Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 38
Posted: 3/11/2014 6:09:52 PM EDT
I know ARFCOM has some members that have an interest in Bigfoot and some here have claimed to have seen the beast in the flesh. Ive been researching the subject for the last few months and am still on the fence weather this thing exist or not.
I found a very good internet radio show that I think poepele that share interest in Bigfoot might enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM1UhfLmDQE

CCC
ETA

Poll as requested

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The Bigfoot Show is pretty good as well.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Bigfoot Show is pretty good as well.
View Quote

Ill check that out. I know you'll like the one I linked. I cant stand most of the Bigfoot community but I really enjoy that show.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe they were all eaten by the chupacabras and the lake monsters.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#4]
They call me Squatch.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:14:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Bigfoot is exempt from Obamacare like the Amish. Lucky bastages.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:14:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw Bigfoot piloting MH370.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:17:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

does that mean that I can kill one and not get arrested? If they are found to be part human do they have rights under the constitution?

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:18:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

does that mean that I can kill one and not get arrested? If they are found to be part human do they have rights under the constitution?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they have been listed as an endangered species in some states.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ill be hunting in Uwharrie forest this season (they are not protected in NC) and if I see one Im going to take it out.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:22:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I've listened to those. good stuff.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:26:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ill be hunting in Uwharrie forest this season (they are not protected in NC) and if I see one Im going to take it out.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's your prerogative, but just as a word of note, they are allegedly very social animals that can be very vindictive if you harm a member of their social circle.  That's what the natives have communicated over the years. You probably don't want to start something with them, unless it's an absolute self defense scenario.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:34:05 PM EDT
[#12]
ARFCOM members in ghillie suits
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
That's your prerogative, but just as a word of note, they are allegedly very social animals that can be very vindictive if you harm a member of their social circle.  That's what the natives have communicated over the years. You probably don't want to start something with them unless it's an absolute self defense scenario.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ill be hunting in  Uwharrie forest this season (they are not protected in NC) and if I see one Im going to take it out.  

That's your prerogative, but just as a word of note, they are allegedly very social animals that can be very vindictive if you harm a member of their social circle.  That's what the natives have communicated over the years. You probably don't want to start something with them unless it's an absolute self defense scenario.

I have heard if you fire on one get ready to face at least a couple more ready to pound on you. I know I can talk all the shit I want but when Im looking at a 1000 lbs. + 9 foot bipedal through a scope...Im not sure what I would do.

Do you pull the trigger and try and bag one to prove the thing exist while taking a chance that its family members are waiting to rip you apart? I would imagine the person that brings in a body would probably be set for life financially.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's your prerogative, but just as a word of note, they are allegedly very social animals that can be very vindictive if you harm a member of their social circle.  That's what the natives have communicated over the years. You probably don't want to start something with them, unless it's an absolute self defense scenario.
View Quote

the more I have dealt with them, the more space I give them. I've had numerous family groups around me in various places in Ok, La, Ar and Tx and all have been roughly the same interactions. if a solitary monkee gets a vocal out, the rest of the crew will it. they will bring in the Calvary. I've only had been really concerned a couple of times and both of those were serious incidents with big males.

1-it walked into my hunting area while I was in a stand and he had no idea.
2-a huge alpha male came into a pond I was deer hunting at and became really aggressive acting and followed me out to my ATV shadowing me in the timber. he showed himself to me as I turned the ATV around and it was the biggest one I have ever seen. easy 1500 + lbs. massive is an understandment.

big males take no shit and have a very short temperament.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:13:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Warden service in Maine has a deal with the bigfoot  families    they only knock on our back door in the extreme cold to feed the family....   they do smell bad. but the little ones love to run on the treadmill ...   they  love spam   and marshmallow fluff ...   and can throw   snowball's  dead on out to 50 yards...    they hate Justin bieber
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:23:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

the more I have dealt with them, the more space I give them. I've had numerous family groups around me in various places in Ok, La, Ar and Tx and all have been roughly the same interactions. if a solitary monkee gets a vocal out, the rest of the crew will it. they will bring in the Calvary. I've only had been really concerned a couple of times and both of those were serious incidents with big males.

2-a huge alpha male came into a pond I was deer hunting at and became really aggressive acting and followed me out to my ATV shadowing me in the timber. he showed himself to me as I turned the ATV around and it was the biggest one I have ever seen. easy 1500 + lbs. massive is an understandment.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn you. I was completely happy with my G20 as a woods gun until I read that.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

interesting

Id like to hear your description of how they look. Did you get close enough to see any facial features? color?

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, the Amish get all the breaks.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you see then this often, might I recommend spending some money on a good camera?
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
ARFCOM members in ghillie suits
View Quote

That might explain their girth but not their height!
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Underwood has your answer http://www.underwoodammo.com/10mmAuto220GrainHardCastFlatNoseBoxof50.aspx

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Sasquatch is bullshit.
Ghost shows in green screen on TV are bullshit.

