Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 280
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I suspect that this is eventually going to boil down to the Yangs and the Comms.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:56:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Join an elite, pan-European volunteer force fighting on the plains of Ukraine to protect Western civilization from Russian barbarism?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wanna go.

Join an elite, pan-European volunteer force fighting on the plains of Ukraine to protect Western civilization from Russian barbarism?

Neva been done befo!
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Russian Warship Docks in Havana!!!1! !

Breaking on Drudge!!!

FO TIME!

Omgwtfbbq....

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

During the Yugoslav wars the Croatian army was built on Hungarian weapons smuggling. They do not like Russians.
View Quote

What does that have to do with Russia?

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:57:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Barry's FO time ?
View Quote

Every president needs a war.
So far Barry has had a left-over war from the Bush presidency. He needs his own war.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:57:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wanna go.

Prior commitments.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quantity has a quality of its own...
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:58:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wanna go.

Waffen SS?
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:59:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I've got to work with them. Not all of their equipment is as good as ours, like the weapons lasers.

However, yes, they are very good. They train alot with Delta. Oh yeah, and they have no Geneva and Hague restrictions to abide by.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Georgians didn't have a bunch of Poles, Hungarians, and Romanians on their border with a history of arming anti-Russian separatist groups and nothing to lose in a post-American world.

From what I understand, GROM is near-peer with our own Special Forces.

I've got to work with them. Not all of their equipment is as good as ours, like the weapons lasers.

However, yes, they are very good. They train alot with Delta. Oh yeah, and they have no Geneva and Hague restrictions to abide by.

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:59:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Bosnia? What was that the '90s?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Russians will win against Ukraine but it will look like all their other bumble fuck military operations with lots of civilians killed more or less intentionally.  

If they had to go up against a competent military or deploy troops across blue water they would be slaughtered.
I guess you missed out on the goat screw that was deploying 1st Armored Division to Bosnia.  I didn't have a choice, and I was an Instructor at Fort Sill that got pulled to back fill slots, just to get the Division up to 75% strength.  

Oh, and the Russians don't mind sending their Troops into meat grinders, after all "One death is a tragedy, but a million deaths are nothing more than a statistic."

Bosnia? What was that the '90s?
Yup, I served thru a build up, the first Gulf War, and the drawdown.  You young bucks have no clue what is coming, have fun.

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:59:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

So far Barry has had a left-over war from the Bush presidency. He needs his own war.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Barry's FO time ?

While Obama is a POS, I doubt he orchestrated all this.

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:59:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

During the Yugoslav wars the Croatian army was built on Hungarian weapons smuggling. They do not like Russians.

Serb-dominated Yugoslavia during the late 1980s and early 1990s was a Russian ally.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:00:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Serb-dominated Yugoslavia during the late 1980s and early 1990s was a Russian ally.

No, not really.

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:00:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I guess you missed out on the goat screw that was deploying 1st Armored Division to Bosnia.  I didn't have a choice, and I was an Instructor at Fort Sill that got pulled to back fill slots, just to get the Division up to 75% strength.  

Oh, and the Russians don't mind sending their Troops into meat grinders, after all "One death is a tragedy, but a million deaths are nothing more than a statistic."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Russians will win against Ukraine but it will look like all their other bumble fuck military operations with lots of civilians killed more or less intentionally.  

If they had to go up against a competent military or deploy troops across blue water they would be slaughtered.

You don't think the Russians won't have the same problem?  They will have the problem(s) and it will be exponentially greater.  Multiply the cluster fuck you described by 100...that is the best case scenario for Russia's deployability.

Yeah that statistic worked in a Soviet and WW2 army...not so much with the size of the army they have now.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:00:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Russians can't even dream of pulling that anymore nor would the Russian public tolerate those levels of casualties.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:01:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Inb4 WW3
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

150k troops? Good. Logistics will fucking own them. Feeding them will murder them. 150k troops isn't what will win.
View Quote
Silly boy, do you think their leadership cares?  And they won't expect Pizza Hut, Starbucks and interwebz.

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:03:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Silly boy, do you think their leadership cares?  And they won't expect Pizza Hut, Starbucks and interwebz.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
150k troops? Good. Logistics will fucking own them. Feeding them will murder them. 150k troops isn't what will win.

I have no doubt one single fuck is given.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:15:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You don't think the Russians won't have the same problem?  They will have the problem(s) and it will be exponentially greater.  Multiply the cluster fuck you described by 100...that is the best case scenario for Russia's deployability.

Yeah that statistic worked in a Soviet and WW2 army...not so much with the size of the army they have now.
View Quote
I really don't know what the Russian Army's capabilities are right now.  I can only get bits of info from the internet, and we know all that has to be true.  But I compare our leaders, and well, enough said.  I hope nothing happens, and the people of Ukraine get to live in peace.  Buy I'm a pessimistic old bastard that doesn't trust Russians.

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:16:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Obama will draw a line in the sand.  When it is crossed, he will acts confused and stutter that he didn't mean that line.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:19:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Obama and his "Do Something Brigade" needs to just STFU.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:20:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I suspect that this is eventually going to boil down to the Yangs and the Comms.
View Quote

Nah.

