BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:16:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So people putting their asses on the line shouldn't get paid for it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm so glad I'm only doing 4 years and getting out. Only 2 more left.

If  you joined for the pension you represent less that 0.5% of the service members.

You're serving for the wrong reason, it is best you do get out.

It is kind of sad...when it comes to military pay and pension society thinks "Hey they are patriotic, they aren't there for the money so we can get away with paying them shit!!!"

Thats why its called service, no one should be trying to live off the government.

So people putting their asses on the line shouldn't get paid for it?

They should, but nothing is a guaranty in the military, nor in the government.

Our government is full of self serving douchbags.  Anyone who plans to spend more than 1 term in office, has no plans to makes worthwhile changes.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:17:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Ah, fuck it.  Bring back the draft.  Exclude no one, regardless of sex or educational pursuits.

It's not like we're at war, or are looking at being in combat soon anytime.
View Quote

Bingo, when the rest of the country is directly involve, they will actually give a shit.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:19:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Nobody is that stupid. Nobody.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, the FSA have gotten their deal, should we not cut that either?

Should be priorities;

1, Purge the welfare system of both legal and illegal immigrants (neither should have access, the former agreed to not become a burden to the State as a proviso for entry the latter are law breaking leeches)

2, Purge all adults that are not elderly or physician certified handicapped to the point they are incapable to work.

3, Restrict how funds are distributed and used for Children so that those funds only go for providing for the children period.

This would save billions a year.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:19:24 AM EDT
[#4]
They should grandfather current folks in - then make the change.

I am not opposed to reducing some of the retirement package, just not for those who are already in the system.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:25:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The dirty little secret is that the COLA isn't really COLA.

I don't know if you do the buying around your house but I do here. In the last five years the COLA increase has been about 1% to a whopping 1.7% while the cost of fuel has doubled, the cost of beef and pork has doubled ...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I reading this correctly that this cut is a 1 percent cut in COLA per year? Not a reduction in actual retirement pay, just a reduction in the amount your retirement pay will go up each year as the cost of living goes up.  While I agree that other programs should be cut first, and this could be part of the "death by a thousand paper cuts" thing, this seems to be a really sensational article.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

The dirty little secret is that the COLA isn't really COLA.

I don't know if you do the buying around your house but I do here. In the last five years the COLA increase has been about 1% to a whopping 1.7% while the cost of fuel has doubled, the cost of beef and pork has doubled ...

Understood. I'm set to reach retirement eligibility in 5.5 years and came to the realization a couple years ago that my retirement check isn't likely to sustain our family anyway. So I've been smartly investing and getting educated so I can start my next career. But as far as the COLA adjustment in retirement, I have to wonder how many retirement plans include an annual COLA? Do most civilian retirement plans include this? Honestly, it's not something I'm gonna count on...

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:28:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They stole all the Social Security money to fund the great society now that its gone, everything else is fair game, except postal employees, congress salaries. So while your scraping by on $2500 a month, remember your pot head postal worker making 60k/yr will retire with 75% of their salary with medical, & so in your old age kick yourself in the ass for Not having a Union Job. Hell even a prison guard will make more in retirement all because they have a union (although thats a crappy job).

My advice for young folks Get A Union Job, go to work for the phone or electric companies.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:39:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They stole all the Social Security money to fund the great society now that its gone, everything else is fair game, except postal employees, congress salaries. So while your scraping by on $2500 a month, remember your pot head postal worker making 60k/yr will retire with 75% of their salary with medical, & so in your old age kick yourself in the ass for Not having a Union Job. Hell even a prison guard will make more in retirement all because they have a union (although thats a crappy job).

My advice for young folks Get A Union Job, go to work for the phone or electric companies.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah brah, I did 6 years in the Airforce and got out. My wife and I both got state jobs now making more money and bigger fatter pensions. Can I get a hell yeah?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:40:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Sometimes I'm embarrassed to call myself american

How can we even contemplate cutting military retirement, especially to war veterans, while handing out HUGE tax breaks and bailouts to big corporations
If I was related to a congressman who backed this plan I would personally tar and feather them
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:41:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
While I don't regret having been a career soldier, I sure wish the government had lived up to their end of the bargain.
View Quote

Yup... We all saw this coming though, so it isn't a shock.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:42:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:45:03 AM EDT
[#11]
It's all politics. Most of the military votes Republican. They want to cut the pay from those who vote Republican and give to the leeches who vote Democrat so that they can stay in power.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:46:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

... Please cite source

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have illegal immigrants buying 55 gal. plastic barrels to ship food they buy with SNAP to their relatives overseas for resale or to run resturants.

