BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 110
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 12:39:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Best I remember the Jaime/Cersei sept sex was extremely consensual in the books. I'm not understanding why D&D felt the need to make Jaime look like some drunken rapist tonight.
View Quote

They did the same thing to Jaime in S2 when they had him needlessly murder his cousin.  I sometimes think David and Dan go out of their way to make characters they don't like look worse.  Stannis seems to suffer the most of it though.

IIRC, they both said they are Targaryen fans so we can probably expect more of the same down the road.  We can also probably expect them to attempt to make Daenerys look a lot more competent than she is in the books.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 12:43:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I have a feeling that book will be the same kind of drivel that The Wheel of Time books turned into at the end.  That sample chapter is phoned in like a motherfucker.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't know if its been posted yet but GRRM has posted a sample chapter of "World of Ice and Fire" its kinda like a prequel about Aegon's conquest. Book comes out towards the end of the year I think.

Dragons and Incest

ETA- Also just seen there is a newer excerpt from "Winds of Winter" up too (the sixth book)

This will be a massive spoiler I'm sure. Also pre-teen girls talk about playing with cocks.

Cocks, murder, and SPOILERS
I have a feeling that book will be the same kind of drivel that The Wheel of Time books turned into at the end.  That sample chapter is phoned in like a motherfucker.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 12:46:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ayra is such a smug little shit
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 12:48:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Tywin is my favorite character. Does that make me a bad person?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 12:53:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No.

Tywin is a bad person himself, but he is hands down the most competent person in the story.

He knows what needs to be done and how to get it done.

He is Ruthlessly Awesome, but he is also very much a horrible person. The two are intertwined to an extent.

It's a dichotomy that GRRM excels at writing.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Best I remember the Jaime/Cersei sept sex was extremely consensual in the books. I'm not understanding why D&D felt the need to make Jaime look like some drunken rapist tonight.

They did the same thing to Jaime in S2 when they had him needlessly murder his cousin.  I sometimes think David and Dan go out of their way to make characters they don't like look worse.  Stannis seems to suffer the most of it though.

IIRC, they both said they are Targaryen fans so we can probably expect more of the same down the road.  We can also probably expect them to attempt to make Daenerys look a lot more competent than she is in the books.

GRRM definitely has a large say in what goes into the show. IIRC they even had him present for the filming of the fight between Ned and Jamie just to make sure he was okay with the deviation from the books.

I do dislike how Jamie and Stannis have been the two main victims of the adaption distillation thus far. They are two of my favorite characters in the show, but they have suffered a lot in terms of characterization (Stannis in particular).

D&D still have a large chance to turn it around for both characters, as their major turning points have yet to come.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:09:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That explains a lot. I've often wondered why the few times we see Stannis he's a zealot nutjob who sits in his castle whining about his luck and burning people alive. ETA- might be spoiler Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:31:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That explains a lot. I've often wondered why the few times we see Stannis he's a zealot nutjob who sits in his castle whining about his luck and burning people alive. ETA- might be spoiler Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

The show hasn't really pulled any punches yet, regarding any character. They have made some characters worse, but I don't think anyone has come out better than they were in the books (well maybe Ned).

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:49:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
GRRM definitely has a large say in what goes into the show. IIRC they even had him present for the filming of the fight between Ned and Jamie just to make sure he was okay with the deviation from the books.

I do dislike how Jamie and Stannis have been the two main victims of the adaption distillation thus far. They are two of my favorite characters in the show, but they have suffered a lot in terms of characterization (Stannis in particular).

D&D still have a large chance to turn it around for both characters, as their major turning points have yet to come.
View Quote

Actually, beyond the one episode he writes every season (and of course the source material), he has little say in what goes into the show.  As GRRM himself pointed out: once he signed the rights away David and Dan could make GoT into a show that had aliens and robots and there wouldn't be anything Martin could do about it.

