BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 280
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So he has until 2017 to accomplish his land grab.

When Obama leaves office, Putin isn't going to have as much flexibility after the election.
View Quote

It is my fear that ISIS && Iran believe the same thing and will make a grab at Israel before 0bama leaves office.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:08:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

When Obama leaves office, Putin isn't going to have as much flexibility after the election.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So?

Russian President Vladimir Putin is not done in eastern Ukraine, NATO's top commander said on Thursday, cautioning that Russia has been building up supplies on its border with Ukraine and keeping its military options open.

U.S. General Philip Breedlove, NATO's supreme allied commander, said the border between Ukraine and Russia was "wide open," allowing free movement of equipment and supplies.

<snip> more in the article

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/25/us-ukraine-crisis-nato-idUSKBN0P51IU20150625?utm_source=Facebook

depends, the tards who make up the electorate might put Bernie in.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#3]
This one comes with a happy ending!

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Armor  assault gets repelled,local POW in rough shape is taken

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It is my fear that ISIS && Iran believe the same thing and will make a grab at Israel before 0bama leaves office.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ISIS and Iran are deep enemies.  They aren't going to cooperate and attack Israel.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 1:43:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/yTFj55u9Sgw
View Quote

Apparently the 'fast one' wasn't quite fast enough to outrun the mortar
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:37:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So?

Russian President Vladimir Putin is not done in eastern Ukraine, NATO's top commander said on Thursday, cautioning that Russia has been building up supplies on its border with Ukraine and keeping its military options open.

U.S. General Philip Breedlove, NATO's supreme allied commander, said the border between Ukraine and Russia was "wide open," allowing free movement of equipment and supplies.

<snip> more in the article

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/25/us-ukraine-crisis-nato-idUSKBN0P51IU20150625?utm_source=Facebook

If one of those progressive-liberals win, or even depending on a RINO, not so sure.  

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

Haven't watched. But I hope you mean, happy ending, as in DEAD RUSSIANS.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct, dead "separatist"
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:35:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I agree that Putin, Iran, ISIS, North Korea, whomever is out there and looking to do bad things will make a serious push before 2017, but I think they'll also push real hard into 2017 if certain people are elected to see what they can get away with.

Vice News did a GREAT season finale report on the Ukraine conflict. Vice News and the alternative press seem to be doing all the serious reporting while the main stream media is more focused on bullshit like Bristol Palin.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I agree that Putin, Iran, ISIS, North Korea, whomever is out there and looking to do bad things will make a serious push before 2017, but I think they'll also push real hard into 2017 if certain people are elected to see what they can get away with.

Vice News did a GREAT season finale report on the Ukraine conflict. Vice News and the alternative press seem to be doing all the serious reporting while the main stream media is more focused on bullshit like Bristol Palin.

View Quote

Many politicians, like that one squatting in the White House, are in those commies' payroll and so the mainstream media.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Dnipro-1, one of Ukraine’s many pro-government volunteer regiments, today released a video compiling drone footage of a Russian military camp just south of the village of Sontsevo in the Donetsk region.

Two drone flights were made over the same area, two weeks apart. Over that time, the camp grew from a small collection of tents and engineering vehicles into a fully-fledged forward operating base (FOB), complete with tanks, communications equipment, personnel quarters and even new roads

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/06/30/apparent-russian-base-found-in-ukraine.html
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:45:03 AM EDT
[#13]
The Russian AG is supposedly investigating the legality of the USSR recognizing the legality of recognizing the independence of the Batics. I am going to LMAO when they trot out the Molotov Ribbentrop Pact as grounds for owing them.

As for the buildup,it may mean an offensive is in the works but more likely they're absolutely insuring that Donbass remains a "frozen conflict" that precludes EU and NATO entry as  Ukraine is bookended with these situations. I think this is mostly a face saving gesture: I don't think Putin figured Ukraine would fight at all after handing over Crimea and of course it's impossible for him to back down. It's certainly cost more than it's worth,the mines in Donbass aren't going to pay the tab for this adventure and Crimea effectively has no economy right now,it's going to be a while before that bridge at Kerch gets built,maybe open in 5 years so those looking for immediate handouts may be sad pandas.

