BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 280
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:19:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Holy shit. This was fucking ridiculous even by your standards.

The "Separatists" were getting their asses handed to them until the Russians sent multiple brigades of troops and heavy equipment to bail them out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure if this has already been posted but it is an interactive map, showing the current front lines and recent events denoted by markers. Taken in totality the whole region looks much more ominous when you see everything laid out like that. It looks like there have been some rebel attacks in the north near Kharkiv recently. http://liveuamap.com/e/2014/8-september-the-explosion-at-high-voltage-power-line-pillar?ll=49.2981318418426;33.37081452343749&zoom=7

A recent heavy influx of overt and covert Russian support has definitely had a negative impact. The UA has really taken a beating after once having the criminals on the ropes.

They never really had them on the ropes. Once the Uks decided to present a real challenge to the Seps they took an inventory of what they had to work with, and decided to pull back to the Russian boarder leaving the cities ungarrisoned. The Uks swept in got overconfident and walked right into the trap. Classic steppes folk envelopement.  Folks like you and Crassus err umm I mean Cincinnatus fell right for it.

Holy shit. This was fucking ridiculous even by your standards.

The "Separatists" were getting their asses handed to them until the Russians sent multiple brigades of troops and heavy equipment to bail them out.

It is posts like that why I don't believe the protests of not being pro-Russian...just simply non-interventionist and the like.  He is a die hard Russia fan and wants it to succeed, even at the expense of everything else. Russia can do no wrong and is their savior.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:32:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

LULZ, I guess that is why the Russians had to bring in all that new support.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure if this has already been posted but it is an interactive map, showing the current front lines and recent events denoted by markers. Taken in totality the whole region looks much more ominous when you see everything laid out like that. It looks like there have been some rebel attacks in the north near Kharkiv recently. http://liveuamap.com/e/2014/8-september-the-explosion-at-high-voltage-power-line-pillar?ll=49.2981318418426;33.37081452343749&zoom=7

A recent heavy influx of overt and covert Russian support has definitely had a negative impact. The UA has really taken a beating after once having the criminals on the ropes.

They never really had them on the ropes. Once the Uks decided to present a real challenge to the Seps they took an inventory of what they had to work with, and decided to pull back to the Russian boarder leaving the cities ungarrisoned. The Uks swept in got overconfident and walked right into the trap. Classic steppes folk envelopement.  Folks like you and Crassus err umm I mean Cincinnatus fell right for it.

This is what folks who lack tactics like yourself don't realize THEY HAD THIS PLAN TWO MOVES AHEAD if not always. I was suspicious when they left the cities without a fight even posted how the fortifications looked too intact. You think the Russians just conjured up all this shit? They were never going to take donetsk and it got a whole bunch of good Uks killed. Now they have the east in their palms and you are none the wiser.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:46:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This is what folks who lack tactics like yourself don't realize THEY HAD THIS PLAN TWO MOVES AHEAD if not always. I was suspicious when they left the cities without a fight even posted how the fortifications looked too intact. You think the Russians just conjured up all this shit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what folks who lack tactics like yourself don't realize THEY HAD THIS PLAN TWO MOVES AHEAD if not always. I was suspicious when they left the cities without a fight even posted how the fortifications looked too intact. You think the Russians just conjured up all this shit?

What kind of retarded question is that?

The "Separatists" plan was to beg Russia to save them. Russia did with massive support. The end.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 3:07:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This is what folks who lack tactics like yourself don't realize THEY HAD THIS PLAN TWO MOVES AHEAD if not always. I was suspicious when they left the cities without a fight even posted how the fortifications looked too intact. You think the Russians just conjured up all this shit? They were never going to take donetsk and it got a whole bunch of good Uks killed. Now they have the east in their palms and you are none the wiser.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, we get it.....those Russian separatists mobsters and extortionists are tactical geniuses.  It was all part of the plan....I can see it now.  

Yes, they did...that is why tacit and piecemeal support had to turn into overt support...which was not in Putin's interest.  He was much better off being able to at least have some convolution and plausible deniability .  Holy fuck, you're so far up Russia's ass that you must survive on Vodka farts for air.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 3:13:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Dude, we get it.....those Russian separatists mobsters and extortionists are tactical geniuses.  It was all part of the plan....I can see it now.  

