User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 184
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:13:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Better photo:

The BLM lets its special agents have scruffy beards, wear bro dozer oakleys and backwards hats?  I guess they're not as professional as the Library of Congress swat team.
http://static.libsyn.com/p/assets/5/d/3/5/5d35fa52dc13b4cf/21WIREs-Bundy-Fed-Standoff-April-12-2014-Copyright-GMN.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Check out the Oath-Breaker!
I was wondering who the knuckle head was in the video.
http://misguidedchildren.com/domestic-affairs/2014/04/special-forces-members-among-blm-agents-at-the-bundy-ranch/19404

This is the face of the hired hand that will one day take your guns from you

http://21stcenturywire.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Daniel-P-Love-BLM.jpg

This makes me sad.

Right there with ya.

It is ironic that because of the government hiring people like this they create more reason to need people like this. At least in the governments view.

Better photo:

The BLM lets its special agents have scruffy beards, wear bro dozer oakleys and backwards hats?  I guess they're not as professional as the Library of Congress swat team.
http://static.libsyn.com/p/assets/5/d/3/5/5d35fa52dc13b4cf/21WIREs-Bundy-Fed-Standoff-April-12-2014-Copyright-GMN.jpg

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:34:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

8.7%
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not surprised at all here. 1/2 10% of GD supporting the feds.

Bro do you even read the polls?

8.7%

this, there's a very vocal astro-turf effort being made but not many are falling for it judging by the poll
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:42:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bureau of Land Management(BLM) is actually a sub-corporation of UNITED STATES INCORPORATED, a private foreign owned off-shore corporation since its last incorporation in 1925, copyrighted, trademarked and registered in Puerto Rico).Under the Reorganization Act of Washington District of Columbia, by it's
own private business charter Neither the BLM, nor any other federal/corporate agency has lawful/legal authority, jurisdiction or interstate nexus within the 50 state geographical landmass.

BLM, is actually classified as an: "Agent of Foreign Principle", under the intergovernmental Personnel Act.

In other words, they don't represent the Constitutional Republic or the interests of the American People but rather, a foreign owned principle i.e., the international banking/military corporate cartel of London City, England known as Crown Corporation as their supreme authority.

This has been openly admitted and exposed through Supreme Court cases since and even before 1938.

any truth in this?

Is this true?

Screw Bundy, the cows, the fees, and the turtles, It's not about any of that. My Google fu is weak, is that ^ bullshit true.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:48:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not closed if the government wants it.
I thought i read something about some minerals the military might want. Can't find it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What if someone got a geologist out there to see what kinds of minerals and/or oil gas might be in that area?

Most of the area of the Bunkerville Allotment is explicitly closed to mining, but open for oil/gas.  I would like to be able to point you to a reference, but it would be a lot of work to find it.

I thought i read something about some minerals the military might want. Can't find it.

It is conceivable that the government could sell the mineral rights, but it's unlikely this would survive court challenges by environmental interests.  For the past 20 years, maybe more, the Gold Butte / Bunkerville  land has received various levels of protection from local and federal entities.  If I recall, there are several pocket Wilderness areas in the vicinity, and in the 2000s there was a lot of discussion and local votes to endorse expanding these Wilderness areas.  In 2010, Clark County voted to endorse Wilderness, and in 2012 Clark County voted against the Wilderness endorsement, siting something like "newly discovered concerns over handicap access" and stuff.  Bobbleheads.  But, the ACEC designation still stands, as does their 1998 conservation plan.  The 2010 vote would have strengthened conservation efforts under that plan, and it's arguable that it would have strengthened conservation measures too much.

As far as the geology, I don't know about this specific area.  I'm familiar with the geology up river, and it's a Navajo Sandstone bed that's 2000-3000 feet thick, if not more.  Based on the petroglyphs photos from the Gold Butte area, it looks like the geology is more of the same.  I can pull up some maps to get a better idea.  However, owing to the very dang name of the region, there may very well be some localized igneous protrusions in the area that lead to the naming of the butte?  I don't know?

But, the feds preserved oil/gas rights, and could lease those in the future, I suppose.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:01:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

AK-type sights need no raising...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bls37EwCcAAHtcd.png:large

Disregard the text... but seriously... raise your sights if you want the photo op to be taken seriously.

ETA: text is telling how the left views everyone who opposes them though.

AK-type sights need no raising...

Looks like the sight slider is set to the 300M position.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:04:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Why do you get so offended when people ask a simple fucking question? You must be a blast at parties.

ETA: You didn't post a list, you posted a database, which I saw.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
snips

Anyone wanna volunteer to answer some water rights questions for me?
To what purpose?

