Poor guy is getting old...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
that didnt go well for Clay..

Poor guy is getting old...

He's all heart and seems like a great guy but when he faces guys who are more technical, it exposes his wild striking.  He has cardio for days, but that doesn't cut it and you're right, age waits for no man.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:22:49 PM EDT
[#7]
he got KTFO!
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
he got KTFO!
View Quote

Speaking of getting old...Dang...
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:25:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Rumble is for real at 205.  I'm sad he wasted his youth trying to cut to 170.  He's said he doesn't want to rush things but he's already top 5.  Not much more to go before I see him in a title fight.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Johnson just destroyed little nog.... sweet
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:54:02 PM EDT
[#11]
this should be a good fight.. im hoping for a brown win
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:06:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

this should be a good fight.. im hoping for a brown win
View Quote

Me too, I want Brown to win, Brown has a hell of a chin but Lawler has power for days, maybe Lawlwer's cardio will die off now

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:06:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Brown settling down a bit.  Looks better than he did in the first few minutes of the first round.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:12:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Brown took another bad ass body shot, wasn't it Brown's last fight that he dropped from a body shot?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:16:53 PM EDT
[#15]
brown is done unless he gets a lucky shot..
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:18:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

brown is done unless he gets a lucky shot..
View Quote

I agree and I don't think that will happen, Brown keeps head kicking and it just isn't there

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:19:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Brown's not pushing forward like he does.  Bad weight cut or maybe he's just too leery of walking into something.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:22:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Broken hand

ETA: Game set match Lawler

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Great fight
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:25:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Broken hand
View Quote
yeah looked like that, kept wincing and shaking it after he punched him

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:29:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I went to High School with Robbie Lawler.  One grade under me.  He was a crazy motherfucker.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:12:28 PM EDT
[#22]
UFC fighter Noad Lahat is going back to Israel to join his reserve unit with the IDF.  Good for him and I hope he stays safe.

Link
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Anderson Silva v. Nick Diaz set for Superbowl weekend.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:59:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Barring freak leg breakage, my money is on Silva,

Watching either Diaz brother get pummeled is worth the price of admission.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

O please GOD protect Silva and Diaz from injury so the fight will happen for sure.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used to think like that, but I've changed my tune on the Diaz brothers.  For one, you have to respect their style.  They don't put on boring fights.

And two, whether you like their rough personality or not, it's real.  I respect Jon Jones as a fighter for his skills, but he strikes me as a head-case.  He can't decide whether to be a fan favorite or trolls fighters and talk shit.

The Diaz brothers talk shit, and it seems 100% genuine, that's them and their personalities and how they've grown up.  I respect that and kind of like it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 5:58:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Holy shit!

Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier were at a media day in Vegas.  Things got a *bit* out of control.

Link Posted: 8/4/2014 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Came here to post this. I'm a big jon jones fan but I think the champ needs to act with a bit more class. I know they've been trading shots. Sometimes I wonder if Dana white orchestrates this stuff.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Came here to post this. I'm a big jon jones fan but I think the champ needs to act with a bit more class. I know they've been trading shots. Sometimes I wonder if Dana white orchestrates this stuff.
View Quote

IMHO...No way.  UFC 178 was going to be big even before this happened.  If you "fake" a brawl you risk serious injury that could knock somebody out of the fight.  Every MMA reporter I have read online says that this is no manufactured stuff.  Jones and DC genuinely hate each other.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 9:12:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Hey MMA bros.  Been awhile.  Havent been watching any fights lately.  Ive been slacking.

But I saw Expendables 3.  Rousey SUCKS as an actress.  Like real bad.  I am disappoint.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I used to think like that, but I've changed my tune on the Diaz brothers.  For one, you have to respect their style.  They don't put on boring fights.

And two, whether you like their rough personality or not, it's real.  I respect Jon Jones as a fighter for his skills, but he strikes me as a head-case.  He can't decide whether to be a fan favorite or trolls fighters and talk shit.

The Diaz brothers talk shit, and it seems 100% genuine, that's them and their personalities and how they've grown up.  I respect that and kind of like it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the Diaz brothers, too.

But I seem to like all the asshole fighters.

Link Posted: 8/4/2014 9:18:03 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Holy shit!

Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier were at a media day in Vegas.  Things got a *bit* out of control.

http://youtu.be/-uK23HPTiOY
View Quote

I hope Cormier puts a fuckin beating on Jones.

And I hope Diaz puts Silva into retirement.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

+ 1 to all of this.

Link Posted: 8/4/2014 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#34]
I want Cormier to win so bad! I like Jones style of fighting but he is so arrogant.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Rumble is for real at 205.  I'm sad he wasted his youth trying to cut to 170.  He's said he doesn't want to rush things but he's already top 5.  Not much more to go before I see him in a title fight.
View Quote

Rumble is a monster at 205, but I don't think he has more than a puncher's chance against Jones, Gus, or Cormier. But if he lands a bomb it could  be night night for anybody in his division.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 9:49:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Hey MMA bros.  Been awhile.  Havent been watching any fights lately.  Ive been slacking.

But I saw Expendables 3.  Rousey SUCKS as an actress.  Like real bad.  I am disappoint.