... Please cite source

It's wore than that, but doubt away if you really want to believe otherwise
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:50:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
While I don't regret having been a career soldier, I sure wish the government had lived up to their end of the bargain.
View Quote

Sadly nothing new...My father joined in the Marines1951...he was PROMISED CONTRACTUALLY free medical care for life for him and his spouse should he retire AND free medical care for life from injuries or illnesses resulting from his service...

He served in Korea, came back from there and on the way back his ship and unit was used in an Atomic test...he was also put into the Nevada desert for another Atomic test...

He has been battling skin cancer for years...retired to shitty VA care, then he was told he could not use the base dispensary system anymore... Then they canceled his healthcare and put him on Champus and he had to pay for it...then Tricare and then Medicare and he still has to pay for it...now he's reached some lifetime limit with all his surgeries, radiation and chemo and he is OUT OF POCKET nearly $250K in the last 5 years...

FBHO and EVERY MEMBER OF CONGRESS WHO VOTED FOR THAT PIECE OF SHIT LEGISLATION...
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:51:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:56:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have illegal immigrants buying 55 gal. plastic barrels to ship food they buy with SNAP to their relatives overseas for resale or to run resturants.

... Please cite source

http://nypost.com/2013/07/28/nyc-welfare-food-is-shipped-in-barrels-to-the-dominican-republic-then-sold-on-the-black-market/

Food-stamp fraud in New York has turned into foreign aid — to black-market profiteers in the Dominican Republic.
Last week, The Post revealed how New Yorkers on welfare are buying food with their benefit cards and shipping it in blue barrels to poor relatives in the Caribbean

"snap fraud been Barry Barry good to me..."
http://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/28-1n006-welfare1-300x300.jpg?w=300

I live in an almost entirely Dominican neighborhood, all the grocery stores have those big blue barrels. I always wondered why. I know it's fairly common for Dominicans to ship big-ticket items like TV's and computers back home to sell at like double the price, but food?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:56:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Socie wrote:
Since the 60's and the great society legislations when the Dems found they could just buy elections with taxpayer money.
View Quote

Has there ever just once been some media talking head with enough balls ask that to a Democratic politician on say Meet the Press or Face the Nation or 60 Minutes?

I'd love to see a YouTube video of a "journalist" asking point blank:  "Senator, you do realize that with all these entitlement programs, you're basically just buying votes, right?"

I'd like to see a democrap squirm on TV.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:59:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Love it, from the same organization that says they cant DRMO hummers because they cant be driven on roads. We could just adopt a policy of selling all equipment that is commercially available to the public, but no that makes too much sense. Why pay somebody 300 dollars for somebody to cut up a hummer when there is no shortage of people that would give them at least the same amount for said vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:01:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Yeah that seems like a good idea, lets reduce benefits of the people that actually care about the Republic and voluntarily risk their existence on the planet to defend it. Instead of, well, you know...

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:03:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Just called my congressman...Scott Rigell from Va...he voted for the bill...His district is the LARGEST MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX IN THE WORLD...HAMPTON ROADS VA...he has screwed every service member and vet her and in the entire country...his staffs talking point it "it puts back on the right track"
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:04:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

After 20 years in the military and 10 years as a contractor - I would venture a guess that so are 1/2 of VA disability payments.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And not a word from these anti-American lowlifes: Ryan et al., about cutbacks to SNAP or Welfare.

Despite the GAO indicating that around 1/3 of benefits are obtained fraudulently.

And the best that this clown Ryan can think to do is cut military pensions.

After 9 years in the military and 3 years as a contractor -- I would venture a guess that so are 1/3+ of VA disability payments.

After 20 years in the military and 10 years as a contractor - I would venture a guess that so are 1/2 of VA disability payments.

The last time I went to see my pulminoligist at the sleep lab, 3/4ths of the people there were in BDUs/ACUs/whatever-they're-called-Us .  I asked the doc about it.  He said if they get diagnosed with sleep apnea before they retire, they get 50% disability from the VA.

I was like "WHAT?!"

How you can say sleep apnea is a service connected disability I have no idea.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:05:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If  you joined for the pension you represent less that 0.5% of the service members.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm so glad I'm only doing 4 years and getting out. Only 2 more left.