It's been explained to death in the thread.

Well, to start, exactly what area did Bundy have water rights? To just his 160 acre ranch?
I posted a link with a list a few pages ago.

ETA- The answer is also easy to Google.  Not sure why you need people to spoon feed you data, unless it's just to argue over it as has seemed to be the MO for you and snips.

Why do you get so offended when people ask a simple fucking question? You must be a blast at parties.

ETA: You didn't post a list, you posted a database, which I saw.

Maybe since all you do is troll citing tyranny under the rule of law. Nobody is taking your bologna serious.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:08:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It is conceivable that the government could sell the mineral rights, but it's unlikely this would survive court challenges by environmental interests.  For the past 20 years, maybe more, the Gold Butte / Bunkerville  land has received various levels of protection from local and federal entities.  If I recall, there are several pocket Wilderness areas in the vicinity, and in the 2000s there was a lot of discussion and local votes to endorse expanding these Wilderness areas.  In 2010, Clark County voted to endorse Wilderness, and in 2012 Clark County voted against the Wilderness endorsement, siting something like "newly discovered concerns over handicap access" and stuff.  Bobbleheads.  But, the ACEC designation still stands, as does their 1998 conservation plan.  The 2010 vote would have strengthened conservation efforts under that plan, and it's arguable that it would have strengthened conservation measures too much.

As far as the geology, I don't know about this specific area.  I'm familiar with the geology up river, and it's a Navajo Sandstone bed that's 2000-3000 feet thick, if not more.  Based on the petroglyphs photos from the Gold Butte area, it looks like the geology is more of the same.  I can pull up some maps to get a better idea.  However, owing to the very dang name of the region, there may very well be some localized igneous protrusions in the area that lead to the naming of the butte?  I don't know?

But, the feds preserved oil/gas rights, and could lease those in the future, I suppose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What if someone got a geologist out there to see what kinds of minerals and/or oil gas might be in that area?

Most of the area of the Bunkerville Allotment is explicitly closed to mining, but open for oil/gas.  I would like to be able to point you to a reference, but it would be a lot of work to find it.

That's almost laughable
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:19:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Better photo:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Check out the Oath-Breaker!
I was wondering who the knuckle head was in the video.
http://misguidedchildren.com/domestic-affairs/2014/04/special-forces-members-among-blm-agents-at-the-bundy-ranch/19404

This is the face of the hired hand that will one day take your guns from you

http://21stcenturywire.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Daniel-P-Love-BLM.jpg

This makes me sad.

Right there with ya.

It is ironic that because of the government hiring people like this they create more reason to need people like this. At least in the governments view.

Better photo:

If I ever get to live my dream of being the National Science Foundation SWAT lead,
I vow that I will never grow facial hair, nor will I don cargo pants in the performance of official duties.

I've already selected my tactical attire ...

"How about some more significant figures, there, asshole!"

The Wing Tipped Thuggery [WTT] would be ... epic.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:19:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Reid domestic terrorism charge would disarm ideological opponents if acted upon

http://www.examiner.com/article/reid-domestic-terrorism-charge-would-disarm-ideological-opponents-if-acted-upon

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Reid domestic terrorism charge would disarm ideological opponents if acted upon

http://www.examiner.com/article/reid-domestic-terrorism-charge-would-disarm-ideological-opponents-if-acted-upon

“Domestic terrorism” is a legal term, defined by U.S. Code. It’s prosecutable. Assets can be seized, including assets of supporters. Provisions of the Patriot Act could kick in, with all that implies. And felony convictions would certainly result in those found guilty becoming “prohibited persons” under federal law from owning a gun.

Assuming PR considerations would preclude Obama from ordering drone strikes, is the foregoing really what Harry Reid has in mind? In spite of the efforts of Oath Keepers and others to ensure that a peaceful resolution is paramount, does “true champion of the Second Amendment” Harry Reid want everyone on the side of the Bundy family who has been on the ground near Bunkerville -- and those providing them with material support -- to be prosecuted as domestic terrorists?

He's a reckless fool. I'm half-hoping he does it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:25:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
More cattle shenanigans

Link

Cutout> Full story at link

View All Quotes
Quoted:
More cattle shenanigans

Link

Ranchers throughout the West are dealing with the United States Government’s encroachment on their lives. And many times there are deeper issues involved than the surface ones. Idaho, Arizona, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Colorado, Texas…all are seeing heavy-handed attempts to take land or severely  restrict the use of that land by any means necessary. The main ploy of the federal government is to RESTRICT THE SIZE OF THE RANCHER’S HERDS, and bully the ranchers into compliance. The problem is that those restrictions make it nearly impossible for ranchers to continue their business…which forces them out. The following are examples:

Idaho

68 ranchers from the Owyhee Mountain area in Idaho have taken the BLM to court over their restrictions. The BLM claims it is regulating the size of rancher’s herds in order to “protect the sage grouse.” But ranchers say that without the cattle grazing on the lands, grasses dry out and become fodder for prairie wildfires- which are far more damaging to those grazing lands and the sage grouse.