View Quote

RR sucks as a human being, so why should it be any different?

win or lose, she is always a poor sport.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 10:05:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know she doesnt have many fans in this thread.  I still like her, though.

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 2:09:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

You have been slacking and it's been too long.  Go sit in the corner and think about what you've done!    Glad you're back with us.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 2:11:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Rumble is a monster at 205, but I don't think he has more than a puncher's chance against Jones, Gus, or Cormier. But if he lands a bomb it could  be night night for anybody in his division.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you catch his fight against Phil Davis?  if anything, Rumble proved he can more than hold his own against elite level wrestlers.

He's been bouncing around WSOF prior to his last two fights, so it's really hard to judge his standup against a striker like Jones and how his ground game is, but I'm glad he's moving up the ranks.  The LHW division has gone from stale to exciting in just a matter of months.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 2:37:48 AM EDT
[#40]
There was nothing fake about that fight. They were still throwing blows when it hit the ground.

With DC rag dolling heavyweights, I'm not sure how bones wins. He pretty much has to knock him out.
I am uber excited about this fight.

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 2:40:20 AM EDT
[#41]
As always... WAR ANDERSON SILVA!

He has nothing to prove and I think father time may have caught up with him.

I like the Diaz brothers , they always come to scrap. That said, I ride or die with the goat.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 3:22:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There was nothing fake about that fight. They were still throwing blows when it hit the ground.

With DC rag dolling heavyweights, I'm not sure how bones wins. He pretty much has to knock him out.

View Quote

Agreed.  I posted the video on facebook and a few of my friends who are into MMA think it's fake.  There is absolutely no way either one of them is stupid enough to risk an injury by attempting to start a fake brawl in front of the media.  

Aside from their show/win money, guys at this level make a shit-ton of money off PPV buys and I'd be willing to bet that UFC 178 will be the biggest PPV that the UFC has seen since UFC 100.  Why would they risk losing out on that much money by faking a fight?  Too much can go wrong.  To me this is genuine, real hatred.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 3:50:02 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

She is a beast, and I like the way she fights, but tries to hard to be tough imo.

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 3:57:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Agreed.  I posted the video on facebook and a few of my friends who are into MMA think it's fake.  There is absolutely no way either one of them is stupid enough to risk an injury by attempting to start a fake brawl in front of the media.  

Aside from their show/win money, guys at this level make a shit-ton of money off PPV buys and I'd be willing to bet that UFC 178 will be the biggest PPV that the UFC has seen since UFC 100.  Why would they risk losing out on that much money by faking a fight?  Too much can go wrong.  To me this is genuine, real hatred.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think DC is one of those dudes who isn't really into a whole bunch of talk. I think Bones was trying to sell the fight and intimidate DC but as soon as he got in his face, DC just isn't about "play fighting" and when bones got in his grill he saw red. DC strikes me as one of those short fuse guys, that go from playing to serious in about .2 seconds.

I can't wait for this fight!
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 3:58:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
She is a beast, and I like the way she fights, but tries to hard to be tough imo.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh... womens MMA just sucks...and she is at the top of the suckage...
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 4:05:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I hate arrogance and acting. With the Diaz brothers, it is just who they are. They are some scrappy motherfuckers that always put on a hell of a fight, and when they get their ass handed to them, they generally have the decency to admit defeat at the end of a fight and show a lot of respect to their opponent.

I'm surprised Silva is coming back though. He's old. He had been talking like he wanted out for a couple years before that break. He was locked in by a pretty substantial contract though. Seems to me like the UFC is still trying to collect on the fights he promised them in that contract. I was hoping he'd leave with grace after the break.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 4:26:04 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I think DC is one of those dudes who isn't really into a whole bunch of talk. I think Bones was trying to sell the fight and intimidate DC but as soon as he got in his face, DC just isn't about "play fighting" and when bones got in his grill he saw red. DC strikes me as one of those short fuse guys, that go from playing to serious in about .2 seconds.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I still don't see how he wins?

He is short wrestler with okay boxing skills which sounds like a lot of guys Bones has taken out, but you never know.

I was more excited for Jones VS Gus II, but this lil scrap has me interested in DC vs JJ.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 5:29:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:I'm pretty much in the same boat. I hate arrogance and acting. With the Diaz brothers, it is just who they are. They are some scrappy motherfuckers that always put on a hell of a fight, and when they get their ass handed to them, they generally have the decency to admit defeat at the end of a fight and show a lot of respect to their opponent.

I'm surprised Silva is coming back though. He's old. He had been talking like he wanted out for a couple years before that break. He was locked in by a pretty substantial contract though. Seems to me like the UFC is still trying to collect on the fights he promised them in that contract. I was hoping he'd leave with grace after the break.
View Quote

I've always hated Silva, but not as much as I hate Nick Diaz. I'll enjoy this fight.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 7:39:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can't stand idiots who think this stuff is fake or planned or that UFC fights are rigged.  STFU.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 9:42:05 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote
Interesting take. JJ is so good in the clinch, but DC is a different animal. I just don't see him bulling JJ against the cage like he did Mir. The knee kicks, shoulder cranks, and all that other crap is just so unorthodox. Really looking forward to seeing Jack Slack's breakdown.

Page / 320
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top