BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 110
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 2:36:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you want some good GoT history check this chick out.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9q4Ht-W164
View Quote

Some more history goodness:

Time index:

The Children of the Forest, the First Men and the Andals: 0:00
The Old Gods and the New: 2:47
The Age of Heroes: 5:44
Valyria and the Dragons: 8:29
The Field of Fire -- House Targaryen: 11:57
The Field of Fire -- House Stark: 14:41
Mad King Aerys -- House Baratheon: 16:26
Mad King Aerys -- House Lannister: 19:47
Mad King Aerys -- House Stark: 22:43
Robert's Rebellion -- House Baratheon: 25:24
Robert's Rebellion -- House Targaryen: 28:36
The Sack of King's Landing -- House Baratheon: 31:15
The Sack of King's Landing -- House Stark: 34:13
The Sack of King's Landing -- House Targaryen: 37:15
The Sack of King's Landing -- House Lannister: 40:22
The Order of the Maesters: 43:14
The History of the Night's Watch -- House Stark: 45:45
The History of the Night's Watch -- House Lannister: 48:34
House Baratheon: 50:43
House Stark: 53:16
House Arryn: 55:27
House Lannister: 57:26
House Targaryen: 1:01:09

Time index:

Greyjoy's Rebellion -- Rob Stark 0:00
Greyjoy's Rebellion -- Theon Greyjoy 3:37
Greyjoy's Rebellion -- Stannis Baratheon 6:27
Robert's Rebellion -- Stannis Baratheon 9:46
Robert's Rebellion -- Davos Seaworth 12:54
Robert's Rebellion -- Margaery Tyrell 18:14
Robert's Rebellion -- Catelyn Stark 22:04
House Tyrell 26:17
House Greyjoy 30:25
House Clegane 33:32
The Free Folk 36:50
The Night's Watch 39:26
Dragonstone 42:04
Harrenhal 46:03
The Free Cities 49:59
Quarth 53:32
The Drowned God 56:24
The Alchemist Guild 58:55
The Warlocks 1:02:28
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 2:43:04 AM EDT
[#2]
The Westeros Wiki is about to get real busy really soon.
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 8:17:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 1/14/2014 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish I was a good enough reader to get through more than 40 pages of the first book.

Stupid ADD. FML
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 3:24:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
this is the truth, I watched season 1, then read the series, and also listened to it on audiobook before season 2 started. The show really is the cliff notes, and the world Martin created really is awesome  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In on this one.  

I've actually been reading the entire Ice and Fire series books after Season 3 ended.  I only started a month ago but i'm almost near the middle of Storm of Swords so it'll coincide nicely.  It's enjoyable to read more background info on characters and places and also see how the show is different from the book.
this is the truth, I watched season 1, then read the series, and also listened to it on audiobook before season 2 started. The show really is the cliff notes, and the world Martin created really is awesome  

Yup, just finished the first book last month,  amazing stuff. Ordered the rest of the set just a couple of days ago.
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 4:52:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I wish I was a good enough reader to get through more than 40 pages of the first book.

Stupid ADD. FML
View Quote

You spend 30 pages getting to know some guys, and they all die.  Then you have to start completely over with new people in a new location.  

Link Posted: 1/14/2014 4:54:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You spend 30 pages getting to know some guys, and they all die.  Then you have to start completely over with new people in a new location.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stupid ADD. FML

Link Posted: 1/15/2014 4:27:27 AM EDT
[#8]
After 48 hours the trailer already had over 10M views.

IIRC, the first trailer for season 3 took over a week to reach that many.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 5:03:01 AM EDT
[#9]
DAMN ALL OF YOU!!!