I think something that a Russian said about Sochi might sum it up "all the money spent on it was going to get stolen anyway so good they actually built something". Maybe a few thousand dead war heroes is worth it to them in national pride,perhaps they'll get concrete statues at some point.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:23:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The Russian AG is supposedly investigating the legality of the USSR recognizing the legality of recognizing the independence of the Batics. I am going to LMAO when they trot out the Molotov Ribbentrop Pact as grounds for owing them.

As for the buildup,it may mean an offensive is in the works but more likely they're absolutely insuring that Donbass remains a "frozen conflict" that precludes EU and NATO entry as  Ukraine is bookended with these situations. I think this is mostly a face saving gesture: I don't think Putin figured Ukraine would fight at all after handing over Crimea and of course it's impossible for him to back down. It's certainly cost more than it's worth,the mines in Donbass aren't going to pay the tab for this adventure and Crimea effectively has no economy right now,it's going to be a while before that bridge at Kerch gets built,maybe open in 5 years so those looking for immediate handouts may be sad pandas.

I think something that a Russian said about Sochi might sum it up "all the money spent on it was going to get stolen anyway so good they actually built something". Maybe a few thousand dead war heroes is worth it to them in national pride,perhaps they'll get concrete statues at some point.
View Quote

I hear the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact isn't a terribly popular subject to Russians, lol.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:34:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Putin uses Kadyrov's guys in Ukraine,Chechens opposed to Kadyrov go there to fight them. I still say their plan to keep Chechnya calm with more religion is going to backfire one day. All of their eggs are in one basket and if their pet psychopath overdoses or wrecks his Lamborghini it's all going to come unglued.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Putin uses Kadyrov's guys in Ukraine,Chechens opposed to Kadyrov go there to fight them. I still say their plan to keep Chechnya calm with more religion is going to backfire one day. All of their eggs are in one basket and if their pet psychopath overdoses or wrecks his Lamborghini it's all going to come unglued.
View Quote

True, but the ones opposed to Kadyrov tend to be the LOL KILL INFIDELS type.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#18]

The Chechens, by all accounts, are valuable soldiers. Ukrainian commanders lionize their skills as scouts and snipers, saying they slip into no-man’s land to patrol and skirmish.

The Chechens are also renowned for their deft ambushes and raids. In the Chechen wars, insurgents had a policy of killing officers and contract soldiers who were taken prisoner, but conscripted soldiers were spared.

In Ukraine, the Chechens’ calls of “Allahu akbar,” or “God is great,” are said to strike fear in the hearts of the Russians.

In the interview, the Chechen commander said his men liked to fight with little protective gear. “This is the way we look at it,” he said. “We believe in God, so we don’t need armored vests.”

In the interview at the restaurant, a steakhouse and favorite haunt of Right Sector, the Chechen said he was about 45, had fought against Russia in both Chechen wars and had seen a good deal of violence. When he talks about combat, his eyes grow dark and inscrutable.

For the Ukrainians, the decision to quietly open the front to figures like the Chechen — who are making their way here from Europe and Central Asia — has brought some battle-hardened men to their side. The Chechen had been living in France, and he founded the Chechen battalions last fall along with Isa Musayev, an émigré from Chechnya who had been living in Denmark.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 6:26:59 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm reading the electricity to Donbass has been shut off due to non-payment. There is speculation that Putin may be pulling support. Also noted were seperatist pulling back from the outskirts of mariupol. I'd cite this but I read it on a RU website earlier and unfortunately can't remember the website
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Russia is seeing considerable capital flight right now and many who made a load don't think it will ever be possible to make it back in Russia so much of it likely isn't coming back. There are things like new Ferraris with $100k knocked off the price in Moscow and megamansions in Putin and Medvedev's neighborhood on the block with tens of millions off their price tag as their owners have taken their money and run to Paris,London and even Tallinn (not locals supporting the new Lamborghini dealership...) and Riga. The sanctions have been quite mild but cheap oil is certainly hurting.
The thing is,the nationalism "we all need to suffer so America doesn't win" propaganda works on those without means to leave.

Putin certainly isn't the kind of guy to admit that he overplayed his hand but the Russian economy is in no position to suck up meaningful sanctions and pressure so anything to provoke them wouldn't be wise right now,especially  as it's looking less likely that China's oil demand will stay as strong as he hoped.

