Author
Veteran of a Thousand Psychic Wars
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/15/2013 11:15:10 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Sdsquad1:
Originally Posted By pighelmet:
So what does this treaty entail?

Over the weekend, we came four votes away from the US Senate giving our Constitutional rights over to the United Nations. In a 53-46 vote, the senate narrowly passed a measure that will stop the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.
The Statement of Purpose from the Bill reads:
"To uphold Second Amendment rights and prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty."
The U.N. Small Arms Treaty, which has been championed by the Obama Administration, would have effectively placed a global ban on the import and export of small firearms. The ban would have affected all private gun owners in the U.S., and had language that would have implemented an international gun registry on all private guns and ammo.
Astonishingly, 46 out of our 100 United States Senators were willing to give away our Constitutional rights to a foreign power.

Nope, 21 votes away. Takes 67 Votes to Ratify a Treaty.
I suppose it is possible to convey more ignorance with less words, but I doubt I will ever see it in my lifetime.--Bohr Adam

If LAV promotes using the slide lock/release to chamber a round after a mag change, then he should be ignored.-MP0117
HeavyMetal
Veteran of a Thousand Psychic Wars
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/15/2013 11:18:59 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By gotigers:
It takes 66 votes to ratify a treaty.....calm down

regardless, those ass hats should be voted out.

I suppose it is possible to convey more ignorance with less words, but I doubt I will ever see it in my lifetime.--Bohr Adam

If LAV promotes using the slide lock/release to chamber a round after a mag change, then he should be ignored.-MP0117
unreformed66
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/15/2013 11:22:50 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By GotGuns:
Brown. What a piece of shit. No surprise though...

No, it's sure no suprise coming from that commie bastard. I've written his sorry ass many times expressing my displeasure with his stupidity. All I get in return are form emails and invitations to join his fuckstain website.
cardboardkiller
Team Member
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/15/2013 11:32:34 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By RTBA-8:
Fuck you Nelson

Life Member NRA, SAF, GOA and JPFO

FBHO, FNSA, FNFA, FIRS, FDOJ, FFSA, FATF
Tankdawg0057
Danny
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/15/2013 11:39:36 PM
OST
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
garbageman
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/15/2013 11:45:00 PM
Durbin-IL. This is shocked face. The assholes in Cook County keep this guy in office.
YukonBoy03
Habitual Line Stepper
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/28/2013 9:34:35 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:
Originally Posted By gotigers:

Heritage this morning said:
"The U.S. has announced that it will sign the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) as soon as it is satisfactorily translated into all official U.N. languages. This could happen as early as August 28, when the Russian-language translation is scheduled to be completed. It is more likely to happen on September 25 at a high-profile signing ceremony currently being planned at the U.N.

Once the U.S. signs the treaty, and even without the advice and consent of the Senate, the U.S. will consider itself obliged not to violate the treaty’s object and purpose"

So how does this work then?
'Although your letter does not deserve a reply, since you call me a corsair, I write you these few lines to ask you to come quickly. We are waiting for you with great pleasure and we have powder and ball with which to receive you.' Sir Henry Morgan
HOLGER_DANSKE
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/28/2013 9:46:05 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By oldnotdead:
mcCaskill...what a waste

Damn you Akin!
Bohr_Adam
Bootlicking Statist
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/28/2013 11:44:07 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:

"The U.S. has announced that it will sign the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) as soon as it is satisfactorily translated into all official U.N. languages. This could happen as early as August 28, when the Russian-language translation is scheduled to be completed. It is more likely to happen on September 25 at a high-profile signing ceremony currently being planned at the U.N.

Once the U.S. signs the treaty, and even without the advice and consent of the Senate, the U.S. will consider itself obliged not to violate the treaty’s object and purpose"

Like with the Geneva and Hague conventions, and other articles of international law the US has either never signed on to or ratified, the Executive can still implement that which it can implement based on instructions from the President. Congress can also pass laws that meet the criteria of various treaties or agreements even if it never actually ratifies them.
"idiots like jesus are why we have so many stupid gun laws"
- 1911greg

"Nothing kills the mood more than when a black smoky demon crawls out of a woman's vagina."
- Cincinnatus
Fastjedi350
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/28/2013 12:03:30 PM
Every single one of them should be hanged for treason!!
Con-Sol
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/28/2013 12:08:41 PM
My guy Jeff Duncan (3rd District SC) is GTG. I emailed him and asked WTF and here is a snippet from hie email back.

