Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2014 4:15:16 PM EDT
Found them in a closet in the basement of a friend.  He got them from Drexel university.  All sorts of subjects, electron pair interactions, magnetohydrodynamics.. ionized exhaust research, wind tunnel shit.. basically anything you can think of, I have it.  Not sure what they're worth or what to do with it.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Found them in a closet in the basement of a friend.  He got them from Drexel university.  All sorts of subjects, electron pair interactions, magnetohydrodynamics.. ionized exhaust research, wind tunnel shit.. basically anything you can think of, I have it.  Not sure what they're worth or what to do with it.  Any ideas?
View Quote

let me know if you have any wind tunnel stuff from langley. My great uncle was there from the 40's on

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 4:19:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Me! Me!  Me!

Anything on space nuclear propulsion, Orion or Rover?  
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Read them all and memorize them. Then you maybe be one of the few, if not the only member on this forum that can completely understand Keith_J...
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 6:19:11 PM EDT
[#4]
A lot of it is just pure data that I can't even figure out where they came up with it or what its sourced from.  Just pages and pages of integers, graphs, plots, etc.  There's a LOT of interesting stuff, it'd take me a long time to photograph it all but I plan to tomorrow if I have time.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you considered scanning them all into pdf's?  A printer store might be able to help with this.  You may need permission from NASA first though....
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Did you happen to find anything mentioning a "cloak of invisibility" by any chance?
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I would love to see the digital copies of each
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 1:36:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you have anything on their Stirling engine work?
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 1:38:02 PM EDT
[#9]
In before Pawn Stars
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/3/2014 1:42:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 1:45:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Build a vault and store it.

What's left of civilization will need it after we come out of the Obama Ages
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Do any talk about the exact size of the tamper in the Fat Man implosion bomb???
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Build a vault and store it.

Humanity will need it after we come out of the Obama Ages
View Quote

Until then do you have any American Idol pdfs to read or better yet to look at the photos
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Might want to hold onto that, NASA was trying to buy back old records a while ago,  they suddenly found a need for stuff they had tossed in the trash bin.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 1:54:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Did you happen to find anything mentioning a "cloak of invisibility" by any chance?
View Quote

I was hoping for blueprints for a plasma rifle, in say, the 40 watt range.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 1:59:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Get them scanned maybe? What sizes are they, how are they bound, and how many are there?

I have access to some production scanners. Depending on the factors above, I might be able to convert them for you. I love NASA stuff.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Luke, I am your father.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#19]
i f'ing love NASA Tech Briefs.

NASA Tech Briefs is a publication of "snippets" of unclassified taxpayer-funded work going on at NASA or NASA-funded institutions (like JPL).  there are usually one or two "in-depth" articles but the mainstay is a collection of short blurbs on a variety of physics, mechanics, electrical, thermal, etc subjects.

true story:

for a project in undergrad engineering school circa 1990, myself and three fellow students built a 6 wheeled "mini vehicle" based on a NASA Tech Briefs article.  the rocker-bogie suspension of this 6 wheeled vehicle was novel because of the degree of articulation permitted while keeping all the wheels in contact with the surface and the payload platform reasonably horizontal.  

here is the original NTB article, on PDF page 30/document page 19 of the following:

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19900016382_1990016382.pdf

and more info

http://worldwide.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/biblio?CC=US&NR=4840394&KC=&FT=E&locale=en_EP

A vehicle is provided which maintains a substantially constant weight, and therefore traction, on all wheels, despite one wheel moving considerably higher or lower than the others, while avoiding a very soft spring suspension. The vehicle includes a chassis or body to be supported and a pair of side suspensions at either side of the body. In a six wheel vehicle, each side suspension includes a middle wheel, and front and rear linkages repectively coupling the front and rear wheels to the middle wheel. A body link pivotally connects the front and rear linkages together, with the middle of the body link rising or falling by only a fraction of the rise or fall of any of the three wheels. The body link pivotally supports the middle of the length of the body. A transverse suspension for suspending the end of the body on the side suspensions includes a middle part pivotally connected to the body about a longitudinal axis and opposite ends each pivotally connected to one of the side suspensions along at least a longitudinal axis.
View Quote

imagine my surprise when twenty years later i saw the Mars Rover design...  

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 3/3/2014 2:26:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Have any stuff about the LEM?  I would love a set of real blueprints for a LEM!

And as mentioned, NASA has been having to go to muesums to reverse-engineer the Apollo stuff, so you might contact them about the stuff.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 2:27:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Scan em and post on archive.org
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 2:28:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Buddy of mine has one of the largest private space artifact collections in the US.

http://www.spaceaholic.com

I'm sure he would be VERY interested in them.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#23]
http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/document.html

Lots of cool docs there.  Maybe they would would want them if you don't?
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#24]
You can buy a Saturn V flight manual off of Amazon.

You can also download it for free here

I believe this particular one, SA 503 was configured for Apollo VIII
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Scan them in to PDFs.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 8:17:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 8:20:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you want to know the value of something, but don't really want to sell it, put it on eBay with an exorbitantly high reserve.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 8:35:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Scan them in to PDFs.
View Quote

this

and please send me a copy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top