Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:20:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Here weeeeeeeee go!
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:20:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh DAMN.  He's dead!
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:23:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Man, Rumble looks strong.  He's there to throw bombs.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:23:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Ceroone is an animal. Give props to Makdessi for taking such a dangerous fight on such short notice. Poor Vitor he did so good

LETS GO AJ!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:23:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Rumble stuffed one of those takedowns but probably tired a bit from the others.

Will be interesting if he can keep this on the feet.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:25:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rumble stuffed one of those takedowns but probably tired a bit from the others.

Will be interesting if he can keep this on the feet.
View Quote

Hard to remember a fighter that throws so fucking hard. I couldn't imagine getting hit by that man.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:27:37 AM EDT
[#7]
This is what I was afraid from from DC.  He's implementing his game plan.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:28:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn, DC may grind him this round.  Rumble looks tired.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:29:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Rumble isn't looking good at all.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:29:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Did Rumble get broken?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:29:58 AM EDT
[#11]
DC seems a lot more relaxed compared to the JJ fight.  I bet all the stress played w/ his emotions.

Respect to DC so far.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:32:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Hmmm.

Wow.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:33:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Wow. Just, wow.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:33:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Rumble isn't looking good at all.
View Quote

When he gave up his back, he was looking for a way out.
He got broken
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:33:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Carrying around that much muscle comes at a great cost.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:33:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Well I will humbly eat my crow sandwich now.  I didn't expect that.

Much respect to DC.  He was a lot more relaxed and stayed calm after eating some big shots.  Good for him.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:34:00 AM EDT
[#17]
This feels like Machida/Rockhold.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:34:48 AM EDT
[#18]
I thought DC was going to be finished the way AJ started out. DC is one tough sumbich.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:37:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Gotta give it up to DC.  I actually think losing to Bones and the short notice helped him.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:41:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Much respect to DC.  He was a lot more relaxed and stayed calm after eating some big shots.  Good for him.
View Quote

I wanted DC to win, but I didn't expect it. I think if Jones come back, it will not be an easy fight against DC. I think DC psyched himself out against Jones.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:41:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Wow, Rumble got worked over hard
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:42:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anybody else think uriah hall won his fight?
View Quote

Yeah I did.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:43:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I wanted DC to win, but I didn't expect it. I think if Jones come back, it will not be an easy fight against DC. I think DC psyched himself out against Jones.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think so too.  But as much as I dislike Jon Jones the person, I don't think Jon Jones the fighter can be beaten right now.  I guess we'll see.  A rematch with DC will probably do a lot more buys than Rumble/Jones would have.  Easy fight to sell.  Just not sure I see a different outcome.

If Jones does get his head right, DC's win is absolutely going to stew inside Jones.  Jones will be back better and meaner IMO.

ETA:  I really like DC and I'm really happy he got the win.  I know Phil Davis isn't an olympian, but I figured that after we saw Rumble defend all of Davis' takedowns, Rumble would have done better against DC than he did.  I would love to see DC beat Jones and I'll be rooting for him, but I just don't see it happening.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:44:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Now, that's a call out
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:52:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Wrestlers tried to ruin this card.. Thanks to Browne, AA, Cerrone, Makdessi, Vitor all made it exciting.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:54:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Wrestlers tried to ruin this card.. Thanks to Browne, AA, Cerrone, Makdessi, Vitor all made it exciting.
View Quote

There's a big difference though.  Some guy's are happy to wrestlefuck for 3 or 5 rounds.  Others, like Munoz, Weidman, etc. will use their wrestling to put them on top and then finish the fight or at least try.  it's the guys who doesn't even attempt to finish a fight from the dominant position who make me want to watch women's golf.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:00:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

There's a big difference though.  Some guy's are happy to wrestlefuck for 3 or 5 rounds.  Others, like Munoz, Weidman, etc. will use their wrestling to put them on top and then finish the fight or at least try.  it's the guys who doesn't even attempt to finish a fight from the dominant position who make me want to watch women's golf.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:04:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Now, that's a call out
View Quote

Yup. I loved that. Thought it was perfect.

I thought the turning point in that fight was when DC picked Rumble up and carried him to the center of the octagon.

'No. You are not using the cage to defend against my takedowns. We will fight this fight the way I want to.'

He had a huge reach disadvantage, so he closed the distance and imposed his will. That's what I love about this sport.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:36:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I might have to eat crow shortly but I'm surprised how many people online are picking DC to win.  Without arguing my position I'll just wait and see.  
View Quote
Hows it taste?

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:39:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hows it taste?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I might have to eat crow shortly but I'm surprised how many people online are picking DC to win.  Without arguing my position I'll just wait and see.  
Hows it taste?

