BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 12:07:33 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Stay tuned, for next weeks fiasco. Ferrari into a Fiero.  
View Quote
How about the inverse?

http://www.carscoops.com/2010/06/ferrari-308-gtsi-owner-swaps-maranello.html

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 1:24:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
rofl

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I made a joke and he turned it into dick measuring
You made a joke that specifically INVITED dick measuring.
Apparently that was such a BIG deal to you, that you had to feel that way. Some need to prove yourself better than...

I'm sorry you Ford boys can't handle a jab or two at the brand rivalry without having to make it into something else.'
I'm not sorry you can't handle a simple question without freaking the fuck out.
LOL Where exactly did I freak the fuck out? Because I said you were butthurt, or because I didn't feel that I had to prove myself to you?

That makes me a huge douche.
If you think so.
Say the guy acting like a 16 year old with daddy's money that thinks he is better than everyone else.
rofl

lmao
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 1:24:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
"The extremes these Ford guys go to try and have an actually fast Mustang..."

Says the guy who dropped a motor in his car to make it slower than Mustangs...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You made the initial claim...

I'm not ducking anything. I made no claim to anything having to do with what I have. You are the one that is all butthurt about it.
"The extremes these Ford guys go to try and have an actually fast Mustang..."

Says the guy who dropped a motor in his car to make it slower than Mustangs...

"Should have used more extremes..."

Like buying an $180,000 European sports car and paying someone to make it look like a domestic. The motor that went into my car at least is from the same make and model, just newer. Exactly what Mustang are we talking about that it is slower than? You sure think highly of yourself. If you want to say so badly that your Mustang is faster than my car, then out with it. you are the one that wanted to measure dicks so bad. What fast car do you have?
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 2:33:12 AM EDT
[#4]
This is the type of shit I would do if I hit a big jackpot lotto.  Just completely useless shit, just for fun.

I'd pay a scientist, a magician, and 42 mechanics to fit Lambo guts into a Honda Civic shell, and I'd have them engineer an exhaust that sounds like an Autozone fartcan without actually losing the Lambo performance.

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 2:40:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote
You know, if I made "fuck you" kind of money, I could see myself actually doing this just for the lulz.

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 2:45:28 AM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How about the inverse?

Fuck, that almost makes sense...

Better parts and reliability for cruising to the sonic in a Hawaiian shirt on "classic car" night.

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 2:51:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 4:55:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Better parts and reliability for cruising to the sonic in a Hawaiian shirt on "classic car" night.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How about the inverse?

I read an article in the late 90's about how you could pick up a Ferrari 308 for around 30k.  The kicker is it cost them 16k to have it worked on.  So I could see dropping a Small Block V8 in one.  I can't see a V6 though, except one of the modern High Output V6 since the original was only 3L.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 5:04:47 AM EDT
[#9]

After reading this I am now inspired to transform a classic Steyr Mannlicher into a Tapco modified SKS.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You know, if I made "fuck you" kind of money, I could see myself actually doing this just for the lulz.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd go one step further - Audi turbo AWD swap in to a Neon, complete with fart can and as many stick-on vents as possible.  Bonus points for LED windshield washers.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#11]
That's the dumbest thing I've seen all day
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 9:29:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was being literal.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t31/p180x540/1397655_10153344301895346_1905506552_o.jpg

You could make a diablo VT out of home depot square tube.

ETA-  oh yea, apparently they sometimes catch on fire...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lambo's are actually really shitty cars.  Once you get under the skin, that really is the only good part, the engine and drive train.

Sucks being poor, eh?
I was being literal.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t31/p180x540/1397655_10153344301895346_1905506552_o.jpg

You could make a diablo VT out of home depot square tube.

ETA-  oh yea, apparently they sometimes catch on fire...

Diablo was also designed about 25-30 years ago.  They are worlds different from a current lambo.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 9:33:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I made a joke and he turned it into dick measuring. I'm sorry you Ford boys can't handle a jab or two at the brand rivalry without having to make it into something else. That makes me a huge douche.
View Quote

Posting butthurt pics is usually a misuse of the meme and lame. There's a time and a place for when somebody is actually really butthurt and won't STFU about something, but just busting one out like that over a simple snide remark cheapens the butthurt picture response. Have you even stop and thought about what you've done? The more you use such tools to influence people the more apt they are to ignore them.

That's me acting like I'm butthurt over butthurt.

Seriously though all I was saying is, you can tell yourself you "butthurt" somebody if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy, but that would be an illusion.

And your mom drives a Mustang...
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

lmao
View All Quotes
Quoted:

lmao
Thank you for supporting my opinion.

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#15]
This is one of the things that make me proud to be an Ohioan.

I would've used a Mustang II body instead.

...And my next trick would be a Cummins diesel into a Duesenberg coupe.

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 10:32:24 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

...And my next trick would be a Cummins diesel into a Duesenberg coupe.

View Quote
You do that, I'll be putting a Detroit Diesel in a Cord...
I was at one of the first Concourse that had a separate area for hotrods.