I used to hunt deer in the Owyhees off Mud Flat Rd by Little Jack's Creek when my father was still able to go with me.  Sage Grouse are *NOT* rare, lol.  

An important caveat to the story in the link:

"The ranchers believe the BLM is not to blame because of frivolous lawsuits against the land management system by environmentalists. But there may be a deeper agenda here, just as there was in Nevada. Idaho’s utility companies and corporations are subject to Presidential executive orders too.

This is where the left (and I do group environmentalist with the radical left) are winning; using the courts to leverage government agencies against the public interests, whether that's energy exploration, ranching, or recreation.  It was brought up earlier in the thread by ODA that the BLM is caught in the middle of legal action initiated by these groups and the rest of us that benefit from public lands-especially ranchers that are able to grow their herds on land they may not have the money to own, but can lease in order to support and expand their cattle herds.

Environmentalist and the left have turned the BLM into a liability.  I'm quite ok with the original intent of the BLM-it's the environmentalists that need to be targeted with lawsuit after lawsuit after lawsuit until they go the fuck away.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:31:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Screw Bundy, the cows, the fees, and the turtles, It's not about any of that. My Google fu is weak, is that ^ bullshit true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bureau of Land Management(BLM) is actually a sub-corporation of UNITED STATES INCORPORATED, a private foreign owned off-shore corporation since its last incorporation in 1925, copyrighted, trademarked and registered in Puerto Rico).Under the Reorganization Act of Washington District of Columbia, by it's
own private business charter Neither the BLM, nor any other federal/corporate agency has lawful/legal authority, jurisdiction or interstate nexus within the 50 state geographical landmass.

BLM, is actually classified as an: "Agent of Foreign Principle", under the intergovernmental Personnel Act.

In other words, they don't represent the Constitutional Republic or the interests of the American People but rather, a foreign owned principle i.e., the international banking/military corporate cartel of London City, England known as Crown Corporation as their supreme authority.

This has been openly admitted and exposed through Supreme Court cases since and even before 1938.

any truth in this?

Is this true?

Regrettably, it's largely true.  However the claims of the "supreme" authority of the Crown Corporation is laughable, at least by those in the know.  I tried to give document some of the history behind the whole sorted mess in this previous post.  The whole Crown Corporation part makes me smile.  If you want a hint as to who's really running the show, all I can ask is if you'd like fries with your Bilderberger ?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:33:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well, at the moment we seem to have clear documentation which contradicts Bundy's story.  The onus is on him to provide evidence for his claim now.

It's becoming more clear why he's lost twice in court arguing that his family has owned that land since forever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Clark County property records show Cliven Bundy's parents moved from Bundyville, Arizona and bought the 160 acre ranch in 1948 from Raoul and Ruth Leavitt.

Water rights were transferred too, but only to the ranch, not the federally managed land surrounding it. Court records show Bundy family cattle didn't start grazing on that land until 1954.

The Bureau of Land Management was created 1946, the same year Cliven was born.

"My rights are before the BLM even existed, but my rights are created by beneficial use. Beneficial use means we created the forage and the water from the time the very first pioneers come here," Bundy said.

Early census records show Cliven's maternal grandmother, Christena Jensen, was born in Nevada in 1901. One genealogical researcher says records indicate Jensen helped settle Bunkerville some years later.
http://www.8newsnow.com/story/25301551/bundys-ancestral-rights-come-under-scrutiny

So his story is not holding up. That is a major departure from what he says.

Check again. He may have purchased the farm from his mother's family or wife's family. The patriarch/matriarch dies and one kid/ spouse buys out the rest of the family. It happens with the Mormons a lot. They even set up family limited partnerships as a family business to pass on property. One kid/spouse will often buy out the others in the partnership.

Well, at the moment we seem to have clear documentation which contradicts Bundy's story.  The onus is on him to provide evidence for his claim now.

It's becoming more clear why he's lost twice in court arguing that his family has owned that land since forever.

SPLAIN IT TO ME LUCY.

Records show his family there at least that early.....  How exactly does this disprove his claim???
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:39:31 AM EDT
[#13]

clearly it was self defense, what a bunch of losers...... blm=pos
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:03:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The "they" is the people who killed the cattle. I don't see a logical reason for the cattle to have been killed, so whichever department employs the shooters needs to pay some compensation to Bundy. Yes, that means either the tax payers or the insurance company that insures the department. This is how the world works. Last I heard, the cows were worth about $1000 a piece.

