Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2013 5:37:30 PM EDT
Package showed out for delivery at 10am.  I met the mail man who was NOT our normal mail man at the driveway and asked if he had any packages and he replied, "not today."

Checked the tracking number again later and it says "undeliverable as addressed."

Tried to call the post office. No answer, no voice mail, closed at 6pm. Called customer service but couldnt get a real person just a electronic voice that said the packaged would be "returned" which I can only assume means return to sender.

If its got a tracking number cant the post office find out my address by running that number (assuming the shipping lable was somehow damaged, which i doubt)?

I've been waiting on this order since 9-16-13 by the way. The shipper was slow to ship and has horrible communication. Leave it to USPS to screw up an already frustrating purchase.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:40:47 PM EDT
[#1]
"undeliverable as addressed" is the USPS version of UPS's "bad weather" when they fuck up and mis-sort or don't get a package out for delivery.

It'll show up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"undeliverable as addressed" is the USPS version of UPS's "bad weather" when they fuck up and mis-sort or don't get a package out for delivery.

It'll show up tomorrow.
View Quote

Hope you're right. I really dont want to contact the seller and say Hey, that package that took you 32 days to ship is headed back your way could you resend it to me? It will be Christmas before I see it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I dunno how it works in your local office...but in mine, we FIND the owner of the package.  If the address is incorrect, I promise you, someone in our office knows the name and it WILL be delivered correctly even if the address is incorrect.  The only time it is endorsed undeliverable, is if we simply cannot read the writing.  I do wish you the best of luck.  By the way, our new technology now provides us with the actual address just by the tracking number.  We are now live, GPS tracked.  I just can't understand why you are running into this.  If it was a sub...I am hoping it is just sitting on your regular carriers table waiting for tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I suspect it was a sub. Hell he looked young enough to be a college intern. Never seen him before and I've lived the same place for 15-years.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably one of the new mandatory new hires of the street that the postal service just throws to the wolves with no proper guidance on how to do the job.  The postal service is cutting their own throats..daily.  I am seeking a new means of employment, and I apologize for your pain in the ass experience!
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:24:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It'll show up tomorrow.
View Quote

dont count on that... i sent something, its got bounced to me like that, so i had to pay shipping t2 times, and the 2nd time i had to send fedex, since the PO would just fuck me, then i had to pay more, because fedex dont have flat rate boxes...
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Had a similar problem with some BUIS I ordered. My package "disappeared" with condition the same as yours. I called the post office, found out who the post master was for my region. I left a terse voice mail explaining the packager they had "lost" was firearm parts and it would be a good idea to get it found.  It arrived 3 days later, I received several calls a day with updates about the situation until the third day when they explained it would arrive that day. Someone had re-routed it to a post office 20 miles away that wasn't even in the same delivery hub as mine. I'm sure it would have disappeared.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:45:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a company ship a package USPS 2 day delivery. The company said if the package wasn't delivered on thursday to Thursday to email them and they would check tracking. I waited until Friday to email.
The package finally arrived on Monday. I checked the tracking # and it said the package was:
Recieved from shipper Tuesday,
delivered Thursday ( not to me)
Re-delivered to me Monday.

I told our secretary about the odyssey of my 3 Bolt carriers.
When the secretary went to the post office the next day she ask off hand about how good the tracking was and that we receiver a package Monday that was listed as  delivered Thursday. The mail lady knew what package it was. Evidently, whoever received the package ( the shipping address was correct) dropped it in a public collection box and when the mail lady got the package the local post office held it a day because "it was over 15oz". They thought they were being tested by the postal inspector, until the say it was shipped from MN.

Our regular postman was on vacation the week this happened.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Probably couldn't drive their gov't issued 'Rascal Scooter' to your front door...

Fat Lazy Union Fuck
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#10]
The fucking usps did this to me not long ago and they charged me for postage due...
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:14:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I dunno how it works in your local office...but in mine, we FIND the owner of the package.  If the address is incorrect, I promise you, someone in our office knows the name and it WILL be delivered correctly even if the address is incorrect.  The only time it is endorsed undeliverable, is if we simply cannot read the writing.  I do wish you the best of luck.  By the way, our new technology now provides us with the actual address just by the tracking number.  We are now live, GPS tracked.  I just can't understand why you are running into this.  If it was a sub...I am hoping it is just sitting on your regular carriers table waiting for tomorrow.
View Quote

I believe that to be true at PO before I moved.

An employer owed me one month pay. I still don't know her angle, but she purposely put my address wrong on the envelope. She put my name, some jumbled numbers and then a series of names of streets. Well the PO recognized my name and delivered it to my parents house.

As it sits now the sorting center in PA has been taking items out of my boxes and rewrapping them. And trying to replicate the senders handwriting. Other times my tracking numbers always go dead at this location.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 11:27:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The fucking usps did this to me not long ago and they charged me for postage due...
View Quote

The only way this happens is if you moved and had your item shipped to your old address, or if the sender
Simply didnt pay the proper postage.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#13]
My latest problem with the USPS involved my package (of gun parts) being delivered to my neighbor's mail box.  And that was "tracked too."  The USPS is just full of FAIL.  But of course, they need to raise the price of a first class stamp to:

ensure that losses are mitigated (continued delivery on SAT and SUN)
hire better people (better wages and bennies than being a UPS driver)
keep thier employees happy (pay raise, it's coming )
keep the US postal management intact so they won't be hired away (as IF, by pvt industry)
keep __fill in a name__ at the PO and tell you that long guns cannot be mailed
etc, etc, etc......

Aloha, Mark

Link Posted: 10/22/2013 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Wife was waiting at the post office when they opened. They found it, address was perfectly readable. They told her "a couple more hours and it would have been returned"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top