User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 3:56:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As much as I like Sean, most of what he says is just opinion and he ain't the brightest bulb in the box.

He's no Rush, not by a damn site.
View Quote

But he is pro 2A, I'll give him that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 5:41:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
IIRC correctly, his last radio contract through ABC (?) was 5 years at $5M a year, so that was a big deal back then.

Perhaps too big of a deal?

Chris
View Quote

Clear Channel did not want to pay the going price for Hannity and Limbaugh to stay on their stations, so both shows are moving/have moved effective January 2.  In some locations the old and new stations are simulcasting the two shows for one month and in others it's was a cold turkey swap today.  In most locations around the country, nothing changed.  IIRC there were only about 30-40 stations affected.

Here's a link to Hannity's website with a state by state map of stations carrying the show.  http://www.hannity.com/stations
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Probably because his radio show is horrible...and that's coming froma die hhard conservative.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I tried listening to him back in 2007 and he did nothing but toe the Republican line.  He's not quite as bad about that now, but I just think he's fake and I still can't stand listening to him.  He never lets anyone talk, just cuts them off and talks over them.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He is too much of a republican party cheerleader. Although lately less so. He used to be local here before he hit the big time.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
I tried listening to him back in 2007 and he did nothing but toe the Republican line.  He's not quite as bad about that now, but I just think he's fake and I still can't stand listening to him.  He never lets anyone talk, just cuts them off and talks over them.  

Mark Levine ( who is one of my favorites ) talks over caller also. LEt the caller speak then show where he is wrong.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck Hannity.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 6:07:10 PM EDT
[#6]
How am I supposed to get Hannitized now?
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As much as I like Sean, most of what he says is just opinion and he ain't the brightest bulb in the box.

This.

Every time one of these anti-Hannity threads pops up, I am reminded how short people's memories can be.  In the darkest hours after Newtown, there was one voice on radio and television that EVERY DAY was pushing a pro-gun rights, pro 2nd Amendment position. . . and that man was Sean Hannity.  NOBODY else gave the 2nd Amendment as much pro airtime as Hannity.

I certainly am no Hannity apologist, but I am unable to name another single talk show host who has the reach, audience and prime timeslots to effectively push a pro 2nd position. . . or that is a better friend to gun owners. . . than Sean Hannity.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I prefer Andy Dean but will take Hannity over Savage anyway.  When I hear Savage my radio gets turned off.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This.

Every time one of these anti-Hannity threads pops up, I am reminded how short people's memories can be.  In the darkest hours after Newtown, there was one voice on radio and television that EVERY DAY was pushing a pro-gun rights, pro 2nd Amendment position. . . and that man was Sean Hannity.  NOBODY else gave the 2nd Amendment as much pro airtime as Hannity.

I certainly am no Hannity apologist, but I am unable to name another single talk show host who has the reach, audience and prime timeslots to effectively push a pro 2nd position. . . or that is a better friend to gun owners. . . than Sean Hannity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

This.

Mark Levin is better.  The Great One.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Savage believes in "reasonable restrictions" on firearms and he questions the need for high cap mags.
I heard him say that after either the Colorado theater incident or Newtown in his typical ranting manner.
I have never heard Hannity say anything of the sort, he is if nothing else a vocal 2A supporter.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Savage believes in "reasonable restrictions" on firearms and he questions the need for high cap mags.
I heard him say that after either the Colorado theater incident or Newtown in his typical ranting manner.
I have never heard Hannity say anything of the sort, he is if nothing else a vocal 2A supporter.
View Quote

Yeah but Hannity is boring to listen to.  Savage is not.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 6:39:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I enjoyed Hannity and Colmes much more than Hannity.  Hannity is better when he has a liberal opposite him on the same set and Colmes was perfect in that role as all he was able to do is read the latest liberal talking points.  Unlike Colmes, Hannity can think on his feet.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We're getting Michael Savage as his replacement in the Chicago area.