I do need some clarification on something before I can respond to the rest of your post. When you say "....perhaps you should look at the bigger picture and ask what the hell they were doing there in the first place," do you mean what the BLM was doing there during the standoff? Or what the federal government was doing owning land in the first place?
View Quote

Your statement of; "This is how the world works" is very telling.

Armed Federal Government employees killing a ranchers cows and destroying his property is just "how the world works?" If that's where we are in United States today, then we're all fucked.

Instead of a flippant dismissal of the issue, perhaps you should consider an alternative "solution” to address the actions of some these armed federal employees.
Perhaps whomever was "in charge" should be fired, and lose their pension.
Perhaps whoever shot the cows should be fired. No pensions for them either.
Additionally, they should be required to reimburse the Bundy's out of their own pocket, not the taxpayer's - for the dead cattle and destroyed property. (Their court order didn't say anything about destroying his property, regardless of where it was located.)

As to your other question, interpret however you like.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:05:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I used to hunt deer in the Owyhees off Mud Flat Rd by Little Jack's Creek when my father was still able to go with me.  Sage Grouse are *NOT* rare, lol.  

"The ranchers believe the BLM is not to blame because of frivolous lawsuits against the land management system by environmentalists. But there may be a deeper agenda here, just as there was in Nevada. Idaho’s utility companies and corporations are subject to Presidential executive orders too.

This is where the left (and I do group environmentalist with the radical left) are winning; using the courts to leverage government agencies against the public interests, whether that's energy exploration, ranching, or recreation.  It was brought up earlier in the thread by ODA that the BLM is caught in the middle of legal action initiated by these groups and the rest of us that benefit from public lands-especially ranchers that are able to grow their herds on land they may not have the money to own, but can lease in order to support and expand their cattle herds.

Environmentalist and the left have turned the BLM into a liability.  I'm quite ok with the original intent of the BLM-it's the environmentalists that need to be targeted with lawsuit after lawsuit after lawsuit until they go the fuck away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
More cattle shenanigans

Link

Ranchers throughout the West are dealing with the United States Government’s encroachment on their lives. And many times there are deeper issues involved than the surface ones. Idaho, Arizona, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Colorado, Texas…all are seeing heavy-handed attempts to take land or severely  restrict the use of that land by any means necessary. The main ploy of the federal government is to RESTRICT THE SIZE OF THE RANCHER’S HERDS, and bully the ranchers into compliance. The problem is that those restrictions make it nearly impossible for ranchers to continue their business…which forces them out. The following are examples:

Idaho

68 ranchers from the Owyhee Mountain area in Idaho have taken the BLM to court over their restrictions. The BLM claims it is regulating the size of rancher’s herds in order to “protect the sage grouse.” But ranchers say that without the cattle grazing on the lands, grasses dry out and become fodder for prairie wildfires- which are far more damaging to those grazing lands and the sage grouse.

The left is using our money to beat us. Read this link it explains what is being done to us. 3 pages pdf
Link

Here is another document that explains how the left is using the Freedom of Information Act against us. 3 pages pdf
FOIA
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

SPLAIN IT TO ME LUCY.

Records show his family there at least that early.....  How exactly does this disprove his claim???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check again. He may have purchased the farm from his mother's family or wife's family. The patriarch/matriarch dies and one kid/ spouse buys out the rest of the family. It happens with the Mormons a lot. They even set up family limited partnerships as a family business to pass on property. One kid/spouse will often buy out the others in the partnership.

SPLAIN IT TO ME LUCY.

Those records show that his family owned the 160 acres as of  1948.  He's been claiming that his family has been there since 1877.  Puts the onus back on him to prove that he's actually been there owning land that long.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:17:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Technically the BLM DOES make money, it's largest revenue is from...

Power.

View Quote

I don't disagree with claims the BLM makes regarding their annual revenue raised. My problem is they are part of DOI. Interior's budget is $19 Billion, including $1.2 Billion for BLM - all monies come from the taxpayer.

If BLM actually generates more money than it spends - why? It is simply another form of income and property redistribution, and its two levels deep, BLM operating under the larger DOI.

