Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/12/2013 2:42:08 PM EDT
I ordered one of these months ago. It's finally arrived today.

Installed on a 7.5" SBR I built a few years ago.

The way it was-

Here's the new PDW stock-

And here it is on the gun-

The stock is well made and functions flawlessly.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 2:46:45 PM EDT
[#1]
that looks awesome!
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Trying to make your own honey badger OP?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 2:48:54 PM EDT
[#4]
My pants are at maximum stretching capacity.

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Was just thinking about these. Perfect timing.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 2:51:40 PM EDT
[#6]
It took awhile to get and then took awhile to get here. I didn't realize all the time it took to getbthru customs and then to me. This was also the first time I had to write UPS a check for a brokerage fee when it arrived.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 2:53:33 PM EDT
[#7]
so the buffer is perm attached to the bolt carrier?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 2:55:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
so the buffer is perm attached to the bolt carrier?
View Quote

Yep, built all into one piece.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 2:55:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Is it wrong that I find those pictures arousing?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#10]
That's hotness.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 2:58:09 PM EDT
[#11]
do you need to do a new Form 1 as the OAL is now shorter? (or is it? can't really tell)
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
do you need to do a new Form 1 as the OAL is now shorter?
View Quote

OAL is measured with the stock all the way out.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:00:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
do you need to do a new Form 1 as the OAL is now shorter? (or is it? can't really tell)
View Quote

I thought about that while I was doing the assembly. I'm going to the ATF tommorrow and ask that question. In theory it still can be the same length depending on where the stock is set.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:01:46 PM EDT
[#14]

fuckthatsasexybitch.

If I knew 100% that it would run with 300BLK, I'd be trying to buy one.

OP, can you give us a rough estimate of what the total cost (item, taxes, etc) was?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:03:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Does yours lock all the way open and all the way closed? Does the bolt hold open work?

These are the problems I'm having with my NEA stock... Got one of the first ones, don't want to send it back for having to pay customs again....
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

fuckthatsasexybitch.

OP, can you give us a rough estimate of what the total cost (item, taxes, etc) was?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

fuckthatsasexybitch.

$380 with shipping.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#17]
That's pretty awesome.

WHY CAN I NOT HAVE AN SBR IN MI?!?!?!  
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Does yours lock all the way open and all the way closed? Does the bolt hold open work?

These are the problems I'm having with my NEA stock... Got one of the first ones, don't want to send it back for having to pay customs again....
View Quote

When I first installed it no. I removed some of the plastic on the buffer and it functions flawlessly now.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That's pretty awesome.

WHY CAN I NOT HAVE AN SBR IN MI?!?!?!  
View Quote

It's being worked on. Have patience...
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:31:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I thought about that while I was doing the assembly. I'm going to the ATF tommorrow and ask that question. In theory it still can be the same length depending on where the stock is set.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No need to contact the ATF.

The gun could be returned to original with no issues.  The only time it would ever become an issue is if you wanted to sell the gun in that format and you submitted a Form 4 that didn't match what the NFRTR shows (IE you didn't copy the numbers from your Form 1).

Looks killer by the way.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:32:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

When I first installed it no. I removed some of the plastic on the buffer and it functions flawlessly now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just going to shim the buffer tube out a little, won't be noticeable. I'd be all over it already but the lower it was on had to be reconfigured as a long range rifle in a hurry for a 400 yard Appleseed class. I'll get back to it, it's going to be an integrally suppressed carbine until we get SBR's here.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Do you have a website for these? Will that carrier work with sear guns ?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:38:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

NEA PDW

I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

It might require an adjustable gas system due to the bolt/carrier being one piece and the weight being different than what's in your gun now.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#24]
That's pretty cool. I really really like the aesthetics of the honey badger. too bad it requires a proprietary receiver. This is a pretty decent compromise though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:43:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Why am I going to Canada to buy this?  Why can't someone make something similar here?  They've sold a shitload of them and I am ready to buy so it isn't a demand problem, all those guys at the top and bottom of this screen need to get on the ball.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:47:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Why am I going to Canada to buy this?  Why can't someone make something similar here?  They've sold a shitload of them and I am ready to buy so it isn't a demand problem, all those guys at the top and bottom of this screen need to get on the ball.
View Quote

Well, there is a domestically made stock similar to this, but there's a catch.

