BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 1:02:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I bet many of us owned guns already.  Some may have joined due to the panic but not all.  So its just preconceived notions that allow the longer tenured members to do a pile on circle jerk
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still no answer for them?

The consensus is that you guys joined only because of the latest anti-gun scare, rather than an actual love of firearms. "where were they when we needed them" frame of mind...

I bet many of us owned guns already.  Some may have joined due to the panic but not all.  So its just preconceived notions that allow the longer tenured members to do a pile on circle jerk

Your just mad because you aint invited to the official circle jerks..
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 1:03:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
a '13 is what was said already. People who primarily joined late 2012 and into 2013. They sought after buying AR15s finally with the big "Gun Ban of '13" scare and came here to seek refuge and to obtain information on how to operate the AK15, and to ask questions such as "My Daniel Defense barrel chamfer is fucked", "My FDE grip doesnt match my other FDE", "How do I make it full auto?", and "Is this normal??? *inserts pic of normal wear*".
View Quote

Exactly.

You should see them over on RELOADING.

'Is it alright to use H-110 in my 30'06, they both look similar to me, so it should work, right?'

Do you own any reloading manuals?

'No, coming here and asking is faster.  Books are for pussies.'

Chris

Link Posted: 9/19/2013 1:33:02 AM EDT
[#3]
A 13er that doesn't know what one is.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 1:41:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Hello 13er's!

I bought my first AR15 3 days after Sandy Hook, now I have 3 more complete rifles and 5 more stripped lowers. This site makes me spend toooo much money
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 1:44:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

And they were the minority in their join years.

13ers are about 98% Dan and SL.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A 13er is someone who joined this site in late 2012 through '13.

The term developed because as a group they are just so freaking weird.  And on this site that says a whole fuck of a lot.

Ummm dantsx and Snowleopard were not 13ers.  Just saying.

And they were the minority in their join years.

13ers are about 98% Dan and SL.  
13er's are what would happen if dantsx and Snowleopard had kids
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 1:47:51 AM EDT
[#6]
in before Norcal
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 1:51:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Huh, I never got any shit for being new when I signed up.  Maybe there is a difference in posting style or something.

A huge percentage of 13ers are spastic retards, many have already been banned.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 1:57:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

and why do ar15 folks say that ?
View Quote

There were several nominees but I think this is our official meme/mascot.

Link Posted: 9/19/2013 2:33:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Because 13ers act like they're 13 years old.
View Quote

This guy
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 2:55:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This is very true... I got heat in 05 for being a Newbie as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From what I have seen there was a rush to join in late 12 and early 13.

Many (not all) were in a rush to figure out what they wanted and had questions that could have easily been answered with some research.  It began to piss a lot of people off in the Tech areas when 3 people were asking the same question in three different threads on the first page.

When I joined in 08 the board was MUCH harder on newbs than what you are experiencing.  If we didn't do the leg work and ask the most detailed question we would get slammed for not trying to figure it out ourselves first.  This isn't a new thing at all.  In many other forums you get the same treatment if you ask the same question without searching for the answer yourself first.

Couple that with some of the HUGE attitudes that some of the 13ers have and you get a recipe for disaster.

To some up, not ALL 13ers are looked down upon.  Usually when the answer " fuckin 13er" is given it's in reply to a question that is not hard at all to solve yourself or one that has been asked 87 times within the same week.

This is very true... I got heat in 05 for being a Newbie as well.

Yup.
And have a thick skin, 13ers. You're gonna catch crap, nothing personal. Just enjoy your notoriety.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 2:57:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am a 13er. And I was shooting an AR15 while many non-13ers were sucking tit. actually some of them were not even born yet.
View Quote

And you're still just another fuckin' 13er.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 3:03:45 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm a 13'er   and not one fuck was given.

And I thought this was the meme for 13'ers
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 3:06:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Its supposed to be an insult.  Fortunately for many of us we give no shits.
View Quote
You must give a shit, every time 13er is mentioned you flare up like a hemorrhoid.

Don't be so sensitive it's just an internet forum.

Link Posted: 9/19/2013 3:11:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 3:13:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don't be so sensitive it's just an internet forum.

