Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/29/2013 12:24:39 PM EDT
I have a feeling I'm going to regret this, because it will be a bunch of chatter and little practical responses, but what the hell.

Situation:

Married 3 years
Haven't stuck it in any strange pie
Would bet everything just short of my own life that she hasn't been creeping either

Was at the in-laws for thanksgiving yesterday.  Ate and then proceeded to consume lots of beers.  I noticed, faintly through the beer buzz, that it was getting unpleasant in the general groin area, and even worse when I peed (Which I was doing a lot).  The day before I'd done a lot of wide-stance squats, adductor/abductor work and crunches at the gym, and had involved myself in a marathon snow-shovel situation when grampa got stuck halfway in the road.  I just chalked it up to having pulled a muscle or something.

As the night wore on, it got worse.  I was still chalking it up to muscle soreness even though I could feel it in the boys and the peen itself a little too.  MrsKAB85 and I went home, she was frisky, I wasn't as much but I was sort of curious as to what might be going on.  I figured I'd go with it and if anything super nutso was going on, either it wouldn't work or I'd experience some craziness when go time came around.  I still felt the overall soreness/weirdness but everything "came out as expected".

Today I'm at the shop, and oh boy is it worse.  I'm actually cringing thinking about the concept of peeing, it's taking a while to get it flowing, and it's pretty painful right in the johnson when I do go.  Been pushing fluids anyway trying to keep stuff moving.  Been WebMD'ing around and it seems like there's a handful of options: STD, UTI, Prostatitis.  The one it seems to match the most is the UTI, but they're really rare.

I've got a bunch of Cipro and Doxy around and I plan to take as I've found directed.

Part of me doesn't want to spend the $ at the doc, that little .1% of me that's all wants to go just to make sure it's not something in the STD variety.  It would be a shame to have to dig a hole this time of year with the ground frozen and all, but you know.  The question becomes:  Will the Cipro and Doxy take care of it regardless of origin (STD or UTI), or if an STD will it require more?  If STD's take more -- That's cool.  I'll run the stuff I have and hope for the best.  If they'll clear it all up, I'd rather go to the doc and hear what the scoop is before destroying the evidence!

I really hope this doesn't turn epic.  I'm really hoping for a non-interesting outcome here.  *fingers crossed*
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Can guys get a UTI?
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can guys get a UTI?
View Quote

Yes...

OP:  Are you dehydrated?  You mention a lot of physical activity and a lot of alcohol, but little WATER.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:26:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Can guys get a UTI?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Uti, I'd put money on it.

Clean your junk yo.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Can guys get a UTI?
View Quote

Sure, bladder/UTI infections happen in men, they tend to be less common then women though. [+1 for "outies" over "innies." ]
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:27:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can guys get a UTI?
View Quote

yes

op has one
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I am not a doctor but based on the symptoms you have conveyed I am pretty sure, no make that positve that your junk is dying and will
fall off soon. In order to save the rest of you just
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Can guys get a UTI?
View Quote

Yup, happens all the time.  Drink a glass of Cranberry juice.  Problem solved.  It could also be a small Kidney stone.  My bet is prob a UTI though.

Booze and Dehydration seem to bring them on

ETA: Seriously I get them from time to time usally 1 glass of cranberry juice and my next whiz is pain free.  Sometimes it takes 2 glasses.  I get one once or so a year.  Typically in the summer from working out at noon in the FL sun on blacktop and going home and drinking
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I had an UTI a few years back when I was 27...  went to the docs and they said I had some kinda STD so it freaked me out and I ended up pissing in a cup.  week later i got the results and sure enough a UTI.

doc gave me some pills and it cleared up in a week
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:28:43 PM EDT
[#10]
dig hole in summer and keep it covered..( just planning ahead)
but you need to go give a a Urine sample to your DR. they can test and treat as needed, dont F around with your health. UTI although rare for men now a days are very serius..
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:28:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Get to a doctor.  Don't just start taking meds, hoping something works.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Before starting an ARFcom/ or real-life witch-hunt, go seek advice from a "real" medical professional.

Not trying to be an ass, but that's real advice.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#13]
You have Kate's Hoof.
Google it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:31:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Mine burns a swell but I got a stent Wednesday  from having kidney stones busted up lol..... You may be passing a small stone and not know it That's how I know im passing one it burns for a day or so and my nuts hurt a little if not dibs on guns ammo and optics
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:31:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Is your urine dark or cloudy? Does it have an abnormal odor?
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I went to the dr for what I thought was a uti.  Turns out I'm diabetic
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:33:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Check the taste and see if you notice a difference from normal.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I got a UTI earlier this year from salmonella poisoning. Had the docs stumped, trying to give me every STD test they had.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:35:48 PM EDT
[#19]
This thread is about men's junk.

