Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 7:18:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Seems like every time I watch TV, there are some commercials that make white guys look stupid.  They wouldn't get away with making the same commercial with a black, Latino, or Asian guy.  

These insurance commercials seem to be the worst offenders.  
"Everyone knows Old McDonald wasn't a very good speller..." then he can't spell the word "Cow".  

View Quote

The media only considers it a "hate crime" and "intolerance" if you target a minority.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 7:19:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Throw Christian into the mix and you can make fun of white woman. White straight men are the only non-protected class.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 7:20:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is why.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why does it really matter?

You could ask a million questions similar to that concerning tv and movies.

Why worry about it....

This is why.

I would point out that if you need TV to stand up for your image, it has bigger problems than "marketing" is going to solve.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 7:22:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Because we are the majority.

Making fun of minorities= not ok
Making fun of the majority= ok

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 7:33:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Because Whites still keep watching and buying tickets. Look at how many ARFcommers bragged about seeing Django Unchained and Machete.

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 7:34:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Because Whites still keep watching and buying tickets. Look at how many ARFcommers bragged about seeing Django Unchained and Machete.

View Quote

You identify with slave-owners? Fascinating.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 7:38:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Because we are the majority.

Making fun of minorities= not ok

Making fun of the majority= ok

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

White men are not the majority of people in the USA.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 7:51:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I would point out that if you need TV to stand up for your image, it has bigger problems than "marketing" is going to solve.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why worry about it....

This is why.

The science behind "marketing" works on many levels, be it commercials for life insurance, tv drama, the nightly news, or race based profiteers such as Al Sharpton, steers the mood of this nation and it's end result is proving quite deadly to some.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/26/Walmart-Shooter-Targeted-White-Victims  
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 7:53:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The science behind "marketing" works on many levels, be it commercials for life insurance, tv drama, the nightly news, or race based profiteers such as Al Sharpton, steers the mood of this nation and it's end result is proving quite deadly to some.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/26/Walmart-Shooter-Targeted-White-Victims  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why worry about it....

This is why.

Are you honestly blaming television for racism?
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 7:58:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subtext

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:05:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:06:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why worry about it....

This is why.

I'm stating that tv and pop culture are a powerful tool in promoting the Marxist agenda that seeks to destroy the fiber that binds this nation.   You honestly do not see an agenda to demonize the white male in this country?
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:08:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You honestly do not see an agenda to demonize the white male in this country?
View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:08:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Heterosexual White Males specifically.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is cool to hate white people now

Heterosexual White Males specifically.

FIFY.

And the reason is that if it weren't for double standards, liberals would have no standards at all.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:11:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Now you know.

We are the only truly accepting and tolerant individuals.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm stating that tv and pop culture are a powerful tool in promoting the Marxist agenda that seeks to destroy the fiber that binds this nation.   You honestly do not see an agenda to demonize the white male in this country?
View Quote

I honestly do not. Then, again, I don't spend my time scrutizing the world for perceived slights.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:14:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You honestly do not see an agenda to demonize the white male in this country?

No.

Carry on then.  All is well.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:17:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Part of a long tradition of the leftist media destroying our culture and values the "white male" is the only one they can pick on that wont retaliate against them as all the other groups will and do if portrayed as idiots.
..Besides we are stupid at this point look what we've let happen to this country..look where its going to..
View Quote

I was going to post something similar to this.

Maybe we are that stupid.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:21:22 AM EDT
[#19]
White men are also Jack Bauer, Superman, Batman, Captain America, Iron Man, the guys from The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Captain Kirk . . .

You get to be all of those too. I'm not diminishing the stupid white man thing, or the "dumb dad/husband" thing, because it's annoying too. I rarely watch mainstream TV, except for Fox News and The Blaze.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:23:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Be sure to tune in to the White Entertainment Television,  for the annual White Music Awards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No NAACP for whites and no NOW (National Organization for Women) for men. It's that simple.  Even the Muslims now have their own organization of professional whiners, The Islamic Council, to complain EVERYTIME anything portrays them as anything less than outstanding. In case you haven't noticed, "The squeaky wheels gets the grease" really DOES apply in this country as far as "rights" are concerned!