Of course there remains the risk of him saying " F it,in for a kopeck,in for a ruble" and use everything they've got at once,in hopes that Greece has the EU sufficiently occupied. I would not be incredibly too surprised if something along the lines of Russia pulling out of Donbass in exchange for Ukraine agreeing that Crimea being given the status of autonomous republic got floated. Undoubtedly the Ukrainian far right would never allow Poroschenko to agree to such a thing peaceably. As is,I don't reckon the status quo is quite worth it to anyone.

The whole thing is fucking absurd. The Ukrainians have got the shitty end of the stick pretty much forever and this all came about simply from people having enough of it. In the east you're seeing many POWs interviewed saying that the only reason they're fighting is because the mines are closed and they need money so the poor bastards are getting shot up not out of ideology but for a paycheck. That does make me wonder what a Russian in Donbass' life is worth to Russia,$100 if they last a month? That Vlad,he's cold hearted like that.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 8:51:02 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Wonder if that means they aren't going for the land-bridge?
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#23]
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33503364

Barracks collapse, 23 dead. Perhaps they should spent the construction dollars on building repair. Owell, only conscripts were killed
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 8:17:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I doubt the $$$$  is going to be used to build a bridge.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 8:38:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There will be a bridge (if they want to build one). The quality of said bridge will be...interesting.

There will also be a few dozen dachas, several Ferraris, a private Greek island, etc.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#26]
The bridge had been in planning for decades and actually there was one temporarily in the late 40s that was built from materials the Germans left from one of Albert Speer's projects. Silly trivia but the movie Cross of Iron is set on the Taman Penninsula,the right hand side.

The graft,kickbacks and corruption will certainly make Boston's Big Dig look like the height of transparent efficiency for sure. Of course there is the question of if the bridge will even do anything to the flat Crimean economy as afterall,Sochi still hasn't become the new Crimea Russia was hoping for. I guess they'll have to spend many more billions in Sevastopol since they already played "let's rebuild the port of Novorossiysk" to make them happy. Poor Vlad might have to open his own wallet...nah,ain't gonna happen.

Meanwhile,Russia now owns a couple hundred more meters of Georgia so they can into pipeline

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/14/georgia-accuses-russia-of-violating-international-law-over-south-ossetia

ETA: there are Marines in Georgia training right now,the message is clear.

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:40:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Russia Today's narrative of MH17 a year on: shot down with an Israeli Python AAM.They had to find a way to say the Jews did it.

Sputnik's: It's still unknown what happened but if it was rebels Russian radar would have seen it and it saw nothing.

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:49:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Russia Today's narrative of MH17 a year on: shot down with an Israeli Python AAM.They had to find a way to say the Jews did it.

Sputnik's: It's still unknown what happened but if it was rebels Russian radar would have seen it and it saw nothing.

View Quote

In the western media, it was referred to as the anniversary of the MH17 "crash".

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

In the western media, it was referred to as the anniversary of the MH17 "crash".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It didn't crash?

There is no debate over the fact that it crashed, and the fact that the crash was caused by a missile.

The debate is over whose missile it was.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 10:43:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It didn't crash?

There is no debate over the fact that it crashed, and the fact that the crash was caused by a missile.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It didn't crash?

Normally when an aircraft is shot down, you say it was shot down.

It's like a HMMV getting hit with an EFP and referring to the incident as a vehicle accident.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It's like a HMMV getting hit with an EFP and referring to the incident as a vehicle accident.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It didn't crash?

The "shoot down" site?

The anniversary of the "shoot down?"
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:31:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Terrible loss of life.

The blame of course rests solely on the actors who fired the missile, but I would hope that in the future commercial aircraft will avoid flying over active war zones.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:35:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The "shoot down" site?

View Quote

I'm merely commenting on the lack of emphasis.

You and I know what happened, but the average person gets their info from that 15 second headline that says, "Anniversary of MH17 crash."

If it was up to me, it would say, "Anniversary of Russian attack on MH17 in Ukrainian airspace, killing 298."
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:41:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You and I know what happened, but the average person gets their info from that 15 second headline that says, "Anniversary of MH17 crash."