Just like the police officers and teachers who join to "make the world a better place?"
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:07:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

... Please cite source

http://nypost.com/2013/07/28/nyc-welfare-food-is-shipped-in-barrels-to-the-dominican-republic-then-sold-on-the-black-market/

Food-stamp fraud in New York has turned into foreign aid — to black-market profiteers in the Dominican Republic.
Last week, The Post revealed how New Yorkers on welfare are buying food with their benefit cards and shipping it in blue barrels to poor relatives in the Caribbean

"snap fraud been Barry Barry good to me..."
http://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/28-1n006-welfare1-300x300.jpg?w=300

When I sent this story to two NYC Dominicans that I work with, their response was not along the lines of "we must end this fraud," but instead "damn snitches."
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:07:59 AM EDT
[#23]
****DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT PLEASE****

If you have not already, please contact your representatives in congress TODAY as the Senate is going to vote on this soon.

Here is an easy link to a pre-drafted letter and it emails directly to your Representative and Senators. It is quick and easy, only takes a minute at most. This is on the Fleet Reserve Association (FRA) website and you don't have to be a member to use the letter.

You don't have to be in the military or have retired to send this. Appreciate all the help we can get on this issue.

http://action.fra.org/action-center/

Reject Military Retirement COLA Cuts
The proposed Bipartisan Budget Act of 2013 aims to provide budget stability and help  ease the harmful effects of sequestration on the defense budget. However, one provision within the bill would penalize current and future military members who have served our nation for over twenty years.  Specifically, it cuts the annual Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) for uniformed service retirees by 1 percent a year until age 62.

The cuts will have a devastating and long-lasting impact. By age 62, retirees who serve a 20 year career would lose nearly 20 percent of their retired pay. An E-7 retiring at age 40 today would experience a loss of $83,000 in purchasing power - an O-5 would lose $124,000.

Send your elected officials the message below asking them to reject this provision that breaks faith with current and future military retirees, and threatens long term readiness and retention in the uniformed services.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:08:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
yeah lets cut from people that actually do something.  Don't cut from those that are lazy leeches.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:16:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They will never cut welfare. They will cut as much as they can from military retirement and active duty pay because we will never riot. The welfare rats will burn the country to the ground and the .gov knows this. They are paying out welfare to ensure this doesn't happen.

View Quote

I'm not sure why they even care. Riots only happen when there is a perception that the government has lost control. If they simply said "welfare will end six months from today on June 13th" and had all of the cops standing by in riot gear on June 13th, nothing would happen.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:18:36 AM EDT
[#26]
How is it the military folks always get screwed and the civil servants keep rolling along?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:18:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Paul Ryan is such a cunt.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:23:19 AM EDT
[#28]

Well.

I do have to say that I knew it was coming.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:24:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Am I reading this correctly that this cut is a 1 percent cut in COLA per year? Not a reduction in actual retirement pay, just a reduction in the amount your retirement pay will go up each year as the cost of living goes up.  While I agree that other programs should be cut first, and this could be part of the "death by a thousand paper cuts" thing, this seems to be a really sensational article.

View Quote

yep, that is what it says. 7 billion over 10 years or 700 million a year not being paid to combat vets that retire. Disgusting.

at the same time, the fed govt spends 2.2 trillion dollars a year or 2200 billion a year or 22000 billion over 10 years on social welfare.

it is going to come crashing down, all of it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:26:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
****DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT PLEASE****

If you have not already, please contact your representatives in congress TODAY as the Senate is going to vote on this soon.

Here is an easy link to a pre-drafted letter and it emails directly to your Representative and Senators. It is quick and easy, only takes a minute at most. This is on the Fleet Reserve Association (FRA) website and you don't have to be a member to use the letter.

You don't have to be in the military or have retired to send this. Appreciate all the help we can get on this issue.

http://action.fra.org/action-center/

Reject Military Retirement COLA Cuts
The proposed Bipartisan Budget Act of 2013 aims to provide budget stability and help  ease the harmful effects of sequestration on the defense budget. However, one provision within the bill would penalize current and future military members who have served our nation for over twenty years.  Specifically, it cuts the annual Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) for uniformed service retirees by 1 percent a year until age 62.

The cuts will have a devastating and long-lasting impact. By age 62, retirees who serve a 20 year career would lose nearly 20 percent of their retired pay. An E-7 retiring at age 40 today would experience a loss of $83,000 in purchasing power - an O-5 would lose $124,000.

Send your elected officials the message below asking them to reject this provision that breaks faith with current and future military retirees, and threatens long term readiness and retention in the uniformed services.
View Quote

Hit
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:28:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

... Please cite source

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

... Please cite source

Did you not watch the news a few months back?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:28:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

... Please cite source

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

... Please cite source

True big story on it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:31:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Maybe we should think about voting these people out of office?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:31:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Should be priorities;

1, Purge the welfare system of both legal and illegal immigrants (neither should have access, the former agreed to not become a burden to the State as a proviso for entry the latter are law breaking leeches)

2, Purge all adults that are not elderly or physician certified handicapped to the point they are incapable to work.