There was a BEAUTIFUL Duesenberg, with a hinged body that propped up so you could see the Ford 427...

Those Duesenberg owners, always going to extremes to have fast cars.

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I think it's pretty neat
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#18]
There is a Ferrari 360 with a GM LS engine in it. The swap was probably less then the cost of a major service.

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 11:19:22 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

There is a Ferrari 360 with a GM LS engine in it. The swap was probably less then the cost of a major service.

http://www.lsxtv.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/9/files/2011/04/dreamg2.jpg
View Quote
Probably not a bad idea, if you plan on driving it daily.

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 11:22:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd get the most grocery-getter Lexus ever, jack it up with huge tires, loud exhaust, and truck nutz.  Then I'd drive it around all day getting groceries and dropping the kids off at school.  I'd rev the shit out of it, and probably put a smoke injector system in it.

I'd spend most of my time at the car wash drying it off out by the road where everyone can see me.  Suit and tie, of course.  Maybe even a bowtie.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#21]
A monumentally stupid idea, which became epically stupid by failing to make the back of the car as retarded as the rest of the car.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#22]
just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Dude, should have just bought a Ford GT. It really would be cool if they made a Mustang that was mid engine rear wheel drive, the Ford GT but at 50-60K price tag.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 11:35:55 AM EDT
[#23]
For his next installment:  We sawzalled the shit out of a Bugatti Veyron and put all the good bits into a 1984 beige on brown Chevy Citation!
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 11:36:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Jeep Wagoneer

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 11:39:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cheaper then THIS
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Posting butthurt pics is usually a misuse of the meme and lame. There's a time and a place for when somebody is actually really butthurt and won't STFU about something, but just busting one out like that over a simple snide remark cheapens the butthurt picture response. Have you even stop and thought about what you've done? The more you use such tools to influence people the more apt they are to ignore them.

Seriously though all I was saying is, you can tell yourself you "butthurt" somebody if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy, but that would be an illusion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I made a joke and he turned it into dick measuring. I'm sorry you Ford boys can't handle a jab or two at the brand rivalry without having to make it into something else. That makes me a huge douche.

Haha, ok I give you that.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 12:04:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ultimate sleeper?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#28]

My younger brother was this >< close to buying a Bug almost exactly like that for his first car.

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

A monumentally stupid idea, which became epically stupid by failing to make the back of the car as retarded as the rest of the car.
View Quote
So, how is it stupid?  How did they fail to make the back of the car as retarded as the rest of the car?

Your post makes no sense, and offers no support of insight to what you mean.

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Cheaper then THIS
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cheaper then THIS

If ever I'm able to afford one of my dream cars, I don't think the words "cheaper than..." are going to cross my mind

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 12:23:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

So, how is it stupid?  How did they fail to make the back of the car as retarded as the rest of the car?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The pictures gave him the brain aids

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 12:27:37 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

My guess is that there were some sort of registration or mechanical issues with the Lamborghini for a person to do this.  Might have even had a prior accident record.

In any case, why does the mustang have two engines (front is still occupied with what appears to be a complete engine?)

To me this is a total waste, get a GT500 and pocket the extra 100k+
View Quote
So when the lambo engine catches fire, he can drive real quick to the nearest fire department.

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 12:36:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Diablo was also designed about 25-30 years ago.  They are worlds different from a current lambo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

snip

Yea, you said that and I went back to look at the pics in the OP and noticed the home depot square tube was upgraded.

But, then I looked a little more and found it again...

Oh....  subframes on a tub...  so differnt...
I'd rather have this lambo...

http://therightwrong.net/2011/12/13/net-catches-lamborghini-hand-made-in-basement-garage/

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#34]
I see a MUCH improved front end and the back end is no worse.  That is a nice clean restomod...
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 1:14:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder how bad these guys would have freaked out back when Harrah had this built so he could go back and forth to Tahoe

I give you Jerrari
Ferrari motor in Jeep Wagoneer
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 1:16:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jeep Wagoneer

http://allcarcentral.com/Jeep/Jeep_Wagoneer_1977_Jerrari_BBM0286_National_Auto_Museum_NV_2008.jpg

Haha I just posted that and hadnt gotten to your post yet. I have seen it in person. I feel like he had to be a interesting dude.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You're right.  Somehow, it made sense to me when I wrote it.  

I meant to convey that cutting up a Lamborghini to create a Mustang, is a stupid idea.  To each his own, but to me, it's stupid.  It's not as if you can't get an excellent, high performance Mustang already. Second, if you're going to the trouble of doing it, then why not make the rear of the car reasonably consistent with the rest of it?  Again, just a matter of opinion, but it looks horrible to me.

Forgetting the Lamborghini aspect, if someone customized a Mustang to look like that one, with that rear end, I still wouldn't like it.  Just my opinion.

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I read an article in the late 90's about how you could pick up a Ferrari 308 for around 30k.  The kicker is it cost them 16k to have it worked on.  So I could see dropping a Small Block V8 in one.  I can't see a V6 though, except one of the modern High Output V6 since the original was only 3L.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How about the inverse?

