Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/8/2013 3:29:18 PM EDT
I had drill this weekend and I received a negative counseling statement because I have not received my new inserts for my eye pro. My prescription changed and have been waiting on new ones because I cant see out of my old prescription. Well My awesome SL decided to give me a negative counseling statement because I have not received them from supply. WTF can I do about this stupid BS?
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Tell your CO you're gay and your squad leader is discriminating against you.

Just kidding. Check do not agree and sign it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Go get some god damn prescription eye pro.

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Yay, weekend warrior problems in GD. I have read it all now.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:50:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it something you are supposed to have?
Is it something you are responsible for obtaining?
IF so, then sign it, get what you are supposed to have and sin no more
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:51:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Turn in your current prescription to supply.  Order another set when you get a new one.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:51:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

did you give up your weekend to serve your country?

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:53:37 PM EDT
[#7]
How long did you wait to get them? Is the counseling for not having them at all or for not making an effort to get them as soon as you knew you needed them? I don't fuck with people when something is outside of their control; however, I have no problems when it was something they could have prevented and they chose not to or unnecessarily took their time.

I'm assuming this is holding up required CBRNE training, rifle quals, mobility bag drag, or something else your SL has to answer up for?

More info would help.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:54:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, cause the countries problem can be fixed in a weekend.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

You haven't read it all. You are a 13er who hasn't read or apparently done shit. STFU Noob.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Indicate that you do not concur and sign the form. What did you do to get your squad leader pissed off to begin with?
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:55:33 PM EDT
[#12]
How long ago did your prescription change and when did you actually order your eyepro?  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1566097_To_all_former_and_current_military_personnel.html
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:57:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Smoke yourself.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok, for the sake of derailing this thread even further, I was only trolling GD. Best advice OP has already been posted, check do not agree and carry on. It is only one negative counseling statement, nothing permanent. If it happens next month then bring it to your command through appropriate channels. I assume he has an open door policy.

Everyone else, relax. Heeesh!
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you fucked off on ARFCOM while better men than you volunteer. The chubbiest pogue has one on you.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:06:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Ordered some new eyepro with inserts a few months ago because the old ones were out of date. As for what I did to piss him off...only god knows he has little big man syndrome so I'm assuming that's what it is.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So you fucked off on ARFCOM while better men than you volunteer. The chubbiest pogue has one on you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah screw it, I have nothin better to do tonight.

I have something he doesn't, a dozen Krispy Kreme!
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:08:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I'd just sign it and go on with life. It ain't an article15 dude. Tell your sergeant he's a fag and you won't be buying the next round when you guys go drinking this weekend.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:10:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ordered some new eyepro with inserts a few months ago because the old ones were out of date. As for what I did to piss him off...only god knows he has little big man syndrome so I'm assuming that's what it is.
View Quote

Better question is, what did you do to piss off supply? Is you ordering your own prescription eyewear from usstandardissue.com an option for you? Or, like someone mentioned earlier, is it holding up something like a gas chamber? (Which I would rather be blind in anyways!)
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Based on your OP, I would say your SL is acting like dick but I have known Joes who do not follow up on pay or supply issues.

When did you turn the new prescription to supply?
How many times did you follow up with supply?
When did you tell your SL about the problem?

When I am working a supply or pay issue, I always email the particular individual and CC my PSG
If I call somebody about an ongoing issue,  I send a follow up email stating I just called you about such or log in an email to myself.

Supply issues, pay problems and updates to official records are NOT fire and forget issues.
You have often have hound the hell of out people.

Monk
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:20:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Based on your OP, I would say your SL is acting like dick but I have known Joes who do not follow up on pay or supply issues.

When did you turn the new prescription to supply?
How many times did you follow up with supply?
When did you tell your SL about the problem?

When I am working a supply or pay issue, I always email the particular individual and CC my PSG
If I call somebody about an ongoing issue,  I send a follow up email stating I just called you about such or log in an email to myself.

Supply issues, pay problems and updates to official records are NOT fire and forget issues.
You have often have hound the hell of out people.

Monk
View Quote

Good points there.  If he properly submitted the request to supply and they aren't getting the gear my troop wouldn't be the guy I'd be after, as long as he made his suspense.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#23]
check do not a agree and write a short explanation of your side of the story in the comment section. As a former CO I would review all of the counseling statements and determine the validity before finalizing any ART 15s.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Somehow I suspect that the OP fucked the goat on this one, thats why the SL is pissed.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:30:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Since you're a 13er, I'm only giving you a week off.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, for the sake of derailing this thread even further, I was only trolling GD. Best advice OP has already been posted, check do not agree and carry on. It is only one negative counseling statement, nothing permanent. If it happens next month then bring it to your command through appropriate channels. I assume he has an open door policy.

Acting stupid in GD is enough to get a person a 1 week suspension now? I could understand in the tech forums.