Yippee....
View Quote

I've never heard him at all. I like Levin much better, even with Levin's rants.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

This.

View Quote

I would contend that Michael Berry out of Houston was even more pro-2A then Hannity during that period, and he's a lot easier to listen to
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I heard him saying it after Newtown for sure.

Can't stand Savage, even Howie Carr is more reasonable.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Clear Channel did not want to pay the going price for Hannity and Limbaugh to stay on their stations, so both shows are moving/have moved effective January 2.  In some locations the old and new stations are simulcasting the two shows for one month and in others it's was a cold turkey swap today.  In most locations around the country, nothing changed.  IIRC there were only about 30-40 stations affected.

Here's a link to Hannity's website with a state by state map of stations carrying the show.  http://www.hannity.com/stations
View Quote

WLS here in Chicago dumped Hannity but kept Limbaugh.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

He got dumped here, too, in favor of a new local show by Ben Shapiro. I can't wait.
View Quote

... and he moved over to KVI 570 ;-) I'm still going to be a die-hard KTTH 770 listener

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 6:44:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I can't stand listening to him. All he does is high shrill voice against liberals, etc. He has this weird shrill voice that drives me crazy.
View Quote

His voice is less grating than Mark "Mars Attacks" Levin, but Levin has much better politics.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
[I would contend that Michael Berry out of Houston was even more pro-2A then Hannity during that period, and he's a lot easier to listen to
View Quote

Who is Michael Berry?  I had to google his name.

Berry may be more conservative. . . I never said that Hannity was the MOST conservative talk host.

However, Berry does not reach over 13 million listeners every week on radio and millions more on television.  Hannity is second only to Rush in listeners and stations. I believe Hannity is on over 500 radio stations. . . is Michael Berry on more than one?

Gun owners need to remember those that support us and, in turn, support them!
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I can't stand that asshole, nothing gets me changing the channel faster than him. He is like the reverse image of a liberal shrieking about every little bullshit out of context crap, fuck him. Bring back Boortz!
View Quote
Saved me a lot of typing with this post.

What really gripes me most about him is he will invite a lib onto the show or take a lib caller and want to get their point of view.  The lib will get about 6 words in and Sean launches into him and will not let him make his point or continue talking but Sean will be spewing the republican talking points for the next 5 minutes.

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 7:13:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I can't stand listening to him. All he does is high shrill voice against liberals, etc. He has this weird shrill voice that drives me crazy.
View Quote

Just reading your comment about his high shrill voice makes me wince.

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Common sense would dictate that there should not be drum magazines for sale to the public."  "Where in the world is it written that an average citizen should be able to buy a drum magazine that holds 100 rounds of ammunition? That's a military drum, that's for military use only."  "The country has no right to allow any single individual, who is not a member of a police force, to buy a drum magazine."-Michael Savage

So, to reiterate:

FUCK Michael Savage!
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What really gripes me most about him is he will invite a lib onto the show or take a lib caller and want to get their point of view.  The lib will get about 6 words in and Sean launches into him and will not let him make his point or continue talking but Sean will be spewing the republican talking points for the next 5 minutes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't stand that asshole, nothing gets me changing the channel faster than him. He is like the reverse image of a liberal shrieking about every little bullshit out of context crap, fuck him. Bring back Boortz!

And you still typed more than the quoted post. . .
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 7:30:48 PM EDT
[#24]
hannity's a great American.

i'm a great American.

if you're reading this you're a great American.

I had my fill of him when he was outright pimping "Rudie Julie Annie" for president. it was really sad.

and he has somehow convinced himself he is a conservative.

GR
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#25]
The next generation of great talk radio.