Yes, they did...that is why tacit and piecemeal support had to turn into overt support...which was not in Putin's interest.  He was much better off being able to at least have some convolution and plausible deniability .  Holy fuck, you're so far up Russia's ass that you must survive on Vodka farts for air.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[Insert golf clap pic here]
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 3:23:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The "Separatists" plan was to beg Russia to save them. Russia did with massive support. The end.
View Quote

Here you are thinking the Seps and the Russian command are two seperate camps and all that equipment plus the people who run just appear instantaneously.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 3:28:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He didn't have much plausible deniability after Crimea. It was just to keep the war at a slow burn until either the Uks backed off or went with option 2 which is getting a whoopn.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 4:08:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Here you are thinking the Seps and the Russian command are two seperate camps and all that equipment plus the people who run just appear instantaneously.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No,  I'm not. I am fully aware the "Separatists" were fully a Russian creation. I always put "Separatists" in quotes, if you noticed, because they are synonymous with the Russians.

It was an insurgency composed of Russian SOF, GRU, and a sprinkling of Russian nationals living in Ukraine.

When the insurgency designed to destabilize Ukraine was starting to fail, Russian SOF and other insurgent forces begged Moscow to cut the pretense of not being involved and give massive support.

From start to finish, Russia has been responsible, and its planning has sucked all along the way. They never expected the Ukrainians to put up such a fight.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 6:15:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How's the coffee at Rosemont? As good as the Kool aid you've been drinking?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
BTW I'm not painting Pro Big O on anyone but perhaps pro Biden/Kerry as they have been more active in the conflict.

The only people who see this as a "pro-Biden/Kerry" are people who believe Russian propaganda.  That's you, by the way.

How's the coffee at Rosemont? As good as the Kool aid you've been drinking?

You dutifully regurgitate Kremlin propaganda, and refer to those who don't accept the lies as "Kool-aid" drinkers.

I suppose that's part of the job of the useful idiot.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 6:16:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 6:19:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 6:24:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The disorganized mob of Russian mercenaries with their SPETsNAZ and GRU helpers were capable of partisan fighting and small attacks.  However, even with tanks and artillery, they could not conduct combined arms, maneuver warfare; it's beyond their abilitity.  So Russia sent in multiple, regular armored and airborne battalions, and anti-air to deny Ukraine the sky.  No magic tactics or strategy; just Russia sending in the army.

If you are now claiming to have discovered Russia's brilliant strategy of destabilizing a nation and then invading...

...welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 6:48:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Now Ukraine has to fight the Parthians too?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Folks like you and Crassus err umm I mean Cincinnatus fell right for it.

Now Ukraine has to fight the Parthians too?

Only after the Gladiator revolt but yeah. Ace I am not dissapoint.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 6:58:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:02:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You dutifully regurgitate Kremlin propaganda, and refer to those who don't accept the lies as "Kool-aid" drinkers...
View Quote

The Russian word for 'irony' is 'ironiya'.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:00:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You dutifully regurgitate Kremlin propaganda, and refer to those who don't accept the lies as "Kool-aid" drinkers...

There is nothing even slightly ironic about you speaking Russian.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:09:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So in about 150 years is Ukraine going to capture and burn Moscow?

Or will you figure out what nonsense it is comparing Parthians fighting a Roman's pride to Russia's underhandedly attacking their neighbor.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only after the Gladiator revolt but yeah. Ace I am not dissapoint.

So in about 150 years is Ukraine going to capture and burn Moscow?

Or will you figure out what nonsense it is comparing Parthians fighting a Roman's pride to Russia's underhandedly attacking their neighbor.

I guess you will have to wait 150 years to find out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please come clean.  You have been kidding the entire time and have been posting increasingly provocative and senseless BS just to see how long it would take someone to call you out, right?  You have jumped the shark man.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 4:46:31 PM EDT
[#20]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eezq7ZVIeVA

Russians testing anti-ship missiles now in Crimea during our joint exercises.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:43:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Propaganda mill is getting sloppy again.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:48:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bwqc_1UIQAAR6EQ.jpg:large

View Quote

Would be a cool game.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 1:56:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Would be a cool game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would be a cool game.

A game where you have to wrench on T-80s all the way across Western Europe sounds like tons of fun.

At what prestige level can you get a track suit? Strengthened T-Cells?
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:01:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

A game where you have to wrench on T-80s all the way across Western Europe sounds like tons of fun.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would be a cool game.