View Quote

No, it's worse than that, it's General Discussion...
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 3:13:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

We are, and it is just because the ones who have been here forever wish they were us.
View Quote
No sorry I don't wish to have down syndrome....

Link Posted: 9/19/2013 3:14:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I'm a 13'er and not one fuck was given.

And I thought this was the meme for 13'ers

http://narwhaler.com/original/5t/j/come-at-me-bro-superman-5tJdqY.jpg
View Quote
Good one!

Link Posted: 9/19/2013 3:18:31 AM EDT
[#18]
For me it seems like a lot of the 13ers come with a whole host of attitude issues. They come into GD and post all sorts of stupid (insert truther, gun store, urban myth here) and then get all ButtHurt when people call them out on it. I am normally not one to call names or go for dogpile personal attacks but the stupid has been extremely high in here.
The thread that got me was a 13er who came here and posted that they wanted to know about what current missile defenses that we had. The 13er stated they had no knowledge of the topic and didn't know that an ICBM could actually reach the US. The discussion trended towards the Cold War MAD etc. The 13er got all bent out of shape and said that history didn't matter that it didn't effect what is going on right now and didn't want to know about what lead up to what is in place. I couldn't even wrap my head around how someone could get to the point where they couldn't understand that history matters at understanding the present. Then start lashing out at people who have been here for years. It was hopeless.
So 13ers leave the butt hurt at home and when you post stupid shit ( you are going to post it) maybe learn from people. It is not trying to indoctrinate you to group think or cyber bully but there are a lot of people here with advanced degrees, real first hand fucking knowledge (IE don't call Cinncinatus out on his patriotism) that your gun store bull shit or chairborne commando bravado becomes just so tone deaf. Leave the butthurt at the door and be open to learn. Actual knowledge not clinging to the bullshit that you heard at the gunstore or found posted on some truther site.  

Link Posted: 9/19/2013 3:22:57 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Guess I should have joined in 2007 when I started lurking...
View Quote

I see this all the time; "But I've been lurking since....."

If, after 6 years of lurking, you didn't find enough value in this place to make you join, you deserve to be a 13er.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 3:24:46 AM EDT
[#20]
when I found it and did some looking at the tech side I joined right away. I joined for the tech I paid for chuckles.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 3:33:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Everyone on this forum acts like a thirteen year old.   That's part of what makes it fun.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 3:45:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

ahh ok .. I'm with y'all now.    so that makes you an 06er ...got it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The term developed because as a group they are just so freaking weird.  And on this site that says a whole fuck of a lot.

ahh ok .. I'm with y'all now.    so that makes you an 06er ...got it.

There is no such thing as an 06'er or any other year'er...just a 13'er.

Link Posted: 9/19/2013 3:49:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

i think they're 13'ers that planned ahead

Link Posted: 9/19/2013 3:55:02 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Still no answer for them?

The consensus is that you guys joined only because of the latest anti-gun scare, rather than an actual love of firearms. "where were they when we needed them" frame of mind...

has anyone told you welcome back yet?

Link Posted: 9/19/2013 3:55:55 AM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 9/19/2013 3:58:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Hazing is a human tradition. Always has been, always will be.    

Thank you sir! May I have another?!?!?!?!?
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 4:33:03 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm 62, grumpy as hell, go to the range at least 3 times a week, suck up 140K of your tax dollars a year, hate kids and love dogs so what does that make me ?
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 4:33:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm 62, grumpy as hell, go to the range at least 3 times a week, suck up 140K of your tax dollars a year, hate kids and love dogs so what does that make me ?
View Quote

union?
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 4:43:51 AM EDT
[#29]
It's a derogatory term used on people who joined the site after the last gun control scare. Mainly just on those whom you don't agree with.

You see gun owners like to eat their own. And new gun owners is were they like to go. Instead of using that energy to constructively they use it to divide. That and to make asses out of themselves at Starbucks.

Gun owners are really their own worst enemy. And GD is their AO.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 4:50:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snowleopard got banninnated too?  
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 4:50:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Everyone on this forum acts like a thirteen year old.   That's part of what makes it fun.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
It's a derogatory term used on people who joined the site after the last gun control scare. Mainly just on those whom you don't agree with.

