Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 184
Posted: 4/7/2014 10:11:30 AM EDT
Did a google search nothing came up.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/rancher-range-war-government-begins-monday-morning

Nevada is almost 87%owned by the federal government(actually 86%) that is no accident.

After living out west since 2007 i'm so tired of hearing about this desert tortoise it has delayed me getting jobs on solar project several times. The Ivanpah, CA job was one of them.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Need to buy off some EPA agents to say that 86% of Nevada isn't part of the United States like they did to that town in Wyoming.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#2]
So, homeboy is upset because he cant let his cattle graze on land he doesn't own??  

What am I missing?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:23:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, homeboy is upset because he cant let his cattle graze on land he doesn't own??  

What am I missing?
View Quote

The Consitutional authority for the federal governemnt to own or control land that isn't the national capital, a military base, a custom house, or a court.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:26:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What am I missing?
View Quote

He used to pay for them to graze there.

"For two decades, Bundy has waged a one-man range war with federal officials over his cattle's grazing on 150 square miles of scrub desert overseen by the BLM. Since 1993, he's refused to pay BLM grazing fees, arguing in court filings that his Mormon ancestors worked the land long before the BLM was formed, giving him rights that predate federal involvement.
Bundy also likes to say he "fired the BLM," vowing not to give one dime to an agency that he says is plotting his demise. The back fees exceed $300,000, he said."

Then:

"Environmentalists say it’s time for Bundy to get his cattle off federal land because they are endangering the habitat of creatures who have been there forever."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-nevada-range-war-blm-20140327,0,5253273.story#ixzz2yE5xptit
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:28:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The Consitutional authority for the federal governemnt to own or control land that isn't the national capital, a military base, a custom house, or a court.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What am I missing?

So all national parks are illegitimate then?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:30:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So all national parks are illigitemate then?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What am I missing?

Only the national parks with gold fringe around the edges of them.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Then:

Environmentalists say it’s time for Bundy to get his cattle off federal land because they are endangering the habitat of creatures who have been there forever.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-nevada-range-war-blm-20140327,0,5253273.story#ixzz2yE5xptit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What am I missing?

Then:

Environmentalists say it’s time for Bundy to get his cattle off federal land because they are endangering the habitat of creatures who have been there forever.

So he's entitled to let his cattle graze on land that he doesn't own because that owner let him do it in the past, but decided to no longer allow it?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#8]
The larger issue is that there are no fences. His cattle wander on to the BLM land. The laws out there are "keep out" rules. If the feds don't want his cattle there, then THEY need to put up fences to prevent it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What am I missing?

The problem is that, even if Federal Government owned land is in a State and not a Territory or Protectorate, State laws still don't apply.  That *is* in the Constitution.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What am I missing?

Bingo
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:32:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What am I missing?

Yes.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:33:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The larger issue is that there are no fences. His cattle wander on to the BLM land. The laws out there are "keep out" rules. If the feds don't want his cattle there, then THEY need to put up fences to prevent it.
View Quote

So the taxpayer pays to keep his cattle out?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:33:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or host a barbeque.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So he's entitled to let his cattle graze on land that he doesn't own because that owner let him do it in the past, but decided to no longer allow it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What am I missing?

Then:

This is all about the envirotards and the desert tortise. Otherwise he would still be able to graze his animals there and the gov would get paid for it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:37:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:38:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This is all about the envirotards and the desert tortise. Otherwise he would still be able to graze his animals there and the gov would get paid for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What am I missing?

Then:

so the folks that owned the land decided that they didn't want to let Mr. Bundy's cattle on it anymore?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What am I missing?

I'm ok with this.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:11:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm ok with this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What am I missing?

I'm ok with this.

I am too
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:13:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What am I missing?
View Quote

You sure you from Texas?  You are sounding a little more New York too me.  

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I am too
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What am I missing?

I'm ok with this.

I am too

well good luck on your crusade to get the federal government to turn those lands over.  I'm sure all 3 branches of government will be exuberant to overturn all those years of precedent before it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:15:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
He could have agreed to new land use rules and kept paying to use the land, he stopped paying two decades ago. That's a lot of free taxpayer paid for grazing.

the arrest of the son is kind of odd, why not specify what charges are filed? Seems odd and vague
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He could have agreed to new land use rules and kept paying to use the land, he stopped paying two decades ago. That's a lot of free taxpayer paid for grazing.

the arrest of the son is kind of odd, why not specify what charges are filed? Seems odd and vague

Yes, because if he didn't pay, the rain would stop falling, the grass would stop growing, and the cow poop would never decompose.

Taxpayers must subsidize nature to make it work, duh.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:15:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What am I missing?

If i am on land I don't own, I really am not shocked when I am told to leave.  Do you frequently hunt on land you don't own and arent' given access to?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#24]

well good luck on your crusade to get the federal government to turn those lands over.  I'm sure all 3 branches of government will be exuberant to overturn all those years of precedent before it.
View Quote

Gun control has all sorts of precedent.  Does that make gun control okay?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

i've never said it is ok.

But I am wise enough to know that by me saying "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA I CANT HEAR YOU" doesn't keep me out of prison for building a machine gun without the proper FFL.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:20:39 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm glad that most of Texas is owned by Texans.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If i am on land I don't own, I really am not shocked when I am told to leave.  Do you frequently hunt on land you don't own and arent' given access to?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What am I missing?

Do you even cowboy Hos?

