Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 100
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:44:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's an example from this year where Hamlton was in the same position and made the right decision for himself and his team.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:09:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's an example from this year where Hamlton was in the same position and made the right decision for himself and his team.

http://giant.gfycat.com/FatalUnitedKingfisher.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:18:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's Maldonado's fault.
View Quote

Now that's something we can all agree on.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
These people get it.

Even Merc 'management' is backing down:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"blah blah blah I hate Hamilton blah blah blah rookie driver in the way of veteran driver I like."

You guys are on repeat.

1) What Rosberg did was wrong, but I accept it as a racing incident and agree with no penalty. It sounds like Toto Wolff might have a team-based penalty in store for him. If I had my way I'd have Chilton drive at Mercedes and send Rosberg down to Marussia for a race...but it's not my call, and that would be too much fun for the powers that be in F1.

2) While I liked Magnussen's driving and defense I agree the move on the Kemmel Straight was against the rules. What I don't like is penalties handed down after the race.

How was it wrong for Rosberg to hold his line? Chopping across the front of someone trying to overtake and who's along side of him is one of Hamilton's trademark moves. Nico was giving Hamilton room by holding his line, Hamilton wasn't and didn't return the courtesy. The rules say you have to give the guy alongside a car width and not run him off the track. Looks like Nico finally got tired of it. He's had to jump on the brakes to avoid collisions with Hamilton in several races. There is a reason Hamilton has not repeated on the WDC or finished higher 4th since 2008. It hasn't all been the car either.

In the long run it was just a racing incident. Monaco was kind of iffy, today was not.

Quoted:

Looks like Nico was just tired of HAM's trademarked run people off the track move.  After having it done to him in at least three races this year, I doubt I would have backed off too...

These people get it.

Even Merc 'management' is backing down:

When the media reports claiming Rosberg’s sensational confession began to emerge Toto Wolff clarified the situation, by saying, "Nico felt he needed to hold his line. He needed to make a point and for Lewis it was clearly not him who needed to be aware of Nico. They agreed to disagree in a very heated discussion among ourselves.

"But it wasn’t deliberate crashing. This is nonsense.”
sounds like Hamiltons about to get Webbered

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:40:32 PM EDT
[#6]

I think I don't care what Gian Carlo Minardi thinks.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

im sure he loves you too

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

im sure he loves you too

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

im sure he loves you too

We have an exceptionally reciprocal relationship.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Want in one hand and...

They want  Alonso too. If we're going to start rumors let's start some good ones.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

It's Maldonado's fault.

View Quote

Except none of the first three are about one team mate taking out the other. Memefail...

m

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Now that McLaren have officially parted ways with Whitmarsh I bet they're open to a lot of ideas.but Newey's long-term contract signed earlier this year makes this seem like a bunch of grocery store checkout tabloid nonsense. Newey has been trying to step away from his involvement in F1 and his new contract got it for him.

I could see Ross Brawn hiding somewhere in the shadows for sure. I could also see them trying to nab Vettel.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:34:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Good for Rosberg. Glad he's standing his ground.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:28:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Now that McLaren have officially parted ways with Whitmarsh I bet they're open to a lot of ideas.but Newey's long-term contract signed earlier this year makes this seem like a bunch of grocery store checkout tabloid nonsense. Newey has been trying to step away from his involvement in F1 and his new contract got it for him.

I could see Ross Brawn hiding somewhere in the shadows for sure. I could also see them trying to nab Vettel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Newey won't leave RBR for a few years yet, and I think when he does, it will be to retire. He's getting old at this point.

Alonso won't go there if Ron Dennis is still around, which he is.. so that's out.  

Vettel wouldn't do too well in the atmosphere at Mclaren methinks, and he has to relearn how to drive again anyway.

Hamilton won't leave Merc unless he gets fired.

And those are the only champions on the grid that I would rate as worth a damn, at the moment.  Honestly, after seeing Ricciardo this year, I would be looking at younger talent to develop... Ricci's the best thing to happen to F1 since Alonso started racing, and there has to be one or two guys as good as he is floating around out there in the minors.

PS> Daniel.. I'm sorry that I said RBR should have taken Kimi instead of you.. Evidently they are a hell of a lot smarter than I am.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
PS> Daniel.. I'm sorry that I said RBR should have taken Kimi instead of you.. Evidently they are a hell of a lot smarter than I am.