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:21:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Obama will draw a line in the sand.  When it is crossed, he will acts confused and stutter that he didn't mean that line.
View Quote

Then, he could paint the line red.

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:22:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Maybe we can one up them and invade Mexico.
Cuba
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:23:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote

Herbert! Herbert! Herbert! Herbert!
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:24:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe we can one up them and invade Mexico.
Cuba

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I'm just hoping this leads to a "Spies Like Us" sequel.
View Quote

How about a rocky 4 part 2?
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:28:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Barry's FO time ?

You're talking about the guy who has recklessly fomented revolutions all around the middle east and several months ago was about to go to war in Syria over a manufactured atrocity. I don't think it's beyond the Obama administration to try and capitalize off of civil unrest in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:31:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Damn, I bet the Ukraine wishes they would have held on to all those Mosins, K98s, and ammo they surplused off to the US. They could have had a rifle behind every blade of grass too.

Now they got this to look forward to.

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Damn, I bet the Ukraine wishes they would have held on to all those Mosins, K98s, and ammo they surplused off to the US. They could have had a rifle behind every blade of grass too.

http://enciclopediaofwar.com/images/1943/Kursk%201943/russian%20tanks%20.jpg
View Quote

Infantry in front of tanks in open country.  Is that hard core or just surplus population attrition?
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote
On the bright side, they are pretty good at chucking Molotov's.

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:37:18 PM EDT
[#32]
As in Georgia, the decisiveness and no-fucks-given nature of the Russian leadership, from Putin down, will be more decisive that the number of troops. They are the exact opposite of our own “leadership” guided only by political correctness, and their opinion polls.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:40:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Infantry in front of tanks in open country.  Is that hard core or just surplus population attrition?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was during Kursk so I suspect the troops were riding on the tanks as they often did.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:40:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Both, and I think they told them the Germans stole their Vodka.

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:18:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Let's see why we think so little of the Russian military?

Chechnya 1.  A bunch of goat farmers stopped the Russian army cold and created catastrophic casualties.  That was with full mechanized and armor support.  

Chechnya 2. Same bunch of goat farmers still inflicted massive casualties when the Russians practiced a kill them all by bombing everything ROE.    

Georgia.  A tiny country still managed to bloody Russia's nose despite having outdated soviet equipment for the most part and facing the same liberal ROE..  

Russian logistics are a joke.  They had problems supplying their troops and they didn't even have to cross a freaking Ocean.  Their ROE is criminal and still don't have overwhelming victories.  

They may have 150,000 troops but where can they put them?  If history repeats itself they won't be able to put and supply a fraction of that force in a country that shares a land border with Russia.  Forget it if they ever had to cross blue water.  The professional NCO corp. is  joke.  Those are just some of the Reasons Russia's military is a joke.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't wait to see elite Russian troops in their tactical Adidas track pants and sneakers.
I find it amazing that people here think so little of the Russian Army.  For the past decade the US military has focused on COIN.  Without a doubt the US has the best trained Spec Ops, with the best equipment.  But you aren't going to send them to fight conventional forces.  And what has Putin been doing for the last decade?  I believe he has been rebuilding and modernizing the Russian Army.  So if the article is true, 150,000 troops mobilized, that's SIX divisions.  Where the fuck would we get six divisions from?  I don't believe it's a matter of we WON'T do anything, I believe we CAN'T do anything.  

Chechnya 1.  A bunch of goat farmers stopped the Russian army cold and created catastrophic casualties.  That was with full mechanized and armor support.  

Chechnya 2. Same bunch of goat farmers still inflicted massive casualties when the Russians practiced a kill them all by bombing everything ROE.    

Georgia.  A tiny country still managed to bloody Russia's nose despite having outdated soviet equipment for the most part and facing the same liberal ROE..  

Russian logistics are a joke.  They had problems supplying their troops and they didn't even have to cross a freaking Ocean.  Their ROE is criminal and still don't have overwhelming victories.  

They may have 150,000 troops but where can they put them?  If history repeats itself they won't be able to put and supply a fraction of that force in a country that shares a land border with Russia.  Forget it if they ever had to cross blue water.  The professional NCO corp. is  joke.  Those are just some of the Reasons Russia's military is a joke.