Is it?
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:40:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Get tested (giant Qtip will be shoved down your pee hole).  
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:40:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Is your urine dark or cloudy? Does it have an abnormal odor?
View Quote

See if bear grylls will drink it. He will give you a proper diagnosis.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#23]
SERIOUSLY:  Drink some Cranberry Juice then if it does not help go see a DR.  Cranberry juice should help in an hour or 2
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:43:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Had a friend who had the same pee-burn scenario (minus the heavy exercise). He went to the doc and had bladder cancer. Pretty sure that's not it..but go see a doc!
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Stop posting medical questions on a gun website and go see a doctor, for goodness sakes.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:44:06 PM EDT
[#26]
You need this guy to grab your junk:

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Stop posting medical questions on a gun website and go see a doctor, for goodness sakes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:45:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
<a href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/404/hu2g.jpg/" target="_blank">http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/492/hu2g.jpg</a>

View Quote

He's dead Jim.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Last time that happened to me I took a Z-pack all at once and the problem went away.

But I think someone gave me something
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yup, happens all the time.  Drink a glass of Cranberry juice.  Problem solved.
View Quote

yeah a glass of cranberry juice will take out a UTI pronto.

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:49:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

He's dead Jim.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/404/hu2g.jpg/" target="_blank">http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/492/hu2g.jpg</a>

He's dead Jim.

What you did there...us old guys saw it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Stop dicking around on internet posts and go see your Doc.  Lay off the meds that aren't prescribed for this.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
SERIOUSLY:  Drink some Cranberry Juice then if it does not help go see a DR.  Cranberry juice should help in an hour or 2
View Quote

This. I work at a Nursing Home and we give our residents cranberry juice when they have UTIs and it works.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:51:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Check the taste and see if you notice a difference from normal.
View Quote

Piss Prophets...

"And then there was taste, also a very critical part of the analysis. One of the rare instances in which uroscopy was dead-on came in diagnosing diabetes by a sweet taste to the urine. In 1674, English physician Thomas Willis (1621-1675) was the first in modern medical literature to observe this relationship. He may have enjoyed the sampling process a little too much, stating that the pee on his palate was "wonderfully sweet as if it were imbued with honey or sugar." His taste test led him to add the term "mellitus" to this form of diabetes, from the Latin word for honey. Ancient Arab, Hindu and Chinese texts also have anecdotal reports of the same sweet taste in urine from patients who displayed the symptoms of what was later termed diabetes."
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#35]
You can most likely get an doc to prescribe Pyridium over the phone for temporary relief.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 1:03:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Whatever it is, the Doctor has bad news for you!!  Rofl.

+1 vote for stones.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 1:04:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You can most likely get an doc to prescribe Pyridium over the phone for temporary relief.
View Quote

Pyridium is available OTC...no need for a Rx.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#38]
You need to pee in a cup to rule out various bacteria. Randomly taking antibiotics if you don't need them can result in bad stuff. I've had cdiff for 8 months because of too many antibiotics. You don't want it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Dibbs on guns and ammo, and dag if you have one.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 1:10:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Had an uncle with a similar problem.

He was pissing out kidney stones that was cutting him on the inside when urinating. Talk about pain.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#41]
I have Internet diagnosed this as Hong Kong Dong.

The only medical treatment is amputation, but don't let them do it.

It will fall off by itself in a couple of days.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 1:14:17 PM EDT
[#42]
An international jet set playboy, visiting the Far East, had been dipping his wick in too many pots, he came down with a terrible STD.  Swollen, purple, dripping pus, very painful.  He went to a western doctor for an exam.  The doc informed him he'd have to cut it off.  Horrified, the playboy went for a second opinion with another western doctor; again he was informed that the peener would have to be cut off.  A third doctor told him the same.  Desperate, he went to an asian folk doctor and let him examine the crank.   He told the folk doctor what the western docs had said, that it would have to be cut off.  The folk doctor laughed and shook his head, and said, "Oh, that so silly.  We no need to cut it off.  One week, two week, it fall off all by itself!"

ETA: Dang it, beat by 60 seconds!  
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I have a feeling I'm going to regret this, because it will be a bunch of chatter and little practical responses, but what the hell.

Situation:

Married 3 years

Haven't stuck it in any strange pie

View Quote

Have you been camping in East Texas lately?
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 1:26:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Fuck the doctors.  You couldn't have come to a better place for medical advice.  BTW  -  tomorrow morning you will wake up dead.   bye
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 1:30:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Fuck the doctors.  You couldn't have come to a better place for medical advice.  BTW  -  tomorrow morning you will wake up dead.   bye
View Quote

: But you are in the bed. That's how you wake up dead in the first place fool!
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Shitloads of pure cranberry juice and shitloads of water...

If it doesn't get better soon, see a doc for antibiotics cause that shit can spread.
And UTIs are not all that rare.

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 1:31:40 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Had a friend who had the same pee-burn scenario (minus the heavy exercise). He went to the doc and had bladder cancer. Pretty sure that's not it..but go see a doc!
View Quote

Yeah, not a joking matter.

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Last time that happened to me I took a Z-pack all at once and the problem went away.

But I think someone gave me something
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
This. I work at a Nursing Home and we give our residents cranberry juice when they have UTIs and it works.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It doesn't always work.

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Buy the UTI/urinary pain relief pills at the pharmacy. They will make your pee very orange, but they will definitely make you feel better. Doctor would probably prescribe 3-5 days of cipro.

Same relief for prostatitis, except you'd need abx two to three weeks.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top