of terms as I can explain it. There is so much to it, but here it s in a nut shell. My great grandpa bought the rights to the Bunkerville allotment back in 1887 around there.

Then he sold them to my grandpa who then turned them over to my dad in 1972. These men bought and paid for their rights to the range and also built waters, fences and roads to assure the servival of their cattle, all with their own money, not with tax dollars. These rights to the land use is called preemptive rights. Some where down the line, to keep the cows from over grazing, came the bureau of land management.

They were supposed to assist the ranchers in the management of their ranges while the ranchers paid a yearly allotment which was to be use to pay the BLM wages and to help with repaires and improvements of the ranches. My dad did pay his grazing fees for years to the BLM until they were no longer using his fees to help him and to improve. Instead they began using these money's against the ranchers.

They bought all the rest of the ranchers in the area out with they're own grazing fees. When they offered to buy my dad out for a penence he said no thanks and then fired them because they weren't doing their job. He quit paying the BLM but, tried giving his grazing fees to the county, which they turned down. So my dad just went on running his ranch and making his own improvements with his own equipment and his own money, not taxes. In essence the BLM was managing my dad out of business.

Well when buying him out didn't work, they used the indangered species card. You've already heard about the desert tortis. Well that didn't work either, so then began the threats and the court orders, which my dad has proven to be unlawful for all these years. Now their desperate. It's come down to buying the brand inspector off and threatening the County Sheriff. Everything their doing at this point is illegal and totally against the constitution of the United States of America. Now you may be saying," how sad, but what does this have to do with me?" Well, I'll tell you. They will get rid of Cliven Bundy, the last man standing on the Bunkerville allotment and then they will close all the roads so no one can ever go on it again. Next, it's Utah's turn. Mark my words, Utah is next.

Then there's the issue of the cattle that are at this moment being stolen. See even if dad hasn't paid them, those cattle do belong to him. Regardless where they are they are my fathers property. His herd has been part of that range for over a hundred years, long before the BLM even exsisted. Now the Feds think they can just come in and remove them and sell them without a legal brand inspection or without my dad's signature on it. They think they can take them over two boarders, which is illegal, ask any trucker. Then they plan to take them to the Richfeild Aucion and sell them. All with our tax money. They have paid off the contract cowboys and the auction owner as well as the Nevada brand inspector with our tax dollars. See how slick they are?

Well, this is it in a nut shell. Thanks"

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread. -- Mitch Hedberg
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:50:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
[div style='padding: 10px; overflow: visible;']from facebook

"Sorry this is long but applicable here. By SHIREE BUNDY COX: I have had people ask me to explain my dad's stance on this BLM fight.
Here it is in as simple of terms as I can explain it. There is so much to it, but here it s in a nut shell. My great grandpa bought the rights to the Bunkerville allotment back in 1887 around there.

Then he sold them to my grandpa who then turned them over to my dad in 1972. These men bought and paid for their rights to the range and also built waters, fences and roads to assure the servival of their cattle, all with their own money, not with tax dollars. These rights to the land use is called preemptive rights. Some where down the line, to keep the cows from over grazing, came the bureau of land management.

They were supposed to assist the ranchers in the management of their ranges while the ranchers paid a yearly allotment which was to be use to pay the BLM wages and to help with repaires and improvements of the ranches. My dad did pay his grazing fees for years to the BLM until they were no longer using his fees to help him and to improve. Instead they began using these money's against the ranchers.

They bought all the rest of the ranchers in the area out with they're own grazing fees. When they offered to buy my dad out for a penence he said no thanks and then fired them because they weren't doing their job. He quit paying the BLM but, tried giving his grazing fees to the county, which they turned down. So my dad just went on running his ranch and making his own improvements with his own equipment and his own money, not taxes. In essence the BLM was managing my dad out of business.

Well when buying him out didn't work, they used the indangered species card. You've already heard about the desert tortis. Well that didn't work either, so then began the threats and the court orders, which my dad has proven to be unlawful for all these years. Now their desperate. It's come down to buying the brand inspector off and threatening the County Sheriff. Everything their doing at this point is illegal and totally against the constitution of the United States of America. Now you may be saying," how sad, but what does this have to do with me?" Well, I'll tell you. They will get rid of Cliven Bundy, the last man standing on the Bunkerville allotment and then they will close all the roads so no one can ever go on it again. Next, it's Utah's turn. Mark my words, Utah is next.

Then there's the issue of the cattle that are at this moment being stolen. See even if dad hasn't paid them, those cattle do belong to him. Regardless where they are they are my fathers property. His herd has been part of that range for over a hundred years, long before the BLM even exsisted. Now the Feds think they can just come in and remove them and sell them without a legal brand inspection or without my dad's signature on it. They think they can take them over two boarders, which is illegal, ask any trucker. Then they plan to take them to the Richfeild Aucion and sell them. All with our tax money. They have paid off the contract cowboys and the auction owner as well as the Nevada brand inspector with our tax dollars. See how slick they are?

