Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/12/2013 7:21:34 AM EDT

This poor dog has been tortured, starved and shot.  My friend Shannon Fredo from the Gypsy Haven Rescue will be trying to help him. We are having him taken to the vet today to see what can be done.  His wound is festering but perhaps he can be treated.

Now Shannon has helped at least two arfcommer find rescue dogs and she is unbelievably dedicated to helphing animals in distress.  She has problems every month finding enough dog food and if anyone will help, I would be very grateful.

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:22:58 AM EDT
[#1]
The same savage that should have the same thing happened to him and then some.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:24:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Some POS savage
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:26:12 AM EDT
[#3]
As terrible as his poor tortured body looks, the look in his eyes is even worse.

Please keep us updated.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:30:35 AM EDT
[#4]

The shelter where he is at wanted to have him put down.  But when I heard that his wound was treatable, I asked Shannon to please take him to the vet and let's see what can be done for him.

Shannon is trying to get him out of the shelter and to the vet. That's the latest update.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:33:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm seeing the 'starved' part, but not the torture and shooting part.

I've shot a lot of things in my time and a dog that size...you'd have a hard time shooting him with just about anything and not killing him.  There is just no 'free' hide, fat, etc to take a shot?

Maybe a pic?  

I'd suspect something other than 'gun shot' wound on him.

"She has problems every month finding enough dog food and if anyone will help, I would be very grateful."

Pretty sure you need Site Staff approval before soliciting funds.

TRG
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:35:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've shot a lot of things in my time and a dog that size...you'd have a hard time shooting him with just about anything and not killing him.  There is just no 'free' hide, fat, etc to take a shot?

Maybe a pic?  

TRG
View Quote

I'm not sure what he was shot with. He could have been shot with a BB or a pellet gun.   But he has a festering wound caused by some projectile.  In any event the poor dog is in sad shape.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:35:45 AM EDT
[#7]
FPNI

Makes me sad to see that. Our family dog was abused before we got him and he had that same look in his eyes
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:36:41 AM EDT
[#8]
You should set up a gofundme page to help fund treatment and medical bills
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:37:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Sad to think that anyone would be capable of doing that to this poor dog, but you have only to read any pit bull thread here on Arfcom to hear countless people advocating for them to be shot on sight, and for the extermination of anything that even remotely resembles a pit bull.

The callousness of those threads breaks my heart. These threads help it heal a little.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:38:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The shelter where he is at wanted to have him put down.  But when I heard that his wound was treatable, I asked Shannon to please take him to the vet and let's see what can be done for him.

Shannon is trying to get him out of the shelter and to the vet. That's the latest update.
View Quote

Thank you.  Please check your PMs.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:39:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Where was the dog found?

If he was stray and got into it with another dog someone may have taken a shot at him.

I know if he attacked my dog he'd be shot.

But, if he was in someone's care during the abuse......string them up.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:45:08 AM EDT
[#12]

He is at the Lancaster, South Carolina animal shelter.  If someone reading this is nearby Lancaster, would they please consider taking him to the vet?

Shannon is three hours away and can't get there.  If someone will take this poor dog to the vet, I will pay for his care.  Just PM me.

Please.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#13]
You should ask for help in the SC hometown forum. The NC hometown wouldn't be a bad either as Lancaster is right on the state line.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:02:25 AM EDT
[#14]

There is no shortage of Pitbull enthusiasts with kennels in South Carolina it shouldn't be a problem finding him a home.

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:03:20 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd like to make that person into a training aid.

Fluffy, you are a good man.  The world needs more like you.  

I hope that dog gets what he needs.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:07:11 AM EDT
[#16]
You're a good man, Fluffy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:10:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You're a good man, Fluffy.
View Quote

God bless you Fluffy!!

The look in that pup eyes makes me dusty.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:14:05 AM EDT
[#18]
No shortage of scum in my area either.

A Shadyside man, already accused of animal cruelty after his two dogs were found dead, is back in the Belmont County Jail.   Jesse Arno, 35, was arrested early Tuesday. Arno is facing aggravated robbery, conspiracy, aggravated assault, and menacing charges.   Arno is also awaiting trial in Belmont County after his two pit bulls were found dead outside of his home in May.   Investigators said the dogs were found outside in extreme temperatures with no food, shelter or water.   

Read More at: http://www.wtov9.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/shadyside-man-faces-robbery-conspiracy-charges-1177.shtml?wap=0
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:14:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Your location says Canada.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:22:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Jeezus Christ.

I can admit I'm not a pitbull person, but nothing, no animal should be treated like that.

And I truly hope that karma is the bitch I've heard.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:22:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Your location says Canada.  
View Quote

He's in Canada, but he works quite diligently from there to help dogs in distress. Very generous and caring individual.

Good luck FTC
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:24:19 AM EDT
[#22]
poor dag
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:26:40 AM EDT
[#23]
When I was in high school a friend took me to his friends house, the guy was probably late 20's.

The 3 of us sat down on the couch and after a few minutes a pit bull came into the room. The pit bull walked up to the guy and the guy punched it so hard in the face it probably would have knocked me out had it been me. I still remember the sound after 20+ years.

