Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 5:50:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe this has been answered but why does ARES have records of who they sold lowers to? If it's not a firearm, it's just the same as selling any other trinket. Record the amount for tax records and shitcan the names.

View Quote

CC purchases, purchases through website. I imagine there is a paper trail a mile long.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
seems the ATF got a search warrant and a raid is under way.

link
View Quote

This shit is just utterly disturbing and sickening.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#4]
The ATF is the scum of the earth. My fuck be upon them all.

Link Posted: 3/15/2014 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Maybe this has been answered but why does ARES have records of who they sold lowers to? If it's not a firearm, it's just the same as selling any other trinket. Record the amount for tax records and shitcan the names.

View Quote

And maybe it'll turn out that they did that all along.

Just because ATF is seeking a list of names doesn't mean such a list ever existed.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 5:55:39 PM EDT
[#6]
For once I'm actually glad something was overpriced.  I've bought two aluminum 80% lowers but no plastic ones because they were way overpriced
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Where do you find that that is what is at issue here?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So now that the 80% lowers are considered firearms, what's going to happen to the people with un-seralized lowers that they bought without a 4473?

80% lowers themselves aren't the issue here.  The plastic ones that are molded around a cavity form that shows you where to mill out are.

I don't see how this affects billet 80% lowers at all.

The title, the fact that the determination is about specifically the EP poly lower.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Just add little names here and there to the list:

Barak Obama
Feinstein
Schumer
Cuomo.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#9]
If the key components of the extortion were:

"Hand us over the stuff/documents or else we're going to bring criminal charges against you and your employees"

Does Ares now have some solid ground for suing the fuck out of Todd Nelson?   Or how about some State criminal charges of extortion?

Assuming they beat the rap that is.   I guess I'm talking about stuff that is probably about 2 or 3 years down the road.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Has a crime been committed, other than ATF's existence and arrogance?
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Read another thread in the retro section where their saying the ATF is going to raise the Tax Stamp up to $600.00, now 80% lowers are illegal and pretty soon ammunition will only be legal if sold one round at a time.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So now that the 80% lowers are considered firearms, what's going to happen to the people with un-seralized lowers that they bought without a 4473?

80% lowers themselves aren't the issue here.  The plastic ones that are molded around a cavity form that shows you where to mill out are.

I don't see how this affects billet 80% lowers at all.

...even the EP site is still selling the aluminum ones too.

It definitely appears on the surface that the poly lower is the only target at this time.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Read another thread in the retro section where their saying the ATF is going to raise the Tax Stamp up to $600.00, now 80% lowers are illegal and pretty soon ammunition will only be legal if sold one round at a time.
View Quote

Why don't you guys get the fact that this is specifically about poly 80% lowers molded around around a core of different material?

The tax stamp I can see.  The ammo is pure fantasy.

Yes, one specific product has been evaluated and they're going to seek them out.  It sucks but this doesn't reasonably imply the end of 80% much less the sky falling completely.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 6:16:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Does anyone know if they did take personal information when selling an 80%?  Doesnt seem like they would.  Besides the fact they dont need to, the circumstances of the purchase would make it obvious.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Past customers are the most consistent source of future revenue for any company.  Just about every website I've ever purchased from continues to send marketing materials to me.  And with good reason...I tend to make purchases with the same companies over and over.  Why would Ares be different?
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Past customers are the most consistent source of future revenue for any company.  Just about every website I've ever purchased from continues to send marketing materials to me.  And with good reason...I tend to make purchases with the same companies over and over.  Why would Ares be different?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So have a mailing list just don't keep a record of who purchased what
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 6:23:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Like to see the affidavit for the search warrant.