View Quote

Lol, we had no way to know Ricciardo would be such a good fit with the new car. Lets not forget JEV was just as quick as Ricciardo. I think Bianchi and Magnussen have a lot of untapped talent.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:53:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Lol, we had know way to know Ricciardo would be such a good fit with the new car. Lets not forget JEV was just as quick as Ricciardo. I think Bianchi and Magnussen have a lot of untapped talent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, we had know way to know Ricciardo would be such a good fit with the new car. Lets not forget JEV was just as quick as Ricciardo. I think Bianchi and Magnussen have a lot of untapped talent.

You gotta feel bad for JEV... raced pretty damn even with Ricciardo in equal cars... Daniel gets the RB and rockets to stardom, and now JEV is looking for a 2015 ride.  Formula 1 is a brutal bitch.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:55:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You gotta feel bad for JEV... raced pretty damn even with Ricciardo in equal cars... Daniel gets the RB and rockets to stardom, and now JEV is looking for a 2015 ride.  Formula 1 is a brutal bitch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you guys sticking up for a cheese-eating surrender monkey?  J/K JEV seems like a pretty good driver.

I guess Ricciardo probably won the no holds barred, balls out 2013 F1 simulator challenge.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Are you guys sticking up for a cheese-eating surrender monkey?  J/K JEV seems like a pretty good driver.

View Quote

It isn't his fault.... it's not like anyone chooses to be born in France.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I dont get it, when Hamilton didnt allow a pass before the break when Nico "may" have been close enough to justify it, Hamilton was blasted for not being a team player.  Now when Nico hits his teamate to hold his place when he is in no position to pass Hamilton is still the asshole and the same guys pointing out that they are racing for the "team" are still siding with Nico while he risks the podium for both the team cars.  

I think the hate for Hamilton is causing some people in this thread to view every incident in whatever way necessary to make Nico a saint while Hamilton is the ass.

To be honest I am a bigger fan of Ricciardo than either of them because he always looks like he is on top of the world just having a ride in F1.  But I find myself rooting for Hamilton because it seems like everyone wants him to fail so badly that they find fault in everything he does behind the wheel or not.  

-Mike
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:49:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I dont get it, when Hamilton didnt allow a pass before the break when Nico "may" have been close enough to justify it, Hamilton was blasted for not being a team player.  Now when Nico hits his teamate to hold his place when he is in no position to pass Hamilton is still the asshole and the same guys pointing out that they are racing for the "team" are still siding with Nico while he risks the podium for both the team cars.  

I think the hate for Hamilton is causing some people in this thread to view every incident in whatever way necessary to make Nico a saint while Hamilton is the ass.

To be honest I am a bigger fan of Ricciardo than either of them because he always looks like he is on top of the world just having a ride in F1.  But I find myself rooting for Hamilton because it seems like everyone wants him to fail so badly that they find fault in everything he does behind the wheel or not.  

-Mike
View Quote

Mike, IIRC I said Hamilton was perfectly justified in not letting Rosberg past.  I don't particularly like him but I don't particularly like Rosberg either. This last incident was just stupid, and they were both at fault.  Hamilton for being his usual dick self, Rosberg for forcing a collision.  

I've come to the conclusion that either there needs to be good, clean racing between them, or they need to take each other in the first few laps.. Spa was a damn fun race to watch... mainly because I didn't have to listen to two hours of the media sucking Hamilton's dick.  Ham is a mediocre driver with an attitude problem who see's himself as the second coming of Senna.   I guess I can see the resemblence... Senna was a complete dick on the race track too, but at least he had the talent to back it up.  Rosberg is just as bad... he's a mediocre driver with no personality whatsoever, that comes across as a spoiled rich kid.  

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#20]
BBC Sport Formula 1

The statement said: "During the meeting, Nico acknowledged his responsibility for the contact that occurred on lap two of the Belgian Grand Prix and apologised for this error of judgement.

But, I suppose we're not supposed to side with Ham...

m
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:38:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Mike, IIRC I said Hamilton was perfectly justified in not letting Rosberg past.  I don't particularly like him but I don't particularly like Rosberg either. This last incident was just stupid, and they were both at fault.  Hamilton for being his usual dick self, Rosberg for forcing a collision.  

I've come to the conclusion that either there needs to be good, clean racing between them, or they need to take each other in the first few laps.. Spa was a damn fun race to watch... mainly because I didn't have to listen to two hours of the media sucking Hamilton's dick.  Ham is a mediocre driver with an attitude problem who see's himself as the second coming of Senna.   I guess I can see the resemblence... Senna was a complete dick on the race track too, but at least he had the talent to back it up.  Rosberg is just as bad... he's a mediocre driver with no personality whatsoever, that comes across as a spoiled rich kid.  