Not to mention, they may generate revenue, but like all government - they suck at it. (See Rep. Chaffetz's bill and the CBO's report that accompanies it.)
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:26:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Those records show that his family owned the 160 acres as of  1948.  He's been claiming that his family has been there since 1877.  Puts the onus back on him to prove that he's actually been there owning land that long.
View Quote

What's the difference between 137 years or 66 years?  If 137, would you support Bundy?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:28:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Did it hit the fan yet?  Should I pop my pmag?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:28:23 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
clearly it was self defense, what a bunch of losers...... blm=pos
View All Quotes

A video of a Bundy Ranch vicious bull.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152074677872058&set=vb.506722057&type=2&theater
More videos & pics.

https://www.facebook.com/bundyranch

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:31:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What's the difference between 137 years or 66 years?  If 137, would you support Bundy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It throws the legitimacy of all his claims into doubt.  That's a problem.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:34:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Did it hit the fan yet?  Should I pop my pmag?
View Quote

Close. I just put my face paint on.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:37:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SPLAIN IT TO ME LUCY.

Those records show that his parents bought the ranch then, but who did they buy it from?  Where they related?

Clearly his family was in the area long before then:

Early census records show Cliven's maternal grandmother, Christena Jensen, was born in Nevada in 1901. One genealogical researcher says records indicate Jensen helped settle Bunkerville some years later.

Course, there is no way they could have been ranching.  And who knows when they first got there.  She was born there in 1901.  Someone was there before her to give birth to her.

Records clearly show his family as being there before 1900.  Just cause they bought a ranch in 1948 does not mean they where not already there ranching.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:39:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone can go to the County Clerk's office and see the land records.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Okay, fair enough.

How many proof sources that challenge the legitimacy of the Fed's claims are in this thread?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:51:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Those records show that his parents bought the ranch then, but who did they buy it from?  Where they related?

Course, there is no way they could have been ranching.  And who knows when they first got there.  She was born there in 1901.  Someone was there before her to give birth to her.

Records clearly show his family as being there before 1900.  Just cause they bought a ranch in 1948 does not mean they where not already there ranching.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SPLAIN IT TO ME LUCY.

It also says they only bought the 160 acres, and not the other land Bundy is claiming he has right sto.  No one's disputing their ownership of that 160 acres.

You are correct that it does not completely disprove his claims.  It does place an onus on Bundy to provide the proof that his family did as you say they could have.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:52:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Okay, fair enough.

How many proof sources that challenge the legitimacy of the Fed's claims are in this thread?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, fair enough.

Which claims?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The left is using our money to beat us. Read this link it explains what is being done to us. 3 pages pdf
Link

Here is another document that explains how the left is using the Freedom of Information Act against us. 3 pages pdf
FOIA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
More cattle shenanigans

Link

Idaho

Link

FOIA

Infuriating, but not surprising.  

Our legal system is in serious need of reform (not that this is some deeply thought out,  earth-shattering revelation).

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It also says they only bought the 160 acres, and not the other land Bundy is claiming he has right sto.  No one's disputing their ownership of that 160 acres.

You are correct that it does not completely disprove his claims.  It does place an onus on Bundy to provide the proof that his family did as you say they could have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
SPLAIN IT TO ME LUCY.

Bundy never claimed he bought the land in question.  Show me one source where he said he owned the land.  He said his family has been using the open range for their cattle since before the BLM was even created.  But I dont know why I am arguing with you.  You have proven yourself to either be a troll or incapable of reading an argument.  I think you may be the first to the ignore list.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:46:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Bundy never claimed he bought the land in question.  Show me one source where he said he owned the land.  He said his family has been using the open range for their cattle since before the BLM was even created.  But I dont know why I am arguing with you.  You have proven yourself to either be a troll or incapable of reading an argument.  I think you may be the first to the ignore list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's claimed water rights, and that documentation is apparently contradicting the claim that water rights were granted.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SPLAIN IT TO ME LUCY.

They also show that his grandmother was there in 1901 and helped found the town of Bunkerville.  You're grasping at straws.  
Look, the western states back in the late 1800's were largely unsettled and pretty much wide open to hardy pioneers willing to go out to the middle of nowhere and live off the land.  
Unlike the coasts, there wasn't a whole helluva lot of infrastructure like hospitals or government offices that would have actually kept track of who was where, where were they born, when they arrived, etc.  A lot of babies would have been born in a one-room cabin or ranch-house...maybe with a doctor present but just as likely a midwife or something.  These people lived sparsely and likely the only "record" would be something written in the front of a bible.  Accurate record-keeping and surviving documentation are neither likely nor expected.  A much better search would be for cattle sales during that time period, and even those records might likely not exist anymore.  

In today's society with Internet records and DNA databases we (you) seem to forget that.  Besides that, the Bundy ranch may have been bought in 1948 (whether from a relative or not, we don't know) but that has nothing to do with the BLM land.  Apparently, his family was there and running cattle on that land way earlier than 1946.  His grandmother having been there in 1901 would lead me to believe that is correct.  They may have actually owned another ranch somewhere else before purchasing the one they are currently at; we just don't know and this article doesn't say.  

