Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh, my loins.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Neat looking stock.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:44:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I was really digging it until I realized the bolt aspect.  I can't trade interchangeability between other BCGs just to save a few inches.  I applaud their awesome design, but the reason I like AR's is that I can run multiple configurations and swap bolts with any of them ever 'break down'.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's staked. Just hard to see in the picture.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope it runs for you, If long term reliability is comparabale to a regular bolt system I might get one. It looks like the Key on the Bolt carrier is not staked.

It's staked. Just hard to see in the picture.

Good. I hope it works. I'm seeing this mated to a evolution gun works 16" barrel and carbine length MI GEN II handguards with a light weight bi-pod and 2.5-10x24 NF optic. Yeah you just made my wallet cry.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:11:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 6:19:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Any updates on reliability?

Also wish Troy would release their version so I did not have to deal with customs.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 6:48:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Also wish Troy would release their version so I did not have to deal with customs.
View Quote

I have ran about 600 rounds thru this combo to date. I have had one fail to fire, it was a bad round nothing to do with the stock. The stock has been flawless to date.

The only issue I have with this gun I need  the ATF to hurry up with my stamp. It will kill your ears without hearing protection.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have ran about 600 rounds thru this combo to date. I have had one fail to fire, it was a bad round nothing to do with the stock. The stock has been flawless to date.

The only issue I have with this gun I need  the ATF to hurry up with my stamp. It will kill your ears without hearing protection.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you know anyone with a short 300blk upper you could test out? I really want one of these for my 300blk SBR (well, it will be as soon as the damned stamp gets here) but I have concerns about reliability. Probably unfounded, but still.
It would really make a sweet little package. Looks killer.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Do you know anyone with a short 300blk upper you could test out? I really want one of these for my 300blk SBR (well, it will be as soon as the damned stamp gets here) but I have concerns about reliability. Probably unfounded, but still.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a blackout upper but I haven't swapped them around yet. I limit my blackout shooting to hunting due to the ammo still being hard to find. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work equally well on either caliber.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have a blackout upper but I haven't swapped them around yet. I limit my blackout shooting to hunting due to the ammo still being hard to find. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work equally well on either caliber.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you'd be willing to do a low-volume test I could send you 20 220 gr subs & 20 supers just for a quick function test. (Factory ammo.) I'm struggling not to order one right now.
I have an SDN-6, but I'm not a huge fan of short 5.56 barrels (super loud unsuppressed, loud suppressed & they eat blast baffles) so if 300 has problems it would be kind of useless to me. Let me know about the ammo. I'm serious.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Hell with it. I just pre-ordered one.
Hope the stamp gets here soon.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 11:32:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Hmmm...do they make a buffer/bolt for 9mm?
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 11:29:39 AM EDT
[#13]
all you get is the carrier, you supply the bolt, so Im guessing if you put it on an ar15 comfigured for 9mm, just slap the 9mm bolt in the new carrier
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
all you get is the carrier, you supply the bolt, so Im guessing if you put it on an ar15 comfigured for 9mm, just slap the 9mm bolt in the new carrier
View Quote

You probably need more weight in the buffer for 9mm than 5.56/.300, since it's straight blowback.
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Oh, BTW-for those of you with laws against SBR's, this one is 29-3/4 long with a 16" barrel and a Battlecomp 1.0.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c282/sfdave/IMG_20130610_171917_zpsd4eab5e7.jpg
View Quote

good to know, thanks. tempted to get one for a pinned 14.5, but like others i think i wanna wait for more reports of reliable operation. and i don't like that it uses a non-standard carrier, but i think i will get over that.
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#16]
I have one of these sitting in the safe, haven't gotten around to putting it on anything, got it for $320 on the pre-order about a year ago.

I never had to pay anything on the shipping and mine arrived pretty quickly after shipment

For those asking, according to NEA, you'll need to purchase a .300BLK buffer spring for it (which they also sell), so it's not as easy as just switching uppers.

Link Posted: 12/2/2013 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Interdasting!
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 12:27:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have one of these sitting in the safe, haven't gotten around to putting it on anything, got it for $320 on the pre-order about a year ago.

I never had to pay anything on the shipping and mine arrived pretty quickly after shipment

For those asking, according to NEA, you'll need to purchase a .300BLK buffer spring for it (which they also sell), so it's not as easy as just switching uppers.

View Quote

I'm impatient, and I want one of those now. The site said they'd probably ship in mid-late Nov, and that has come & gone.  Wanna sell it?
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Didnt know about the carrier thing. I dont care for that. If anybody gets one please fill us in.

Titties
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 1:19:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Didnt know about the carrier thing. I dont care for that. If anybody gets one please fill us in.

Titties
View Quote

Has to have a shorter carrier. Doesn't bother me a bit.
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Titties

If I was able to buy extras easily Id be more comfy about it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Titties

How often does a bolt carrier fail though?
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm impatient, and I want one of those now. The site said they'd probably ship in mid-late Nov, and that has come & gone.  Wanna sell it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, got it planned for an (eventual) just-above-SBR length build
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Very, very cool!
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But I have a real SBR.
Or, at least I will as soon as they get the second copy of my form that I swear I included the first time. It's engraved & everything. It just needs an awesome stock.
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 7:08:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I wonder how this compairs in length to a closed LWRC UCIW stock?  I put one of those on order over Black Friday.
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Damn it why did I click on this thread.
Add 1 more thing to the " Do fucking want! " list.
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I wonder how this compairs in length to a closed LWRC UCIW stock?  I put one of those on order over Black Friday.
View Quote

Guess I'll be finding out when my UCIW stock set ships as well.

It's been hard to find info comparing the two, but I'll be the difference is less than an inch.
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#29]
DOPE
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Your gun made it in to my wallpapers folder.
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It's been hard to find info comparing the two, but I'll be the difference is less than an inch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read it was around an inch. But an inch is an inch. I want it as short as possible, just because.
I like the HK/Honey Badger style stock, too. Especially since it is actually adjustable to different lengths with those cuts.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 3:50:23 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote
9mm bolts are one piece with the carrier, so this won't work with a 9mm bolt.  If you want a short stock for the 9mm get the LWRC UCIW.  They used a flatwire spring to help solve the spring compression issues so it works with standard carriers.

Link Posted: 12/3/2013 4:09:10 AM EDT
[#33]
RC, could you take a picture of the bottom of the bolt carrier please?

I want to know if it'll work with a full auto.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 4:14:14 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
How much do you normally spend on a stock, buffer, buffer tube, buffer spring,and bolt carrier?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

How much do you normally spend on a stock, buffer, buffer tube, buffer spring,and bolt carrier?

$170 this last black friday for all of the above. (B5 Systems stock from DSG, buffer kit from PA, full BCG from NFA)

The price comparison is invalid.

However, the features of the stock are what matters.

Link Posted: 12/3/2013 4:17:32 AM EDT
[#35]
I has all kinds of smiles on my face.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 4:19:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

That looks awesome.

Link Posted: 12/3/2013 4:32:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:Or, at least I will as soon as they get the second copy of my form that I swear I included the first time. It's engraved & everything. It just needs an awesome stock.
View Quote

Well I guess everything is for sale at the right price, shoot me a PM with an offer and I'll consider it.

I'm only considering this because the LWRC UCIW is available now.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top