Not bad.  Just added lots of salt.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:56:57 AM EDT
[#31]
My wife watched the fights, described them all to me when I woke up at 2 AM and her descriptions are dead on with all the descriptions in this thread

I knew business would be nuts today because of the holidays and if I opened up on 1-2 hours sleep I ran a good change of losing my shit on a customer or four today

Sounds like i missed one hell of a card, I am off for the July 11th card when Cody Garbrandt fights so that makes me happy
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 2:32:33 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I think so too.  But as much as I dislike Jon Jones the person, I don't think Jon Jones the fighter can be beaten right now.  I guess we'll see.  A rematch with DC will probably do a lot more buys than Rumble/Jones would have.  Easy fight to sell.  Just not sure I see a different outcome.

If Jones does get his head right, DC's win is absolutely going to stew inside Jones.  Jones will be back better and meaner IMO.

ETA:  I really like DC and I'm really happy he got the win.  I know Phil Davis isn't an olympian, but I figured that after we saw Rumble defend all of Davis' takedowns, Rumble would have done better against DC than he did.  I would love to see DC beat Jones and I'll be rooting for him, but I just don't see it happening.
View Quote

I want to see JJ come back and say to hell with the LHW division, he's btdt. I want him to call out DC's big brother Cain (if he gets past werdum). If he does that and actually beats Cain, DC's head that would be filled with fuckery forever.  I know it probably won't happen that way, but that is my mma dream.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#33]
I bought the card and did not feel like I got robbed.  I wish Rumble had won but it looked like he gassed quickly.  He didnt look right...I wonder if nerves played on him being the first time he has fought for a title.

I was happy to see Andre win.  That was a crazy fight!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:15:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I want to see JJ come back and say to hell with the LHW division, he's btdt. I want him to call out DC's big brother Cain (if he gets past werdum). If he does that and actually beats Cain, DC's head that would be filled with fuckery forever.  I know it probably won't happen that way, but that is my mma dream.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be awesome.
He should then go beat DC's ass just to prove his point a 2nd time.
Jones is too talented, I think he kicks Cain's ass and finishes DC in 3 the 2nd time around.
Unfortunately, Cain will fight Werdum soon and will be on the shelf for at least another year following that fight.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:28:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Oops, slight typo  

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#36]
I heard somewhere that Bader was next for a title shot if Jones doesn't come back soon.  That would not be a fight I pay for.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:08:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I heard somewhere that Bader was next for a title shot if Jones doesn't come back soon.  That would not be a fight I pay for.
View Quote

I don't believe it, but it looks like he is up to #3 on the rankings.  I'd pass on that fight too.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:16:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I don't believe it, but it looks like he is up to #3 on the rankings.  I'd pass on that fight too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see Jones coming back within 6-9 months.  Cormier will want to fight and get paid.  Plus, while Bader is a good fighter, I don't see him giving Cormier too many problems.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:20:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends on the undercard. Bader can go and he throw haymakers.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:29:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everything Bader can do, DC does way better.
Bader gets completely destroyed and a GnP stoppage in 3 rounds vs DC.

“There’s somebody else that needs his [expletive] kicked too. I think he’s around here. That’s Ryan Bader’s [expletive] and I’m going to beat the [expletive] out of him next time. You keep taking Bader…. This guy’s so disrespectful. I’m trying to fight Anthony Johnson, and Ryan Bader’s writing me stupid messages on Twitter because he wants people to think that he deserves a title shot.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OKuNWymjWI
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:39:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bader CAN throw but after he got careless with Glover and Lyoto and got knocked out, he went back to his wrestling roots and started wrestlefucking people again.  DC is a better and stronger wrestler and will beat him no problem.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Free fights tomorrow night.

Prelims @ 5pm/8pm

Main @ 7pm/10pm

Both of Fox Sports 1

Anybody picking Alves over Condit?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:32:08 PM EDT
[#43]
I may DVR the fights tomorrow night and watch later. I hate all the translation time when fights are in Brazil

Awww fuck it, I have Sunday off and may just watch the fights and reline my 4 muskie poles while they are translating

ETA: I like Condit but hell if I know who will win the main fight. IF I was betting I would bet on Alves

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Prelims are underway!!!!

The first fight was pretty good.  Bektic is going to be one to watch in the Featherweight division.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:32:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Prelims are underway!!!!

The first fight was pretty good.  Bektic is going to be one to watch in the Featherweight division.
View Quote

Lot of people are high on him.  I've thought he's looked real impressive his last few fights.  I imagine he'll get a step up in competition next.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 9:50:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Damn the tide changed fast in this last fight
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 9:59:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Waiting for the mains. Wish the talking heads would STFU.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Waiting for the mains. Wish the talking heads would STFU.
View Quote

They are filling dead time, I am pretty sure anyway but I have been wrong before

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 10:23:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Those elbows were fucking nasty!!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 10:33:52 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Those elbows were fucking nasty!!!
View Quote

Oh hell yes they were. BOOM BOOM out goes the lights

Page / 320
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top