3, Restrict how funds are distributed and used for Children so that those funds only go for providing for the children period.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should be priorities;

All of this is rearranging deck chairs on a sinking ship. There is no way to reform welfare. There should be no welfare. No compromise with rats.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:35:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It's not welfare if it was part of a deal.  I earned my retirement.  I gave them my fucking youth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They should cut all forms of welfare, including retirement benefits, for EVERYONE.

It's not welfare if it was part of a deal.  I earned my retirement.  I gave them my fucking youth.

Politicians do not speak for us.  That includes when they make deals for benefits for government workers using my hard-earned money.  Teachers argue the same thing: the lavish pensions and No-Cost-To-Them healthcare plans were part of the deal.  They earned them and they deserve them.  The fact of the matter is we spend way too much money on way too much shit and it's got to stop.

I'm not in favor of targeting vets first, but it needs to be done everywhere.

Quoted:
Quoted:
They should cut all forms of welfare, including retirement benefits, for EVERYONE.

Because the $6.30 an hour for serving in combat will keep the rolls full.

As long as you understand you want the draft back I'm fine with that. You'll not get men to leave their families for 6 to 10 months at a time for $1900 a month so that they can hump 80 pounds of gear in +100 degree temperature while avoiding IEDs and getting shot working 12-20 hours a day across a 20 year career. The bitch about the draft is you can't draft a senior enlisted person who are the core that actually run and lead our military. You can draft grunts but who's going to lead and direct them? Are you going to draft someone for 15 years, if not where do you get your professionals? You have to attract and retain a professional core of skilled and experenced warrior willing to trash their bodies, leave their famlies and comfort for months a year for 20 years, while getting paid less than they would make sitting at home on unemployment and welfare. These are the people whose pensions your attacking.

I'm not attacking those people.  But pensions are not sustainable.  We have a huge debt problem and we need to get serious about fixing it.  It doesn't matter what a politician promised you.  The truth is they made a promise they couldn't keep, expecting others to finance it for years after the politician has left.

We should get rid of unemployment and welfare too.  Get rid of all that shit.  Then those who join the army will be the true believers and those who need a job.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:38:07 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Yeah brah, I did 6 years in the Airforce and got out. My wife and I both got state jobs now making more money and bigger fatter pensions. Can I get a hell yeah?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Two Given one extra for the South  

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:40:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Love it, from the same organization that says they cant DRMO hummers because they cant be driven on roads. We could just adopt a policy of selling all equipment that is commercially available to the public, but no that makes too much sense. Why pay somebody 300 dollars for somebody to cut up a hummer when there is no shortage of people that would give them at least the same amount for said vehicle.
View Quote

Are you serious?

The .gov or .mil is cutting up HMMV's instead of selling or auctioning them off to civilians???

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:40:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Here's another article, must have slipped past the CNN editors

Military Retirees: You Betrayed Us Congress

"  The average cut in pension payouts, including compounding interest, for a retiring Army Sergeant first class, would be about $3,700 each year, according to the Military Officers Association of America. Over 20 years, the total losses could balloon to more than $80,000.

"While portrayed as a minor change, a 20% reduction in retired pay and survivor benefit values is a massive cut in military career benefits," wrote groups, including the Air Force Sergeants Association, Iraq & Afghanistan Veterans of America and the Marine Corps League, among others in the letter.

The change is infuriating to military retirees like Army Col. Michael Barron, who retired nearly 4 years ago, after 30 years of service, which included being deployed to both Iraq wars. "
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:43:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
How is it the military folks always get screwed and the civil servants keep rolling along?
View Quote

-lack of unions
-can't protest while still working
-can't strike while working
-can't speak in public while working
-when they can do these things they are now useless to the state and have no leverage other than "veteran status" which is something that rates nothing more than lip service from 90% of the public and 100% of politicians
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:46:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

No offense, but fuck all that.

A deal is a deal.

You can kill off my retirement completely for all I care: Just give me back my twenty years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
First of all one of the LAST things we ought to do AFTER we eliminate the FSA programs IS to take a look at military retirement as if is a VERY large expense.

I have no sacred cows and think everything ought to be looked at.

No offense, but fuck all that.

A deal is a deal.

You can kill off my retirement completely for all I care: Just give me back my twenty years.

One thing is that the people we owe must not be cheated. We have to keep our promises.

We DO have to look at the future, though. Changes ay be in order.

Cutting PROMISED military retirements is bullshit. Changing the program in the future is fair enough.

Incidentally, please read where I posted that the FSA should get cut first.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:55:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

... Please cite source

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

... Please cite source

Look it up yourself- took me about 20 seconds.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:55:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Ah, fuck it.  Bring back the draft.  Exclude no one, regardless of sex or educational pursuits.