The Russian army is in better shape now than it was during the first Chechen invasion.  The first (and really, the second) invasion were done with cobbled together MKVD and cadre strength army units.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:21:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think they will have plenty AK74's and RPG's to go around.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:21:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except they are deploying in their back yards.  And unlike the Caucus, the Ukraine is relatively flat and developed.  Logistics won't be nearly the same problem.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:26:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Except they are deploying in their back yards.  And unlike the Caucus, the Ukraine is relatively flat and developed.  Logistics won't be nearly the same problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Ukrainian Army is more formidable then the Georgian one, not to mention they would be facing a serious insurgency in the areas they controlled...in W. Ukraine.  The Russians would be insane to invade Ukraine.  The worst I can envision is some Eastern Oblasts or the Crimea simply inviting them in. Not even the Russians are that stupid.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:29:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The Ukrainian Army is more formidable then the Georgian one, not to mention they would be facing a serious insurgency in the areas they controlled...in W. Ukraine.  The Russians would be insane to invade Ukraine.  The worst I can envision is some Eastern Oblasts or the Crimea simply inviting them in. Not even the Russians are that stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you mean they would be fighting an insurgency for a decade? nevabendonbefo
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:29:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The Russian army is in better shape now than it was during the first Chechen invasion.  The first (and really, the second) invasion were done with cobbled together MKVD and cadre strength army units.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't wait to see elite Russian troops in their tactical Adidas track pants and sneakers.
I find it amazing that people here think so little of the Russian Army.  For the past decade the US military has focused on COIN.  Without a doubt the US has the best trained Spec Ops, with the best equipment.  But you aren't going to send them to fight conventional forces.  And what has Putin been doing for the last decade?  I believe he has been rebuilding and modernizing the Russian Army.  So if the article is true, 150,000 troops mobilized, that's SIX divisions.  Where the fuck would we get six divisions from?  I don't believe it's a matter of we WON'T do anything, I believe we CAN'T do anything.  

Disagree as seen in their performance in Georgia.  The state of Russia military is "cobbled together".
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:29:48 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote

How many General Officers in the Ukrainian Army are Russian?

I would bet money Russia will not invade Ukraine and give very good odds but in any comparison the possibility of a divided Ukrainian military should be considered.

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:31:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Much larger forces will be need to take Ukraine.  Russia's logistical structure is going to have enormous issues supplying that many troops.  It will look like all their other bumble fucks in recent history.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:32:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If Chuck Hagel has his way, that is about 1/3 of our future military force, all services combined.  How can we allow such a draw down when these kinds of events keep happening?
View Quote

Stop being world's policeman?

Demonstrate to the rest of the world the value and meaning of the 2nd Amendment?

Show that every man a rifleman is a good idea?

Show that a rifle behind every blade of grass is a solid concept?

Not our fault if the rest of the world continues to live in ignorance.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:35:10 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well.... seeing as Special Ops is a force multiplier... the number doesn't mean shit.

Six divisions? Cool. Won't mean shit once drones and fighter aircraft control the skies, cruise missiles and stealth bombers strike your logistical support, JTACs coordinate attacks on your mobile forces, CCTs and Rangers setup airfields to bring in more supplies, Seabees establish forward bases, SEALs go after your leaders behind the lines, Special Forces train up local forces who know the land, etc. etc.

The US Military is nothing to be fucked with when its in full swing. No other force on this earth can match it, not even the mainly conscript Russian Armed Forces. They're a fucking joke to what our military can do. Do you need to be reminded on how we initially took Iraq? Twice? The coordination we have when dealing death is amazing.

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:35:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Barry's FO time ?

Not knowingly....but he damn sure set the table, poured the water and wine, cooked the meal and sent out invitations.

Putin knows he has two more years to do whatever the fuck he wants.
The freedom minded Ukranians little revolution, just presented him with a political justification to scratch Ukraine off his to do list.

It's going to be interesting to see how he plays it.

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:39:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Well.... seeing as Special Ops is a force multiplier... the number doesn't mean shit.

Six divisions? Cool. Won't mean shit once drones and fighter aircraft control the skies, cruise missiles and stealth bombers strike your logistical support, JTACs coordinate attacks on your mobile forces, CCTs and Rangers setup airfields to bring in more supplies, Seabees establish forward bases, SEALs go after your leaders behind the lines, Special Forces train up local forces who know the land, etc. etc.

The US Military is nothing to be fucked with when its in full swing. No other force on this earth can match it, not even the mainly conscript Russian Armed Forces. They're a fucking joke to what our military can do. Do you need to be reminded on how we initially took Iraq? Twice? The coordination we have when dealing death is amazing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The most amazing thing about all that, is that it was done across a fucking Ocean.  No one in the world can do that to their neighbors let alone across blue water.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:39:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Comparison between Oblasts and geography, with percentage of ethnic Russians:

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:51:13 PM EDT
[#48]
I don't know much about Eastern Europe, other than Ukrainians really don't like the Soviets...this could get interesting.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:52:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Ukraine has been Russian-controlled for centuries.  Russia has as much right to ensure Ukraine doesn't become host to hostile foreign powers as the United States would if Texas declared independence and tried to join a Chinese military alliance.  Washington would not permit that shit, but we seem to think that we can operate under our own set of rules.  

Ukraine isn't worth a single drop of American blood, and the fantasies about WWIII with Russia over it are just insane.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:57:24 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Ukraine has been Russian-controlled for centuries.  Russia has as much right to ensure Ukraine doesn't become host to hostile foreign powers as the United States would if Texas declared independence and tried to join a Chinese military alliance.  Washington would not permit that shit, but we seem to think that we can operate under our own set of rules.  

Ukraine isn't worth a single drop of American blood, and the fantasies about WWIII with Russia over it are just insane.
View Quote

fuck that I am ready

Page / 280
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top