Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2013 7:01:43 AM EDT
My Nexus 7 has a brand new line of dead pixels on it.  

Just happened last night.  I'm not sure what could have caused it.  I bought it from Walmart about 10 months ago and I purchased the extended warranty through them because I have heard good things about their setup for it.  Essentially...drop it...smash it...what ever it is...they will fix it.

So, I called Walmart who ended up asking me if I dropped it or spilled liquid on it.  I said no.  They then proceeded to tell me to call google to fix it because it should still be covered on the manufacturers warranty.  So, I called Google...who asked who I bought it from.  "Walmart"  They told me to call Asus.  I call Asus and they tell me that I would have to pay for shipping to get it to them...and then they will check to see if I was the cause of the issue.  If I was, I will be charged for the fix and I would have to pay for the return shipping.  I said no....Called Walmart back and explained what Asus told me and they are going to take care of me.  

They are going to email me a free shipping label.  I will then mail it out.  7-10 days later it should be fixed.
Here are the possible options for fixing the issue that they gave me.
1.) Simply fix it with new parts
2.) Replace it with a new Nexus 7
3.) Replace it with an equal or greater Item (Different tablet)
4.) Refund for the price of the tablet. ($249)
5.) Replace the Nexus 7 with a newer model

They don't know which options they will offer me until they receive the tablet and look it over.

I will keep this up to date for those of you who are wondering how good or bad the Walmart Warranty service is.  So far, I really don't have any complaints.  Only time will tell.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#1]
One single bump until I update this thread
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:28:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I received my tablet back last night in complete working condition.  The replaced the screen.  That is all.  No complaints.  Great service.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top