View Quote

Could not agree more with all of this! There are a handful of more talented drivers on the paddock than those two.

Btw... Rosberg's facial expression was quite the spectacle during the post-race interviews when the crowd was booing him. I did think that was lame of them to do though (obviously Hamilton butt-sniffers).

I think it would be an early Christmas present if somehow Riccardo was able to snatch the championship from the Big Merc boys. There would be some seriously stunned people in the F1 world.

C'mon Lewis and Nico... bang bars as much as you can!  
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:48:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Mike

get out of my head !

Ric is the coolest guy out there ! he realize he has talent, but luck too, and seem ALWAYS happy to be where he is, no matter what.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

get out of my head !

Ric is the coolest guy out there ! he realize he has talent, but luck too, and seem ALWAYS happy to be where he is, no matter what.
View Quote

Agreed about Daniel.. I love the guy, and I wish that his attitude was more infectious.. He didn't even lash out when he got a (IMO bullshit) DQ, he just said we will do better, and they have.

Anyone remember how whiny Lewis was in 2008 when he got DQ'ed in Spa for being a complete dick to Kimi on a wet track? The butthurt had it's own gravity field.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:40:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

get out of my head !

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Mike

get out of my head !

This year, Ric has been the best driver in the field...

Ham has been fucked over so many times this year and I'm really tired of people laughing at the guy. Ham was ON THE RACING LINE. ROS was forcing the issue and Ham did nothing wrong. This hate for the guy is really kind of sickening IMO.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Ham has been fucked over so many times this year and I'm really tired of people laughing at the guy. Ham was ON THE RACING LINE. ROS was forcing the issue and Ham did nothing wrong. This hate for the guy is really kind of sickening IMO.
View Quote

There has been one driver who continues to battle with Vettel and Ricciardo in an inferior car.

It doesn't really matter where Ham was, the regulation doesn't say you have to leave room for the car next to you unless you're on the racing line, it says if any part of the following car is along side of you, you must leave room for that car. Hamilton didn't do that and got as puncture as a result. As always with Hamilton, butt hurt ensues.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#28]
The sooner Hamilton fades into obscurity, the better. He's a paranoid ,whiney, bitch....
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:33:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The sooner Hamilton fades into obscurity, the better. He's a paranoid ,whiny, bitch....
View Quote

You just described a full three quarters of the F1 drivers... Hamilton, at times, is a world class driver and own every other driver in the field. All other times, he's just one of the top drivers ever. He's also a whiny bitch sometimes but I really believe that comes from being passionate and young. Alonso can also be a whiny bitch, however since he's around 10 years older than Ham and so he's able to control it much better...

Some of your hate sounds like jealousy...
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:40:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Subject change: This is cracking me up.

LOL
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:45:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Paging burbanite...

Are you in this picture?

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:02:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/LJ0Hq_WIRAQ

LOL
View Quote

That commentary is exceptionally awesome.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:06:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Paging burbanite...

Are you in this picture?

http://i.imgur.com/1w8lPVq.jpg
View Quote

Those are some white, white legs.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
How can they possibly pull that off though?  These two are the fastest guys on the track, therefore they are going to be racing each other.  The only possible way to do it would be to deliberately hamstring someones strategy... which will go over like a fart in church with the drivers and the fans.

They just need to be cleaner about how they race.  Nico needs to find some confidence (and competence) with overtaking, and Lewis needs to lose his trademark 'slam the fucking door in their face so they hit me or go off track' move.

Honestly, at this point, fuck Merc with their super fast car and mediocre talent.. You know how much fun this year would be if Merc wasn't there and Ricciardo/Vettel and Alonso/Kimi were fighting for the title?  

Also, Fuck Massa, he's ruining Williams chance of making a good showing of themselves after a lot of years of shit sandwiches.. put the Brazilian out to pasture already!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone else think they had the "cut the bullshit or we decide who wins" talk that was mentioned a few pages back?
How can they possibly pull that off though?  These two are the fastest guys on the track, therefore they are going to be racing each other.  The only possible way to do it would be to deliberately hamstring someones strategy... which will go over like a fart in church with the drivers and the fans.

They just need to be cleaner about how they race.  Nico needs to find some confidence (and competence) with overtaking, and Lewis needs to lose his trademark 'slam the fucking door in their face so they hit me or go off track' move.

