Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2014 9:05:13 AM EDT
Rem 700 Stainless with matching Leupold scope and synthetic stock with removable magazine in 7MM REM Mag. I've had it about 20 years. It's not really an odd caliber, but I am thinking of moving to an AR-10 so I can hoard a more common caliber of ammo. Shorter barrel, interchangeable goodies with other ARs, burn down the ammo fort quicker... There are lots of positives.

I don't hunt.
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 9:09:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably not.

I always try to make gun purchases laterally or up.

So if I sell one gun I get another that will fill more roles or is of better quality.

Some SHTF'ers will tell you to keep one a bolt gun because they are pretty tough to break. Mine is a .22
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 9:10:57 AM EDT
[#2]
If you don't hunt with it, sell it and get an AR-10.
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 9:14:24 AM EDT
[#3]
You could always just give it to me It would get a good loving home.
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you don't hunt with it, sell it and get an AR-10.
View Quote

I agree. While parting with your only bolt gun is tough, if it isn't getting shot, move on. Plus an AR10 Is just so nice to shoot and modify. Alas, they are expensive to feed these days.
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 9:16:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I think you should keep the 700 and get an AR-10.
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You could always just give it to me It would get a good loving home.
View Quote

i don't know if he wants it to have that kind of love, brony
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 9:31:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I think you should keep the 700 and get an AR-10.
View Quote

Yah, I rarely sell anything, but I have to much stuff.  I have a couple hundred rounds of 7MM but it just seems pointless to buy more when no one else around has a gun that will use it.  And a couple hundred rounds for a bolt gun is probably way over my life expectancy if SHTF.
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 9:41:55 AM EDT
[#8]
When I sold my last 7mm I regreted it but Im a hunter so that would make a hugh difference I guess. If your not into the gun and you can finance one you will shoot more often and be happy with I say go for it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry, not allowed in GD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top