View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Finally...... they just switched to Blues game right before they tied it up

Question: Why would they not change it after cards game? Do the cardinals have rights to channel or something? At home I have direct TV they one of the games on an alternate channel if they are play at the same time.

The late (second) game on NBCSN gets bumped to NHL Network when the first goes to OT.

Locally (STL Market) the cardinals got bumped to the fox sports alternate, and the blues are on the main fox sports midwest

Hmm I dont know, must something with cable. I searched every channel for an alternate.

This might help..?

http://msn.foxsports.com/midwest/story/fox-sports-midwest-plus-information-121813

Cool thank you sir
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#4]
ughhh playoff hockey!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:03:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

With all due respect sir that is quite a knee jerk reaction.  The penguins were out shot 46-25 (i believe).  If it were not for Marc Andre Fleury we would have lost that game by the end of the second period.  I have been a goaltender for almost 20 years, playing everywhere from mites, to junior hockey, to collegiate hockey.  That puck has to be played by the goaltender.  Watch the replay Johansen had already beat our dman to the puck with 50 percent support from the back side.  If Marc Andre doesn't play that puck they gain possession and have unlimited 6-5 chances with 30 seconds left.  99/100 times he will play that puck and play it effectively.  Bad bounce shit happens you got to put it behind you in the room and come out fresh.  I will give it to you the OT goal was not pretty whether it dove on him or not that puck has to be stopped.  Not to mention if he does not play that puck and they put a centering pass into the slot and score were all blaming him on why he did not play that puck..

Its also important to remember that 80 percent of our points have came from d-men.  Not to mention 90% of our points / goals have come from the d 3rd and 4th liners.  Its time for the stars to wake up.  You want to point fingers that's were the finger points first from Sid to malkin to Neil and kunitz.  If it was not for Marc we would have been eliminated by now. He didn't do him self any favors tonight but its not all on him.

Now between you and I as pens fans I assume I do worry how this game will affect MAF mentally.  That is one of those games that you cant make up.  You almost have to have no luck at all for what happened to happen.  I have made many mistakes playing and god only knows I have never been as unlucky as Marc Andre.  Hopefully that sports physcoligist works for him.  Or else we may have a Patrick Roy Montreal scenario on our hands.  We run a good player out of town and he goes on to thrive somewhere else.  

I also believe a change of coaching is needed.  I don't think the coach can be blamed for key players not showing up but unfortunately in pro sports the ax falls there first.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fleury totally BLEW that fucking game, with 20 seconds left on the clock...STAY IN THE FUCKING NET!!

With all due respect sir that is quite a knee jerk reaction.  The penguins were out shot 46-25 (i believe).  If it were not for Marc Andre Fleury we would have lost that game by the end of the second period.  I have been a goaltender for almost 20 years, playing everywhere from mites, to junior hockey, to collegiate hockey.  That puck has to be played by the goaltender.  Watch the replay Johansen had already beat our dman to the puck with 50 percent support from the back side.  If Marc Andre doesn't play that puck they gain possession and have unlimited 6-5 chances with 30 seconds left.  99/100 times he will play that puck and play it effectively.  Bad bounce shit happens you got to put it behind you in the room and come out fresh.  I will give it to you the OT goal was not pretty whether it dove on him or not that puck has to be stopped.  Not to mention if he does not play that puck and they put a centering pass into the slot and score were all blaming him on why he did not play that puck..

Its also important to remember that 80 percent of our points have came from d-men.  Not to mention 90% of our points / goals have come from the d 3rd and 4th liners.  Its time for the stars to wake up.  You want to point fingers that's were the finger points first from Sid to malkin to Neil and kunitz.  If it was not for Marc we would have been eliminated by now. He didn't do him self any favors tonight but its not all on him.

Now between you and I as pens fans I assume I do worry how this game will affect MAF mentally.  That is one of those games that you cant make up.  You almost have to have no luck at all for what happened to happen.  I have made many mistakes playing and god only knows I have never been as unlucky as Marc Andre.  Hopefully that sports physcoligist works for him.  Or else we may have a Patrick Roy Montreal scenario on our hands.  We run a good player out of town and he goes on to thrive somewhere else.  

I also believe a change of coaching is needed.  I don't think the coach can be blamed for key players not showing up but unfortunately in pro sports the ax falls there first.