While I'm sure they value Martin's opinions, ultimately D&D are the ones that decide what goes into the show.  Unfortunately for Jaime and Stannis.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:58:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Actually, beyond the one episode he writes every season (and of course the source material), he has little say in what goes into the show.  As GRRM himself pointed out: once he signed the rights away David and Dan could make GoT into a show that had aliens and robots and there wouldn't be anything Martin could do about it.

While I'm sure they value Martin's opinions, ultimately D&D are the ones that decide what goes into the show.  Unfortunately for Jaime and Stannis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't aware of that, but as I said, despite what has happened so far, both Jamie's and Stannis' major turning points have both yet to come,
Click To View Spoiler
so hopefully the writers will do right by the characters.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:17:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

As a fan of the Might and Magic games (the first 5, at least) I'm actually OK with this idea.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:21:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't know if its been posted yet but GRRM has posted a sample chapter of "World of Ice and Fire" its kinda like a prequel about Aegon's conquest. Book comes out towards the end of the year I think.

Dragons and Incest

ETA- Also just seen there is a newer excerpt from "Winds of Winter" up too (the sixth book)

This will be a massive spoiler I'm sure. Also pre-teen girls talk about playing with cocks.

Cocks, murder, and SPOILERS

i actually thought WoT improved when sanderson took over--things got much leaner and less self-indulgent.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:35:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm just happy they are knocking it out of the park still.    Every time I see how far I am into an episode I get disappointed that there is only so much time left.    No other series on TV has done that before.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:25:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No.

Tywin is a bad person himself, but he is hands down the most competent person in the story.

He is Ruthlessly Awesome, but he is also very much a horrible person. The two are intertwined to an extent.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

I disagree.  Tywin isn't a bad person, but rather a ruthlessly single minded person.  The only thing he gives a speck of rat shit about is the continued well being of house Lannister.  To simply call him a "bad person" falls short.  This kind of single mindedness isn't uncommon in the story.  Robert thinks only of his own immediate desires, Tywin thinks only of his house, Highgarden is desperate to gain the power it sees in other houses, Dorne seeks only revenge for the death of Elia and her son, Ned can only focus on his duty. Renly, actually, is a lot like Robert; he only thinks of his immediate desires.  Stannis figuratively has as much up his ass as Renly does literally.

Tywin literally doesn't give a shit if the kingdom collapses, as long as Casterly Rock and House Lannister stays rich and powerful in perpetuity.  He's willing to sacrifice anything to do so with absolutely no remorse.  This is why Jaime joining the Kingsguard fucks his world so much; Jaime is supposed to be his heir.  Without Jaime, Lannister is really fucked, long term, and Tywin knows it.  The cousins are soft, and all he's left with is a daughter who isn't nearly as smart as she thinks she is and a castoff cripple son that he despises.  He hopes that Joffrey is like him, but in the end he's ruthless but without the smarts (in the TV show he's a nutcase too).  Myrcella, as female, is only useful as a bargaining tool, and Tommen is a child.   He views himself and every member of his family as cogs in the Lannister machine, and his only goal is to keep that machine running well.  The rest of the world and everybody in it only exists as a medium in which to forge opportunities for Lannister. The loss of the only person he ever actually loved (his wife) obliterated any shred of empathy he was capable of having.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:08:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I disagree.  Tywin isn't a bad person, but rather a ruthlessly single minded person.  The only thing he gives a speck of rat shit about is the continued well being of house Lannister.  To simply call him a "bad person" falls short.  This kind of single mindedness isn't uncommon in the story.  Robert thinks only of his own immediate desires, Tywin thinks only of his house, Highgarden is desperate to gain the power it sees in other houses, Dorne seeks only revenge for the death of Elia and her son, Ned can only focus on his duty. Renly, actually, is a lot like Robert; he only thinks of his immediate desires.  Stannis figuratively has as much up his ass as Renly does literally.