Honestly, at this point, fuck Merc with their super fast car and mediocre talent.. You know how much fun this year would be if Merc wasn't there and Ricciardo/Vettel and Alonso/Kimi were fighting for the title?  

Also, Fuck Massa, he's ruining Williams chance of making a good showing of themselves after a lot of years of shit sandwiches.. put the Brazilian out to pasture already!  

Multi 2-1.....or you're stint with us is done after the season....or maybe our test driver gets some starts....yeah we know you haven't reached turn one yet.....lol
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:17:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/LJ0Hq_WIRAQ

LOL
View Quote

That's an understatement.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#36]
This is straight from the FIA rules and regulations.

20) DRIVING

20.1 The driver must drive the car alone and unaided.

Drivers must use the track at all times. For the avoidance of doubt the
white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the
track but the kerbs are not.

A driver will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with the track.

Should
a car leave the track the driver may re-join, however, this may only be
done when it is safe to do so and without gaining any lasting
advantage. At the absolute discretion of the race director a driver may
be given the opportunity to give back the whole of any advantage he
gained by leaving the track.

20.3 More than one change of
direction to defend a position is not permitted. Any driver moving back
towards the racing line, having earlier defended his position off-line,
should leave at least one car width between his own car and the edge of
the track on the approach to the corner.

20.4 Any driver
defending his position on a straight, and before any braking area, may
use the full width of the track during his first move, provided no
significant portion of the car attempting to pass is alongside his.
Whilst defending in this way the driver may not leave the track without
justifiable reason.

For the avoidance of doubt, if any part of the
front wing of the car attempting to pass is alongside the rear wheel of
the car in front this will be deemed to be a 'significant portion'.

Manoeuvres liable to hinder other drivers, such as deliberate crowding
of a car beyond the edge of the track or any other abnormal change of
direction, are not permitted.

20.6 As soon as a car is caught
by another car which is about to lap it during the race the driver must
allow the faster driver past at the first available opportunity. If the
driver who has been caught does not allow the faster driver past, waved
blue flags will be shown to indicate that he must allow the following
driver to overtake.

The part in red is why Rosberg was not hauled on the carpet by the stewards. Someone made mention of the racing line. There is no such thing as a racing line. There is generally a fast way around the track but the racing line is that part of the track between the edges of the track. There is no right of way in a race. If someone sticks the nose in, comes alongside or creates an overlap on you, you can't just pretend like you don't see them and run them off the track to keep them behind you. Or hold the "racing line" because they have to move to let you stick to your line. Rosberg actually moved to the inside just before Hamilton clipped his wing. Races aren't won on the first lap but they can sure be lost on it.

F1 is pretty lax about this rule, Hamilton not getting penalized in Bahrain for running Rosberg off the track several times is representative of just how lax they are. It seems to take someone flying through the air before they enforce it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#37]
20.5 Manoeuvres liable to hinder other drivers, such as deliberate crowding of a car beyond the edge of the track or any other abnormal change of direction, are not permitted.
View Quote

That is pertaining to the straights, which is why Magnussen was penalized.

There is no doubt that Nico was wrong. Hate Hamilton all you want, but he was the victim in this situation.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:21:49 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
You just described a full three quarters of the F1 drivers... Hamilton, at times, is a world class driver and own every other driver in the field. All other times, he's just one of the top drivers ever. He's also a whiny bitch sometimes but I really believe that comes from being passionate and young. Alonso can also be a whiny bitch, however since he's around 10 years older than Ham and so he's able to control it much better...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The sooner Hamilton fades into obscurity, the better. He's a paranoid ,whiny, bitch....

one of the 10 BEST?    Blackdog, you must not have been watching F1 for very long.

There's only one driver in the field that I would consider in that category, and he's in a shit Ferrari right now.  

Reasons why I don't like Hamilton... Let's start at the beginning, 2007, He enters F1... He and Ron Dennis did nothing but hamper Alonso, the reigning world champion, that year. Bad enough to the point that Fernando took his old seat at Renault the next year even though they were at best a midfield car.  2008, Spa.. Hamilton pulls some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen on Kimi on a wet track in Spa, and instead of just taking his lumps and accepting the DQ, he whines at the media, like usual.  2009-2012 "My team is shit, the car is shit, my family hates me, I miss my supermodel girlfriend",  I had hope when he went to Merc that things would change, and he has gotten a little better.  This year has just pissed me off period, with Merc, not specifically Ham.. They have no control of their drivers, everyone says dumb shit to the media, and Niki fucking Lauda needs to go find a fucking hole to crawl in and shut his cum receptacle.      

