Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/11/2013 5:05:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#1]
It's still Wednesday. It will show up.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:08:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Call them and they will sometimes give you credit back..
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know what the official policy is.  Send customer service a message and bitch.  I bet they do sumthin for ya.  

Outside of one (very, very long story that in the end after a significant runaround I got a shitload of free product) I've had nothing but expedient issue resolution with AMZN.  YMMV.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:13:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#6]
You will die an aids riddled death.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know what the official policy is.  Send customer service a message and bitch.  I bet they do sumthin for ya.  

View Quote

I've done this once and they gave me a $10 promo code because I asked them what the fuck was the point of paying for Prime and free 2 day shipping if products took 3-5 days anyway and I could get that for free?  The online chat person was like, "Well, I definitely see your point......here's $10."

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#8]
if you have prime, and it takes longer than 2 days, they'll give you like $10 credit if you complain.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Happened to me about a month ago. They refunded the shipping and gave me a 90 day extension on my prime. No hassles or issues.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:16:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No it won't.

I took the free shipping and it seems it went Fedex Smartpost. It's at the local PO and will get delivered tomorrow with my mail.

Like I said, it's no big deal at all, but I just wondered.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it won't.

I took the free shipping and it seems it went Fedex Smartpost. It's at the local PO and will get delivered tomorrow with my mail.

My last order shipped smart post. They tried to deliver to a business on Saturday (they know we're closed) do tracking said something about calling them to schedule a redelivery.

I started a chat window with Amazon and the first ting I said to then was that FedEx smart post is anything but smart.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:16:59 PM EDT
[#11]
What happens?

You sit and wait for it to come?

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#12]
You email a complaint and they send you a drone

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I hate when I order shit via FedEx or ups and they have the usps deliver.  That always adds a day or two.  

And call or email them.  They will give ya something.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Heads will roll.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:17:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Wife got a few things yesterday morning from Amazon, 4 separate shipments, the first of which arrived today containing a $2 pack of guitar picks for my son. Just boggles my mind that they can run that way profitably.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Hmmm.  I need to do that then I guess.  Ordered something that was "guaranteed" to arrive by Tuesday, but it didn't.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No it won't.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it won't.

You are lucky. Mine went smartpost and should have been delivered today. My wife and I saw the mailman deliver the mail at about 4:00PM. I got a slip in the mailbox notifying me I can pick it up at the post office anytime after 8:00AM today. It's a 15 minute drive to the post office, and the customer area closes at 4:15. So the mailman made no attempt to deliver it, he didn't even take it out of the post office. He came late enough today that there is physically no way to get the package. And he won't deliver it tomorrow either. I need to drive the 10 miles to the post office during their most inconvenient hours to get my package.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
if you have prime, and it takes longer than 2 days, they'll give you like $10 credit if you complain.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#19]
You can get your prime extended or sometimes amazon credit
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#20]
You start a thread in the PSA forum about shipping times, then later rave about the good deals again,
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:33:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Happened to me about a month ago. They refunded the shipping and gave me a 90 day extension on my prime. No hassles or issues.
View Quote

Isn't the shipping free with prime?  How do you refund "free"?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Wife got a few things yesterday morning from Amazon, 4 separate shipments, the first of which arrived today containing a $2 pack of guitar picks for my son. Just boggles my mind that they can run that way profitably.
View Quote

IIRC, they don't run a profit. Their stock keeps going up on the potential for profit and the expected profit that will come from all these massive revenue gains. Last I read into it was a couple years ago and I don't want to go to finance.yahoo right now.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prime was not free.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

IIRC, they don't run a profit. Their stock keeps going up on the potential for profit and the expected profit that will come from all these massive revenue gains. Last I read into it was a couple years ago and I don't want to go to finance.yahoo right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do make a profit but they reinvest it all so they don't report any profits
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#26]
It's a shame Amazon doesn't have it answered in their FAQ section or something.

Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery Fine Print

With Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery, your shipping costs can be automatically refunded if the promised delivery time is missed for a guaranteed order. If you received free shipping through Amazon Prime, you may be eligible for a free one-month extension when the promised delivery date is not met.

The following requirements must be met to qualify for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery:

Shipping method selected is shipping option advertised on a product detail page.
   Order is shipping to Eligible Address.
   Order is placed before deadline listed on product detail page.
   Shipping preference "Ship my items as they become available" is selected if your order contains other items that aren't eligible for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery.
   Your credit or debit card must be successfully charged before the deadline displayed on the product detail page.
   An attempted delivery on or before the guaranteed delivery date meets our delivery guarantee.
   An offer by the carrier of a delivery appointment on or before the guaranteed delivery date meets our delivery guarantee.