Tywin literally doesn't give a shit if the kingdom collapses, as long as Casterly Rock and House Lannister stays rich and powerful in perpetuity.  He's willing to sacrifice anything to do so with absolutely no remorse.  This is why Jaime joining the Kingsguard fucks his world so much; Jaime is supposed to be his heir.  Without Jaime, Lannister is really fucked, long term, and Tywin knows it.  The cousins are soft, and all he's left with is a daughter who isn't nearly as smart as she thinks she is and a castoff cripple son that he despises.  He hopes that Joffrey is like him, but in the end he's ruthless but without the smarts (in the TV show he's a nutcase too).  Myrcella, as female, is only useful as a bargaining tool, and Tommen is a child.   He views himself and every member of his family as cogs in the Lannister machine, and his only goal is to keep that machine running well.  The rest of the world and everybody in it only exists as a medium in which to forge opportunities for Lannister. The loss of the only person he ever actually loved (his wife) obliterated any shred of empathy he was capable of having.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Good points, but I think you be can many things that make a great man while still being a total scumbag. By any measure of morality, Tywin is not a good guy. Righteousness doesn't govern any of his actions, so I think it's fair to paint him with that brush. But we are drawn to winners, leaders, men of decisive action. There are plenty of virtues to both admire and despise with Tywin. Fascinating character.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:29:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Each audio book is like 25 hours long  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

episodes should be 2 hours long

And run year round
Each audio book is like 25 hours long  
I've listened to the whole series, and the dunk and egg series... twice

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:39:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Random thoughts:
I swear Tywin in the show is even better than Tywin in the books.  You don't see that too often.  I always enjoy his scenes, and he got more than one good one this time.  Charles Dance kills it every time.
Being a farmer in Westeros sucks.  They always catch so much shit.
Something about Baelish's scene seemed a tad off this time.  Not sure why.  May be fine when rewatched.

I'm glad Peter Vaughan is still going strong.  I believe he just turned 91.  I really like him as Maester Aemon.
Poor horsie.  
Why the heck did they have Jaime basically rape Cersei?  That change kinda annoyed me.
It was good to see Grenn and Ed again.
Were the catapulted chains and collars in the book?  I didn't remember that.  Nice moment.
Dorne must be an awesome place to party.  

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Can someone school me on why Tywin isn't king?  I know he's the grandfather but he's obviously the one in charge over there.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:54:47 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Can someone school me on why Tywin isn't king?  I know he's the grandfather but he's obviously the one in charge over there.
View Quote

I think he's content to pull the strings from behind the throne.  He's acting as Regent (in deed if not in name), and by the time Tommen comes of age, he knows he'd be dead or too old to rule effectively anyway, so it doesn't really change anything.

The latter also adds to viewers' suspicions that he was involved in Joffrey's murder.

Besides, if he were King, that'd put Tyrion in line to the throne, and he wouldn't want that either.  

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:48:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
He has no claim.  They took these things seriously in the middle ages.  If Tywin seizes power a whole lot of Lords who are now loyal will start looking for other options.  

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:02:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Dorne must be an awesome place to party.    
View Quote

Too much cawk.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:23:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
He has no claim.  They took these things seriously in the middle ages.  If Tywin seizes power a whole lot of Lords who are now loyal will start looking for other options.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neither did Robert. He lead a rebellion, but it was Jaime that arguably had the strongest claim to the throne after killing the King with Ned as a close 2nd. IIRC, Ned assumed that Jaime would claim the crown, and turned down the same opportunity himself. Tywin very well could have walked in and taken the throne, if he had wanted to.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Neither did Robert. He lead a rebellion, but it was Jaime that arguably had the strongest claim to the throne after killing the King with Ned as a close 2nd. IIRC, Ned assumed that Jaime would claim the crown, and turned down the same opportunity himself. Tywin very well could have walked in and taken the throne, if he had wanted to.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Robert had the most Targaryen blood after the Targaryens due to a prior intermarriage between the houses.  That is why Robert rather than Ned or John Arryn became king.  House Baratheon is also descended from one of Aegon's generals.  

