BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 2:49:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A sneaky way for manufacturers to trick you into having a bunch of tiny dicks on your free floats
View Quote

I LOLed
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 3:41:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 3:53:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 3:57:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
oh . . . my . . . . .

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I would like to thank weaponoutfitters for his wonderful thread derailments.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 4:07:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In this thread I plead Geissele to Continue manufacturing the MK4 rail. Keymod sucks!
View Quote

You're damn right.

Geissele had the perfect rail. Then they fucked it with fence posts.

Keymod is horse shit.  Please bring back the MK4.  

Every rifle I own has a Geissele rail.  I would like to keep it that way.  I just can't stand the keymod.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 4:24:07 AM EDT
[#6]
It's like the Bauowulf X system, it's pointless.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 4:37:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's like the Bauowulf X system, it's pointless.
View Quote

well, if you're talking about the points from the rails - sure?

like I said - I got mine cheap, that's the only reason why I swapped to it
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 4:40:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 4:58:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Its a universal attachment system for your universal attachment system.

So you can attach while you attach.

Dog.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why is keymod a thing? What does it do over ff handguards with rail sections?

Its a universal attachment system for your universal attachment system.

So you can attach while you attach.

Dog.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 5:04:58 AM EDT
[#10]
until there are direct attach systems (e.g. sights and grips and lights with keymod mounts), I don't quite get what it has over a "screw-based" system like wilson combats, other than being cheaper to make for the manufacturer (since no female screw threads needed).

I think they should be FAR cheaper than they are to make sense for the consumer.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 5:06:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Lighter, smaller in diameter, more awesome. End of story.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 5:08:47 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm so glad I'm not the only one.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 5:11:15 AM EDT
[#13]
The original designs were released to the public by Vltor. My guess is the hope was it would spur new mounts and handgurads. It sort has done that with rails, but the mounts for flashlights and other items has lagged behind. My guess is the original design intent was to create a "cleaner" handguard/mounting system, but it has to compete with the literal standard 1913 rail. The rail sections were ment to be just as "optional" as any other mount, it's a damn cool design though.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 5:18:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm saving my money for a Lego system rail....

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 5:22:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 5:28:20 AM EDT
[#16]
It's part of the Obamacare initiative.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 5:35:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's why the old MK4s and URX3s were nice.

Keymod just makes those heavier and have attachment points where you will never attach anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like the idea, rails can be sharp. It would be nice just to have rail where you need it and have the rest of the hand guard thin and smooth.

Keymod just makes those heavier and have attachment points where you will never attach anything.

Yup.  I'm a big fan of the URX 3-3.1's and the Mk4's.  Just "scored" another non-keymod Mk4.  It's sad I get excited about something like that......
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 5:44:49 AM EDT
[#18]
AR-MrPotatoHead
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 5:45:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A sneaky way for manufacturers to trick you into having a bunch of tiny dicks on your free floats
View Quote

Did spikes invent this?
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 5:49:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Okay, ya made me laugh.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Okay, ya made me laugh.

Quoted:

Nothing new. It's been available at Home Depot for years.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/546/mb6q.jpg

Upside down. The smaller end needs to point down so the shelves will lock in. That one looks like it's being used as a corner protector so it doesn't matter.

I like the smoother lower profile of the new kool aid keymod. But havering to buy specialty mounts to lower the profile of the accessories on the gun, or buying rail panels is a no go for me. I just bought my first quad rail... I can't keep up with the newest flavor.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 5:50:47 AM EDT
[#21]
I like em.. makes my rifles with quad rails/covers feel like tanks
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 5:51:46 AM EDT
[#22]
For people with hands too soft, and arms to weak for a railed handguard.

They are also very fashionable.  You can get them in every color to match your costa-Ludis man purse.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 5:53:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Did spikes invent this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did spikes invent this?

Spikes likes bigger dicks... Payout to touch
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:16:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

So - you use picatinny key mod rails so you can put picatinny rail covers on your picatinny key mod rails so your hands don't get cut on the optional picatinny key mod rails?  I'm not seeing the point of having optional picatinny key mod rails here.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

So - you use picatinny key mod rails so you can put picatinny rail covers on your picatinny key mod rails so your hands don't get cut on the optional picatinny key mod rails?  I'm not seeing the point of having optional picatinny key mod rails here.  

This.  I wanna fuckin' punt goddamn puppies out into the fuckin' interstate when I see stupid fucking faggotry like rail covers on rails that are bolted or keymodded to a slick tube for the sole purpose of having a special place to put your hand.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:17:40 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm just stocking up on rails I like before they get infected with keymod.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:20:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You're damn right.

Every rifle I own has a Geissele rail.  I would like to keep it that way.  I just can't stand the keymod.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In this thread I plead Geissele to Continue manufacturing the MK4 rail. Keymod sucks!

You're damn right.

Someone forward this to Geissele.

Keymod fucking sucks.   Bring back the MK4.  It was perfect before it had those stupid dick perforations on it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:20:20 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
This.  I wanna fuckin' punt goddamn puppies out into the fuckin' interstate when I see stupid fucking faggotry like rail covers on rails that are bolted or keymodded to a slick tube for the sole purpose of having a special place to put your hand.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think we covered this already. The hand guards/covers mount directly to the keymod rail. You do not add rail sections just to use the covers.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:23:19 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm waiting on a Picatinny key mod adapter so I ca attach keymod rail covers on my Larue handguards...
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:30:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Technically the MK4 doesnt have keymod... MK5 = MK4 with keymod. First ones were made before the new naming system was adopted.