Look at it this way, someone could claim "My family has lived in this town for the past 100 years"; someone else say's "Oh yeah, well according to property records, you bought your house in 1978".  That takes absolutely nothing into account that your family may have moved into different houses over the years, that some of those houses may not even be standing now, or that fact that depending on patrimonial or matrimonial lineage someone with the same last name as you is on any property records.  Let me ask you this, do YOU have any records of the property your great or great-great grandparents owned or sold?  
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:18:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

They also show that his grandmother was there in 1901 and helped found the town of Bunkerville.  You're grasping at straws.  
Look, the western states back in the late 1800's were largely unsettled and pretty much wide open to hardy pioneers willing to go out to the middle of nowhere and live off the land.  
Unlike the coasts, there wasn't a whole helluva lot of infrastructure like hospitals or government offices that would have actually kept track of who was where, where were they born, when they arrived, etc.  A lot of babies would have been born in a one-room cabin or ranch-house...maybe with a doctor present but just as likely a midwife or something.  These people lived sparsely and likely the only "record" would be something written in the front of a bible.  Accurate record-keeping and surviving documentation are neither likely nor expected.  A much better search would be for cattle sales during that time period, and even those records might likely not exist anymore.  

In today's society with Internet records and DNA databases we (you) seem to forget that.  Besides that, the Bundy ranch may have been bought in 1948 (whether from a relative or not, we don't know) but that has nothing to do with the BLM land.  Apparently, his family was there and running cattle on that land way earlier than 1946.  His grandmother having been there in 1901 would lead me to believe that is correct.  They may have actually owned another ranch somewhere else before purchasing the one they are currently at; we just don't know and this article doesn't say.  

Look at it this way, someone could claim "My family has lived in this town for the past 100 years"; someone else say's "Oh yeah, well according to property records, you bought your house in 1978".  That takes absolutely nothing into account that your family may have moved into different houses over the years, that some of those houses may not even be standing now, or that fact that depending on patrimonial or matrimonial lineage someone with the same last name as you is on any property records.  Let me ask you this, do YOU have any records of the property your great or great-great grandparents owned or sold?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is why I said that Bundy needs to come up with something to show his family having the kinds of rights he claims to have.  Something he's failed to do in court twice so far.

Yes, we actually do have records.  My family's pretty big into genealogy.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:24:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Which is why I said that Bundy needs to come up with something to show his family having the kinds of rights he claims to have.  Something he's failed to do in court twice so far.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How far back in the troll family genealogy can you trace your roots?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every person with my last name in this country can be traced back to one man, who came here in the mid 1700s.  He got married, went to England, had a few of kids.  One of them came to Virginia in the later 1700s.  He settled down and the family grew up there until ~1798, if I recall correctly, when a bunch of them moved down to Georgia.  We've been mostly here and in Virginia ever since.

My mother's side can be traced back to pre-revolutionary Georgia and South Carolina.  We can trace lines on my father's side back further than the mid-1700s guy as well.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:33:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arkadiko Bridge
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:02:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Every person with my last name in this country can be traced back to one man, who came here in the mid 1700s.  He got married, went to England, had a few of kids.  One of them came to Virginia in the later 1700s.  He settled down and the family grew up there until ~1798, if I recall correctly, when a bunch of them moved down to Georgia.  We've been mostly here and in Virginia ever since.

My mother's side can be traced back to pre-revolutionary Georgia and South Carolina.  We can trace lines on my father's side back further than the mid-1700s guy as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said, the western states are a whole different story.  I, too, can trace a lot of my lineage back when my ancestors lived in the East.  Except for a long line of grandparents, it gets a little murkier as they migrated West.  As for aunts, uncles, cousins, and their respective families; who knows?  
But...that still doesn't cover the property (lands, deeds, mineral/water rights, etc.) they owned, bought, and sold; most of that is lost to time.  That's my point, once your family owns something different than what they had before, you tend not to keep a record of the old stuff.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:04:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Like I said, the western states are a whole different story.  I, too, can trace a lot of my lineage back when my ancestors lived in the East.  Except for a long line of grandparents, it gets a little murkier as they migrated West.  As for aunts, uncles, cousins, and their respective families; who knows?  
But...that still doesn't cover the property (lands, deeds, mineral/water rights, etc.) they owned, bought, and sold; most of that is lost to time.  That's my point, once your family owns something different than what they had before, you tend not to keep a record of the old stuff.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And presumably if Bundy still owns the rights he claims he does, then he would the records to show that, right?  Since it's something he's still using.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:22:22 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

any truth in this?