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:46:14 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote

because he came into his family's power during another reign--the targaryens.  the rebellion that overthrew the targaryens was robert's, and tywin wound up throwing in with robert when it became obvious that the latter was winning.

basically, tywin wasn't positioned properly to make a run at the throne himself--he made his move through cersei.

and anyway, kings are big targets.  if you have all the power anyway, why not let someone else sit on that damn chair?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Something about Baelish's scene seemed a tad off this time.  Not sure why.  May be fine when rewatched.

View Quote

He was acting like a creeper.  He was close talking the hell out of Sansa.  It was weird.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:52:31 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Robert had the most Targaryen blood after the Targaryens due to a prior intermarriage between the houses. That is why Robert rather than Ned or John Arryn became king. House Baratheon is also descended from one of Aegon's generals.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can someone school me on why Tywin isn't king? I know he's the grandfather but he's obviously the one in charge over there.
He has no claim. They took these things seriously in the middle ages. If Tywin seizes power a whole lot of Lords who are now loyal will start looking for other options.

Robert had the most Targaryen blood after the Targaryens due to a prior intermarriage between the houses. That is why Robert rather than Ned or John Arryn became king. House Baratheon is also descended from one of Aegon's generals.

Didn't Aegon have a bastard brother that was a Baratheon?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 12:00:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jaimie didn't have a claim to the throne because he had no backing. You don't get to be king because you simply put a sword through a madman king. Robert had the backing and blood. I haven't read the books but I'm pretty sure it was agreed/figured out that Robert had the closest claim through blood so he was selected.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 12:02:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

He was acting like a creeper.  He was close talking the hell out of Sansa.  It was weird.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it was fine, and pretty close to the book Baelish, because in some ways he doesnt see Sansa as a mark but as more a protegee and he is trying to teach her his rules of life...

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 12:10:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm just happy they are knocking it out of the park still.    Every time I see how far I am into an episode I get disappointed that there is only so much time left.    No other series on TV has done that before.
View Quote

So true.  It's a 50-60 minute show and it feels like it lasts 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 12:14:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Why the heck did they have Jaime basically rape Cersei?  That change kinda annoyed me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

He has no claim, but he could be king if he really wanted to.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Does anyone know how old Tommen is supposed to be on the show right now?

In the books he is 9 at this point and in 1x05 it was said he is 8.   However, they recast him with an older actor (16, IIRC) so it appears now they are pretending the "Tommen is 8" line in S1 never happened.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

In the books he is 9 at this point and in 1x05 it was said he is 8.   However, they recast him with an older actor (16, IIRC) so it appears now they are pretending the "Tommen is 8" line in S1 never happened.

View Quote

I assume he's 13 or so, it looks like they aged everyone by about five years or so compared to the book. It solves quite a few problems for the producers.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:17:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

I figure they'll make him 12, and just be pretending that time is running faster on the show.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Huh.  I just read that the kid playing Tommen this season played one of the kids that Lord Karstark killed last season.  I wonder why they recast him.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:28:13 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I figure they'll make him 12, and just be pretending that time is running faster on the show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It seems to be running faster for Bran.  

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I think it was fine, and pretty close to the book Baelish, because in some ways he doesnt see Sansa as a mark but as more a protegee and he is trying to teach her his rules of life...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's been a while since I read the books, but didn't Baelish have a really strong fixation on Sansa? IIRC, didn't his obsession with her mom transfer to her?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

it's been a while since I read the books, but didn't Baelish have a really strong fixation on Sansa? IIRC, didn't his obsession with her mom transfer to her?
View Quote

Most definitely.  He wants to tap that.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:06:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Huh.  I just read that the kid playing Tommen this season played one of the kids that Lord Karstark killed last season.  I wonder why they recast him.
View Quote

Because the kid that played Tommen wasn't an actor.  In the past 3 seasons he had maybe 3 lines of dialog and Tommen has a much, much bigger role this season.

In the commentary for 3x03 David and Dan talked about it.  One of them made the comment of "all Lannisters look alike."  That and the new Tommen only played Martyn Lannister for a couple of minutes of screen time.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

You don't have to have read the books to pick up on that.  Since he was a boy he has been in love with Cat and Sansa is a younger and better looking (and living) version of her mother.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:15:41 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:23:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Yep.  