I had free HBO this past weekend and since I was resting my ever so screwed back and sciatic nerve in my hip I watched the entire first season of Game of Thrones. Now I must get the second season.....damn you all.....
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 8:09:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Why do they keep replacing the actor that plays Ser Gregor Clegane, the Mountain?
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 8:11:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Why do they keep replacing the actor that plays Ser Gregor Clegane, the Mountain?
View Quote

Tough finding someone that's tall and can actually act.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
the first guy left to be in the hobbit or something like that, the second guy also plays the white walkers. But he doesn't have the build like the mountain is described, which is fine because they didn't show any of the fighting he did, like the battle at the mill. (The mill the ground the mountain down) The first guy was just about perfect, and the new guy might even be better than the first

Link Posted: 1/15/2014 1:34:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

the first guy left to be in the hobbit or something like that, the second guy also plays the white walkers. But he doesn't have the build like the mountain is described, which is fine because they didn't show any of the fighting he did, like the battle at the mill. (The mill the ground the mountain down) The first guy was just about perfect, and the new guy might even be better than the first  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah.  Second guy was basically a temporary stand-in when the S1 actor left.  From what I've seen of the new guy, he definitely looks the part.

Link Posted: 1/15/2014 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe, but I doubt it. They both look the part, however Conan Stevens is an actor who has many fight scenes under his belt and is 7'1" while Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson is a strongman who has never acted in anything and is 6'9".

No doubt they are both worlds better than the beanstalk version in S2.  That guy looked like a second stringer on a Russian basketball team.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
H-K:

Meh!

"Are you going to say something clever? Go on, say something clever."
The North Remembers."

"Good. Let them remember what happens when they march on the south."
Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 3:07:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 3:32:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Because our way is the tag way?

He who passes the taggage should swing the taggage.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 4:38:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Guys, can we keep the spoilers out of the thread, even if they are in tags. It turns into a mess and the thread would be better without them.

Yes, we read the books and know what is going to happen, and then have theories for what is yet to come, it is all too easy to let something slip that hasn't happened, plus the thread gets unreadable wading through all the tags, some with real spoilers and other people being silly
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 5:08:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Guys, can we keep the spoilers out of the thread, even if they are in tags. It turns into a mess and the thread would be better without them.

Yes, we read the books and know what is going to happen, and then have theories for what is yet to come, it is all too easy to let something slip that hasn't happened, plus the thread gets unreadable wading through all the tags, some with real spoilers and other people being silly
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 5:13:10 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Link Posted: 1/15/2014 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

roll over and tip better?
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 7:08:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Talking about speculation and theories about books that either aren't finished or haven't even been written up yet, is not spoiling anything. It encourages more interest in the series, plus I like to listen to what other fans are thinking about too.

H-K has brought out some very good info and all we do is speculate and kid around with each other. If you cannot handle that, then maybe you need to calm down a bit about things.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I like spoilers.  Some people have good insight.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:20:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

True, but I think too much talk about the events of book 4 and beyond aren't really appropriate for this thread, spoiler tags or not, since it's a thread for the TV show, not the books.  Getting beyond the upcoming season is better done in a separate book thread, IMO.

Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Discussing anything that may happen in future books is considered a spoiler or at least a possible spoiler. Discussing long time characters in the future books indicates that they are still around. Which in this series is a spoiler.

This is thread is for everything up to Season 4, and then whatever has been aired as the season progresses. This includes trailers that have been released.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Talking about speculation and theories about books that either aren't finished or haven't even been written up yet, is not spoiling anything. It encourages more interest in the series, plus I like to listen to what other fans are thinking about too.

H-K has brought out some very good info and all we do is speculate and kid around with each other. If you cannot handle that, then maybe you need to calm down a bit about things.

Discussing anything that may happen in future books is considered a spoiler or at least a possible spoiler. Discussing long time characters in the future books indicates that they are still around. Which in this series is a spoiler.

This is thread is for everything up to Season 4, and then whatever has been aired as the season progresses. This includes trailers that have been released.

What about discussing/posting links to interviews the actors/writers/directors did about the upcoming season?
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks like there might be some sexual tension between Loras Tyrell and Click To View Spoiler

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/01/finn-jones-teases-season-4-flirtation/

Link Posted: 1/15/2014 10:02:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Looks like there might be some sexual tension between Loras Tyrell and Click To View Spoiler

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/01/finn-jones-teases-season-4-flirtation/

http://youtu.be/5OGIJ-u8gwU
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2014 10:05:25 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm re-watching the entire series to brush up on what has happened.