Unlike the eastern United States, the western prairies of the 19th century were vast, undeveloped, and uncultivated, with scarce, widely separated sources of water. Until the invention of barbed wire in the 1870s, it was more practical to fence the livestock out of developed land, rather than to fence it in.[1] As the United States government acquired western territories, land not yet placed into private ownership was publicly owned and freely available for grazing cattle, though conflicting land claims and periodic warfare with Native Americans of the Great Plains placed some practical limits on grazing areas at various times.

Free-roaming range cattle calved, were moved between grazing lands, and driven to market by cowboys. Branding was used to identify cattle belonging to different owners.[1] Unbranded cattle were known as "mavericks" and could become the property of anyone able to capture and brand the unmarked animal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_range

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

But I am wise enough to know that by me saying "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA I CANT HEAR YOU" doesn't keep me out of prison for building a machine gun without the proper FFL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you are not okay with the logic but you use it in your argument, interesting.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:30:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

So you are not okay with the logic but you use it in your argument, interesting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a difference between "what is" and "what should be"  I try and do my part to make the gap between those two as little as possible by voting for representatives that will work for that same goal.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:45:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So I can just go on any government land and pick any apples, blueberries I find and sell them, cut down lumber for resale. Can I borrow US Marshall's cars on the weekend if I am not going far and fill up the tank?  

FSA in a cowboy hat
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, because if he didn't pay, the rain would stop falling, the grass would stop growing, and the cow poop would never decompose.

So I can just go on any government land and pick any apples, blueberries I find and sell them, cut down lumber for resale. Can I borrow US Marshall's cars on the weekend if I am not going far and fill up the tank?  

FSA in a cowboy hat

Punch in your zip code here:
http://farm.ewg.org/

To see what farmers in your area have been getting for subsidies.

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#32]
I would like to see more of nv lands freed up for public use and cattle grazing actually has a very positive environmental impact on desert areas creating micro climates that help reverse desertification.

The areas that actually have some grass and forage quickly revert to rather barren dry desert if grazing is discontinued.

I shared the article with a coworker living in northern NV who raises cattle and this was her response.

I feel sorry for him that it's all over tortoises, and feds taking his cattle, but he should also pay his bills for using the public lands.  Everyone else has to.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:46:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Damned free grazers.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:50:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Today it's the desert tortoise, yesterday it was the sage grouse.

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:59:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:05:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

FSA in a cowboy hat
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FSA in a cowboy hat

I thought we were talking about grazing. I see you're deflecting, but nothing I will say will change your religion of government worship anyways.

Maybe you should ask yourself why the govt. has taken 20 years to decide to do something. I bet it's because they care so damn much about that poor desert tortise.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Your FSA database   http://farm.ewg.org/
I tried that it works pretty good catches those thieving farmers and ranchers.  These two zip codes point that out well 48219    and  10024
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:08:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
EWG is a commie libtard outfit run by super libtard scum Ken Cook. PTUI  

Oh and none of the large farms around here are getting any subsidy according to that website, some smaller outfits are getting a couple of grand
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Punch in your zip code here:
http://farm.ewg.org/

To see what farmers in your area have been getting for subsidies.

EWG is a commie libtard outfit run by super libtard scum Ken Cook. PTUI  

Oh and none of the large farms around here are getting any subsidy according to that website, some smaller outfits are getting a couple of grand

Ah, more of, "He don't believe what I believe, so it's ok fedgov to fuck him." Now I know where arfcom gets it from.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

FSA in a cowboy hat
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FSA in a cowboy hat

Don't forget being able to use DEA and ATF guns left behind in restrooms,
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I would like to see more of nv lands freed up for public use and cattle grazing actually has a very positive environmental impact on desert areas creating micro climates that help reverse desertification.

The areas that actually have some grass and forage quickly revert to rather barren dry desert if grazing is discontinued.

I shared the article with a coworker living in northern NV who raises cattle and this was her response.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I feel sorry for him that it's all over tortoises, and feds taking his cattle, but he should also pay his bills for using the public lands.  Everyone else has to.

He stopped paying because they informed him he won't be able to graze there because of the tortoise. Basically a fuck you to the federal government.

The only issue is the stupid ass desert tortoise.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

FSA in a cowboy hat

View Quote

Ha! Boom, head shot!
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:15:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:21:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
That's not what the article says.    undy considers much of that area his ranch to use as he sees fit, but the BLM canceled his federal grazing permit 20 years ago, after the rancher refused to agree to new land-use rules and stopped paying his fees.

Maybe the new land use agreement was some kind of restriction or something about the turtles, who knows, but .gov did not cancel the contract, he stopped paying

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He stopped paying because they informed him he won't be able to graze there because of the tortoise. Basically a fuck you to the federal government.

The only issue is the stupid ass desert tortoise.
That's not what the article says.    undy considers much of that area his ranch to use as he sees fit, but the BLM canceled his federal grazing permit 20 years ago, after the rancher refused to agree to new land-use rules and stopped paying his fees.

Maybe the new land use agreement was some kind of restriction or something about the turtles, who knows, but .gov did not cancel the contract, he stopped paying

There are more articles about this guy and the problem. It's on the local news channels every once in a while.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:25:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#48]
We are about to start this shit up in northern Nevada with the fucking Sage Grouse. It's about controlling food people and most of you will refuse to believe until your family is hungry. There is no reason to ever import food in this country but that's lost on most here.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#49]
More Farmers stealing from the taxpayer.

1 Feldner Family Ltd Partnership Washington, DC 20001$ 109,585.07
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
More Farmers stealing from the taxpayer.

1 Feldner Family Ltd Partnership Washington, DC 20001$ 109,585.07
View Quote

Farm in DC WTF?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 184
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top