Fart sniffing fags in Total Blackout are for real...they really DID know that smell...

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#23]

This guy has a home in the Great Smokey Mountains. He has documented his interaction with Bigfoot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2rJNs5TFY0#t=433
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

What he's saying is bring an AR-10 with a handful of loaded mags, kill em all and let God sort it out.  

Also an AK47 should suffice or a Saiga 12, definitely a Saiga 12.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In AR, if there is no legal hunting season for it; shooting would land you in very deep shit, even if the animal in question doesn't officially exist. (Like the cougars that are seen, even photographed over the whole damn state EVERY YEAR- but the game & fish commission insists "we don't have any mountain lions in AR, it was simply passing through".
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

interesting

Id like to hear your description of how they look. Did you get close enough to see any facial features? color?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

interesting

I've been too close on a couple of occasions. I don't like to let them get closer than 30 yards or so. their eyes are odd. not a normal animal type eye, like a gorilla or horse. they can show a lot of emotion ( surprise or hate). round headed ones normally will walk upright more.they all use quadrepedal motion more than bipedal atleast in the 4 states I have looked around for them.
I know at our cabin we have to be pretty careful, for big animals they can move in the leaves and ground almost silently and I haven't figured that out.

I've found their sign at just about every lake in the Eastern part of Oklahoma. there is a helluva lot more out there than we can think about. supposedly the Concho Casino security camera was the best video of all time but the tribal council made their security team erase it. I have talked to 3 people who saw it. those bastards ( 2or 3 of them) came right up to the door begging for food scraps.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#27]
If you are reading this BF, why you no be seen on game cams?!?!
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:44:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because he's a damn ninja - that's why.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#29]
I thought Bigfoot was basically nonsense until my wife and I saw one.  I don't know what to think about it.  Logically, they are impossible, but that apparently doesn't keep them from existing.  I've got no idea what the phenomenon truly is.  However, there is something to it at some level.

My sighting: http://woodape.org/reports/report/detail/2842
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:49:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:55:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If you see then this often, might I recommend spending some money on a good camera?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I might only get a visual once a year at my cabin. I'm usually deer hunting and looking for sign or working food plots or enjoying the woods. everyone in Eastern Oklahoma knows about them and accepts them. no one jokes about them at all.

I've never said, I didn't have a pic either of one of the critters,  the massive amounts of sign I have seen or recorded conversations of people who live in the sticks with them. its not a must have situation in my life. to be honest I wished I had never seen the first one. it changes you and how you feel in the woods to a degree. I'm much more careful and take a more cautious route whenever I'm in the woods now and I've been dealing with them for over 20 years now. there have been 4 sightings on a highway less than 4 miles from my cabin in the past year alone.

a picture will never solve any piece of this puzzle. why try. why invite drama into your life from it.
my family and I enjoy the outdoors and occasionally I will get a phone call or email from someone who wants info and invites us out.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#32]
I've yet to mention it on ARFCOM, but I have a friend, a current LEO, that had an encounter with one on a hunting/scouting trip.  He didn't get close enough to see it, but according to him it let out the classic big foot howl that was unmistakable and blood curdling.  It scared the tar out of him and his companion, and they where out of the woods like yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Suuuubscribe.... I'm not sure if I want to see one or not, but I want to believe.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Suuuubscribe.... I'm not sure if I want to see one or not, but I want to believe.
View Quote

I'd fucking love for it to be real.  

But, it's not.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

they will avoid the beam at night. the best pics I have seen have all been daytime in bright light. many people have pics and video. they just don't want the drama from it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I've yet to mention it on ARFCOM, but I have a friend, a current LEO, that had an encounter with one on a hunting/scouting trip.  He didn't get close enough to see it, but according to him it let out the classic big foot howl that was unmistakable and blood curdling.  It scared the tar out of him and his companion, and they where out of the woods like yesterday.
View Quote

what state?
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I might only get a visual once a year at my cabin. I'm usually deer hunting and looking for sign or working food plots or enjoying the woods. everyone in Eastern Oklahoma knows about them and accepts them. no one jokes about them at all.

I've never said, I didn't have a pic either of one of the critters,  the massive amounts of sign I have seen or recorded conversations of people who live in the sticks with them. its not a must have situation in my life. to be honest I wished I had never seen the first one. it changes you and how you feel in the woods to a degree. I'm much more careful and take a more cautious route whenever I'm in the woods now and I've been dealing with them for over 20 years now. there have been 4 sightings on a highway less than 4 miles from my cabin in the past year alone.

a picture will never solve any piece of this puzzle. why try. why invite drama into your life from it.
my family and I enjoy the outdoors and occasionally I will get a phone call or email from someone who wants info and invites us out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm jealous. Can the wife and I come check out your cabin?