I don't know, man...As someone who has played all 3 forward positions...AND defense on one team or another.  I would prefer my goaltender to stay in the net on that play, with 20 seconds left, and the enemy already in the defensive zone, with an extra man.
If he hugs the post, and tracks the puck...That guy has to make a play...and if he DOES make a good pass out front, the shooter still has to beat the goaltender.
With the net empty, all he has to do is lob it out front, and there is a good chance the late coming guy is going to get it, with an empty net to shoot at... The defense was where they were because they saw MAF out of position, and knew they were going to have to try to block a shot.
I agree...He DID play a good game...And yes... I'm sure he was not expecting such a bounce.

If you read my other post, you will see that I fully acknowledge the WHOLE TEAM refuses to play 60 minutes of hockey.
And I have always defended MAF.
I hope this embarrases them into having a juggernaught performance in games 5 and 6.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#6]
OVERTIME
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:18:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't know, man...As someone who has played all 3 forward positions...AND defense on one team or another.  I would prefer my goaltender to stay in the net on that play, with 20 seconds left, and the enemy already in the defensive zone, with an extra man.
If he hugs the post, and tracks the puck...That guy has to make a play...and if he DOES make a good pass out front, the shooter still has to beat the goaltender.
With the net empty, all he has to do is lob it out front, and there is a good chance the late coming guy is going to get it, with an empty net to shoot at... The defense was where they were because they saw MAF out of position, and knew they were going to have to try to block a shot.
I agree...He DID play a good game...And yes... I'm sure he was not expecting such a bounce.

If you read my other post, you will see that I fully acknowledge the WHOLE TEAM refuses to play 60 minutes of hockey.
I hope this embarrases them into having a juggernaught performance in games 5 and 6.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fleury totally BLEW that fucking game, with 20 seconds left on the clock...STAY IN THE FUCKING NET!!

Well good now that were on the same page and I know I'm talking to someone that has at least played the game (there are a lot of armchair player and coaches back in Pittsburgh).  I think staying in the net is a losing situation on that play.  He had the time to play the puck he didn't have the bounce (obviously). WE both know if that puck don't bounce and he makes a good play on that puck 9/10 that puck gets cleared and the pens win.  I don't think you can disagree with that.  With that being said my motto and my coaching throughout the years has told me whenever a puck in in the glass to stay put.  If its any lower than the glass make a play on it as long as you have the time.  In this situation the puck was low barely above the kicker board.  What makes it a tough call is that it was a playable puck.  It wasn't blasted around the boards nor was it blasted around the glass.  It also makes it tough because he didn't miss play it per say.  It bounced....  I look at it this way if he doesn't play the puck there is a good chance that they get a good shot off because of how the play developed.  You are correct in saying at least he would be there to stop it but I also think like I said before 99/100 times that bounce doesn't happen. Marty Broduer could have been in there tonight and that same play would have happened to him....
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I need a fuckin ciggerate and a new bottle of booze. Tie it, go head, and let them tie it, almost cough it up at the end. Backes please come back and beat the shit out of Bickel and toews.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:45:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:46:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Blackhawks win!
View Quote

want that series to go 7
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:50:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Miller, wtf!

Quit failing, jesus.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
want that series to go 7

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Blackhawks win!

want that series to go 7

Not me don't think I can handle it. Great game though Ice cream for everybody!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:02:38 PM EDT
[#13]
If backes isn't back by Friday we will lose the series, If he is back Friday we have a chance, but I feel we lost the series tonight.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:04:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:14:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Last line should read- because Bret seabrooke screwed you
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:23:20 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Awesome.  

And I might print this one up to put on my desk at work, in Shittsburgh. (no offense to the locals here, but I absolutely hate living here)

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:37:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anyone who isn't a moron knows beantown is representing the east this year, again.
View Quote

They had better stay healthy and play smart, but I agree. The Penguins are the only other team I forsee as being able to stop the West right now, and MAF looks like he's already on vacation.

Sidebar, did I see that Selanne was a healthy scratch last night even though Getz was out...? A postseason legend like Teemu sits healthy even though the Ducks are down a big man. Strange call, coach.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:40:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They can't decide if they want to play hockey at the BEGINNING of a game, or at the END of a game. (because they refuse to do BOTH in the same game).
They had 20 seconds left to close out this game, with CBJ's goalie on the bench.
Puck came behind the Pens net, and MAF decided to go after it...coughs up a turnover to Dubinsky out front, with an empty net.

Then he gave up a long fucking shot in overtime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What happened to the Pens? Holy cats, I know 3 goal leads are the hardest to hold on to, but geez.