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:31:55 PM EDT
[#39]
"like"

one of the 10 BEST?  [  Blackdog, you must not have been watching F1 for very long.

There's only one driver in the field that I would consider in that category, and he's in a shit Ferrari right now.  

Reasons why I don't like Hamilton... Let's start at the beginning, 2007, He enters F1... He and Ron Dennis did nothing but hamper Alonso, the reigning world champion, that year. Bad enough to the point that Fernando took his old seat at Renault the next year even though they were at best a midfield car.  2008, Spa.. Hamilton pulls some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen on Kimi on a wet track in Spa, and instead of just taking his lumps and accepting the DQ, he whines at the media, like usual.  2009-2012 "My team is shit, the car is shit, my family hates me, I miss my supermodel girlfriend",  I had hope when he went to Merc that things would change, and he has gotten a little better.  This year has just pissed me off period, with Merc, not specifically Ham.. They have no control of their drivers, everyone says dumb shit to the media, and Niki fucking Lauda needs to go find a fucking hole to crawl in and shut his cum receptacle.      
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:36:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agreed with you until you started talking shit on Lauda. Remember the Nurburgring in 2007? Hamilton couldn't even keep his car on the track while Alonso displayed how talented he really was and went on to win.

Then there was China. Do you know how hard I laughed? No really, it was hysterical. Listening to the British TV announcers cry...

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:02:27 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

There is no doubt that Nico was wrong. Hate Hamilton all you want, but he was the victim in this situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

20.5 Manoeuvres liable to hinder other drivers, such as deliberate crowding of a car beyond the edge of the track or any other abnormal change of direction, are not permitted.

No, 20.5 does not have anything to do with straights or corners. It addresses any maneuver on the track, anywhere. Here they are again.

20.4 Any driver
defending his position on a straight, and before any braking area, may
use the full width of the track during his first move, provided no
significant portion of the car attempting to pass is alongside his.
Whilst defending in this way the driver may not leave the track without
justifiable reason.

For the avoidance of doubt, if any part of the
front wing of the car attempting to pass is alongside the rear wheel of
the car in front this will be deemed to be a 'significant portion

Can't swerve back and forth on a straight or under braking, you can make a move from one edge of the track to the other as long as you don't run off the track, PROVIDED you are not in an overtake situation (Which is where Magussen messed up, that and multiple moves) It then defines what an over take means. Having the nose stuck in is just as good as being along side per the rules.

Manoeuvres liable to hinder other drivers, such as deliberate crowding
of a car beyond the edge of the track or any other abnormal change of
direction, are not permitted.

You CAN NOT run people off the track. Period. 20.5 doesn't address where on the track you can't run someone off the track. Just that you can't run someone off the track.

Rosberg made a move to the inside just prior to contact in a effort to avoid. Sure he could have run off the track, jumped on the brakes, like he did in Bahrain but there's nothing in the rules that requires it, in fact as per the rules Hamilton was under an obligation to alter his line to avoid contact and avoid running Rosberg off the track.

Like I said above F1 seems to only enforce this rule when someone ends up going airborne. Hamilton does the front end chop on a regular basis. Its one of his signature moves when he's racing close with someone. Its also been the reason for several collisions and off track excursions over the years. He's done it to Rosberg several times this year. Rosberg just didn't ran off the track for him this time. And this time it cost Hamilton the whole race. Maybe not the smartest move by Rosberg but he did nothing wrong.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, anyone who lacks the capacity to admit Alonso is the best of the current generation of F1 drivers automatically loses all credibility in my eyes.

Before this season you could argue Vettel as his equal but, given how badly the new tech reg regime has caught him out, his rep HAS to take a hit.

Quoted:
Like I said above F1 seems to only enforce this rule when someone ends up going airborne. Hamilton does the front end chop on a regular basis. Its one of his signature moves when he's racing close with someone. Its also been the reason for several collisions and off track excursions over the years. He's done it to Rosberg several times this year. Rosberg just didn't ran off the track for him this time. And this time it cost Hamilton the whole race. Maybe not the smartest move by Rosberg but he did nothing wrong.

This, but the Hamilton fans seem oblivious to the fact.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yeah, anyone who lacks the capacity to admit Alonso is the best of the current generation of F1 drivers automatically loses all credibility in my eyes.