There was a minute or more of silence as we stared at him with our mouths open. Then my friend asked him, why do you punch your dog? The guy looked at us and said, to make him tough.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have a dog.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:29:38 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

When I was in high school a friend took me to his friends house, the guy was probably late 20's.

The 3 of us sat down on the couch and after a few minutes a pit bull came into the room. The pit bull walked up to the guy and the guy punched it so hard in the face it probably would have knocked me out had it been me. I still remember the sound after 20+ years.

There was a minute or more of silence as we stared at him with our mouths open. Then my friend asked him, why do you punch your dog? The guy looked at us and said, to make him tough.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have a dog.
View Quote

I would have been inclined to toughen him up as well.  I am not an animal activst by any means, but  I also don't believe in mistreating them either.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:30:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Still standing, looks happy to have someone giving him attention with a wagging tale. I'm thinking he will be ok.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:31:24 AM EDT
[#26]
The dumping of dogs right now is bad our local shelter is full. Good luck! We try to donate to our local shelter.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:39:00 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I'd like to make that person into a training aid.

Fluffy, you are a good man.  The world needs more like you.  

I hope that dog gets what he needs.
View Quote
This.

The look in that dog's eyes......
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:53:30 AM EDT
[#28]

The dog is on the way to the vet as I type this
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#29]

I thought this would be a beans in chili thread.

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:14:12 AM EDT
[#30]
If you can set up a fund, Mrs. Birddog and I would be glad to chip in to help pay for the vet bills.

I fucking hate some humans.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:21:49 AM EDT
[#31]
I for one would like to meet whoever did this to that poor little doggie, just for a .......um.............little chat.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:32:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I for one would like to meet whoever did this to that poor little doggie, just for a .......um.............little chat.
View Quote

carpool???

ETA - FTC - you mention that they need money for food? If she has a paypal account I'm in for $50 - PM me
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:46:27 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I've shot a lot of things in my time and a dog that size...you'd have a hard time shooting him with just about anything and not killing him. There is just no 'free' hide, fat, etc to take a shot?

Maybe a pic?

"She has problems every month finding enough dog food and if anyone will help, I would be very grateful."

Pretty sure you need Site Staff approval before soliciting funds.

TRG
View Quote

My thoughts also, looks starved , but otherwise ok from the pic.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#34]
this is horrible, I hate seeing these things! I have faith in Fluffy, and I know he will make sure this dog gets a good home. He helped me get my Nala, and I am forever grateful to him for that!!

With Fluffy involved, this pup will be ok.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:58:33 AM EDT
[#35]
I hate people that are mean to animals. And for no reason.

I long for the days of public hanging.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 10:00:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The dog is on the way to the vet as I type this
View Quote

Good, thank you.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 10:05:32 AM EDT
[#37]

I am waiting to hear from the vet.  I hope this dog can be helped
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 10:17:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me, too.

A non-verbal chat.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Waiting for update also.

Good work Fluffy
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Tagged for vet outcome.

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 11:14:54 AM EDT
[#41]
The vet just called.  He said the dog has a chance.  I told the vet to give the dog whatever he needs.  The dog was not shot.  The wound was a bite.

The vet also said that the dog was very affectionate.  The vet said, "he keeps licking my hand and wagging his tail"
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 11:18:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The vet just called.  He said the dog has a chance.  I told the vet to give the dog whatever he needs.  The dog was not shot.  The wound was a bite.

The vet also said that the dog was very affectionate.  The vet said, "he keeps licking my hand and wagging his tail"
View Quote

Thanks a million.  Please keep us updated.

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 11:22:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fluffy, you are one kick-ass individual!  

As Dennis Miller says..."You are in a pneumatic tube to heaven."

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 11:24:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pup has a handsome face and a surprisingly good looking coat considering his health at his current state. Combine that with a good demeanor and he will make someone a fine pet if he recovers.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 11:24:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Please set up a donation link and I'll gladly throw in some money.   I hope my animals someday see me as the hero you are to So many.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

All that dog has been through and it still has affection.  That's why dogs are awesome
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 11:39:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Looks about like the pit we rescued 4-5 years ago. Same basic condition. It took about a year to get him physically up to speed. He's getting old now and suffering from some internal problems the vet says resulted from his early mistreatment. Nothing much we can really do at this point. He loves his tennis ball and is basically a "love bug" of a dog. He was less than 35 pounds when we got him, been around 50-55 since then. Good luck & thanks for your efforts.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#49]

I was using my phone when I last posted.  But here are the full details.

The dog has been a fight with another dog.  He has been chewed upon.  He is also bothered with worms and he is anemic.  He needs anti biotics and blood transfusions.

But he has a really good shot at recovering.  The vet will call me tomorrow.

Assuming he is fit for travel, Shannon will take him in until he fully regains his strength.

I know I'm repeating myself, but the vet repeated himself when he told me that this dog has a gentle temperment.  The vet said that this dog is between one and two years old.

We are getting ahead of ourselves here, but will anyone consider giving him a good home?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Maybe just got dumped/abandoned and left to some hard times.
Poor dog.
I despise those who mistreat animals and children, helpless vulnerable things.
deadbeat dads, deadbeat pet owners, abusers.. Lowly plane of existence.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top