Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/4/2013 9:13:13 PM EDT
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1f8_1375594134

"'Well here it is in all its beauty or what’s left of it! When we first rented out this house it was in MINT condition….now look at it. I’m not suggesting that I have a solution for the housing needs of people who are less fortunate but whatever the government is doing isn’t working! If you want to see what this house use to look like, then wait till the end of the video as there will be pictures posted. There u will see what the house use to look like before we rented it out via Section 8. Take a quick look…it will blow your mind!'
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:15:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't section 8 your property. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to know this realtor that owned Section 8 properties, and a few times she paid me to go in and clean them out after someone got evicted.  That video, while horrible, doesn't even scratch the surface of what I saw when I did that.

Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#3]
rent one out to sec 8,  then you're see a few more 8 or other rentals.     Now every damn house around there is worth thousands less,  as the neighborhood has turned into a ghetto.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow. So .gov pays over a grand for this woman to live there, all she has to pay are her utilities and $53, and she gets to live in a very nice home? And she couldn't keep the fucking place clean?

So does the .gov reimburse the homeowner for the repairs or what?
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:24:52 PM EDT
[#5]
What fucking idiots. WTF did they think would happen when you rent to section 8ers? Hope it was worth the money
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#6]
If there is not a dead body, count your blessings
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Dumb fuck. He was happy to take the "government's" money (over $1k /month). He got what he deserved.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow. So .gov pays over a grand for this woman to live there, all she has to pay are her utilities and $53, and she gets to live in a very nice home? And she couldn't keep the fucking place clean?

View Quote

HAHAHA! You funny guy.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:27:16 PM EDT
[#9]

I’m not suggesting that I have a solution for the housing needs of people who are less fortunate but whatever the government is doing isn’t working!
View Quote

I do have a solution for the housing needs of "less fortunate" people. Quit giving them free housing. We have ample proof of what happens when you give handouts so quit enabling bad behavior.

They get free housing, food stamps, free breakfast, lunch and after school snack all tax free and all we hear on the news from bleeding heart reporters is all about the hunger crisis in America.

Fuck 'em. Being hungry and cold is a hell of a motivator.

It's hard to feel sorry for a landlord who snatched the .gov guaranteed rent check and ended up getting screwed.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:29:07 PM EDT
[#10]
why would you do that to your neighbors?
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:37:12 PM EDT
[#11]
It was his choice to accept the section 8 renter and the government money.  Any person who would have chosen to investigate the historical precedent for what he and his wife chose to do would not be surprised at this outcome.

Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:38:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Want to play slum lord? Well, here is your prize.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:44:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1f8_1375594134

"'Well here it is in all its beauty or what’s left of it! When we first rented out this house it was in MINT condition….now look at it. I’m not suggesting that I have a solution for the housing needs of people who are less fortunate but whatever the government is doing isn’t working! If you want to see what this house use to look like, then wait till the end of the video as there will be pictures posted. There u will see what the house use to look like before we rented it out via Section 8. Take a quick look…it will blow your mind!'
View Quote

Douchebag rents to Section 8/FSA.

WTF did he expect? ($100 says he voted for Obama)

Tough shit, asshole, you deserved it.

At least the neighbors have someone to laugh at, the jokes on him.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#14]
That's fucked up. I would never rent my place to section 8. But, by what I read in the video that area got so fucked up with Obamaites that the guy probably had not option but to rent to section 8. Still, fuck the entire section 8 program.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:49:32 PM EDT
[#15]
One of my fears is that when I finally buy a house, one of my idiot neighbors is going to rent to section 8ers.  My God would that piss me off.

The subdivision outside of my apartment complex has very obviously been renting out to a number of people on section 8, and it shows.  It seems that neglected yards, pit bulls, and who hoopties go hand in hand.

Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:50:06 PM EDT
[#16]
(deleted)
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:52:56 PM EDT
[#17]
That guy got an education. Well, well.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Also references, credit checks and background checks. You can weed out a lot of bad renters with those.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:53:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I do have a solution for the housing needs of "less fortunate" people. Quit giving them free housing. We have ample proof of what happens when you give handouts so quit enabling bad behavior.