If it was up to me, it would say, "Anniversary of Russian attack on MH17 in Ukrainian airspace, killing 298."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The "shoot down" site?

Well, NPR seems to have addressed such sensitivities.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/07/17/423808662/a-year-after-mh17-shot-down-kremlin-rebuffs-call-for-tribunal

But, I'm not aware of any such an incident where the crash wasn't called a crash.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/07/17/423808662/a-year-after-mh17-shot-down-kremlin-rebuffs-call-for-tribunal

But, I'm not aware of any such an incident where the crash wasn't called a crash.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The "shoot down" site?

This morning in the gym 0410 local time, CNN had a 15 second blurb about it where they passed on the opportunity to flame Russia.

I don't watch TV, so my exposure is limited.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:19:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This morning in the gym 0410 local time, CNN had a 15 second blurb about it where they passed on the opportunity to flame Russia.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The "shoot down" site?

You used a 15 second blurb on TV to confidently assert how the "western media" was characterizing the thing?

FWIW, I just did a look-see throughout the 'net and most of the major English language western news sources.

Reuters: Ukraine points finger at Russia as families mark downing of MH17

AP has run two articles I could find:

16 July: A year on, Ukrainian villagers recall horrors of MH17 crash

17 July: Ukrainians, Australian kin mark year since MH17 downing

Interestingly, the latter seems to have been quite popular:

Yahoo News: Dutch, Ukrainians, Australians mark year since MH17 downing

Fox News: Ukrainians, Australians mark anniversary of MH17 downing

ABC News: Dutch, Ukrainians, Australians Mark Year Since MH17 Downing

The New York Times even ran with it: Dutch, Ukrainians, Australians Mark Year Since MH17 Downing

I'm stil not bothered by "crash" in the least, and find it funny how oddly word some of this stuff is to avoid using it. Perhaps people were trying to avoid rustles jimmies.

There's also a chance the older AP article had plenty of coverage as well, and it was a day older and thus harder to fund on google.

I do like "downing" though. I think I'll start to use it.

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You used a 15 second blurb on TV to confidently assert how the "western media" was characterizing the thing?

View Quote

Correct.

It was the only mainstream coverage I saw by a major western media source.

I found the lack of emphasis on it being shot down, and no mention of the murdered victims, unusual.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:25:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Squatting in that majestic pose, as only Slavs can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't wait to see elite Russian troops in their tactical Adidas track pants and sneakers.

Squatting in that majestic pose, as only Slavs can.

no, they've adopted the Confederate Hunker...
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 3:31:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#42]
The big separatists offensives have not really materialized.  I think the big moves are pretty much over, and will now settle into a Georgia type situation.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The big separatists offensives have not really materialized.  I think the big moves are pretty much over, and will now settle into a Georgia type situation.
View Quote

It looks like it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:46:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Joint US and Ukraine led military exercises continue.

More than 1,800 troops from 18 different countries are taking part in a second week of US and Ukrainian-led military exercises in western Ukraine.

Russia has called the event a "provocation". However, American officials insist the multi-national training event in Ukraine is not a response to the conflict in the east of the country.

<snip>

View Quote

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33665705

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:09:55 PM EDT
[#45]
looking at the videos makes me wonder if scoped bolt actions aren't always a good investment...and helmets and night vision and body armor...how do they avoid havin their comms triangulated and mortars dropping right on their heads?.

it looks like every world war movie though: people hiding in trenches or bunkers, towns in ruins...
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:10:09 PM EDT
[#46]
http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-07-20/ukrainians-suspect-obama-putin-cooperation?cmpid=yhoo

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 12:54:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-07-20/ukrainians-suspect-obama-putin-cooperation?cmpid=yhoo

View Quote

Heh. One would think the Ukies would see Nuland as a grim harbinger of chaos by now.

Still, looks like a deal was made.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 5:34:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Heh. One would think the Ukies would see Nuland as a grim harbinger of chaos by now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

perhaps you could warn them if only you spoke hovitos
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 5:11:01 PM EDT
[#49]
...and Oil just dropped below $48 a barrel.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 5:13:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
...and Oil just dropped below $48 a barrel.
View Quote

Ruble is of stronk. No needing jew dollar. Union of yuan and ruble is of heaven match.
Page / 280
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top