Of course, I am not a fan of the ATF so I'm pretty bias here.  I think it is the most tyrannical agency since the Schutzstaffel.  In the United States there has never been a Federal Agency as adversarial toward its own citizens and I include the IRS in that statement.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That may be what you want, but businesses want DATA.  That includes what types of items you purchase.  It allows them to better market items to you in the future.  Unless anonymity was claimed by Ares I would assume customers are being tracked by their computer system in some sense...just like every other trinket that's purchased these days.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 6:37:08 PM EDT
[#19]
ahhhhhhh hell u went there with the F word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y is she still around dinosaurs are dead y isn't she?????????? we need to figure out how to evict her from office
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Dont u tnhik u wouldn't b on any list unless u used a credit card or signed up for there email or something like that???? Im screwed both ways OOO well!!!!!!! I live like 2 miles from EP Armory gonna go down there today put my name on the list a few more times
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 6:49:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Does the fact that the 80% polymers don't work make a difference in the whole thing? I mean, go look at the forums on EP's own website. None of the markings or take-down holes line up. Unless you were that one lucky guy who got one that worked it was basically good for nothing but an overpriced paperweight.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

How would they up it to $600 unless actually changing the law as it was written?

http://twitter.com/search?q=ares%20armor&src=tyah
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if they did take personal information when selling an 80%?  Doesnt seem like they would.  Besides the fact they dont need to, the circumstances of the purchase would make it obvious.
View Quote

Ever fill out an online credit card purchase? Of course they have ALL that data.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 6:53:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Cav arms got themselves into trouble w/ stupidity from what I understand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
CAV went through several rounds of this silliness back in the day.  There was the incident where the serial number plate wasn't affixed well enough.  Then there was the thing where only the right mould or the left mould could be at the plastics plant.  Etc.

...and where did it get them?

Note:  I'm not saying anything other than "If the BATFE wants to shut you down, they *will* find a way to do it".

Cav arms got themselves into trouble w/ stupidity from what I understand.

Stupidity is not against the law. It might be stupid to say "Screw the unconstitutional BATFE JBTs!" in a room full of BATFE agents... yet it would not be illegal to do so, nor would your expression be untruthful.

It wasn't directly due to the polymer receivers, but that may have been what brought the heat down on them for what they did do.

The shenanigans regarding the classification of the lower are what ultimately shut Cav down, whether or not it was part of the initial justification for the raid and seizure.

As far as the rest, and as far as I'm concerned, Shawn took one for the team.  I'll keep the rest of my opinion to myself.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 6:56:29 PM EDT
[#25]
So how can they legally raid the place if their is an order for a judge to wait?
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#27]
"Crime is contagious. If the Government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy."
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I am searching for the warrant and will post it ASAP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Like to see the affidavit for the search warrant.

Of course, I am not a fan of the ATF so I'm pretty bias here.  I think it is the most tyrannical agency since the Schutzstaffel.  In the United States there has never been a Federal Agency as adversarial toward its own citizens and I include the IRS in that statement.

I am searching for the warrant and will post it ASAP.

Is it a new warrant or just a creative interpretation of existing docs?

http://www.examiner.com/article/atf-accuses-ares-armor-of-illegal-gun-sales-response-to-restraining-order

The court’s order was in response to a Friday Department of Justice "ex parte application for order
(1)) extending injunction to prevent divestment of subject matter of
temporary restraining order, and (2) clarifying that temporary
restraining order does not restrain lawful criminal proceedings.” In it,
U.S. Attorneys maintain ATF "is conducting a lawful criminal
investigation of the illegal manufacture, distribution, sale, and
possession of AR-15 variant lower receivers” and allege Ares Armor "is
in possession of approximately 6,000 ... unserialized AR-15 lower
receivers. Further, Ares Armor is not a federal firearms licensee, so it
cannot legally engage in the business of dealing firearms, let alone
ones that do not bear the required manufacturer’s mark and serial
number.”

Link Posted: 3/15/2014 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Dont u tnhik u wouldn't b on any list unless u used a credit card or signed up for there email or something like that???? Im screwed both ways OOO well!!!!!!! I live like 2 miles from EP Armory gonna go down there today put my name on the list a few more times
View Quote

English Motherfucker. Do you speak it?
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 8:06:27 PM EDT
[#30]
source reporting Ares is being raided right now.

more info here http://monderno.com/news/atf-executes-search-warrants-ares-armor/
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 8:08:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

David Codrea is reporting Ares is being raided right now.

more info here http://monderno.com/news/atf-executes-search-warrants-ares-armor/
View Quote
A little late to the party?

Link Posted: 3/15/2014 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Why don't you guys get the fact that this is specifically about poly 80% lowers molded around around a core of different material?