At the third prestige you don't have to deal with the dedovshchina anymore.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:08:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Excuse my lack of knowledge, but why is Estonia now in the cross hairs of Russia?
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:13:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would be a cool game.

Tracksuit games are great!
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:14:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Excuse my lack of knowledge, but why is Estonia now in the cross hairs of Russia?
View Quote

Well obviously, a country with the size and capabilities of Estonia is an existential threat to Russia.  Russia has to defend itself against Esti's aggression!
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:17:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would be a cool game.

I'd play a game with customizable tracksuit pants in a heartbeat.  I was under the impression that one of the Battlefield games let you do that, but I might be wrong.

A tracksuit should add a +2 to ball movement and a +1 to vodka resistance.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:53:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'd play a game with customizable tracksuit pants in a heartbeat.  I was under the impression that one of the Battlefield games let you do that, but I might be wrong.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would be a cool game.

It does to me. Off to eBay.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:37:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because the Russians think they are low hanging fruit that can be used to test NATO's resolve.

Moscow has always been butthurt because the Baltic States told them to get bent.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:58:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
...I'd play a game with customizable tracksuit pants in a heartbeat...
View Quote

GTA 4. Niko Bellic is the Every-Slav. Speaks a mish-mash of various Slavic languages, and can customize his track suit outfits as he sees fit.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 7:02:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Masterful work, that. I especially like the Chinese Type 99 tank.

Probably the new desktop background for a few folks, though.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 7:03:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Well obviously, a country with the size and capabilities of Estonia is an existential threat to Russia.  Russia has to defend itself against Esti's aggression!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Russia did some math and figured out that they are outnumbered by a million Estonians who want nothing more than to conquer Siberia.

In short,Russians are paranoid dicks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 7:10:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Estonia looked at Russia the wrong way
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 7:27:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

GTA 4. Niko Bellic is the Every-Slav. Speaks a mish-mash of various Slavic languages, and can customize his track suit outfits as he sees fit.

http://i60.tinypic.com/fz9i8k.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great game, but I thought Niko & cousin Roman were Serbian?

On a side note, I love track suits.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 7:58:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They never quite say it, but I presumed they were. "Not Russian' is the only solid clue we get. I can understand about 80% of what they say, so its mostly Serbo-Croatian, but there is some what I guess is Polish or similiar thrown in there too.

Either way, pretty much the only Slavic game character of note we get, so enjoy!
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:49:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This. Russia did some math and figured out that they are outnumbered by a million Estonians who want nothing more than to conquer Siberia.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, just increasingly nationalist, revanchist dicks.  I don't believe for a second they believe their own rhetoric about being threatend by NATO or anyone else. It's just words meant to see how we react, and when germany or others pushed to have us hari kiri in contrition, it just emboldens them further.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a Chicom Type 98, not a Russkie T-90
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:10:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:29:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

No, just increasingly nationalist, revanchist dicks.  I don't believe for a second they believe their own rhetoric about being threatend by NATO or anyone else. It's just words meant to see how we react, and when germany or others pushed to have us hari kiri in contrition, it just emboldens them further.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/70/Russophone_population_in_Estonia.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/70/Russophone_population_in_Estonia.png

Yes and those Russians in Narva didn't displace any Estonians but rather need protection from Russophobe fascist Balts who keep them poor,drunk and filled with AIDS because Estonians are racist  and mean.

Thankfully,younger people are more interested in Estonian citizenship,being at least bi and in many cases tri-lingual etc. There are however older folks who never wanted to be Estonian by identity and would love to have the USSR back,along with a portion of younger people who believe the BS about how much more fair and good everything used to be.They are only a percentage but that is all Putin really needs to be provocative.
Why don't they just move to Russia with their new passport? FSA benefits are better in Eesti than Venemaa...
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 10:00:08 AM EDT
[#42]
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-29140593

...Ukraine's president says he will grant more autonomy to separatists in the east to keep the country together.

Petro Poroshenko said the current ceasefire had changed the situation "drastically", despite reports that rebels had captured another town...