Note: Prime Extensions are limited to one per free trial and 12 for an annual membership. Free Amazon Student and Amazon Mom Prime Memberships do not qualify for this extension.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Prime was not free.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prime was not free.

He said "They refunded the shipping"
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, I got 50% back on a order that was 1 week late.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:50:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prime was not free.

Maybe he paid for the $4 overnight shipping
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#31]
they have been terrible with giving credit back to Prime customers, I have had several items late, in fact i had 2 different items late by 2 fucking months. Fuck Prime, I gave up on that shit. Their regular shipping is more reliable, Sorry i dont mean to hate, just what i've delt with in the past with them. Now i just pay the 2 day shipping, and hope i have it within 4 days
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#32]
FedEx SmartPost sucks balls.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

No it won't.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it won't.

You used Fedex Smartpost with a Prime account???   I got a Prime account just to keep them from sending my packages Fedex Smartpost.

All my packages that used to ship Fedex Smartpost somehow ended up in Southaven, MS,,,,,,for four days before they would move again.  Once had a package listed on Amazon tracking as being at my post office 5 miles away, then no delivery for 3 days when all of a sudden the next tracking update showed it in Denver, Co.  That package showed up 12 days after my scheduled delivery date, beat to hell.  I will say Amazon customer service was great, they sent a replacement order next day air four days after scheduled delivery.

Fedex Smartpost is a crapshoot that always shot crap on me.  Good Luck.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:15:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Yeah, I think they gave me a couple months of free prime.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#35]

I hate when Fed ex or UPS delivers to my local post office.  That is why I used them so I dont have to deal with a screwed up federal agency.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:18:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
... I've had nothing but expedient issue resolution with AMZN.  YMMV.
View Quote

Ditto.   I wouldn't sweat a day over the "guaranteed" delivery date during holiday rush.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:19:56 PM EDT
[#38]
The few times I needed to complained I ended up getting a GC ranging from $10-$25 depending on how annoying the screwup was.  They generally fold fairly easily.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#39]
If Amazon is sending your stuff Smartpost, call them up and say "Why the FUCK are you sending my 2day orders using slow-ass smartpost?!"

They'll stop if you complain the right way.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#40]
OP, I have never had them miss a delivery date so I can't help you with that, and I don't know if this applies to you, but did you notice if you have a Amazon Visa that today you can get $50 off the Kindle you ordered if it is the wifi only one?  The offer is on the first page.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#41]
They gave me a $25 "promotional gift" today for my 5 orders that missed their delivery dates.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:42:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Part of it is the time of year. Shipping companies, and USPS are swamped right now.

Even so, if you call them and complain you'll get the $10 credit or one month extension, as mentioned.

If you paid for overnight, you'll get that refunded.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Never had that happen before.

I ordered a new Kindle HDX  for the wife to replace the one that my 7 month old Lab destroyed the other day.

Your guaranteed delivery date is: Wednesday, December 11, 2013
View Quote

It's not important, but I was wondering.
View Quote

Make sure some hick didn't shoot the drone down
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:31:03 PM EDT
[#44]
I sent them an email when my Weber Genesis didn't make it on the scheduled day (2-day prime).
I didn't throw a fit or anything.  Mostly just documenting the file in case the LTL shipper proved to
be a pain.  They gave me a credit for just under $150.  Considering that Weber grills never go
on sale, and Amazon's price was the same price as everyone else, I can't imagine how I could
have gotten a better deal.

I set a date with the LTL for a couple days later and everything went well.

On other occasions where I didn't receive a Christmas gift in time and I paid for 1-day prime, they
typically refund the shipping or give a $10 credit.  I love Amazon. Gas grills to groceries and everything
in between.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#45]
I had a 5 minute conversation with Amazon today because the solid state drive I ordered on Thanksgiving showed up 16 hours after the guaranteed delivery date. I calmly told them that the product arrived a day after the guarantee. They immediately apologized for the inconvenience & asked if they could compensate me with a free month of Prime. Works for me.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:03:00 PM EDT
[#46]
They have missed 2 of my dates this week and I am pissed...especially when the warehouses the items shipped from are 2 hours away.  I got a $10 credit for each missed shipment.  Both items were shipped via UPS Smart Post which explains the missed delivery dates.  I used to get stuff overnight, but these shipments took 4 days and weather was not a factor.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
FedEx SmartPost sucks balls.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#48]
What happens?    You have to wait longer
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:22:58 PM EDT
[#49]
"Sorry!"
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top