Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/23/2014 2:28:24 PM EDT
FedEx package tracking told me that my package from Rainier Arms would be here yesterday. Waited all day for the damn thing to come and it never showed. Now their tracking is telling me it is still in transit and will not give me an arrival time. Why it told me that it would be here yesterday in the first place is beyond me. Every time I get a delivery estimate from UPS or USPS it is accurate.

Has anyone else had this issue with incorrect delivery dates from FedEx?
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 2:30:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on where an item is coming from.  Weather conditions will effect delivery times.  I just had some WeatherTech floor mats delivered.  They were 2 days late because of snow.  Not really that big of a deal.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I have FedEx Home put up a 'Resident Not Home' bullshit status when I was home all damn day and they never showed.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 2:31:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depends on where an item is coming from.  Weather conditions will effect delivery times.
View Quote

Washington to Michigan. No major storms I have seen should have impacted its delivery.

Link Posted: 3/23/2014 2:32:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have FedEx Home put up a 'Resident Not Home' bullshit status when I was home all damn day and they never showed.
View Quote

That would seriously piss me off.

Link Posted: 3/23/2014 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
FedEx package tracking told me that my package from Rainier Arms would be here yesterday. Waited all day for the damn thing to come and it never showed. Now their tracking is telling me it is still in transit and will not give me an arrival time. Why it told me that it would be here yesterday in the first place is beyond me. Every time I get a delivery estimate from UPS or USPS it is accurate.

View Quote

More often than not when I see a deviation from projected delivery it's that the package arrives early.  I haven't had anything scheduled for a delivery during major weather events though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had them report the package delivered and then come back the next day to actually deliver it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#7]
For me fed ex has been the most dependable. Sometimes early never late.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 2:37:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

UPS did that to me on Friday with a PA order. I was right next to the front door and didn't hear a thing
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
For me fed ex has been the most dependable. Sometimes early never late.
View Quote

Now see for me UPS is the most dependable, but I'm guessing that has to do with how they are set-up logistically in your area vs my area.  I don't see many FedEx delivery trucks around here, but I see a ton of UPS and of course USPS around here all the time.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I had FedEx drop someone else's package on my porch on a Friday. I called them to let them know. No one picked it up that day. Then they refused to pick it up over the weekend because the customer didn't pay for weekend delivery. They didn't come and pick it up until the following Wednesday. And the customer service people acted like I was inconveniencing them.

Worthless.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 2:40:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Happens to me all the time. Especially since I motion detectors to know when someone enters my property. Fucking bullshit.

Link Posted: 3/23/2014 2:46:15 PM EDT
[#12]
They are a bunch of grade a dickweeds.  I had a small engine shipped to me.  They dropped it and cracked the block and the little oil left from the test run leaked out and they denied my insurance claim on it on grounds of "prohibited" item.  What is prohibited you ask?  Why let me tell you.  Wet or leaking packages. Excuse me detective dipshit, it wasn't leaking until your scrub driver dropped the box hard enough to crack a cast aluminum engine block.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They are a bunch of grade a dickweeds.  I had a small engine shipped to me.  They dropped it and cracked the block and the little oil left from the test run leaked out and they denied my insurance claim on it on grounds of "prohibited" item.  What is prohibited you ask?  Why let me tell you.  Wet or leaking packages. Excuse me detective dipshit, it wasn't leaking until your scrub driver dropped the box hard enough to crack a cast aluminum engine block.
View Quote

Damn, I don't even want to know how much that set you back. I hate using them.

Link Posted: 3/23/2014 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#14]
UPS isn't much better.  I had a $1500+ ham radio on the truck for delivery one Friday only for it to be taken back to the hub.  Didn't get it until the following Monday, and I had to track him
down to get it or it would have road around all day once again.  

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 3:02:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sucks that they denied your claim, but how was it packaged? A lot of the damage is caused by improper packing. A small engine should be in a wooden box with dense foam to prevent it from moving around inside the box.  I'm not saying your shipment should be mishandled, but if it's packed right somebody dropping it won't destroy it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Shit happens.

Link Posted: 3/23/2014 3:02:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I prefer UPS.  The only time I've had stuff show up on a wonky timeline was during Christmas.  A couple times during the holiday I got the "Your package was delivered" text message on my phone and no package.  The guy was just gamin his paperwork and showed up a couple hours later with my stuff.

FedEx on the other hand is not as reliable and the creepy little gnome lady who drives the truck is always trying the door handle before I even get downstairs to answer it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Note to OP..........Life on earth is not perfect, get used being disappointed on occasion.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#19]
I work in an industry where we get many fedex full trailer loads, many fedex LTL loads, and two different fedex trucks (ground and air) delivering to our 'courier door' which would be the same as the trucks that deliver to your house.