It's not like we're at war, or are looking at being in combat soon anytime.

Mach is right.
View Quote

Full slavery is not the answer to our problem of tax slavery.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:57:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Politicians do not speak for us.  That includes when they make deals for benefits for government workers using my hard-earned money.  Teachers argue the same thing: the lavish pensions and No-Cost-To-Them healthcare plans were part of the deal.  They earned them and they deserve them.  The fact of the matter is we spend way too much money on way too much shit and it's got to stop.

I'm not attacking those people.  But pensions are not sustainable.  We have a huge debt problem and we need to get serious about fixing it.  It doesn't matter what a politician promised you.  The truth is they made a promise they couldn't keep, expecting others to finance it for years after the politician has left.

We should get rid of unemployment and welfare too.  Get rid of all that shit.  Then those who join the army will be the true believers and those who need a job.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Because the $6.30 an hour for serving in combat will keep the rolls full.

As long as you understand you want the draft back I'm fine with that. You'll not get men to leave their families for 6 to 10 months at a time for $1900 a month so that they can hump 80 pounds of gear in +100 degree temperature while avoiding IEDs and getting shot working 12-20 hours a day across a 20 year career. The bitch about the draft is you can't draft a senior enlisted person who are the core that actually run and lead our military. You can draft grunts but who's going to lead and direct them? Are you going to draft someone for 15 years, if not where do you get your professionals? You have to attract and retain a professional core of skilled and experenced warrior willing to trash their bodies, leave their famlies and comfort for months a year for 20 years, while getting paid less than they would make sitting at home on unemployment and welfare. These are the people whose pensions your attacking.

The retirement system needs to change for all future service members.

All fed pensions should be reformed to make sustainable.

We (the nation) should not break our promises.  If we made promises we can't keep, the military are the last ones that should be screwed.

None of this should happen until all FWA and wealth redistribution are eliminated.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:59:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm for that, but don't change the rules for the guys who already made a deal with you.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:01:57 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Here's another article, must have slipped past the CNN editors

Military Retirees: You Betrayed Us Congress

"  The average cut in pension payouts, including compounding interest, for a retiring Army Sergeant first class, would be about $3,700 each year, according to the Military Officers Association of America. Over 20 years, the total losses could balloon to more than $80,000.

"While portrayed as a minor change, a 20% reduction in retired pay and survivor benefit values is a massive cut in military career benefits," wrote groups, including the Air Force Sergeants Association, Iraq & Afghanistan Veterans of America and the Marine Corps League, among others in the letter.

The change is infuriating to military retirees like Army Col. Michael Barron, who retired nearly 4 years ago, after 30 years of service, which included being deployed to both Iraq wars. "
View Quote
20-30 somethings bitch about paying for Social Security & how its now FSA LMAO  

Hello the Social Security money was stolen & used to fund the Great American FSA Society, & now that the money is gone from there, they are coming for everything else to fund the FSA as the American Veterans won't take to the streets in civil disobedience but the FSA Will, hell they were several bills to give them high speed wireless this year & money for a car.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:04:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Budget Deal Hits Military Retirees (who aren't union-represented) with Pension Cuts, Federal Retirees Untouched
View Quote

The way I read it is that federal retirees will have to pay more for their benefits.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:16:34 AM EDT
[#47]
I will never vote for a republican again. Never. I'm tired of their betrayal.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:32:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I am not opposed to reducing some of the retirement package ...............
View Quote

Why?

Be specific.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:38:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Retirement is welfare? COC prohibits further comment.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:41:48 AM EDT
[#50]
I hope they do it, then some people might actually listen and understand that politics really affect their lives. It takes jolts like this to people's realities for them to understand the big picture. When people are finally pissed off and afraid they will start to listen.

Too many service members said while I was Active Duty "I am voting for Obama, there is NO WAY they will ever touch the military, we are at WAR and they need us."

Previously war has been a good way to thin the population of lower and middle class males, but with the way we fight wars now, our soldiers are coming back highly skilled, educated, and with political pull. This creates instability in the system. The only logical step is for them to marginalize veterans and reduce enlistment, otherwise they will create a new political class.

For example: Everyone knows someone who was/is in the military nowadays, when I was a kid it was always "My Grandpa served", now it is "My Mom served, I served". It has gotten to the point where people now have pissing matches of who served where and how intense they served (Fobbits), where simply serving used to be the requirement for Honour now people compare numerous combat deployments.

Look at the instability Rome experienced when they had a bunch of bored veterans hanging out at home.
Page / 4
Top Top