BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:34:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not familiar with the 40K canon, but I do have a question...............what purpose do the scrolls and ribbons affixed with red seals on the armor?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:38:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not familiar with the 40K canon, but I do have a question...............what purpose do the scrolls and ribbons affixed with red seals on the armor?
View Quote

Pretty much it is like awards.  Seals of Purity to signify those that are willing and able to best display the will of the Emperor.  

From the wiki as the best explanation.  

Relics and Insignia - Strapped to the left shoulder plate are two engraved skulls. These are sacred relics which may belong to former owners of the armour or to fellow squad members of this Space Marine who were killed in battle. They may also be the skulls of worthy foes that this Astartes now carries as trophies of his victory. Many such sub-cults exist throughout the Space Marine Chapters, with each following its own rituals and traditions, often inherited from the culture of the Chapter's primary recruitment world. These relics will be gifts from the company Chaplain, rewards for exceptional dedication or bravery in battle. The plastron chest eagle or Aquila is worn as the symbol of this Space Marine's loyalty to the Emperor of Mankind. Aquilas are commonly worn on the chest plates of all Space Marines since the Horus Heresy, when the Emperor decreed that this honour was now available to all of the Space Marines who had remained loyal to the Imperium rather than just to the Astartes of the corrupted Emperor's Children Legion, who had joined Horus in his rebellion. The Chapter badge is commonly worn on the left shoulder plate and is sometimes repeated on the right knee-plate. The right shoulder plate commonly bears the Astartes' squad designation markings (a large arrow in the case of a Tactical Squad) and the squad number in Roman numerals. Underneath this is a name scroll. This personal cloth scroll bears the Space Marine's name, and like all the non-Codex-approved additions to this armour, will have been donated by the company Chaplain to reinforce the Space Marine's faith and morale. As a Veteran, this Space Marine bears his own personal heraldry; a shield pinned to the right shoulder plate, bearing the symbol of a sun. The meaning of this is unknown, but it may hark back to a time before this Space Marine was recruited. Finally, this Astartes' Bolter bears twelve kill markings scored onto the weapon's case, probably earned on previous missions.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Armour
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.............that explains it

Quoted:

Relics and Insignia - Strapped to the left shoulder plate are two engraved skulls. These are sacred relics which may belong to former owners of the armour or to fellow squad members of this Space Marine who were killed in battle. They may also be the skulls of worthy foes that this Astartes now carries as trophies of his victory. Many such sub-cults exist throughout the Space Marine Chapters, with each following its own rituals and traditions, often inherited from the culture of the Chapter's primary recruitment world. These relics will be gifts from the company Chaplain, rewards for exceptional dedication or bravery in battle. The plastron chest eagle or Aquila is worn as the symbol of this Space Marine's loyalty to the Emperor of Mankind. Aquilas are commonly worn on the chest plates of all Space Marines since the Horus Heresy, when the Emperor decreed that this honour was now available to all of the Space Marines who had remained loyal to the Imperium rather than just to the Astartes of the corrupted Emperor's Children Legion, who had joined Horus in his rebellion. The Chapter badge is commonly worn on the left shoulder plate and is sometimes repeated on the right knee-plate. The right shoulder plate commonly bears the Astartes' squad designation markings (a large arrow in the case of a Tactical Squad) and the squad number in Roman numerals. Underneath this is a name scroll. This personal cloth scroll bears the Space Marine's name, and like all the non-Codex-approved additions to this armour, will have been donated by the company Chaplain to reinforce the Space Marine's faith and morale. As a Veteran, this Space Marine bears his own personal heraldry; a shield pinned to the right shoulder plate, bearing the symbol of a sun. The meaning of this is unknown, but it may hark back to a time before this Space Marine was recruited. Finally, this Astartes' Bolter bears twelve kill markings scored onto the weapon's case, probably earned on previous missions.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:48:48 PM EDT
[#6]
from my favorite Space Marine chapter

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Those God Damned useless flashlights...

If I had the time and the money, Imperial Guard would definitely be an army I'd want to build.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:06:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:24:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:56:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:41:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Fuck yeah, Legion of the Damned.

View All Quotes

They are Chaos Beasts. A righteous and devout follower of the God-Emperor would not openly praise them, lest not while agents of the Inquisition may be around. Heap your praise upon the Emperor Himself, and his saints as dictated by the Ecclesiarchy, instead of those foul manifestations of the Enemy.

Blood For the Blood God.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:25:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They are Chaos Beasts. A righteous and devout follower of the God-Emperor would not openly praise them, lest not while agents of the Inquisition may be around. Heap your praise upon the Emperor Himself, and his saints as dictated by the Ecclesiarchy, instead of those foul manifestations of the Enemy.

Blood For the Blood God.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Blood For the Blood God.

The Russ laughs at your blood god.