They get free housing, food stamps, free breakfast, lunch and after school snack all tax free and all we hear on the news from bleeding heart reporters is all about the hunger crisis in America.

It's hard to feel sorry for a landlord who snatched the .gov guaranteed rent check and ended up getting screwed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I’m not suggesting that I have a solution for the housing needs of people who are less fortunate but whatever the government is doing isn’t working!

OTOH, he could have just mailed the keys back to the bank and said "fuck it" like so many others.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:55:15 PM EDT
[#20]
This comment under the vid sums this country up.

Ok....what the flying fuck. I work my ass off but still can only afford a small cramped apartment to live in for my daughter and me which then leaves me very little wiggle room to afford anything else and this P.O.S. doesn't work and gets to move into a beautiful home like that for $53/Month? What the fuck!? So basically I am paying taxes to ensure someone who doesn't work gets to live better than me? It's all fucking backwards!
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:55:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That guy got an education. Well, well.
View Quote

20 or 30 thousand dollars worth.

No sympathy for that Obama voter.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:56:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
rent one out to sec 8,  then you're see a few more 8 or other rentals.     Now every damn house around there is worth thousands less,  as the neighborhood has turned into a ghetto.
View Quote

I have a long horror story about a former neighbor dying and willing their house to a son who rented it out to Section 8. Turned a nice neighborhood into a ghetto in three years and costs me tens of thousands to get away from. Some people here hate HOAs but I will no longer buy in a neighborhood without one that forbids rentals after that.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:57:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope.

He can try and sue in court but it's not likely a judge will order the poor thing to pay any damages and even if they do there is nothing to take from her anyway.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I cant say I feel sorry for him. He should have known better than to rent out to sec 8 savages. I bet his neighbors were thrilled with it too. Im so happy that I have older single men on both sides of me. One side has a disabled man and the landlord is meticulous about keeping the place up, the guy on the other side could cut his grass more often but overall is not a problem. I hope the sec 8'rs never get a foothold in my 'hood.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 10:20:54 PM EDT
[#25]
And now you know why those people were poor in the first place.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 10:22:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
And now you know why those people were poor in the first place.
View Quote

My grandmother used to repeat a saying her maid/nanny told her..  "Po folks have po ways"
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 10:31:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I cant say I feel sorry for him. He should have known better than to rent out to sec 8 savages. I bet his neighbors were thrilled with it too. Im so happy that I have older single men on both sides of me. One side has a disabled man and the landlord is meticulous about keeping the place up, the guy on the other side could cut his grass more often but overall is not a problem. I hope the sec 8'rs never get a foothold in my 'hood.
View Quote

If you watched the entire video you would see that the neighborhood market had already.imploded with foreclosures everywhere.

Basically he was late in getting out and was stuck trying to retain equity in an upside down property.   With the idea that something was better than nothing or simply walking away, they tried to do the section 8 thing knowing no sane person would pay to rent in what was already a shit neighborhood.

They got screwed before going to section 8.

And with that being said, how does one check their neighborhood to see if any houses are section 8 rentals?   I would oike to occassionally check my neighborhood just to keep tabs on such a thing.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 10:38:56 PM EDT
[#28]
I watched the whole thing.

The explanation was that the neighborhood turned to shit in the crash - he paid 200k, and the foreclosures around him were selling for 14k.  The nightly gunfights scared them, and they moved to a rental...

Who did he THINK would move in to a place he was afraid to sleep in?  

Section 8.  Bringing the Ghetto to the suburbs...

Link Posted: 8/4/2013 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Damn. He has a nicer house than I do (before pics). Lots of really nice details.

How in the hell does someone relying on assistance qualify for a house that fucking nice?
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 10:47:49 PM EDT
[#30]
I just looked up the ZIP code mentioned in the video.

