User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/7/2013 3:44:26 PM EDT

I want the diesel.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#1]
If that's what they look like now I'm glad they discontinued them.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

The chevy alternative.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 3:50:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote
No shit- looks like that faggot ass toyota!

Link Posted: 8/7/2013 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#5]
2014 Ranger = Nissan Frontier + Toyota Tacoma + Toyota Tundra + Chevy Avalanche + Honda Ridgeline
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
2014 Ranger = Nissan Frontier + Toyota Tacoma + Toyota Tundra + Chevy Avalanche + Honda Ridgeline
View Quote

I dont follow the logic, its a combiubation of all of them?
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn that is fucking ugly.... this coming from a guy who typically likes Fords..
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The chevy alternative. http://www.topismag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/2014-Chevrolet-Colorado-Release-Date.jpg

Too European.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#9]
They stopped selling it here as it is supposed to be 90% the size of a F150 and they figured people would pass on it for the F150.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 3:59:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They stopped selling it here as it is supposed to be 90% the size of a F150 and they figured people would pass on it for the F150.
View Quote

that's a disohonest statement.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Damn that is fucking ugly.... this coming from a guy who typically likes Fords..
View Quote

Complete Ford guy here.  I am disappoint.  what an embarrassment.  The future apparently is egg-shaped cars for everyone.

Every vehicle in their new lineup is getting soccer-mom'd.  Explorer, Ranger, Mustang, anything that used to have appeal to males has gone metrosexual.   Even the new Raptor is starting to get "sleek" and "contoured".  

Link Posted: 8/7/2013 4:06:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Complete Ford guy here.  I am disappoint.  what an embarrassment.  The future apparently is egg-shaped cars for everyone.

Every vehicle in their new lineup is getting soccer-mom'd.  Explorer, Ranger, Mustang, anything that used to have appeal to males has gone metrosexual.   Even the new Raptor is starting to get "sleek" and "contoured".  

http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2014-ford-f-150_100424660_l.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still looks pretty good to me ...

But if you want hard lines and lack of egg, look no further than GM.

Link Posted: 8/7/2013 4:08:43 PM EDT
[#13]
One thing I have learned about GD

Nobody fucking likes anything

I can't believe anybody drives shit because everything (car or truck) is fucking ugly, or sucks, or is the wrong manufacture.

Incredible.

There are very few new cars I wouldn't drive or own. They are all pretty much cool in one way or another.

I like the new Ford Ranger, it looks better than the old model and its full of technology. I like the new Colorado too.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 4:09:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Ford probably does not see it as a profitable lineup in the states.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 4:11:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ford probably does not see it as a profitable lineup in the states.
View Quote

This.

The small truck market got so expensive and once you are paying the same price as a full size and getting the same fuel mileage they pretty much killed the small truck.

If they would just come out with a small basic truck that was cheap and good for running around in, it would be a huge success. They just don't make them anymore unless you want a stripped down Tacoma.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was the other way around, Ford didn't want to cut into F-150 sales by selling the new Ranger here in the states.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It was the other way around, Ford didn't want to cut into F-150 sales by selling the new Ranger here in the states.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. The Ranger didn't come close to touching the ridiculous price they are asking for a F150, and they didn't want to cut into 150 sales. The Ranger was announced discontinued in the US over a year ago. My 96 Ranger runs like a fuckin champ with over 160K HARD miles on the clock
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 4:21:00 PM EDT
[#18]
..too bad we don't get these..
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

why? Manufactureres dont want to? dont try hard enough?
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This. The Ranger didn't come close to touching the ridiculous price they are asking for a F150, and they didn't want to cut into 150 sales. The Ranger was announced discontinued in the US over a year ago. My 96 Ranger runs like a fuckin champ with over 160K HARD miles on the clock
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Truck in the pictures at the beginning of this thread would not cut into F150 sales.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Since their minivans are rebadged Dodges, the obvious question is- who makes those for them?

Link Posted: 8/7/2013 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Since their minivans are rebadged Dodges, the obvious question is- who makes those for them?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You're mistaking VW for Mercedes Benz
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a poor choice of word.

If you wanted to claim it was an inaccurate statement that would be fine with me.

Link Posted: 8/7/2013 4:37:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You are simply mistaken.

Link Posted: 8/7/2013 4:47:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If you wanted to claim it was an inaccurate statement that would be fine with me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that.

the Ford Ranger has more in common size with the Ford Escape with a bed, than being 90% the size of an F150
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 4:47:58 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are simply mistaken.

wow. that sucks.

so, if the market for those trucks are so shitty, why have people been asking for them for years?
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 4:50:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks like a hilux
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much the same thing.  

As a guy with a 2002 Ranger who would like to replace it in a few years, they are hoping I will go "oh well, the F150 will do."

They are wrong, though.  It will most likely be replaced with a Toyota.  Ford gave me no option.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm glad I bought the full size F-150!
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had actually heard something similar, that between the new Rangers being larger (went mid-sized) and the new Ecoboost option in the F-150, that Ford was worried about it competing against its F-150 in sales.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#31]
I bet Thailand is full of them...and Asia in general.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 5:10:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote
so is south africa and australia....

Link Posted: 8/7/2013 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#34]
I'd be interested in one. Not everyone who wants a pickup needs or wants a giant full-size truck like the F-150.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 5:18:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bodywise that looks like every other Raptor I've seen. The only difference is the wheels, headlights, graphics and where the exhaust dumps. I believe those wheels are an option as well as the graphics. I really wish Ford would quite dumping the exhaust in front of the wheels since I think it looks stupid and all it does is keep the rear wheel dirty all the time. With the restrictive factory exhaust there is really no performance gain from making the tailpipe shorter.

As for the Ranger, Ford killed them when they started pricing the Ranger close to the same price as the F150, combine that with the fuel economy on the 4wd's not being much better than the F150 there was no reason to buy a Ranger anymore unless you needed the smaller truck because of a small garage.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 5:23:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

They've had the newer bodystyle of Chevy Colorado for a couple of years already.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#37]
New cars and trucks keep looking gayer and gayer. The late 90's were the tipping point after that it was all downhill.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 5:30:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Id prefer this with suicide rear doors.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 5:43:31 PM EDT
[#39]
They have been selling diesel Rangers in South America forever, I am sure that is what you are looking at.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 5:44:55 PM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The chevy alternative. http://www.topismag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/2014-Chevrolet-Colorado-Release-Date.jpg

It looks like the guy in men in black when he pulls his face back.

Link Posted: 8/7/2013 5:45:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit, look at the 60's...  Things like the Ford Fairlane 500 gave way to office secretary girl cars like the Mustang.

Link Posted: 8/7/2013 5:49:52 PM EDT
[#42]
ps word on the street is the Frontier will be offered in a diesel soon
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 5:51:18 PM EDT
[#43]
I think the lesbians switched over to another brand so the sales of rangers plummeted.

Link Posted: 8/7/2013 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is actually true (somewhat).  The Ranger and F150 V6 were almost the same cost so, Ford nixed the Ranger in the USA purely as a business decision.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 5:54:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Looks like a Tundra took a tiny dump.

I drive an F150. An old one.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 6:02:23 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

As much as I love Ford that sounds like them. About how they never put a performance package together for the TBird because they were afraid to cut into Mustang sales.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 6:05:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#48]
I love my 2000 Ranger

Link Posted: 8/7/2013 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
ps word on the street is the Frontier will be offered in a diesel soon
View Quote

Are you sure it's the frontier? I remember reading about possible plans for a 4 cylinder cummins in the Titan, but not the frontier, and I think even that was put on the back burner last I knew.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Because of the Eco-Boost F150
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top