Like, say, the 3.0L DOHC Yamaha V6 found in the first Taurus SHO's?

Those were always a kickass engine in search of a good sports car chassis.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Haha I just posted that and hadnt gotten to your post yet. I have seen it in person. I feel like he had to be a interesting dude.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jeep Wagoneer

http://allcarcentral.com/Jeep/Jeep_Wagoneer_1977_Jerrari_BBM0286_National_Auto_Museum_NV_2008.jpg

Ever make it out to his collection at the airport before Holiday Inn sold it all off?  The hangars full of Peirce Arrows?
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#40]
For everyone bitching about the Mustang with the lambo engine, this is far worse...

It's not even close.

http://www.epicinter.net/ninja-drag-celica-this-hall-of-shame-entry-is-dedicated-to-one-car/

Hint: This car is FWD.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 2:34:16 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

For everyone bitching about the Mustang with the lambo engine, this is far worse...

It's not even close.

http://www.epicinter.net/ninja-drag-celica-this-hall-of-shame-entry-is-dedicated-to-one-car/

http://www.epicinter.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/29ef0fb93d7f01cab97a4d7921a33407.jpg Hint: This car is FWD.
View Quote

Fuuuuck

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I meant to convey that cutting up a Lamborghini to create a Mustang, is a stupid idea.  To each his own, but to me, it's stupid.  It's not as if you can't get an excellent, high performance Mustang already. Second, if you're going to the trouble of doing it, then why not make the rear of the car reasonably consistent with the rest of it?  Again, just a matter of opinion, but it looks horrible to me.

Forgetting the Lamborghini aspect, if someone customized a Mustang to look like that one, with that rear end, I still wouldn't like it.  Just my opinion.

Makes sense.

Although, I'm not sure how much of the Lambo they actually cut up, it looked like in the pics they just stripped it, then fabricated a lot of custom framework. Then stuffed some of the lambo parts into the Ferd.  With the limited amount of pics and time I feel lie sinking into looking at it, it appears that the Lambo could be reassembled.

I agree with you on the rear end of the car, I am also not a fan.

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

There's probably more Gallardo's out there than GT drive trains , but I agree that would have been a cooler combo. That and not mangling the rear end so bad. Honestly it looks like they took a big shortcut to avoid even more fabrication by taking up so much space with the wire mesh.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's pretty obvious from the pictures that it's a Mustang unibody. Stuffing that motor into a Ford car isn't really all that impressive, and the new 5.0 is way cool IMO.

ETA: Double check the photos, they did not turn a Lamborghini into a Mustang. They just used it as a donor car for the motor and some of the interior pieces judging from the photos.

I was wondering how long it would take for somebody else to notice that.  All they did was cut up a perfectly good Mustang.  If it'd have been me, I would have used a Ford GT drivetrain...  

There's probably more Gallardo's out there than GT drive trains , but I agree that would have been a cooler combo. That and not mangling the rear end so bad. Honestly it looks like they took a big shortcut to avoid even more fabrication by taking up so much space with the wire mesh.

Been done.

Look up the 69/70 Mach40.   Ford GT meets 69/70 Mach 1.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 3:34:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit.

Aside from the sound of the Ferarri engine you gotta ask yourswlf what it is worth to dick with that frantic basket case of euro engineering.

Now if I wanted to keep it sounding somewhat insane, Coyote through llw resteiction exhaust.     The Coyote uncorked sounds like no other american V8.     At the drag strip a coyote in the burn out box is unique to EVERYTHING else with the right exhaust.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 3:41:10 PM EDT
[#45]
I kind of like it. It's kind of like those guys that took MAC-10s and slowly turned them into SAWs to get around the AFT bullshit. Only this guy went from a SAW to a MAC-10.

Guess that's what he wants... Prost!
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 8:39:29 PM EDT
[#46]
I like sleeper, muscle, exotic cars. I get the shoebox drag car. I dig the salvaging a classic car design and adding modern muscle to it. What I don't get is taking a perfectly valuable, collectable exotic car and destroying it to prove a point. I don't care how much money you have to piss away.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 8:49:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Its definitely original...
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#48]
I think that this was a demo of sorts for the 2007 SEMA show.  They said that the Gallardo was a "parts" car.  It was a garish way to grab attention, and show some of their capabilities.  One of the main guys involved owns some dealerships outside of Cleveland.  I remember that they had the thing up for sale a few years back, although I didn't know what happened with it since then.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 2:58:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I think that this was a demo of sorts for the 2007 SEMA show.  They said that the Gallardo was a "parts" car.  It was a garish way to grab attention, and show some of their capabilities.  One of the main guys involved owns some dealerships outside of Cleveland.  I remember that they had the thing up for sale a few years back, although I didn't know what happened with it since then.
View Quote

They did both very well, that's for sure. The fabrication and body work is very impressive.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 3:05:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lmao

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top