This too and the worst part is if white people tried to form an organization it would instantly get labeled as a Nazi or white supremacist group.

Be sure to tune in to the White Entertainment Television,  for the annual White Music Awards.

BET ia actually owned by a white man.

For the record 99% of cable programing is White Entertainment Television. VHI, (music awards) MTV, (Music Awards) etc, etc, back to your cave sir!
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:24:03 AM EDT
[#21]
They get away with it because so many white people put up with it and watch the shows anyway.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I honestly do not. Then, again, I don't spend my time scrutizing the world for perceived slights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess in this case, the scrutinizing would come from the difficulties one must take at finding news reports of black on white violence, because as I perceive it, when the roles are reversed, the entire World hears about it whether they're looking for it or not.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:28:11 AM EDT
[#23]
David Letterman, Jimmy Kimmel, Jay Leno, Conan O'Brien . . .

The cast of "Firefly" was mostly white. The hero in many TV shows (last I checked) is usually white, and he's usually not portrayed as a buffoon.

Take some comfort in that. I'm not kidding. I think we as a society should be able to accept anyone (male, female, white, black, hispanic) who does a good job and I hope that will increase. But still, Hollywood knows that the public wants Superman to be a white man, same with Spiderman, Captain America, and so forth. That isn't changing anytime soon.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:30:45 AM EDT
[#24]
because it is only racist if white men do it to someone else and we have not had enough yet to form a White Men Council so we can whine like everyone else.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:32:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Because they can't get away with making BLACK men look stupid???
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:32:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Because it's Bush's fault and you're a racist.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:34:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I guess in this case, the scrutinizing would come from the difficulties one must take at finding news reports of black on white violence, because as I perceive it, when the roles are reversed, the entire World hears about it whether they're looking for it or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We must use vastly different news outlets. I don't see any more undertones of racism (either way, really) in crime reports here in Houston. Nor did I see them in any of the other metroplis sized cities I lived in, nor any of the small towns, nor either of the two other countries I spent years living in.

Like I said, if you're hyper-vigilant and looking for slights against "your kind" at every turn, you'll find them, whether or not they actually exist. Race-baiters of every hue having been using that tactic to great effect for centuries.

And, again, if you need popular culture to "stick up" for your brand, it's obviously got at least something a little wrong with it to start with. Good shit sells itself.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:36:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Seriously?

White women.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:36:12 AM EDT
[#29]
JFC Old McDonald adds E.I.E.I.O. at the end of spelling a word as a joke because of a damn children's song and you think it's the media trying to make white people look stupid? I think you have other issues that you need to address OP. Holy shit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:37:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
JFC Old McDonald adds E.I.E.I.O. at the end of spelling a word as a joke because of a damn children's song and you think it's the media trying to make white people look stupid? I think you have other issues that you need to address OP. Holy shit.
View Quote

No, that can't be it. It's vastly more plausible that the entirety of popular culture hates all white men, including all the white men in popular culture.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Seems like every time I watch TV, there are some commercials that make white guys look stupid.  They wouldn't get away with making the same commercial with a black, Latino, or Asian guy.  

These insurance commercials seem to be the worst offenders.  
"Everyone knows Old McDonald wasn't a very good speller..." then he can't spell the word "Cow".  

View Quote

I hadn't read the OP.

This is the shit you numbskulls get worked up about? Seriously?

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:38:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Because any other way would be racist or sexist or in some other way discriminatory.  besides, its the only formula they know now.  white male dad is an idiot, white female mom is always super smart, super cool, and in charge.  teen kids are only there to laugh at the idiot dad.

bash the white guy and no one gets in trouble.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:38:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
CoC violation for me to say ,but they run the media
View Quote

87 alet...
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:39:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Is this a serious question?  Just look at this place and you will see a huge collection of stupid white men.  From the basement dwellers that just drool and stare at hot women to the people saying "it's my right to fondle my AR15 in Starbucks but I can't understand why the public keeps voting for anti-gun people".  You have the guy that posted a video of himself driving on the shoulder to pass a woman and cuss her out.  The free pressure washer guy.  How many threads have we had where a guy was clueless about his S/O and she went to a pool party, cuddle party or whatever.  People have had their deck catch on fire from grilling.  People have accidentally shot themselves.