Yes, one specific product has been evaluated and they're going to seek them out.  It sucks but this doesn't reasonably imply the end of 80% much less the sky falling completely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, you see whats going on, and you cannot see the motherfuckin sky IS motherfuckin falling???

The ATF can arbitrarily just say something is illegal, and go on a fishing expedition for those who purchased it under the assumption it was and should be perfectly legal, and you are ok with it...

The tax stamp you can see??? Man, just don't know what to say...You realize the "tax stamp" was just a way to prevent the average joe from purchasing firearms, right? Back when it was enacted, $200 was a hell of a sum of money...so I guess you are cool with jacking it up to the point where no one can afford one again, right?

With friends like you...as the saying goes...
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 8:20:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Time to change the thread title from "trying to" to "just done did".
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 8:24:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Even if the charges are dropped and data returned,  they just needed the "list" long enough to copy.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Even if the charges are dropped and data returned,  they just needed the "list" long enough to copy.
View Quote

and it's not just folks who bought the plastic lowers, it's all of their customers.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 8:49:07 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yep.  Like when they were going around "borrowing" dealers' books

Link Posted: 3/15/2014 9:34:36 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Has a crime been committed, other than ATF's existence and arrogance?
View Quote

No...
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote

Unbelievable...  So ATF can ignore court orders?
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 9:48:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Replace the block of plastic with a pile of plastic feedstock pellets for a plastic injection mold.

One thing I'd like to try, long term, is use a 3D printer to make a casting pattern for an aluminum plastic injection mold.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Replace the block of plastic with a pile of plastic feedstock pellets for a plastic injection mold.

One thing I'd like to try, long term, is use a 3D printer to make a casting pattern for an aluminum plastic injection mold.

Now there's an idea!

I do want to buy a makerbot...
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 9:49:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Court specifically said ATF could use a warrant.   Not saying it's right, but this was obviously in the cards.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 9:58:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

and it's not just folks who bought the plastic lowers, it's all of their customers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

just got my stuff from them the other day, ill be at the top of the list.
i have 3 dogs!
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 10:02:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

in that case, it should be open and shut as a non-functional firearm
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm confused what the ATF is saying this company is doing wrong.... The 80% recievers are illegal because they give you instructions how to drill them out?

No. they are saying that the poly lowers are manufactured as a firearm first then the FCG pocket is filled in after, which is true, but the FCG pocket is ribbed to a point where it is non-functional. The different colored poly just shows you where to mill. Even if it was not there, the lower is not, and never was functional

The CEO says the white part is made first and the rest made around it so it is never even close to being a firearm.

in that case, it should be open and shut as a non-functional firearm

This would not be the first time that a 3-letter agency knowingly went after someone with a case built around statements that are factually incorrect.

Let's be realistic here; the ATF is governed by 2 principles:

1.  What it wants to do
2.  What it thinks it can get away with

Note there there is no "3.  The letter and intent of any law or the Constitution" in that list.

A solid block of material is a solid block of material, and as long as it did not exist as a lower at any point, that's all there is to it.   Some parts being a different color than other parts is irrelevant.    Fuck the ATF.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 10:03:26 PM EDT
[#44]
I would seriously want to  set up multiple cameras with audio automatically uploading to cloud if I were ares or their customer.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#45]
For those dedicated to protecting our rights and freedoms, I'd recommend you pay attention.  The bigger battle is right here at home.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
BATF are the real criminals.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/15/2014 10:10:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
For those dedicated to protecting our rights and freedoms, I'd recommend you pay attention.  The bigger battle is right here at home.
View Quote

this.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 10:22:35 PM EDT
[#48]
while this is utter BS and the govt thugs should pay, who in their right mind buys a crappy plastic 80% lower?

ETA and I own a real 80% lower.

Link Posted: 3/15/2014 10:25:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
while this is utter BS and the govt thugs should pay, who in their right mind buys a crappy plastic 80% lower?

ETA and I own a real 80% lower.
View Quote

A guy with $35 and a shitty .22 upper laying around
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 10:51:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Well, not only do they now have the names of everyone who bought an EP lower, but the names of everyone who bought anything at all from Ares
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top