...Mr Poroshenko and Russian President Vladimir Putin spoke by phone on Tuesday and said they were satisfied with how it was holding, a Kremlin official said on Wednesday...
View Quote

Bit different than the 'Ceasefire was over before it started' one hears from the hashtag news agencies. Curious, that. Time will tell who's right.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The media is happy to swallow the President's lies.

http://shadow.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2014/09/04/white_house_islamic_state_truth_questions
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The news media has been MIA on this whole situation. Sure, there was good coverage immediately following the Crimea seizure. But since then, the coverage has been woefully inadequate. Even Fox News is failing to cover this story to the degree coverage is warranted. All the news programs are willing to talk about ISIS in-depth. But they simply gloss over the Russia/Ukraine situation, if they mention it at all. To me, this situation is worthy of more national media attention. Had the old Soviet Union invaded another nation in this manner, this shit would have been the top story in the national media. In fact, it would have been deemed a "crisis" by the old rules. But now? Hell, this situation is taking a back seat to ISIS, Ebola, and about a dozen other topics.

The media is happy to swallow the President's lies.

http://shadow.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2014/09/04/white_house_islamic_state_truth_questions

NPR ran a story this morning about the 'shocking rise' of anti-Muslim crimes.  Secifically, people targetting Sikhs and others (including middle eastern people) in America because they were believed to be Muslim.  This rise in religious based targeting has increased since 2001.

Since 2001 there have been ONE HUNDRED FIFTY documented cases of targeted crimes based upon this anti-Muslim sentiment.  Muslims feel targeted because of their religion.

I am surprised I have not shot my radio.

150/13 = 11 cases per fucking year.  

The media is so far in the tank for Obama that I am not sure how they can even keep a straight face.

TRG
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 10:56:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Have we discussed the recent "Fuck You, America" delivered by Russia?

Obama speaks in Estonia and promises more support, two days later Estonia has a top ranking official 'kidnapped' and accused of spying?

At this point, I doubt any more visits from Obama will occur.

TRG
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:18:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Obama speaks in Estonia and promises more support, two days later Estonia has a top ranking official 'kidnapped' and accused of spying?

TRG
View Quote

Not sure if in this thread, but that seemed a clear move to "remind" Estonia that the US could not protect them.  It was the international version of when some mob heavy scares the wife of the star witness.

FWIW, what's the scuttlebutt in Kazan these days?  Anyone talking politics anymore?  The few Russian "friends" I have on facebook went through March and April sounding like MikeEIB and his buddies here, and have since gone to either radio silence or just limited themselves to funny videos and photos.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Not sure if in this thread, but that seemed a clear move to "remind" Estonia that the US could not protect them.  It was the international version of when some mob heavy scares the wife of the star witness.

FWIW, what's the scuttlebutt in Kazan these days?  Anyone talking politics anymore?  The few Russian "friends" I have on facebook went through March and April sounding like MikeEIB and his buddies here, and have since gone to either radio silence or just limited themselves to funny videos and photos.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG

Dunno, my BIL landed here three weeks ago from Kazan.  He's been busy with school (freshman year) and I am not sure if he has any meaningful information to give.  He's not much for political intrigue.

As for my in-laws over there, have not heard from them directly.  Most communication with my MIL is about BIL's schooling.

TRG
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

They never quite say it, but I presumed they were. "Not Russian' is the only solid clue we get. I can understand about 80% of what they say, so its mostly Serbo-Croatian, but there is some what I guess is Polish or similiar thrown in there too.

Either way, pretty much the only Slavic game character of note we get, so enjoy!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is a Serb and based on the guy from the movie behind enemy lines.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#49]

Odd that RT, an outlet that epitomizes the very definition of journalistic integrity, would link to the AI report discussing only separatist malfeasance and completely ignore this one which shows a less myopic viewpoint of the entire conflict.

Not by any means defending the Aidar assholes, but according to my timeline, they weren't abducting Russian supporters before the Russians invaded.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:29:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Canadian Navy – NATO Ship in Black Sea Buzzed By Russian Planes, Russia Disputes Account
Posted on September 11, 2014
- USNI News – The Canadian Navy frigate HMCS Toronto (FFH-333) was overflown by three Russian planes — two fighters and a surveillance aircraft — on Sunday, according to a Monday statement from Canadian Defence Minister Rob Nicholson. “While the Russian military aircraft that circled the HMCS Toronto did not in any way pose a threat to the Canadian ship, their actions were unnecessarily provocative and risk escalating tensions even further,”
View Quote

http://nosi.org/2014/09/11/canadian-navy-nato-ship-in-black-sea-buzzed-by-russian-planes-russia-disputes-account/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Page / 280
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top