Often companies are sending a dozen or so boxes to complete a purchase order.  They'll be labeled 1 of 5, 2 of 5, 3 of 5, etc.  Often we will get most of them one day and a few stragglers mixed in with the next day's shipment.

This is because they are filling up the plane until it is full and then it departs, even if the last few boxes of that order aren't on it, or because the plane arrives it offloads into various trucks that handle sub-sections of the city  (because some pre-sortation has happened during loading of the plane)

Fedex may well know that your box is one of 100,000 on a plane that will arrive at time X.  What it doesn't know is that the truck that services your area will come to the plane to be loaded 5 times before shutting down for the night, but because of how bulky items are and other random factors, 5 times isn't enough to take all the stuff for that sub-section of the city.   So tomorrow it will take yesterday's leftovers first plus new cartons from the new plane load.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#20]
fedex sucks monkey balls. that is all.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I had issues with both companys. I never had to make a claim though.I worked for ups scs as a driver. I got chewed out for delivering a package a day early.lol" they didnt pay for next day just bring it for a ride next time "is what he said. Not saying that happend to the OP's stuff but ya never know.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 5:10:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Haven't had that happen to me, usually it's the other way around where I get an early delivery.

My company uses FedEx, and I've seen it quite a few times lately where the package will be on schedule, then won't arrive when it's supposed to and the tracking shows "N/A" for delivery date/time. Irritates me because I go out of my way to get things out the same day and want them at HQ as soon as possible so as not to delay our customers any more than necessary. During severe weather or other things out of their control I understand, but often times it's happened where nothing else was going on and their "bulletin" message box at the top left of the tracking page didn't show anything.

With this said, I still prefer FedEx over UPS, et.al. The last couple months Amazon has been using USPS to send my stuff and I have to admit I really like it. I get things sooner than I expect, and on Sundays too.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 5:13:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I do a shit ton of shipping and receiving.
Out of the 3, USPS, UPS, and FEDEX,
FEDEX is by far the worst.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

This has happened to me before. It infuriated me because I spent the $65 to have it overnighted and was waiting at home for it all day long. "Customer Service" "couldn't" help, so I wrote to the corporate office. The corporate office refunded my shipping costs and every FedEx delivery since then to my door yields the "cop knock" on my door.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Count your blessings that it wasn't DHL.  I had a package that they simply refused to deliver to me.  I finally had to call them and ask if it was being held for ransom.  Ended up having to go pick it up.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 5:23:56 PM EDT
[#26]
I've had the FedEx guy stop here before and ask me to sign for one of my packages he couldn't find. He said he'd drop it off later if he found it. I asked him if he was joking and he wasn't. I told him when he found my package bring it on by and I would gladly sign for it.

Most of the FedEx drivers here are independent contractors and they are not worth a shit. I've had so many boxes opend and shipments that never showed up that I always request that people not ship me anything FedEx.

Ups has a fair amout of problems too but it's usually with delays.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 5:24:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Had an overseas package go to South Lake Tahoe.  How does the USPS confuse California and the zip code with Colorado?
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've had the FedEx guy stop here before and ask me to sign for one of my packages he couldn't find. He said he'd drop it off later if he found it. I asked him if he was joking and he wasn't. I told him when he found my package bring it on by and I would gladly sign for it.

Most of the FedEx drivers here are independent contractors and they are not worth a shit. I've had so many boxes opend and shipments that never showed up that I always request that people not ship me anything FedEx.

Ups has a fair amout of problems too but it's usually with delays.
View Quote

FedEx is the same here, most of the time they show up at 2200 or later if at all to deliver the ground packages....

FedEx overnight isn't to bad put I request UPS for everything I can.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Numerous times. Worthless company. Had issues several times where I would be waiting on a guitar to be delivered and the status online would change from "out for delivery" to "failed delivery - customer not home".

No knock on my door, no doorbell rung, no truck even in the development.

I try to avoid them at all costs.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 5:36:19 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

yes just last week. I put in an email to customer service. They responded in a few hours. I thought it was late due to weather but it must have been more than that.

Link Posted: 3/23/2014 5:40:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here.

I live in an apartment complex.
I was waiting for primers from Wideners,I knew it were out for delivery. I'm in the bedroom and hear the dog barking alerting me someone is at the door. But I hear no knocking.
I get to the door to see the FedEx truck driving away, post-it note on my door is blank. It took me the count of 10 to get to the door.
I jump in my truck to intercept him, thinking he's going to leave it at the office, they sign for packages all the time no issue.
I see no truck, the office hasn't seen him either.
The guy was gone, vanished.

I call FedEx, they say I wasn't home and he'll attempt delivery tomorrow.

Link Posted: 3/23/2014 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#32]
UPS and FedEx are both usually pretty good.

FedEx Ground can suck my balls.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Fedex has been the best for me. Recently had a UPS package get stuck because of a "trailer delay" for a period of days.