[div style='padding: 0px; margin: 0px; clear: both;']

[div style='width: 733px; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; padding-bottom: 8px;'][div style='font-family: arial; background-image: none; background-attachment: scroll; background-color: rgb(177, 177, 177); border: 1px solid rgb(111, 111, 111); margin-left: 1px; margin-right: 1px; padding: 2px 10px;  background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: repeat repeat;']
I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread. -- Mitch Hedberg

View Quote

FBHO and FBLM
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:18:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Damn, the desert tortoise is protected? I ran over over one in a Humvee back in '99. It wasn't on purpose, I even brake for squirrels if there's no one behind me, but I didn't feel particularly bad about it.
My buddies thought it was hilarious.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:47:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I would like to see more of nv lands freed up for public use and cattle grazing actually has a very positive environmental impact on desert areas creating micro climates that help reverse desertification.

The areas that actually have some grass and forage quickly revert to rather barren dry desert if grazing is discontinued.

I shared the article with a coworker living in northern NV who raises cattle and this was her response.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
I would like to see more of nv lands freed up for public use and cattle grazing actually has a very positive environmental impact on desert areas creating micro climates that help reverse desertification.

The areas that actually have some grass and forage quickly revert to rather barren dry desert if grazing is discontinued.

I shared the article with a coworker living in northern NV who raises cattle and this was her response.

I feel sorry for him that it's all over tortoises, and feds taking his cattle, but he should also pay his bills for using the public lands.  Everyone else has to.

All this.
My understanding is that when more grazing was allowed the desert tortoise was flourishing.  Something about having readily available food sources conveniently packaged with moisture for the little reptiles.  Cow pies, its what's for dinner for the slow moving tortoises. Think instant buffet.

But then again it doesn't seem as though there is much push to help the tortoises recover in terms of population.  It is  illegal to have them reproduce in captivity - also illegal to release such offspring into the desert.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:32:40 AM EDT
[#21]
This is a repost from MadMardigan(thanks!), just enlarged the font so it's easier to read.

from facebook

Here it is in as simple of terms as I can explain it. There is so much to it, but here it s in a nut shell. My great grandpa bought the rights to the Bunkerville allotment back in 1887 around there.Then he sold them to my grandpa who then turned them over to my dad in 1972. These men bought and paid for their rights to the range and also built waters, fences and roads to assure the servival of their cattle, all with their own money, not with tax dollars. These rights to the land use is called preemptive rights. Some where down the line, to keep the cows from over grazing, came the bureau of land management.

Repost to try and make it easier to read for some like me that struggle with that tiny print;

Well, this is it in a nut shell. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

All this.
My understanding is that when more grazing was allowed the desert tortoise was flourishing.  Something about having readily available food sources conveniently packaged with moisture for the little reptiles.  Cow pies, its what's for dinner for the slow moving tortoises. Think instant buffet.

But then again it doesn't seem as though there is much push to help the tortoises recover in terms of population.  It is  illegal to have them reproduce in captivity - also illegal to release such offspring into the desert.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel sorry for him that it's all over tortoises, and feds taking his cattle, but he should also pay his bills for using the public lands.  Everyone else has to.

All this.

It's illegal to let tortoises screw  

fed herp reaches farther than I though
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:40:48 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I'm glad that most of Texas is owned by Texans.
View Quote

2 words

Water Rights

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

This is a repost from MadMardigan(thanks!), just enlarged the font so it's easier to read.

from facebook

Here it is in as simple of terms as I can explain it. There is so much to it, but here it s in a nut shell. My great grandpa bought the rights to the Bunkerville allotment back in 1887 around there.Then he sold them to my grandpa who then turned them over to my dad in 1972. These men bought and paid for their rights to the range and also built waters, fences and roads to assure the servival of their cattle, all with their own money, not with tax dollars. These rights to the land use is called preemptive rights. Some where down the line, to keep the cows from over grazing, came the bureau of land management.

Repost to try and make it easier to read for some like me that struggle with that tiny print;

Well, this is it in a nut shell. Thanks
View Quote
For fucks sake, who in this day and age doesn't use spell check?

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:45:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
EWG is a commie libtard outfit run by super libtard scum Ken Cook. PTUI  

Oh and none of the large farms around here are getting any subsidy according to that website, some smaller outfits are getting a couple of grand
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Punch in your zip code here:
http://farm.ewg.org/

To see what farmers in your area have been getting for subsidies.

EWG is a commie libtard outfit run by super libtard scum Ken Cook. PTUI  

Oh and none of the large farms around here are getting any subsidy according to that website, some smaller outfits are getting a couple of grand

The top 15 in my zip each got over $1 million from 1995-2012. And couple of those are families which are represented more than once on the list. Total subsidies were $84 million for my zip during that period. Nothing but welfare for those that are already wealthy in my area.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:23:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Let's go help the man. Who's with me?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why would I help someone who is trying to weasel out of paying his bills?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh is that what he's doing? I thought this was about grazing rights.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

2 words

Water Rights

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm glad that most of Texas is owned by Texans.