Re: Cooke - grumpycatgood.jpg

And I'm starting to come around to the "equal punishment" idea. The perpetrator must sit as long as the victim is out. Yes I know Bertuzzi would be out, I'm fine with that.

They can't decide if they want to play hockey at the BEGINNING of a game, or at the END of a game. (because they refuse to do BOTH in the same game).
They had 20 seconds left to close out this game, with CBJ's goalie on the bench.
Puck came behind the Pens net, and MAF decided to go after it...coughs up a turnover to Dubinsky out front, with an empty net.

I think the coach has lost his touch with the team. As much as I love to hate the Pens, they are stacked with talent and one of the best teams in the league on paper. And usually when you see that, the X factor is coaching.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:42:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

I was yelling that before he f-d it up.  As much talk is there is about Blysma possibly getting the ax, at some point you have to start asking about Fleury.   He's been horrible the last 4yrs in playoff situations.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:47:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I think the coach has lost his touch with the team. As much as I love to hate the Pens, they are stacked with talent and one of the best teams in the league on paper. And usually when you see that, the X factor is coaching.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What happened to the Pens? Holy cats, I know 3 goal leads are the hardest to hold on to, but geez.

And I'm starting to come around to the "equal punishment" idea. The perpetrator must sit as long as the victim is out. Yes I know Bertuzzi would be out, I'm fine with that.

The 2 factors for the last 4 yrs are Fleury and Bylsma and Bylsma isn't letting in all those easy goals or making stupid puck handling decisions.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:57:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Sidebar, did I see that Selanne was a healthy scratch last night even though Getz was out...? A postseason legend like Teemu sits healthy even though the Ducks are down a big man. Strange call, coach.
View Quote

Isn't there something kinda funky with him like he'll only play x number of games per week or something? Seems like I heard a tidbit about that toward the end of the season. Maybe a Duckhead can confirm/explain.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:12:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The 2 factors for the last 4 yrs are Fleury and Bylsma and Bylsma isn't letting in all those easy goals or making stupid puck handling decisions.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True enough, but a coach makes adjustments. He fixes lines and gets guys to play harder. He did it twice before, but like I said, I think his motivational schtick is wearing thin.

In short, the game never should have been close enough to go to OT in the first place. Yeah the Jackets are playing well, but they cannot come close to matching the Pens' skill. I know a less talented team can shut down a talented one *if the coaching is exceptional* (and the team does its part).
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:43:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:41:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:07:11 AM EDT
[#25]
We went to the Tigers game last night. Saw Chris Chelios at his place and got a pic with him and my son. Dude was a lot more down to earth and laid back then with previous encounters...

Left the game early, man Baseball is friggin' boring. Came home caught some NHL action..that Columbus really did a great job in winning that game.

Chicago, ftw. Nice.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:56:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:24:12 AM EDT
[#27]

I'm not a Tootoo fan, but that's awesome.  

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:30:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:31:30 AM EDT
[#29]

Is that the kid who won an Xbox sitting in someone elses vacant seat, and then the seat owner came and claimed the Xbox from him, so the Wings made his night to make up for it?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:32:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:32:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:35:17 AM EDT
[#32]

The explosion of excitment out of that Boy was awesome...good on TooToo for knowing its bigger than him!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:35:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Tag because I love hockey
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Tag because I love hockey
View Quote
Welcome to the club.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:47:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's hard to watch this, and think about what might happen... I really like Disco Dan...And I like MAF...And there is really NO MEMBER of the team who I want to see traded or let go....But DAMN!!
Part of the reason they are able to keep so much talent on paper is because the Pens are a team with a very "family" atmosphere...with each other, and their fans/City...The Players all WANT to stay in Pittsburgh.

Can you imagine...The coach being fired the year he plays most of the season, very successfully...With the most injuries of any other team in the league, and a roster stacked with AHL guys...AND the season he becomes the winningest coach the Penguins have ever had?
Mind boggling.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:07:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I was yelling that before he f-d it up.  As much talk is there is about Blysma possibly getting the ax, at some point you have to start asking about Fleury.   He's been horrible the last 4yrs in playoff situations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea...I was sitting in front of the TV, watching the clock count down...Yelling: "Come on, boys...You got this!!"
The Pens were doing a pretty good job of shutting down the game at that point...and that puck gets dumped low, and I saw MAF start heading out there, with how slow that puck was coming...and a Blue Jacket bearing in on him.
I was like: "No...NO!...NO!!...NOOOO!!!....FUCK!!!!!"