Hanity is a blowhard. Wilkow for the win.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 7:41:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

this

Plus, he does a lot for the troops.  Attended his freedom concert a few years ago and it was really really moving.  It was very apparent that he really cares about our service members.   So, hate his show if you'd like, but he's a patriot.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

The next generation of great talk radio.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOP3Zcu80QyU4-GPRcguzkAksGCp4Kf3f5nL8qmWJJIcq_jqXt6jCEMMk

Hanity is a blowhard. Wilkow for the win.
View Quote

You know that Brandon Webb guy Wilkow has had on a bunch of times? http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1564684_Brandon_Webb_2015_NRA_board_seat___wolf_in_sheep_s_clothing____UPDATE_PG_6.html&page=11

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#28]
heh he is on 7-10 pm here, no room during the day, beck, rush then Howie carr
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:08:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just couldn't let it go........I had to get my 2 cents in....

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

this

Plus, he does a lot for the troops.  Attended his freedom concert a few years ago and it was really really moving.  It was very apparent that he really cares about our service members.   So, hate his show if you'd like, but he's a patriot.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

this

Good point.

He has raised a lot of money for the families of wounded and killed soldiers. IIRC the Freedom Concerts raised money to provide scholarships for the children of fallen soldiers. This is another reason Arfcom should love the guy.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:34:24 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

You must not get Boortz in your area....to the first part of your post.  Reach doesn't translate into results.

Boortz also doesn't refer to them as magazine clips.....

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
You must not get Boortz in your area....to the first part of your post.  Reach doesn't translate into results.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Hannity has apparently been shitcanned from 102.9 in Little Rock. They tape delayed him anyway.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:47:53 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

More like 5 months but he was still around for Newtown and my argument still stands.  He was extremely pro 2nd, always and during that time and knew the proper terminology for all firearms related stuff.

ETA: should have said "you must not have got Boortz, when he was on the air"

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Alex jones FTW.......

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:10:45 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Martina McBride sounds like she oughta be out in the lobby selling t-shirts at a Garth Brooks concert and doing karaoke at cheap hotel nightclubs...but I digress) singing about how her old man got drunk and smacker her around so she murdered him, burned his house down, and orphaned her own children to the county home while she went to prison???

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've always wondered why his lead in song is a song about domestic violence...followed by Toby Keith's Obama loving ass.

Martina McBride sounds like she oughta be out in the lobby selling t-shirts at a Garth Brooks concert and doing karaoke at cheap hotel nightclubs...but I digress) singing about how her old man got drunk and smacker her around so she murdered him, burned his house down, and orphaned her own children to the county home while she went to prison???

My interpretation of the song is that the wife, who believes she cannot escape her abusive husband and fears for her daughter, kills the husband and commits suicide in the burning house leaving the girl who is telling the story homeless.    

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:25:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I thought Boortz retired a year ago: http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Boortz-retires-Cain-radio/2013/01/18/id/472142  
More like 5 months but he was still around for Newtown and my argument still stands.  He was extremely pro 2nd, always and during that time and knew the proper terminology for all firearms related stuff.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought Boortz retired a year ago: http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Boortz-retires-Cain-radio/2013/01/18/id/472142  

Boortz retired one month after Newtown.  At his peak, he reached less than one-fourth of Hannity's audience.  Again, Hannity ain't perfect but Boortz does not - and did not - have the same reach/audience Hannity has.  BTW, I have heard Hannity say clip instead of magazine. . . I forgive him!    Judging by some of his comments on radio/TV, I bet he reads Arfcom.

Reading some of Boortz's comments about the 2A leads me to believe he is strongly pro- 2nd Amendment.  I applaud him for that.  His pro-abortion stance, and stand on some other social issues, vary significantly from my views but I will not condemn him for that.  I simply will state I appreciate his STRONG support for the 2nd Amendment. That is all I am saying about Hannity . . . he should be supported by the members of Arfcom because of his tireless support of the 2nd Amendment.  We need more people/voices like Hannity on the air, not fewer.

edit:  botched quote tree. . . tired. . . going to bed so I get my rest and can listen to Hannity tomorrow!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top