2 words

Water Rights

I expect a land grab soon.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grazing rights on land he doesn't own and stopped paying the fee to continue grazing on years ago.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:49:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Cliven's a fucking idiot.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Grazing rights on land he doesn't own and stopped paying the fee to continue grazing on years ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hard to believe its that simple. What about the Facebook post by the daughter?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:55:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Anyone else see the  Fox News special last night about BLM being used to go after big oil and ranchers? It's a fucking crime
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Anyone else see the  Fox News special last night about BLM being used to go after big oil and ranchers? It's a fucking crime
View Quote

Do they have swat and sniper teams?

I don't care for faux news or any other cable news.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:00:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The local sherif told the Feds he would be on the ranchers side if the invaded the ranch. .Gov backed down from the raid.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:12:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm down.......got plenty of ammo and no job either.

What if 10,000 armed citizens open carried to that area?

If this was Nye county, NV that sheriff would arrest the BLM people. He already was gonna in another incident.

Bunkerville is in Clark county and Sheriff Douglas C. Gillespie is a pussy.

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:13:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The local sherif told the Feds he would be on the ranchers side if the invaded the ranch. .Gov backed down from the raid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What state?
Got a link?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I got to go to work in a couple hours. But damn I would like to it would be better than sitting around getting old and waiting for a heart attack
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:15:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

klamath falls or some such right ?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:15:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

What am I missing?
View Quote

General comprehension
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What state?
Got a link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What state?
Got a link?

I think it was Arizona or Nevada it might be the same story. I can't find a link

The ranch owner actually went to law school because his lawyer bill were so high. A judge ruled in his favor awarded him 14 million dollars in attorney's fees and compensation and the .gov refused to pay. The .gov is still on his ass

In the segment they also talked about the guy who  discovered Fracking for oil and how he is under assault because they found a dead bird in his mud pit.

Crazy shit.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:20:56 PM EDT
[#42]
At first, I felt Cliven was in the wrong and generally being a jackass.

The more I learn about that real details of what is going on, the more I realize that what the Fed's are doing - and most certainly how they are doing it - is a steaming pile of buffalo shit!
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:40:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
[div style='padding: 10px; overflow: visible;']from facebook

[div style='padding: 0px; margin: 0px; clear: both;']

[div style='width: 733px; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; padding-bottom: 8px;'][div style='font-family: arial; background-image: none; background-attachment: scroll; background-color: rgb(177, 177, 177); border: 1px solid rgb(111, 111, 111); margin-left: 1px; margin-right: 1px; padding: 2px 10px;  background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: repeat repeat;']

View Quote

I believe it. Same thing happened to my families water right when dealing with the National Forrest Service. One day a Ranger retires, and is replaced by a new JBT hotshot. The next day they refuse to acknowledge a written water right exercised for over 20 years. Time to tear out the pipes they say. 25 years of legal battle later, it turns out a Judge says Mr JBT fishcop was wrong, and the taxpayer has to foot the bill for all the lawyers. That is what "winning" against the Fed was like for my family.

If these guys don't want to end up broke, in jail and or dead, they'd better get a good lawyer and have some documentation of the original rights. If they don't have those resources, then the choice is to surrender all or part of your way of life, and maybe go work at Walmart, or die trying to fight the man to the last.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:43:38 PM EDT
[#44]
I want to see a cow vs. turtle thing go down.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I want to see a cow vs. turtle thing go down.
View Quote

They live in peace together. Cow shits tortoise eats it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What am I missing?

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What am I missing?

I know, right?  Classic Rick, though.

Where do new states come from, if not Federal land?  

Article 4, Section 3
"New states may be admitted by the Congress into this union; but no new states shall be formed or erected within the jurisdiction of any other state; nor any state be formed by the junction of two or more states, or parts of states, without the consent of the legislatures of the states concerned as well as of the Congress.

The Congress shall have power to dispose of and make all needful rules and regulations respecting the territory or other property belonging to the United States"

Seems to be a power strongly implied there....
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What am I missing?

He's right
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Article 4, Section 3
"New states may be admitted by the Congress into this union; but no new states shall be formed or erected within the jurisdiction of any other state; nor any state be formed by the junction of two or more states, or parts of states, without the consent of the legislatures of the states concerned as well as of the Congress.

The Congress shall have power to dispose of and make all needful rules and regulations respecting the territory or other property belonging to the United States"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What am I missing?

Article 4, Section 3

WTF does the highlighted even mean?  Looks like lawyer language that can be interpreted to mean just about anything.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 1:02:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

WTF does the highlighted even mean?  Looks like lawyer language that can be interpreted to mean just about anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What am I missing?

Article 4, Section 3

It means that Congress runs territory that belongs to the US.
Page / 184
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top