Basically anything you see on TV about stupid men has already happened to someone here and there is a thread about it.
View Quote

Obviously there is a lot of stupid people in any race. America is majority white so its clear there will be so shortage of stupid white people.
But for some reason it is OK to make fun of white people, and bash them but not the other races which have at least an equal level of stupid amongst them.
Why is that ? That is the point of the question.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:39:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Again, let's look at how Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Capt. America, Jack Bauer, John McClane, Captain Kirk, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Indiana Jones, and so forth and so on are portrayed by white men.

When all these guys are recast as transgendered asian hispanics, then we can start to wonder . . . but last I checked they're still being played by white men. And in a very favorable light!
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:40:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Because it's Bush's fault and you're a racist.
View Quote

Nailed it
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:42:08 AM EDT
[#37]
I think the Allstate commercials with the black man's voice dubbed over the white people is particularly offensive.
Especially the one with the ten year old girl in it. That's just fuckin obscene
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:43:19 AM EDT
[#38]
HELP! I'M BEING OPPRESSED!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Because we are. If we weren't we wouldn't let them do and say the things they do without stopping it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:44:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Television is for suckers
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:45:06 AM EDT
[#41]
$$$$$$$$$$$

and stop watching. I did.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:45:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
HELP! I'M BEING OPPRESSED!!!
View Quote

*pst* it's "repressed."
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:46:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Again, let's look at how Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Capt. America, Jack Bauer, John McClane, Captain Kirk, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Indiana Jones, and so forth and so on are portrayed by white men.

When all these guys are recast as transgendered asian hispanics, then we can start to wonder . . . but last I checked they're still being played by white men. And in a very favorable light!
View Quote

A fair point.  And as for the shows that portray white men as buffoons, they largely exist because white men are willing to watch them anyway, so generally speaking we white men have ourselves to blame in that regard...except I don't even have cable or dish TV anyway.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:47:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I think the Allstate commercials with the black man's voice dubbed over the white people is particularly offensive.
Especially the one with the ten year old girl in it. That's just fuckin obscene
View Quote

I hope you're kidding? Please?

I guess it was obscene that James Earl Jones (a black man . . . shudder!) did Darth Vader's voice, and we know Darth Vader is white?

Look, I'm not trying to deny that these ads tend to focus on dumb white guys, but again, you guys also get all the iconic movie and TV heroes (and new ones created all the time). So can you all consider that too and put that into the mix too, please?
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:48:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Because we are. If we weren't we wouldn't let them do and say the things they do without stopping it.
View Quote

So which is it? Are the complainers unfairly targeted as being stupid and impotent or actually too stupid and impotent to stop it?
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

A fair point.  And as for the shows that portray white men as buffoons, they largely exist because white men are willing to watch them anyway, so generally speaking we white men have ourselves to blame in that regard...except I don't even have cable or dish TV anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

Yeah I don't watch hardly any new TV shows these days (except for my telenovelas, for help with Spanish comprehension) and so I miss out on all of that.

If it bothers some guys that much, stop watching TV and subscribe to Hulu or Netflix and pick and choose which shows to watch.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:51:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
(except for my telenovelas, for help with Spanish comprehension)
View Quote

Riiiiiiiight.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:53:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Riiiiiiiight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Riiiiiiiight.

Why else? That's a common reason why gringos watch those shows.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:54:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Riiiiiiiight.

It ain't why *I* watch them. Hell, I have to get my wife to translate them so I don't have to look at the subtitles.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:57:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It ain't why *I* watch them. Hell, I have to get my wife to translate them so I don't have to look at the subtitles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Riiiiiiiight.

This is probably a good time to point out that I'm female?

Though I will admit that if loving Jorge Salinas and Sebastian Rulli is wrong, I don't want to be right!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top