Is this true?

no it is not

that is sovereign citizen herp a derp

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I don't disagree with claims the BLM makes regarding their annual revenue raised. My problem is they are part of DOI. Interior's budget is $19 Billion, including $1.2 Billion for BLM - all monies come from the taxpayer.

If BLM actually generates more money than it spends - why? It is simply another form of income and property redistribution, and its two levels deep, BLM operating under the larger DOI.

Not to mention, they may generate revenue, but like all government - they suck at it. (See Rep. Chaffetz's bill and the CBO's report that accompanies it.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Technically the BLM DOES make money, it's largest revenue is from...

Power.

I agree 100%.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

And presumably if Bundy still owns the rights he claims he does, then he would the records to show that, right?  Since it's something he's still using.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well...presumptive water rights, no.  You are "presumed" to own those rights because you are the one that is there (or you were the one that was there first..or the only one remaining with claim to them).  But you raise an interesting point.  
As far as the water rights on the property that Bundy owns; yes, I believe that it has been established that they do indeed own those outright.  
That's what I meant earlier in that if they squeeze Bundy, or more specifically Bundy's cattle off the BLM land they can come back and claim that he has NO presumptive water rights on that land.  
Taking into consideration that the water level in Lake Mead (which the Virgin River feeds into) is at or near an historically low level.  Those water rights might make whoever owns them a pile of money.  

What might muddy the waters even more is the fact that in looking at the map posted earlier, his actual property along the Virgin River (where he does indeed own the water on paper) might have been the source he was using to water his catte on the BLM land.  The report stated that he had piped water nearly 9 miles from the river to his cattle.  Did that water come from the BLM part of the river or the Bundy Ranch part of the river?  Does that matter in court?  

The BLM seemed awfully interested in destroying the watering infrastructure (a' la JBT Handbook 101) on the BLM property.  That still seems strange to me that they would do that, regardless of their motives for removing the cattle.
Whatever their ultimate intention, one would think that having resources like that intact in the middle of the desert would be better than not having them.  I can't put my finger on it, but my gut tells me that somehow this piece of the puzzle is important.  

OK, there's my tinfoil hat moment.    
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#42]
So, What I'm getting is:

BLM CLAIMS a $1 mill + outstanding debt for grass on land no one uses or wants, with the slight possible exception of an "offset" for OTHER land Reid wants to sell to Chinese Solar investors.....
To cover managing an ENDANGERED turtle species the organization is euthanizing by the hundreds.
That likely started out maybe 100K, before penalties, fees, etc.
So they hire contractors for > 966K to round up the cattle.
Not counting the costs of deploying everyone else and all the equipment they brought to an armed confrontation.
Instead of simply putting a lien on property, income, taxes, etc, like every other federal agency who wants your money.
They encounter "resistance", and decide to kill penned cattle, and destroy infrastructure improvements, claiming the penned cattle was a "danger", and that they are returning the area to it's natural state.
Despite leaving the ruined water tanks, lines, piping, and other equipment in place.

ANNNNNND, after all that, frontman Harry is stating they are only getting started?

Seems perfectly reasonable, and not at all the actions of petty, spiteful individuals.

Lowlife scumbag FSA ranchers, I tell ya.

Who do they think they are, letting their cattle eat free range grass and fertilize undeveloped public land, for free?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Can't stand these dirty druggie hippies. we need to find something endangered where burning man is held.

An organizer for the annual Burning Man festival in Nevada has decided to take the party to Cliven Bundy’s ranch for a 30-day, rules-free “Bundyfest.”
Liberal activist Sean Shealy said the festival will be held across the road from Mr. Bundy’s ranch in Bunkerville for 30 days beginning Sept. 5 and will feature more than 250 bands, Raw Story first reported.
View Quote

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/22/bundyfest-burning-man-organizer-plans-30-days-anar/
The event appears to blatantly mock the defiant rancher, who has engaged in a long-term battle with the Bureau of Land Management over unpaid federal grazing fees.
“For years, we paid permitting fees to hold Burning Man on the beautiful Playa in Northern Nevada,” reads the Bundyfest Facebook page. “But now, Cliven Bundy has shown us a NEW WAY! ABSOLUTE FREEDOM! Bundy has declared the entire area surrounding Bundy Ranch as a TOTALLY RULES-FREE ZONE! ANYTHING GOES! WOO-HOO!!!”
The page also proudly states that Bundyfest is a “gay friendly atmosphere” that permits “full nudity.”
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Can't stand these dirty druggie hippies. we need to find something endangered where burning man is held.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/22/bundyfest-burning-man-organizer-plans-30-days-anar/

View All Quotes
Quoted:

An organizer for the annual Burning Man festival in Nevada has decided to take the party to Cliven Bundy’s ranch for a 30-day, rules-free "Bundyfest.”

