Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2014 4:16:09 AM EDT

Priebus said shortening the primary process by moving up the national convention at which the nominee is typically selected to June and cutting the number of debates are "not an establishment takeover. This is using your brain. Everything's not a conspiracy."

"I think a traveling circus of debates is insanity in this party," Priebus told about 200 delegates. "We're proposing to have fewer than 10, and this time around, we're going to pick the moderators."

Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:18:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a recipe for mediocrity to me.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:26:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Having ten guys on the stage is not a debate.  It is more like a Q&A session.  

Hopefully, when the final candidate is nominated, they limit the "debates" and tell the moderators from the networks to take a hike.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:29:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Whatthefuckever.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:35:50 AM EDT
[#4]
So, who decides which primary candidates get to stand for the debates?
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:40:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:46:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I got an email from the GOP  that had their straw poll.

The fact that names like Mike Huckabee and Peter King were even included show just how fucked the Republicans are.

Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:47:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Whatthefuckever.
View Quote

My sentiments too. It's all a big circus.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:47:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Tha fix is in.

Translation:

we don't want a big varied message and a wide variety of potential candidates for you to choose from.
We want to give you two, possibly three, choices of people who will represent the establishment Republican position.
We'll call that free choice.

Assholes.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:53:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Tha fix is in.

Translation:

we don't want a big varied message and a wide variety of potential candidates for you to choose from.

We want to give you two, possibly three, choices of people who will represent the establishment Republican position.

We'll call that free choice.

Assholes.
View Quote

The ULTIMATE goal of the GoP is to win elections, not to steer the nation towards a constitutional conservative platform. We, as tax units of the great nation should be pleased that we even get to chose from 3 per-selected candidates to fight in the great sound byte battle for the Presidency.

Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:57:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm sure these rule changes will open the floor to new and differing ideas about how to better our nation.  

Link Posted: 3/16/2014 5:09:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 5:17:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 5:31:56 AM EDT
[#13]
If Christie's even at the "debates" they're a failure.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 5:32:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 5:37:27 AM EDT
[#15]
So, write ins.  How do they work again?

And we all need to more or less agree on a ticket (Cruz/Paul, Paul/Cruz?) and get to writing if the establishment GOP is determined to bend us over... again.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 5:40:58 AM EDT
[#16]

Whats up with these whole image makeover of Ted Cruz as a bad ass...he is not.  

Link Posted: 3/16/2014 5:53:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I honestly don't see this as a problem.

Picking the moderators in the debates is a no-brainer and I could never understand why they didn't already do this.

View Quote

Because they are fucking retarded!
They allow the debates with the most liberal moderaters the democrats can sneak in and stand there while being asked questions that make them look bad.
It's like the democrats allowing a debate being conducted by Michael Savage.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 6:01:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The opinions of those living in Botswana are irrelevant to those living here in America.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 6:01:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Hopefully, not the way he wishes.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 6:04:43 AM EDT
[#20]
LOL
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 6:06:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Coming from a guy named Reince.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 6:18:59 AM EDT
[#22]
They should start with doing away with open primaries.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 6:39:32 AM EDT
[#23]
They are trying to merge the party with the democrats . The 2 have combined to become one
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 6:45:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They should start with doing away with open primaries.
View Quote

If They did that I'd have to register as a democrat. No one runs in the local republican primary around here, and the rare occasion they do its almost always some nutcase.
The democratic primary is the defacto selection of local officials.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 7:01:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Good. No more Candy Crowley, George Stephanopoulos at debates or code pink at the convention.

Fl district 13, San Diego Mayor, Rand Paul and Ted Cruz win CPAC.

4 Senate seats, 2 more tossup, unseating fucktard Reid

Paul/Cruz 16
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Good. No more Candy Crowley, George Stephanopoulos at debates or code pink at the convention.

Fl district 13, San Diego Mayor, Rand Paul and Ted Cruz win CPAC.

4 Senate seats, 2 more tossup, unseating fucktard Reid

Paul/Cruz 16
View Quote

Which means Schumer may be the majority leader. I don't know who is worse but Reid is better than Schumer on guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top