Since you are friends with Bill you need to get him to rethink discontinuing the MK4's
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like the idea, rails can be sharp. It would be nice just to have rail where you need it and have the rest of the hand guard thin and smooth.

Technically the MK4 doesnt have keymod... MK5 = MK4 with keymod. First ones were made before the new naming system was adopted.

Since you are friends with Bill you need to get him to rethink discontinuing the MK4's

When I ordered this rail it was called a Mk4 keymod

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:30:47 AM EDT
[#30]
In hint if this thread I just bought a geissele pre-infected mk4
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:33:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:33:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:I think we covered this already. The hand guards/covers mount directly to the keymod rail. You do not add rail sections just to use the covers.
View Quote

Ten years ago when the girls first started crying that 1913 rails were too manly and hurt their hands, and rail covers were just way too big, and none of the cool guys mount anything at anywhere but 12:00...  Everyone went to junky ass Troy tubes and the even junkier MOE handguards with plastic shit screwed everywhere...  For the sole purpose of being smooth.

Now we have smooth rails and the girls just have to accessorize, so they came up with *Keymod!*  A way to attach shit to the thing they invented for the sole purpose of not having shit attached..  

Keymod can FOAD.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:37:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Btw. Official Cola Warrior config is 16inch barrel with MK4 13in and TA33.

I think like 4-5 people are using this config this year haha.
http://i60.tinypic.com/2mwcm00.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In hint if this thread I just bought a geissele pre-infected mk4

Btw. Official Cola Warrior config is 16inch barrel with MK4 13in and TA33.

I think like 4-5 people are using this config this year haha.
http://i60.tinypic.com/2mwcm00.jpg

Mine will be 5.45 too
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:39:33 AM EDT
[#34]
You people take this shit WAYYYYYYY too seriously.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:42:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It is like Barbie for the AR-15
View Quote

eh I'm thinking micronauts, but with less magnets..
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:43:16 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
There is another.....Geissele.

http://algdefense.com/12-ergonomic-modular-rail-gray.html

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:43:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:44:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Costa and Haley started "running" them whatever the fuck that means. And just about 87% of ARFCOM are on their dicks so they must "run " them too. Run them right in the safe while they operate in moms basement.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:47:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I need to find another urxiii and then I'm good.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:52:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

So you buy a keyed system to buy railed keyed sections to add 1913 std things you own to it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty sure it's just a standard way to attach rails and shit to the handguard.. so you don't have to get rails and all that are specific to your handguard.

So you buy a keyed system to buy railed keyed sections to add 1913 std things you own to it?

From a handguard perspective you cut weight by not having the railed sections all over the place, case in point is a LARUE 11 SBRS rail weighing 14.6oz compared to a FORTIS REV 12 weighing just 9oz.

Also you can remove the rail all together.  You can reduce weight by mounting your flashlight, your bipod, or your other widget directly to a KEYMOD section instead of having to have the rail section and a mount.  NOVESKE is making some direct attachment solutions
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:57:13 AM EDT
[#41]
How many things are you attaching in such non standard places that you want this shit alllllll down the rail?
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:57:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I think we covered this already. The hand guards/covers mount directly to the keymod rail. You do not add rail sections just to use the covers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ain't nobody got time for reading
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:02:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Uhhhh... I pre ordered a polylithic keymod upper receiver a few days ago... Just to be cool.

I hope it works.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:06:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Uhhhh... I pre ordered a polylithic keymod upper receiver a few days ago... Just to be cool.

I hope it works.

View Quote

Mega?
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:12:07 AM EDT
[#45]
I like my Mega MKM. I really don't attach much to my rails but it allows the option of 7 attachment positions minus the top rail instead of 3 on most rails. It is also comfortable to grip without adding rail covers.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:12:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:14:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Tubular handguards that are similar to the Daniel Defense MFR or TRXs don't have an easy means to put heat protection (XTMs or the like) directly.

Keymod makes it simple to add panels, without adding much weight.  I can outfit my NSRs with enough panels to protect my hands from the heat for less weight than 1 pic-rail being added to a Daniel Defense MFR.

BCM is doing a direct-attach VFG for their KM rails, and also the ease of a QD swivel mount from Noveske.

Show me a lighter rail system that you don't have to add a top-rail to for your BUIS, light, etc. than the BCM.

Oh and shameless pic:
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#48]
The fake tits of AR rails.....Bolt Ons.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:46:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

From a handguard perspective you cut weight by not having the railed sections all over the place, case in point is a LARUE 11 SBRS rail weighing 14.6oz compared to a FORTIS REV 12 weighing just 9oz.

Also you can remove the rail all together.  You can reduce weight by mounting your flashlight, your bipod, or your other widget directly to a KEYMOD section instead of having to have the rail section and a mount.  NOVESKE is making some direct attachment solutions
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty sure it's just a standard way to attach rails and shit to the handguard.. so you don't have to get rails and all that are specific to your handguard.

When I did a Noveske build for the lady, I used a Noveske rail, Keymod. She loves how thin and light the rail is, ever since she tried one out. I actually considered getting one for a build that I don't plan on adding a whole bunch of stuff to.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:52:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Mega?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope it works.

Mega?

No I pre-ordered a Vltor KM polylithic receiver... In hopes that more people will like me at the gun range.

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top