Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2014 12:58:18 AM EDT
Okay. So I saw the Noah movie (I saw Captain America Thursday night). I am a Christian.

While the graphics and shit like that was pretty cool, WTF were those fallen angel "transformer" pieces of rock shit? Thought I was watching Transformers meets Lord of the Rings for a while.  

Yeah. Visually stunning. Great acting by Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connolly, and Emma Watson. And by great acting, I mean they were pretty damn convincing of their emotions.

It was way off from the Bible, but that was to be expected. My wife had a bigger issue with that than I did (her parents are Southern Baptist [dad's a preacher]), and that will be a downer for many Christians (And even Muslim's I hear), but it was visually stunning and the parts that meshed with the Bible were pretty fucking awesome.

Random strange thought, if Noah and his sons had AR-15 with multiple 30 round P-Mags, they wouldn't have really needed the Optimus fallen-angel rock group Prime to go all fuckity-doo-da on the village idiots.

Yeah, this review is pretty shitty, kind of like how a lot of people view the movie.

I have always been an Aronofsky fan (PI, Requiem for a Dream, The Fountain, The Wrestler, Black Swan), but maybe he should have used a different original fiction story to express the themes expressed in this movie. He certainly has the mind for it. Not sure why an athiest gets a boner for the Noah story in a story he can re-write with almost any other fiction story and get his message across.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 1:45:02 AM EDT
[#1]
******Spoiler******

There's a flood.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 1:51:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
******Spoiler******

There's a flood.
View Quote

Was it a flood or a leak? Lots of loose man hole covers..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top