I kid. Kinda. But if they are out there, I want to see them, ya know?
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#38]
These showed up around my dad's house on Dec 11th, 2013 after it sleeted.  That's not snow, it's sleet, which is why the tracks aren't very deep and are well defined.  

Dad initially figured it was somebody messing with him and he was fighting the flu so he didn't take it seriously and investigate them very far.  But the tracks came down a slight hill, around the house, up onto the deck, went out to the edge of the deck, turned back and climbed a really steep embankment up and out away from the house.  What's weird is that the prints went sideways up the hill and he never saw any signs of a hand coming down to support itself.  

He was a bit spooked after his neighbor found the same tracks all throughout a field like it was searching for something.  That field was about a mile away as the crow flies through some rough country in the Ozarks.  Weird.  We can't figure it out and dad doesn't like to talk about it very much.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:04:20 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
what state?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

what state?

A guy Ive been friends with for 20 years that I know isnt lying had the same experience. He heard something very heavy stomping through the forest at night and screaming at him. Guy said he was terrified like no other time in his life.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:05:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Supposedly, the vibrations of their howl can paralyze a target in terms of sheer terror. It's similar to a tiger roar that literally goes through it's prey and disorients it.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:10:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

what state?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what state?

Its been a while since he mentioned it, but I believe it was in NY, somewhere in the Appalachians.  We were training together and he mentioned it, and latter we had some beers and he went into more detail.  He believes this happened to him.  At this point in time, there have been lots of credible reports of people having this experience, so I believe something is there.  Is it a North American Ape, spirit being, I don't know.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:13:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone else notice most of these posts are from the midwest to the east?
Is Sasquatch migrating or hiding from the Pacific Northwest?

I find it difficult to believe in this creature, or whatever it is, people think they are experiencing.

Get some technology, trick it, trap it, or whatever, and put this issue to rest.
Kill it and grill it.
Or talk some sense into it.
Sheesh...
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:17:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Soon enough there will be the arfcom herd to come along and tell us how stupid we are to believe in Sasquatch or aliens cause somehow they are smarter about it.

I think it is possible, though I can't say I have had any experience with the matter.

Wasn't there a story where in WWII a group of soldiers stumbles upon 'cavemen' and shot them thinking they were the enemy? (serious question)
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:18:56 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I find it difficult to believe in this creature, or whatever it is, people think they are experiencing.

Get some technology, trick it, trap it, or whatever, and put this issue to rest.

Kill it and grill it.

Sheesh...
View Quote

That is whats has got me into the whole Bigfoot thing. I would have rolled my eyes and the mention of BF this time last year but I know to many folks that swear they have seen something. Im about sick of the mystery and want to go kill this fucker.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:19:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So bottom line 1) Do you think these are dangerous to humans?  Based on your comments you have been concerned.  2) Do you think they are a North American ape?  Also your comments are suspect that you think category other.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:20:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Kill it and grill it.
Sheesh...
View Quote

Some speculate that there may be at least two different species of Bigfoot. The ones familiar to the Pacific Northwest (see the famed Patterson film) and the other being a more apelike, aggressive one found in the Southeast.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That is whats has got me into the whole Bigfoot thing. I would have rolled my eyes and the mention of BF this time last year but I know to many folks that swear they have seen something. Im about sick of the mystery and want to go kill this fucker.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kill it and grill it.
Sheesh...

Nothing like a Post Mortem of the real deal to simplify the matter.
Glad we're not in disagreement!  
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:21:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

my wife won't go down there for anything other than a quick trip and maybe shoot a gun. staying till dark is a out of the question.  the vocals we hear at night sometimes are beyond thought. we hear roars, we hear cries, we hear fake coyotes. not all the time, but at certain times. they aren't in there all of the time. when they are, all of us knows it. my boy is 13 and totally use to it and in fact I would gather he and another boy growing up down there have possibly increased out sightings. I know my son has had 5-6 good sightings including one that walked right up to him when he was 12 after he shot a deer from a brush blind right at dark. I was trailing the doe up and heard him hollering at it about 75 yards away from where I was standing. it walked close to 10 ft from him totally nonchalant. almost like it knew he could scare off my son. when I came running up I could see it with my head lamp walking off.

my son learned a valuable lesson that day. RELOAD your muzzleloader immediately after firing. every person that has encounters with them that I know hates them.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Soon enough there will be the arfcom herd to come along and tell us how stupid we are to believe in Sasquatch or aliens cause somehow they are smarter about it.

I think it is possible, though I can't say I have had any experience with the matter.

Wasn't there a story where in WWII a group of soldiers stumbles upon 'cavemen' and shot them thinking they were the enemy? (serious question)
View Quote

Or,

The world is flat
Sun revolves around earth
Etc, Etc

I'm not a believer, just not a skeptic either.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 38
Top Top