30310 - Atlanta, GA
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 10:47:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/4/2013 10:49:31 PM EDT
[#32]
It is late so bear with me. Read slow as I try to lay this out as simply as I can. You are only invested in something when the threat of loss becomes substantial enough to jeopardize your comfort level. The song', "I owe, I owe, off to work I go", reluctantly sung and for all, requires some degree of suffering or sacrifice, BUT FOR COMFORT we do. Suffering and/or sacrifice motivates us to remain engaged in this pursuit of comfort-a goal we all share on many levels. We all have different comfort levels and much of this is shaped by what we tolerate or have learned to tolerate by escaping some degree of suffering or discomfort. We all can be lazy at times! I simplify this for the simple reason of explaining my point, and can be demonstrated on many levels of the human experience. This escape of suffering/discomfort on a human level is in all of us, but, here is the kicker, can also taught, enabled, parented, systematically and governmentally supported, and politicized just to name a few conditions. I like to sum up human behavior like this: We will do ANYTHING to escape pain, discomfort or death, even if it requires us to die, which is paradoxical. I am reminded of the tragedy of 911 and how people jumped from 20 story buildings to escape being burnt ALIVE. The reality of knowing you are going to die and choosing to jump out of a burning building, but for even for a second of more life, yielded a greater level of comfort. It is human nature. Now, how does this work into understanding this video? I can talk for hours on this but in a nut shell. "Free stuff" (someone is always paying for it in one way or another) requires no real investment of suffering/discomfort/sacrifice. In the final analysis, there is NO LOSS if taken away and it BECOMES the SACRIFICE at someone else's cost, especially when one can get it free again. The reality of a loss happens ONLY when there is a THREAT to removing the Modus operandi of "free". I can go further in my diatribe of the implications this has on "the people" and the survivability of the power in charge of "the people", but I will not. It should be obvious to all how this can get out of hand and purposely so of those in charge of "the people".
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 10:51:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Obama voter.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 2:14:16 AM EDT
[#34]
I met a retired guy a while ago who owns several properties that he rents section 8. He has sons in the trades who can do carpentry, plumbing, electric, painting etc. He told me that every time they lose a tenant, they pretty much have to re-do the place but the guaranteed rental money from the government makes it worth it.

He buys run down piece-of-shit buildings, does a quick rehab using cheap cabinets, appliances, carpet and rents them out. He says he makes good money.

I would find it too depressing I think.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 2:25:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It is late so bear with me. Read slow as I try to lay this out as simply as I can. You are only invested in something when the threat of loss becomes substantial enough to jeopardize your comfort level. The song', "I owe, I owe, off to work I go", reluctantly sung and for all, requires some degree of suffering or sacrifice, BUT FOR COMFORT we do. Suffering and/or sacrifice motivates us to remain engaged in this pursuit of comfort-a goal we all share on many levels. We all have different comfort levels and much of this is shaped by what we tolerate or have learned to tolerate by escaping some degree of suffering or discomfort. We all can be lazy at times! I simplify this for the simple reason of explaining my point, and can be demonstrated on many levels of the human experience. This escape of suffering/discomfort on a human level is in all of us, but, here is the kicker, can also taught, enabled, parented, systematically and governmentally supported, and politicized just to name a few conditions. I like to sum up human behavior like this: We will do ANYTHING to escape pain, discomfort or death, even if it requires us to die, which is paradoxical. I am reminded of the tragedy of 911 and how people jumped from 20 story buildings to escape being burnt ALIVE. The reality of knowing you are going to die and choosing to jump out of a burning building, but for even for a second of more life, yielded a greater level of comfort. It is human nature. Now, how does this work into understanding this video? I can talk for hours on this but in a nut shell. "Free stuff" (someone is always paying for it in one way or another) requires no real investment of suffering/discomfort/sacrifice. In the final analysis, there is NO LOSS if taken away and it BECOMES the SACRIFICE at someone else's cost, especially when one can get it free again. The reality of a loss happens ONLY when there is a THREAT to removing the Modus operandi of "free". I can go further in my diatribe of the implications this has on "the people" and the survivability of the power in charge of "the people", but I will not. It should be obvious to all how this can get out of hand and purposely so of those in charge of "the people".
View Quote

I am going to try and simplify this piece of work since paragraphs are not welcome here...