There is some hilarity on the UPS facebook page, they must have an awful damn lot of trailer delays with all the complaints.

Link Posted: 3/23/2014 5:45:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I've had them report the package delivered and then come back the next day to actually deliver it.
View Quote

I've had them do this same thing to me. One time they even delivered an upper to my meth freak neighbors who wanted me to pay him $25 for accepting it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#35]
I traveled the country for about 6 years.  Every time I had a part or document sent to me via Fedex, I got it and got it on time.

UPS was about 50/50.

At my current job, we only use Fedex after UPS dropped the ball too many times.

I'll take Fedex any day over UPS.

I even opened my own personal Fedex account.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
UPS and FedEx are both usually pretty good.

FedEx Ground can suck my balls.
View Quote

From my understanding about the Fedex Ground folks is that they are all contractors.

This was after I mentioned how fucked up their attitudes are to someone at Fedex Express.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 5:58:51 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't like FedEx.... Had numerous packages reported as tried to deliver when we've been home.  Worse I've had a few that were marked as delivered.... But didn't show up on my front door until 5 hrs later.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 6:02:52 PM EDT
[#38]
I have had more issues with FedEx than with USPS and UPS combined. Fuck FedEx.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 6:06:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Happens to me all the time. Especially since I motion detectors to know when someone enters my property. Fucking bullshit.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most FedEx home delivery drivers are sub contractors. They run the routes like they want to.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#40]
UPS > FEDEX > USPS around here. USPS tracking is worthless. Fedex is within a day. UPS is spot on, and 80% of the time it is delivered at 3PM +/- 30 minutes.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 3/23/2014 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Estimated means estimated...

Logistics can be a motherfucker of grandiose proportions.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 6:12:41 PM EDT
[#43]
FedEx sucks balls sack. I cringe whenever I find out something I ordered is being delivered via that clown shoe organization. Never have had any issue with USPS or UPS. Multiple occasions I have been amazed with the Mongoloids at FedEx.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 6:14:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#45]
FedEx sucks! The last two times I had a package coming the tracking said, "Out For Delivery". So I hang around all day to sign for them. Then about 2:00 in the afternoon the tracking is updated to "No Delivery Attempt Made", and delivery is scheduled for the next day.

It was like they decided they didn't want to come out this far and just called it a day.

Link Posted: 3/23/2014 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep. Wasted a Saturday waiting on an important item that was showing out for delivery.
Not the first time they have screwed me over but it will be the last.
I have developed a deep loathing of the Bastages.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#47]
About 1 in 3 shipments they fuck me.

UPS is the most reliable shipper out there, and they suck most of the time.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#48]
One thing about the UPS packages showing as "delivered" but not showing up for a couple of hours... During peak, Thanksgiving thru Christmas, UPS hires helpers for deliveries. They ride out with the regular driver and are dropped off at the beginning of a neighborhood or apartment complex. The driver scans all of those packages as "delivered" and then turns the helper loose to make their way around. So it may well take a couple of hours.

FedEx ground and home delivery do the same. Express can't do this.

Yes, there are asshole drivers who think they're getting over by doing the wrong thing. But honestly, we WANT to get the packages delivered. We don't want to have to come back tomorrow. I'd also tell y'all that if there's a suspicious delivery attempt by Express, such as showing it was attempted, no one home, no door tag left, to contact CS and mention the word "falsification".

That's the one drop dead, stop everything, someone might get fired word at fedex express.

I've had two complaints made on me in almost 17 years, both regarding pick-ups, not deliveries. And both times the customer was in error.

Also, aside from weather related delays, it's almost always a mistake by the shipper that causes a late delivery. Wrong address, wrong zip code, incomplete address.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#49]
I despise FedEx (and so does every single person that I know personally), out of every order I've ever had shipped via them in the past only once has it actually arrived on time, even in perfect weather. I once had a package coming through them that took over 3 months to arrive from less than 2 states away. The guy that was a carrier for my area for about 5 years would only show up in my town twice a month to deliver shit, while UPS was down here 5 days a week. Years ago I decided if the only shipping method a vendor offers is FedEx and they aren't willing to use another carrier, then I buy it somewhere else and save myself the headache.

In over 15 years of having UPS deliver shit I've only had (no joke) 4 late packages which were never more than 2 days late and every time the only reason they weren't delivered was because the delivery truck literally couldn't make it here because the roads were impassable for anything other than heavy equipment or someone cutting their way through one mile at a time with a chainsaw. I've also had really good luck with USPS up until recently, things are slower than they use to be because of the closings of some offices but still not bad imo.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#50]
I had a FedEx item right before Christmas just flat disappear. Showed  delivered on the appointed day (even though it showed signature required and I never signed for anything and I was here waiting for it the entire day) They gave me a case number and investigated and called me back saying "we do not know what happened to it, you have to contact the seller and they will settle up with us"

I finally got my package UPS next time
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top