You see gun owners like to eat their own. And new gun owners is were they like to go. Instead of using that energy to constructively they use it to divide. That and to make asses out of themselves at Starbucks.

Gun owners are really their own worst enemy. And GD is their AO.

QFT x 2
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 4:53:38 AM EDT
[#32]
strictly as an aside observation Wouldnt it be better if they all felt welcome here so that they would buy memberships and contribute to the wealth of the owners? to that end a newby forum would make sense.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 4:57:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
From what I have seen there was a rush to join in late 12 and early 13.

Many (not all) were in a rush to figure out what they wanted and had questions that could have easily been answered with some research.  It began to piss a lot of people off in the Tech areas when 3 people were asking the same question in three different threads on the first page.

When I joined in 08 the board was MUCH harder on newbs than what you are experiencing.  If we didn't do the leg work and ask the most detailed question we would get slammed for not trying to figure it out ourselves first.  This isn't a new thing at all.  In many other forums you get the same treatment if you ask the same question without searching for the answer yourself first.

Couple that with some of the HUGE attitudes that some of the 13ers have and you get a recipe for disaster.

To some up, not ALL 13ers are looked down upon.  Usually when the answer " fuckin 13er" is given it's in reply to a question that is not hard at all to solve yourself or one that has been asked 87 times within the same week.
View Quote

i was called that yesterday on a statement i made about how im not buying any guns made in ct anymore due to the laws we have now. but someone thought he was better then me because his opinion wasnt the same as mine..  oh and that he joined this site 2 years before me
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 4:58:15 AM EDT
[#34]
triskaidekaphobia bitches
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 5:01:21 AM EDT
[#35]
I like the punishment doled out here. I actually enjoy it. I'm a glutton for it.

Ill be the 2013 gimp. may I have another sir
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 5:03:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I like the punishment doled out here. I actually enjoy it. I'm a glutton for it.

Ill be the 2013 gimp. may I have another sir
View Quote

No you may not you bad little 13er gimp now go make me a sandwich without useing your hands.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 5:31:58 AM EDT
[#37]
An overwhelming percentage of 13'ers appear to be "new," but inundated with all sorts of gun store knowledge, which is promptly used to start retarded threads advocating stupid practices.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 5:44:12 AM EDT
[#38]
all these old timers are just jealous of the new blood.

Link Posted: 9/19/2013 5:51:58 AM EDT
[#39]
[#40]
A 13r is anyone with a join date of OCT 12 and up.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 6:01:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Don't worry, we have a few more months until they can start bashing 14ers.          
View Quote

I don't think it will have the same effect, unless of course there is something that forces it, and lets hope that isn't the case.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 6:02:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 6:03:39 AM EDT
[#43]
OP is familiar
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 6:04:36 AM EDT
[#44]
or even better...

Link Posted: 9/19/2013 6:05:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
and why do ar15 folks say that ?
View Quote

101 Posts you Post Whoring 13'er

Link Posted: 9/19/2013 6:05:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I have never complained about being a 13er.  I am letting op know what to expect from this site and to tell him to not give a fuck.  I also never claimed to be original or special.  I will leave that to the site jockeys
View All Quotes
Quoted:
And yet how are you original you are another 13er complaining about being a 13er?  If it doesn't bother you then why do you post about it? why do you care what others think about 13ers?

I have never complained about being a 13er.  I am letting op know what to expect from this site and to tell him to not give a fuck.  I also never claimed to be original or special.  I will leave that to the site jockeys

You have expectations of this site?  Your really are a tard...
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 6:06:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

So I suppose that when you joined you acted like a 9 year old. With every generation we get a little bit smarter!
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 6:08:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
A 13r is anyone with a join date of OCT 12 and up.
View Quote

hey thats bullshit man. election/Newtown was in november and december.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 6:10:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Step 1:  Go to google
Step 2:  Type in 13er AR15.com
Step 3:  ??????
Step 4:  Cry in shower while jerkin' it to penguin anime
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 6:11:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did snowleapard get the hammer?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top