Until you take people off of assistance and make them work for what they have, they will never appreciate anything.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 2:31:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Sucks when your rose colored glasses are forced off and you realize what people can really be like.  Unfortunately, it appears that too many people voters haven't lost their rose colored glasses yet.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 2:37:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Hey buddy.

Section 8 you're doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 2:39:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Anyone who rents to "8ers deserves to have their house destroyed to make up for what you put your neighbors thru.

I used to own and rent out a couple duplexes, no 8ers, EVER.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 2:39:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

From what he said in the vid it was not a good neighborhood.  Two murders, a shootout and his car window busted out.  They decided to move to a better area and rent the house since they still owed on it.

Link Posted: 8/5/2013 2:39:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Atlanta and Memphis
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 2:43:44 AM EDT
[#41]
BooHoo, don't rent to Section 8.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 2:47:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Anyone who rents to "8ers deserves to have their house destroyed to make up for what you put your neighbors thru.

View Quote

Well bless your little heart.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 3:09:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, other then one female who had a scumbag BF move in and decided to rebuild a auto transmission in the living room [yeah, you don't get back your deposit for ATF staining and ruining the carpet] I had long term stable tenants who didn't destroy the place. 8ers on the other hand, 99% loser scum with loser friends and relatives. They are section 8 for a reason.

Having a "no 8ers ever" policy means it's a lot harder for those FSA losers to claim you are discriminating against them. Race, color, sex, didn't matter as no 8ers allowed and all were treated equally.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 3:30:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Sickening, but not at all surprising.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 3:51:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I met a retired guy a while ago who owns several properties that he rents section 8. He has sons in the trades who can do carpentry, plumbing, electric, painting etc. He told me that every time they lose a tenant, they pretty much have to re-do the place but the guaranteed rental money from the government makes it worth it.

He buys run down piece-of-shit buildings, does a quick rehab using cheap cabinets, appliances, carpet and rents them out. He says he makes good money.

I would find it too depressing I think.
View Quote

Sounds like he needs a Section 8 next door to his home...
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 4:00:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 4:10:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Personally, I would have held out for better quality renters. There's no reason why they couldn't rent that place out to someone who might take care of it better.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 4:17:30 AM EDT
[#48]
I live in a small Spanish town  35 miles west of Philly in the burbs. When I bought my property (commercial garage)  the town was predominately white. As people moved out it became a Spanish town.  Next to my garage is a double house  that was bought by a Spanish gentleman  who buys properties and only rents to section 8.
  The first family to move in the half of the house next to me had a couple there three children and their daughters boyfriend.  They paid less that $200 a month  the state picked up the other $650 a month.
   One day I was working in my shop and several black Suburbans with ICE written on the doors and local police pulled up. They were looking for the daughters boyfriend on felony charges. They eventually caught him and away he went. The family was forced to move.  When they moved they took a truck load of mattresses with them.
   What they do is rent the mattresses out for $100  a week. to illegals. The father in the family didn't work. He didn't have to.  Six to eight  mattresses at $100  a week  you do the math. Now the other side of that house is rented out to section 8.  They run a day care that operates from 6 am till  11 pm.  Its the American way
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 4:21:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

If you watched the entire video you would see that the neighborhood market had already.imploded with foreclosures everywhere.

Basically he was late in getting out and was stuck trying to retain equity in an upside down property.   With the idea that something was better than nothing or simply walking away, they tried to do the section 8 thing knowing no sane person would pay to rent in what was already a shit neighborhood.

And with that being said, how does one check their neighborhood to see if any houses are section 8 rentals?   I would oike to occassionally check my neighborhood just to keep tabs on such a thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd like to know this as well.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 4:27:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ohio has a county by county listing. Look for anything labeled "...Metropolitan Housing Authority..."
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top