Before this season you could argue Vettel as his equal but, given how badly the new tech reg regime has caught him out, his rep HAS to take a hit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I dislike Hamilton, but also disagree.

Bananas.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Disagree with what?  

The fact that Hamilton drifts back and forth on through corners in a Massa-like attempt to deter people from passing him?  

I can't imagine anyone who's watched much F1 over the past 7 seasons disputing that...

Nico's problem is that he deferred to such dodgy driving on at least two separate occasions (Bahrain and Hungary).  It set the precedent that he would be the 'responsible' teammate and set him up for the nonsense he's going through right now.

Nico should have punted Hamilton on the last lap of Hungary, THAT was his mistake.  It would have been hard for Merc 'management' to have circled the wagons around Ham then.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I agreed with you until you started talking shit on Lauda. Remember the Nurburgring in 2007? Hamilton couldn't even keep his car on the track while Alonso displayed how talented he really was and went on to win.

http://www.formula1.com/wi/gi/597x478/lB8P/sutton/2007/d07eur1408.jpg

Then there was China. Do you know how hard I laughed? No really, it was hysterical. Listening to the British TV announcers cry...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewbenson/lh2007getty.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I used to really like Lauda... I think he would be great as a commentator, I do NOT like him in his current position, and he tends to weigh in on things that he doesn't know anything about.  He's also one of the big reasons that Ross is gone, which doubly makes me not like him.  He also didn't show very good leadership skills when he was mouthing off to the media last weekend before he even had a chance to talk to his drivers.  Same with Toto.  That team is a complete clusterfuck and it sucks that they locked in the season before they started self-destructing.

I forgot China 2007 though.. One of the most off the wall, unexpected, and funny screw-ups in F1 ever.. and he's come close to doing the same thing again at other tracks... texting and driving.. errr pitting, I guess.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Nico should have punted Hamilton on the last lap of Hungary, THAT was his mistake.  It would have been hard for Merc 'management' to have circled the wagons around Ham then.
View Quote

I think that was what Nico was thinking all summer and it stuck in his head that he wasn't going to let that happen again. He has a pretty decent points lead that he should use to his advantage. If Hamilton wants to hit him fine, if they crash neither get points and Nico stays in the lead. Ham should know that and drive more cautiously.

It's the same strategy used when you see mid level teams fighting for a win with a WDC contender. The mid level team driver has more leverage because they have less to lose and a win would mean more to them.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:08:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Disagree with what?  

View Quote

That a "chop" was involved.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:22:29 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Disagree with what?  

It wasn't as severe as some of Hamilton's chops in the past, but he definitely made his car as wide as possible in that instance.  The shit of it is, that if Nico had backed out just a little bit more he
probably would have been able to get Ham within the next lap or two.

Not complaining too much though.. the stupidity and testosterone displayed by the Silver Arrows made for an interesting race to watch, except for the Brit press pining for their wayward hero's bad fortune.  I wish I could speak German or Italian so I could watch their TV feeds instead.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

There has been one driver who continues to battle with Vettel and Ricciardo in an inferior car.

It doesn't really matter where Ham was, the regulation doesn't say you have to leave room for the car next to you unless you're on the racing line, it says if any part of the following car is along side of you, you must leave room for that car. Hamilton didn't do that and got as puncture as a result. As always with Hamilton, butt hurt ensues.

http://cf.chucklesnetwork.com/items/1/0/0/1/3/original/not-sure-if-lewis-hamilton-or-just-a-woman.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://cf.chucklesnetwork.com/items/1/0/0/1/3/original/not-sure-if-lewis-hamilton-or-just-a-woman.jpg

And that would be Nando
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I used to really like Lauda... I think he would be great as a commentator, I do NOT like him in his current position, and he tends to weigh in on things that he doesn't know anything about.  He's also one of the big reasons that Ross is gone, which doubly makes me not like him.  He also didn't show very good leadership skills when he was mouthing off to the media last weekend before he even had a chance to talk to his drivers.  Same with Toto.  That team is a complete clusterfuck and it sucks that they locked in the season before they started self-destructing.

I forgot China 2007 though.. One of the most off the wall, unexpected, and funny screw-ups in F1 ever.. and he's come close to doing the same thing again at other tracks... texting and driving.. errr pitting, I guess.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lauda as always been a pos... Remember how he was trash talking Merzario all day long, for not being an f1 pilot etc ? Little he knew that guy would save his life going into a fire to get him out...
Page / 100
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top