Because I believe evil occurs not because of too much freedom, but in spite of it, it would be misguided to restrict freedom. I am currently a cosponsor of H. Con. Res. 23 (Kelly-PA), along with 139 of my colleagues in the House. The resolution expresses the sense of the House of Representatives that the President should not sign the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty if it reaches his desk. I will oppose any legislation restricting the Second Amendment Rights of our citizens that reaches the House floor.

If "It's" and "Buts" were candy and nuts, we would all have a Merry Fucking Christmas!
RRD3
The Second Amendment is the Equal Rights Amendment
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/28/2013 12:20:10 PM
I'm shocked at the number of Democraps that voted

Proud Member of Team Ranstad
Official NorCal / ARFCOM Nickname "Headcheese"
hotbiggun42
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/28/2013 12:23:50 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By ar2de:
Originally Posted By Sdsquad1:
Originally Posted By pighelmet:
So what does this treaty entail?

Over the weekend, we came four votes away from the US Senate giving our Constitutional rights over to the United Nations. In a 53-46 vote, the senate narrowly passed a measure that will stop the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.
The Statement of Purpose from the Bill reads:
"To uphold Second Amendment rights and prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty."
The U.N. Small Arms Treaty, which has been championed by the Obama Administration, would have effectively placed a global ban on the import and export of small firearms. The ban would have affected all private gun owners in the U.S., and had language that would have implemented an international gun registry on all private guns and ammo.
Astonishingly, 46 out of our 100 United States Senators were willing to give away our Constitutional rights to a foreign power.

Not even close, they needed 2/3 vote of the senate.

Too close for me.
hotbiggun42
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/28/2013 12:25:32 PM
[Last Edit: 8/28/2013 12:25:58 PM by hotbiggun42]
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:
Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:

Like with the Geneva and Hague conventions, and other articles of international law the US has either never signed on to or ratified, the Executive can still implement that which it can implement based on instructions from the President. Congress can also pass laws that meet the criteria of various treaties or agreements even if it never actually ratifies them.

That's scary shit right there.
YukonBoy03
Habitual Line Stepper
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/28/2013 1:01:32 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By hotbiggun42:
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:

so, despite what many people here are saying - like not to worry about this, we can be screwed regardless?
'Although your letter does not deserve a reply, since you call me a corsair, I write you these few lines to ask you to come quickly. We are waiting for you with great pleasure and we have powder and ball with which to receive you.' Sir Henry Morgan
Bohr_Adam
Bootlicking Statist
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/28/2013 1:10:24 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:
Originally Posted By hotbiggun42:
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:

so, despite what many people here are saying - like not to worry about this, we can be screwed regardless?

Not sure what you're getting at. What are you thinking might happen?

We're talking additional reporting requirements and what not, really.
"idiots like jesus are why we have so many stupid gun laws"
- 1911greg

"Nothing kills the mood more than when a black smoky demon crawls out of a woman's vagina."
- Cincinnatus
cletussd
Cockpocalypse Survivor
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/28/2013 1:14:29 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Sdsquad1:
Here are the 46 senators that voted to give your rights to the U.N.

Baldwin (D-WI)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bennett (D-CO)
Blumenthal (D-CT)
Boxer (D-CA)
Brown (D-OH)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Coons (D-DE)
Cowan (D-MA)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Franken (D-MN)
Gillibrand (D-NY)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hirono (D-HI)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kaine (D-VA)
King (I-ME)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
McCaskill (D-MO)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murphy (D-CT)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sanders (I-VT)
Schatz (D-HI)
Schumer (D-NY)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Udall (D-CO)
Udall (D-NM)
Warner (D-VA)
Warren (D-MA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wyden (D-OR
Don't need to worry about voting Timmy out of office,he's been done since voting for Barry care and knows he wouldn't win.
Many thanks to krpind for the Team Membership.
Page:  / 4
Next Page