Liberal activist Sean Shealy said the festival will be held across the road from Mr. Bundy’s ranch in Bunkerville for 30 days beginning Sept. 5 and will feature more than 250 bands, Raw Story first reported.

The event appears to blatantly mock the defiant rancher, who has engaged in a long-term battle with the Bureau of Land Management over unpaid federal grazing fees.

"For years, we paid permitting fees to hold Burning Man on the beautiful Playa in Northern Nevada,” reads the Bundyfest Facebook page. "But now, Cliven Bundy has shown us a NEW WAY! ABSOLUTE FREEDOM! Bundy has declared the entire area surrounding Bundy Ranch as a TOTALLY RULES-FREE ZONE! ANYTHING GOES! WOO-HOO!!!”

The page also proudly states that Bundyfest is a "gay friendly atmosphere” that permits "full nudity.”

Degenerates gonna degenerate. Maybe someone should host a machine gun shoot there during those days.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:57:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Dirty Hippy.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203682526845379&set=o.688187351242203&type=2&theater

Liberal Douche's facebook

1991 marked the first year that the event had a legal permit, through the BLM (the Bureau of Land Management).[12] 1992 saw the birth of a smaller, intensive (with 30 or so participants) near-by event named "Desert Siteworks," co-directed by William Binzen and Judy West. The annual, several weeks-long event, was held in the springtime at various fertile hot springs surrounding the desert. Participants built art and participated in self-directed performances. Some key organizers of Burning Man were also part of Desert Siteworks (John Law, Michael Mikel) and William Binzen was a friend of Larry Harvey. Hence, the two events saw lots of cross-pollination of ideas and participants.[13] Desert Siteworks lasted through 1994. 1996 was the first year a formal partnership was created to own the name "Burning Man" and was also the last year that the event was held in the middle of the Black Rock Desert with no fence around it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Degenerates gonna degenerate. Maybe someone should host a machine gun shoot there during those days.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

An organizer for the annual Burning Man festival in Nevada has decided to take the party to Cliven Bundy’s ranch for a 30-day, rules-free "Bundyfest.”

"For years, we paid permitting fees to hold Burning Man on the beautiful Playa in Northern Nevada,” reads the Bundyfest Facebook page. "But now, Cliven Bundy has shown us a NEW WAY! ABSOLUTE FREEDOM! Bundy has declared the entire area surrounding Bundy Ranch as a TOTALLY RULES-FREE ZONE! ANYTHING GOES! WOO-HOO!!!”
The page also proudly states that Bundyfest is a "gay friendly atmosphere” that permits "full nudity.”

Yes, but can you loan me a Machinegun?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Sounds like they're going to find out quick that part of Nevada is not conducive to...

anything.
Enjoy shitty terrain, and sleeping on rocks, hippies.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:06:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

An organizer for the annual Burning Man festival in Nevada has decided to take the party to Cliven Bundy’s ranch for a 30-day, rules-free “Bundyfest.”

“For years, we paid permitting fees to hold Burning Man on the beautiful Playa in Northern Nevada,” reads the Bundyfest Facebook page. “But now, Cliven Bundy has shown us a NEW WAY! ABSOLUTE FREEDOM! Bundy has declared the entire area surrounding Bundy Ranch as a TOTALLY RULES-FREE ZONE! ANYTHING GOES! WOO-HOO!!!”
The page also proudly states that Bundyfest is a “gay friendly atmosphere” that permits “full nudity.”

I hate liberals, but this is fucking funny. Part of that slippery slope I've been arguing against.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Sounds like they're going to find out quick that part of Nevada is not conducive to...

anything.

Enjoy shitty terrain, and sleeping on rocks, hippies.
View Quote

They will probably step on a tortoise or it's burro vs. the cows avoiding them.

I can only hope some of the bulls will gore some hippies.

Since dirty hippies won't be armed hopefully the BLM will pepper spray and gas the fuck out of them. Stay in California you commie dirtbags.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:13:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I hate liberals, but this is fucking funny. Part of that slippery slope I've been arguing against.
View Quote

It would be funnier still if the BLM attempted to stop/evict them.  Let's see if they can muster the same level of support.

This actually points to the Left's mentality - things just magically "happen".  All harvest, no plowing.  It's not that armed citizens made the government leave, it's that "Bundy said 'no' and he didn't have to obey so now no rules apply."  They miss out on the "armed people showed up and were willing to face and dispense violence" part entirely.
Page / 184
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top