It's made by Troy.

ETA: I've kept my feelings regarding the Monroe deal to myself because I have some acquaintances and friends at Troy, they are good people so I'll continue to keep my opinions to myself.

Their stock seems pretty awesome and solves some of the issues people have with the NEA stocks, FWIW.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#27]
does that rod get in the way of the selector? loks like it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#28]
makes me really wish i could own an SBR.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks sweet, but it also looks like it would make manipulating the selector an issue. Does it?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#30]
That's a damn fine looking stock. Thanks for posting the pictures.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:54:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Looks sweet, but it also looks like it would make manipulating the selector an issue. Does it?
View Quote

Yeah, kinda. It's a tight fit. Fully collapsed it also bumps against BAD levers too.

ETA: And with some uppers and lowers it's also a bear to mate the two halves.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:56:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:56:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

NEA PDW

It might require an adjustable gas system due to the bolt/carrier being one piece and the weight being different than what's in your gun now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NEA PDW

Thanks!
Awesome rifle, by the way.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My pants are at maximum stretching capacity.

View Quote

I agree and ....

Pics?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:58:07 PM EDT
[#35]
That is pure sex.  

PURE

SEX

can you post a pic with it extended ?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:58:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yeah, kinda. It's a tight fit. Fully collapsed it also bumps against BAD levers too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't even think about the take down pin. Anyone have pics with it extended?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:00:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The selector is a little tight. Mine is collapsed to the first lock. No interference with the bad lever.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:01:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The stock expands clear of the pin; the issue is with the buffer being integrated into the carrier, the upper cannot pivot on the forward pin. It has to be assembled at one time, meaning the buffer must fit into the receiver extension at the same time the rear takedown pin tab in the upper has to seat in the lower. It's a tricky, awkward fit.

ETA: Once seated, it works well.

ETA2: I am using an old Eagle Arms pre-ban lower receiver with mine on a super light 16" DD barreled upper.  So it could just be my lower is old.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:15:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Oh, BTW-for those of you with laws against SBR's, this one is 29-3/4 long with a 16" barrel and a Battlecomp 1.0.

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:28:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Oh, BTW-for those of you with laws against SBR's, this one is 29-3/4 long with a 16" barrel and a Battlecomp 1.0.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c282/sfdave/IMG_20130610_171917_zpsd4eab5e7.jpg
View Quote

Looks great.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#43]

How much do you normally spend on a stock, buffer, buffer tube, buffer spring,and bolt carrier?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:30:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Cool
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:32:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

How much do you normally spend on a stock, buffer, buffer tube, buffer spring,and bolt carrier?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

the bolt carrier and the RE are all one assembly? How is reliability?

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:33:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

the bolt carrier and the RE are all one thing with this? How is reliability?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't comment on the reliability. Will start running it thru the tests this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:34:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The stock expands clear of the pin; the issue is with the buffer being integrated into the carrier, the upper cannot pivot on the forward pin. It has to be assembled at one time, meaning the buffer must fit into the receiver extension at the same time the rear takedown pin tab in the upper has to seat in the lower. It's a tricky, awkward fit.

ETA2: I am using an old Eagle Arms pre-ban lower receiver with mine on a super light 16" DD barreled upper.  So it could just be my lower is old.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I made the connection right after I posted.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#48]
I was concerned when I saw this in GD that everyone would go order one. Then I realized 99% of you won't spend that kind of money on a stock.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:37:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I can't comment on the reliability. Will start running it thru the tests this weekend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope it runs for you, If long term reliability is comparabale to a regular bolt system I might get one. It looks like the Key on the Bolt carrier is not staked.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I hope it runs for you, If long term reliability is comparabale to a regular bolt system I might get one. It looks like the Key on the Bolt carrier is not staked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's staked. Just hard to see in the picture.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top