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:28:51 PM EDT
[#42]

Tommen has to remain at 8 or 9 in order to avoid screwing up the plot line.

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:29:52 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.  

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:54:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Because the kid that played Tommen wasn't an actor.  In the past 3 seasons he had maybe 3 lines of dialog and Tommen has a much, much bigger role this season.

In the commentary for 3x03 David and Dan talked about it.  One of them made the comment of "all Lannisters look alike."  That and the new Tommen only played Martyn Lannister for a couple of minutes of screen time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought he did fine in the throneroom scene with Cersei, which was probably his biggest scene.  Guess he wasn't up to a larger role.  I hope they at least gave him a shot at it.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:55:52 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

erm...maybe I wasnt clear enough...

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:01:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, no. Fail.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:03:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Update on the rape scene from this interview with the director.

Interview

(*) When I interviewed Alex Graves about "The Lion and the Rose," we also spoke briefly about the Jaime/Cersei scene and about how the encounter starts out as Jaime forcing himself on her, then turns into something else. This is what he said:

"Well, it becomes consensual by the end, because anything for them ultimately results in a turn-on, especially a power struggle. Nobody really wanted to talk about what was going on between the two characters, so we had a rehearsal that was a blocking rehearsal. And it was very much about the earlier part with Charles (Dance) and the gentle verbal kidnapping of Cersei's last living son. Nikolaj came in and we just went through one physical progression and digression of what they went through, but also how to do it with only one hand, because it was Nikolaj. By the time you do that and you walk through it, the actors feel comfortable going home to think about it. The only other thing I did was that ordinarily, you rehearse the night before, and I wanted to rehearse that scene four days before, so that we could think about everything. And it worked out really well. That's one of my favorite scenes I've ever done."

So it looks like the director just executed that scene very poorly. Even with going back and watching that part again, I don't see any way the audience could interpret that as consensual.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:03:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Last night's episode differed greatly from the books, and it's kind of annoying.

The hound robbed a farmer. In the book this never happened and it goes against his character. He doesn't steal.

Jamie's scene with Cersei seemed more like rape than a semi-consentual encounter. In Cersei's POV chapters especially you know that she actually likes / prefers this sort of behavior from him, but in the book it's not so rapey. At no point does Cersei really portray that she is OK with/Excited by/consenting to  getting it on with her brother in that case. In the book it's very clear by what she says that she likes it/wants it.

Samwell Tarley took Gilly to the Molestown brothel- this never happened in the books and really doesn't make sense. And as to why they (the writers) don't want her at Castle Black, I don't know. Dumb.

The duel was pretty funny, but I could have done without the wangs. The slave collar thing was a nice touch, a good move on D&D's part.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Update on the rape scene from this interview with the director.

Interview

(*) When I interviewed Alex Graves about "The Lion and the Rose," we also spoke briefly about the Jaime/Cersei scene and about how the encounter starts out as Jaime forcing himself on her, then turns into something else. This is what he said:

"Well, it becomes consensual by the end, because anything for them ultimately results in a turn-on, especially a power struggle. Nobody really wanted to talk about what was going on between the two characters, so we had a rehearsal that was a blocking rehearsal. And it was very much about the earlier part with Charles (Dance) and the gentle verbal kidnapping of Cersei's last living son. Nikolaj came in and we just went through one physical progression and digression of what they went through, but also how to do it with only one hand, because it was Nikolaj. By the time you do that and you walk through it, the actors feel comfortable going home to think about it. The only other thing I did was that ordinarily, you rehearse the night before, and I wanted to rehearse that scene four days before, so that we could think about everything. And it worked out really well. That's one of my favorite scenes I've ever done."

So it looks like the director just executed that scene very poorly. Even with going back and watching that part again, I don't see any way the audience could interpret that as consensual.
View Quote

I would like to read D&D's script for that scene.  Maybe it was the director that dropped the ball, but those two do seem to be actively trying to make show Jaime and Stannis look much worse than their book counterparts.
Page / 110
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top