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:34:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Acting stupid in GD is enough to get a person a 1 week suspension now? I could understand in the tech forums.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Openly admitted he was doing nothing more then trolling to elect negative responses.

Plus he's a 13'r, that's good for a week right there.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Unless you are a habitual screw up, one negative counseling statement doesn't mean shit.  Just sign it and check the box that says you don't agree and write in an explanation.  Then move on with your life.

Everyone I worked with got a negative here and there, shit happens, none of them held any of us back from advancing because for each one negative we probably had 15 or more positive counseling statements.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Sounds like you were missing a piece of required equipment.
Have a document from supply or the actual equipment next time around.
Sign it, forget it, move on.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:42:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMHO: The initial comment might have just been disregarded but when he came out and confessed trolling, well, it was a matter of time.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, that escalated quickly

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:47:38 PM EDT
[#31]
"Signed under protest.  Object ordered on ______ and still not delivered by Supply.  Love & Kisses, OP"
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:50:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Wait, you got a negative counseling statement because S4 hasn't gotten your gas mask inserts done? What kind of dick do you have for a squad leader?
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#33]
lol
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Who cares it's a counseling statement.......Sack up.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 5:01:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 5:04:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I had drill this weekend and I received a negative counseling statement because I have not received my new inserts for my eye pro. My prescription changed and have been waiting on new ones because I cant see out of my old prescription. Well My awesome SL decided to give me a negative counseling statement because I have not received them from supply. WTF can I do about this stupid BS?
View Quote

well. the last guy i was counseling....... no matter what the negative was for.... ( say, oh, was late, etc). would write a additional 3 page letter and staple it to the back of the statement, about how not only did he ( not concur), but  how in great detail how the unit was fucked up totally from the lowest private, to the bat commander, and only he could see it and fix it.

he also kept notebooks and noted anything anyone did at any time against any reg)

ex.   01;15.... private smith removed eye pro, against regs, ( to wipe sweat from his eyes), notebook was one in a series.  he would SERIOUSLY, tell on anyone, for anything, at anytime. passive aggressive little fucktard too. ( later the notebooks were stolen and burned)

oh and not to forget the long hate filled letters against the chain of command, slipped under the commanders door............

fun fun fun.

you COULD go that route..... but, then again, he was beaten up every single drill.   biggest blue falcon i ever saw.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Somehow I suspect that the OP fucked the goat on this one, thats why the SL is pissed.
View Quote

OP was probably told to go to supply and get it straightened out...and didn't .
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote

your a teener, and you cant troll. Even though that's not what you were doing at all but you fucked up and you know it. your literally all the same. I hate all of you.  

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

well done.

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#40]
I was hated/loved ecause i knew the way the army worked

To be honest.. There is a check NO as you agree on the statement. Say you want it to be reviewed by your 1SG and that your eye pro was balistically sound. Also make note that you are poor and you unit did not provide the funds for you to be a professional soldier. No do you work at UPS or the Eye doctor, Nor that your Squad leader is an optometrist or an eye doctor

Then point out you feel alienated and that you've been belittled and singled out, Then demand that you be article 15end and then demand it be taken to court marshal by refusal to sign that

Also mention you have a senator in your family or someone that works at CNN

Then watch heads explode - Also study the UCMJ and be able to spout some letterd shit off

Maybe say your Jewish too , I love to see NCO's get punished for going above and beyond to make a big deal out of nothing

It got to the point when i was an E-5 my 1SG would ask me to write letters to judges and other people would come to me for advices. I watched alot of law n order and JAG at the time .
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 7:43:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

well done.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

well done.

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 8:09:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

How about you get a tank icon before you shit  out of your whore mouth?
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 8:18:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

How about you get a tank icon before you SNIP mouth?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about you get a tank icon before you SNIP mouth?

Might want to edit that before a mod has his way with ya.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't do that. We don't want them.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 8:36:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Just start pushing and don't stop until I get tired.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Negative counseling for a bullshit reason is nothing to worry about. Two negative counselings for a bullshit reason that never got fixed is a problem. Your leaders need to know when your equipment isn't ready to go and why. You tell them, they then help fix you and be considerably less grouchy about it than if they had found out during formation before you roll out.

It also doesn't matter if you refuse to sign it or check disagree.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#47]
I didn't even know they knew what FM 6-22 was in the guard. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If anyone was ever going to send this type of counseling along with others like it in an article 15 recommendation it would be easy to have JAG get them tossed.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 8:52:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

15 years ago you may have been able to say this. Not so much any more and you can go eat a d...I know of a particular infantry guard unit that has deployed 5 times since 2003. A lot of those guys were with them the entire time. How many times have you deployed?
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 8:53:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are the reason we hate 13ers. Just go away.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#50]
When you get counseled for why your not reenlisting put your squad leaders name and this incident on it
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top