I have to say when people die I have no reaction for the most part but  laugh sometimes. When Ned killed the dire wolf I was sad for a week.

Link Posted: 1/15/2014 10:19:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/reepxduMxiU

Time index:

http://youtu.be/lioKGRJi7zo

Time index:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you want some good GoT history check this chick out.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9q4Ht-W164

http://youtu.be/reepxduMxiU

Time index:

http://youtu.be/lioKGRJi7zo

Time index:

I have a 12 hour drive on Sunday... I now know what I will be listening too for 2 of those hours.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 11:57:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I have a 12 hour drive on Sunday... I now know what I will be listening too for 2 of those hours.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<snip>

The history and lore is easily my favorite feature of the Blu Ray box sets.  In addition to being very entertaining I love that they get actors from the show to do the narration.

Enjoy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#35]
The Mountain and the Queen

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:54:01 AM EDT
[#36]
when does the new season start? or have i missed the start already?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:19:25 AM EDT
[#37]
6 April
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:09:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Tag because I can't wait to watch a show about a book I read years ago.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote

Das a big boy.  

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

6 April
View Quote

Thank you

Link Posted: 1/29/2014 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#41]
The Histories & Lore for the 3rd season blu ray:

Old Ghis & Slaver’s Bay (Jorah Mormont )

House Reed (Meera Reed)

House Bolton (Roose Bolton)

House Frey (Catelyn Stark)

House Tully (The Blackfish)

The Lord of Light (Thoros of Myr)

Wargs and the Sight (Bran Stark)

The Red Keep (King Joffrey)

Robert’s Rebellion (Petyr Baelish and Lord Varys)

The North (Jon Snow)

The Reach (Margaery Tyrell)

The Riverlands (The Blackfish)

The Stormlands (Brienne of Tarth)

The Westerlands (Tywin Lannister)

The Vale (Petyr Baelish)

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/01/s3-blu-ray-review-hits-reveals-details-on-deleted-scenes-and-more/
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 2:33:08 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

The Histories & Lore for the 3rd season blu ray:

Old Ghis & Slaver’s Bay (Jorah Mormont )

House Reed (Meera Reed)

House Bolton (Roose Bolton)

House Frey (Catelyn Stark)

House Tully (The Blackfish)

The Lord of Light (Thoros of Myr)

Wargs and the Sight (Bran Stark)

The Red Keep (King Joffrey)

Robert’s Rebellion (Petyr Baelish and Lord Varys)

The North (Jon Snow)

The Reach (Margaery Tyrell)

The Riverlands (The Blackfish)

The Stormlands (Brienne of Tarth)

The Westerlands (Tywin Lannister)

The Vale (Petyr Baelish)

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/01/s3-blu-ray-review-hits-reveals-details-on-deleted-scenes-and-more/

View Quote
Nice, can't wait, of course, I already know what they are going to tell me

Link Posted: 1/29/2014 2:35:15 PM EDT
[#43]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyMHAmKiYgU[/youtube]
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 11:32:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
HODOR!
View Quote

HONDOR
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 11:41:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Sure was...lol

Hard for me to find time to read, which is sad since I used to love reading.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks to this thread I have watched all 3 seasons in 3 days, and feening for season 4.

Thanks a**holes....lol

[url=http://
http://]Damn, that's some power TV watching. Now go read the books to pass the time until April 6th.  

Sure was...lol

Hard for me to find time to read, which is sad since I used to love reading.

Get the audiobooks, they are really well done.
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 2:01:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

+1, this is what I think she said, too.
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 2:34:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Winter is Coming.
View Quote

Not fast enough...
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 2:35:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/K9QN9EN.jpg

View Quote

I still prefer V1, but he is definitely better than V2.
Page / 110
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top