There are no wolves on Fenris

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:47:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120215193339/warhammer40k/images/2/2f/Leman_Russ_-_Prospero2.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blood For the Blood God.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120215193339/warhammer40k/images/2/2f/Leman_Russ_-_Prospero2.jpg

My Blood God? Surely you must jest. I am as pious as any of the Emperor's subjects as you might find, sir.

Skulls for the Skull Throne.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:20:09 PM EDT
[#14]
my bad if I repost something.

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 9:59:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:39:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:42:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Hey RMP I just recently got this from amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1849702160/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Really nice book.  It went up 4 bucks since I bought it, but still way better than the $70 that is listed on the dust cover.  Lots of great art work and stories and shit.  there is a video in the review part of a fucker flipping through the pages.

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#18]
There's a good Warhammer 40k wallpaper thread on 4chan /wg/ right now.

http://boards.4chan.org/wg/thread/5892954/warhammer-40k

Seems totally safe for work, but it's 4chan so caveat emptor.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1849702160/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Really nice book.  It went up 4 bucks since I bought it, but still way better than the $70 that is listed on the dust cover.  Lots of great art work and stories and shit.  there is a video in the review part of a fucker flipping through the pages.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

dam I gotta get that.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

There's a good Warhammer 40k wallpaper thread on 4chan /wg/ right now.

View Quote

http://boards.4chan.org/wg/thread/5892954/warhammer-40k

Seems totally safe for work, but it's 4chan so caveat emptor.

Kool, thanks for the heads up.  Some really amazing ones in there

I think this one is of angron

And I think this is from the book The First Heretic.  The pic isn't on the cover, but I think it is the two main characters.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:21:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

dam I gotta get that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

dam I gotta get that.

I'll let my geekness out now..... I ordered the leather boumd 2 book edition when it came out from Black Library. Holy crap is it nice.

Came in a leather slipcover also. The ends match the design on the Horus Hersey rulebooks from Forgeworld. Beautiful designs.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 7:56:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:01:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:06:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'll let my geekness out now..... I ordered the leather boumd 2 book edition when it came out from Black Library. Holy crap is it nice.

Came in a leather slipcover also. The ends match the design on the Horus Hersey rulebooks from Forgeworld. Beautiful designs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

dam I gotta get that.

just placed order. amazon prime rulz.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Are those yours? Excellent work.............I've never been able to get faces to look that good

Quoted:
Before I stopped playing, I wanted to model a Slaneeshi Deamon Prince built from these two models, but damn it's like $80 for shit I'd cut up.

http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1366/24/1366246092260.jpg

http://www.andreaeurope.com/fotos/andrea/Warlord-Saga/detallegran/WS-008-01.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:03:56 PM EDT
[#30]

Hello new wallpaper
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:39:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Now I want to play the MMO when it comes out.

What faction will you guys be playing?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:29:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#33]
have no clue what any of this is about.....but the artwork is pretty amazing
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:37:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
have no clue what any of this is about.....but the artwork is pretty amazing
View Quote

this might help if you are interested. the basic is it is a tabletop game that has evolved into many things, books, games, video games, a movie and fan movies and tons of cool art and figures. there are several major factions and you can tell some apart in the photos.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:51:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 5:59:32 AM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#38]
For death in the name of the Emperor is the only honorable death
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:47:10 PM EDT
[#39]

"Even in death I still serve"

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:02:36 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Dammit, why is everything cooler with power armor and swords?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:46:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Never played the game but the artwork is amazing.  Looks like I will need to pick up the books also.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:20:05 PM EDT
[#43]
not sure if this one was posted already.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:00:28 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

a good friend of mine has an entire angry marines army

one of his models (the profanity is intact on the actual model, just borrowing the image from a site he posted it to which requires censorship)

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/3/20/343721_md-Angry%20Marines%2C%20Dropship%2C%20Fast%20Attack%2C%20Storm%20Raven.jpg
View Quote

I actually used that line at work yesterday.  I think the individual I was dealing with got the message.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#45]

Uh, that 6" Templar is fucking bad ass.  Any idea where you can get one?

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#46]
The history of the Space Marines.  Right-click -> view for better reading.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:58:55 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

https://warosu.org/data/tg/img/0280/89/1383605249605.png
View Quote

ha, that is cool, any more?

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:05:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

https://warosu.org/data/tg/img/0280/89/1383605249605.png
View Quote

Oh, those Space Wolves.

Wonder if the Inquisition is still butthurt about the ass kicking they received from them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:34:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

think that guy made it. a couple people built some marines like that, not sure if they sold any. The only big one for sale I know of is the sideshow collectable one and they are pricey now.

I have this one.

more of the bigger ones.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#50]

The Flesh is weak... (Before my combined arms approach to a predominately infantry game!)
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top