And when that long shot flat out beat him in overtime, I caught myself cocking back my arm to throw my remote at the TV...But I just changed the channel, instead...
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Dang, I was about to give you noise about the man games lost, until I looked it up... and yeah, you guys were actually more injured than the Wings were.

proof

By a decent margin, too - it was awful how injured the Wings were at points this past season.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Yea...I was sitting in front of the TV, watching the clock count down...Yelling: "Come on, boys...You got this!!"

The Pens were doing a pretty good job of shutting down the game at that point...and that puck gets dumped low, and I saw MAF start heading out there, with how slow that puck was coming...and a Blue Jacket bearing in on him.

And when that long shot flat out beat him in overtime, I caught myself cocking back my arm to throw my remote at the TV...But I just changed the channel, instead...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:20:11 AM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw61zCnLaTs

Yea...I saw it, motherfucker... I don't need your replay!...

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:21:13 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
It's hard to watch this, and think about what might happen... I really like Disco Dan...And I like MAF...And there is really NO MEMBER of the team who I want to see traded or let go....But DAMN!!

Part of the reason they are able to keep so much talent on paper is because the Pens are a team with a very "family" atmosphere...with each other, and their fans/City...The Players all WANT to stay in Pittsburgh.

Can you imagine...The coach being fired the year he plays most of the season, very successfully...With the most injuries of any other team in the league, and a roster stacked with AHL guys...AND the season he becomes the winningest coach the Penguins have ever had?

Mind boggling.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mind boggling.

I know it's just hard to imagine especially based on what you said.  But their playoff and end of season play has been atrocious the last few years.  Something has to change.  I'd prefer Fleury leave before Dan, but they both may need to go.  

However if Dan is let go and not Fleury?  I'd have my WTF face on.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:25:08 AM EDT
[#42]

was awesome
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I know it's just hard to imagine especially based on what you said.  But their playoff and end of season play has been atrocious the last few years.  Something has to change.  I'd prefer Fleury leave before Dan, but they both may need to go.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mind boggling.

This year...They were not the same team after the Olympics.
It was like their was a chemistry change or something... They WERE still winning games, but not as many as before the break...And the games they were winning AFTER the olympics, seemed like they were winning on pure talent, and not hard work.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:39:06 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

This year...They were not the same team after the Olympics.

It was like their was a chemistry change or something... They WERE still winning games, but not as many as before the break...And the games they were winning AFTER the olympics, seemed like they were winning on pure talent, and not hard work.

View Quote
I agree they haven't been the same team post Olympics.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:39:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hope the Pens have a good goalie prospect, 'cuz nobody is going to trade you one at non-rape prices.

I'd agree though, get "Hey I realized if I play poorly enough, I get to work on my tan earlier!" Fleury out of there and a decent free agent 'tender in, and Bylsma may be able to coach the team to a deep run next season.

With the exception of Hasek, the Wings have had washed up, cast-off, or just middle-of-the-road goaltending for much of the last 20 years. Four Cups (3 with average goalies) later, it doesn't look so crazy. Team D can take you places.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I hope the Pens have a good goalie prospect, 'cuz nobody is going to trade you one at non-rape prices.

I'd agree though, get "Hey I realized if I play poorly enough, I get to work on my tan earlier!" Fleury out of there and a decent free agent 'tender in, and Bylsma may be able to coach the team to a deep run next season.

With the exception of Hasek, the Wings have had washed up, cast-off, or just middle-of-the-road goaltending for much of the last 20 years. Four Cups (3 with average goalies) later, it doesn't look so crazy. Team D can take you places.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I would agree that D can take you places, but his problem isn't D.  It's just piss poor decision making.  Fleury goes to play that slow moving puck then just lets it roll by.  End of game he lets that long shot go by. Has nothing to do with D.  Just poor goal tending.  

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:51:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I would agree that D can take you places, but his problem isn't D.  It's just piss poor decision making.  Fleury goes to play that slow moving puck then just lets it roll by.  End of game he lets that long shot go by. Has nothing to do with D.  Just poor goal tending.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right, that's why I was talking about the future, once Fleury is relegated to backup at best...
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:54:36 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Right, that's why I was talking about the future, once Fleury is relegated to backup at best...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad thing is I'm not sure if Fleury is really that bad or just messed up in the head.  After all he won us a cup and almost a 2nd.  Post that, he's fallen apart.  

I'm ready to take a chance on a new goalie assuming we go out again this round or next.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Where's the GIF of the Columbus goal with Fluery behind the net?
Page / 110
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top