Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 7/9/2013 6:04:13 PM EDT
breaking

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/22799261/police-serving-warrant-for-arrest-of-pro-gun-activist-adam-kokesh#axzz2YbWdgT7p

HERNDON, Va. -
FOX 5 has confirmed that U.S. Park Police along with Herndon Police are serving a warrant for the arrest of Adam Kokesh, a pro-gun activist who was seen on a YouTube video posted on July 4th loading a shotgun in Freedom Plaza.

Roads have been blocked off near the area of the 1500 block of Snow Flake Court in Herndon and residents have been told to stay indoors while police serve the warrant.

FOX 5 has learned Kokesh is facing a felony charge that carries a maximum sentence of five years in federal prison and up to a $5,000 fine.

In the video, Kokesh, a former Marine, appears to load red shells into a pump-action shotgun while addressing the camera in Freedom Plaza, which is U.S. parkland.

Kokesh said, "We will not be silent. We will not obey. We will not allow our government to destroy our humanity."

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/22799261/police-serving-warrant-for-arrest-of-pro-gun-activist-adam-kokesh#ixzz2YbWs9txN
Follow us: @myfoxdc on Twitter | myfoxdc on Facebook

UPDATE:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/activist-adam-kokesh-reportedly-arrested-in-herndon/2013/07/10/73dbc8c2-e943-11e2-8f22-de4bd2a2bd39_story.html

Police searched the Northern Virginia home of libertarian activist Adam Kokesh Tuesday evening and took him into custody, according to a news release posted on Kokesh’s Web site.

Kokesh, a former Marine, was held overnight at the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center, charged with possession of schedule I and II drugs while in possession of a firearm, said Lt. Steve Elbert, a spokesman for the Fairfax County Sheriff’s Office. No additional details were immediately available.

Kokesh’s news release accuses police of “aggressive, forceful conduct,” including deploying a flash grenade in his foyer and using a battering ram to knock in the front door. Those details could not be independently confirmed
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:04:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure Alex Jones will be the first in line to post his bond.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:07:23 PM EDT
[#2]
dc is communist....and kokesh is a douche...
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:08:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Probably correct.

And we'll see if David Gregory is in the next indictment handed down.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The two should be happy together
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd like to see them prove the shotgun shells were real based on a video...

Semper Fi and keep up the good fight.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Meanwhile that msnbc guy david gregory and his 30 round magazines goes free...double standard much
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Call him what you will, he has more stones than most here. I support him. I don't agree with him on everything, but generally speaking, I support him.

Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#9]
One activist doing what Adam Kokesh did makes him a kook or a martyr.

If millions of gun rights activist did this, it would be brilliant and epic.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:09:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh, why the hell not.  In for whatever this thread turns into.

Any bets on if they will knock on his door and asked him to come peacefully, or are they just planning on kicking in his door?  Hope he doesn't have a dog.  

Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:10:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably correct.

Yeah, I'll hold my breath and wait for them to set up a cordon and raid Gregory's house.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:14:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Meanwhile that msnbc guy david gregory and his 30 round magazines goes free...double standard much

Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably correct.

Yeah, I'll hold my breath and wait for them to set up a cordon and raid Gregory's house.

Freedom Plaza is considered to be Federal land.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:18:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I thought it was legal to carry in US parkland since passage of that provision in the credit card reform act around 2009 or so.  I carry legally in the GSMNP all the time. I guess DC is different.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#16]
His buddies at code pink aren't as stupid as him.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:19:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

This...

A lot of people here say "fuck unconstitutional gun laws" and talk about disobeying them.

Here is someone that stands by those same beliefs and lays it on the line and most people say " fuck that not job"

Kokesh might be out there, but at least he has the stones to stand by his convictions against unconstitutional gun laws instead of bitching online.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I thought it was legal to carry in US parkland since passage of that provision in the credit card reform act around 2009 or so.  I carry legally in the GSMNP all the time. I guess DC is different.

Yeah DC gun laws are not the same as TN gun laws.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:19:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Meanwhile, a bunch of people who don't have the balls to do what he did sit around on the internet making fun of him and hoping he gets railroaded on whatever trumped up charges the gov can come up with.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#20]
While the guy is a tool - please remind me where the victim is here again?

Oh, also, how is the case progressing against the news anchor who wielded a 30 round mag in DC?
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meanwhile, a bunch of people who don't have the balls to do what he did sit around on the internet making fun of him and hoping he gets railroaded on whatever trumped up charges the gov can come up with.

There's more at play than that. The guy has undisputed Russian connections. The Russians would kill to see the Capitol Police get in a shoot out with random armed protesting gun owners.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Tell him to hide in the boat out back, they'll never look there.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:28:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Any construction equipment seen in the area?  I haven't seen FedDC online all day.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah DC gun laws are not the same as TN gun laws.

That legislation opened up all national park and forest lands to carry at the federal level.  I do seem to recall that it was up to the individual states to decide if they would allow it or not.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Hope he has allot of Chihuahua's stockpiled
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#26]
It only took them 5 days to catch him in his heinous act.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:32:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Unless there is a special exemption for DC area federal parks.  What he did was legal.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Breaking...how?
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:36:00 PM EDT
[#29]
How dare he break thy kings rules.

Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#30]
I hope he used a green screen.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:38:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Close.  As of February 2010, the firearms regulations of National Park Service administered areas will be consistent with those of the states that they are located within.  I don't believe I remember any specific language in regards to District of Columbia.

spf
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#32]
How do they know they were not dummy rounds?
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:39:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Tell him to hide in the boat out back, they'll never look there.

They should shut down his whole town and wait for the neighbor to find him
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:40:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Demilled shotgun and empty husks.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:40:40 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

How do they know they were not dummy rounds?

Brandishing is brandishing. It doesn't matter still a no go.

Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Any construction equipment seen in the area?  I haven't seen FedDC online all day.

Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:41:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yes, but Kokesh just might win this fight.  He loaded the shotgun as an expression of his feelings on a political matter.  1st Amendment and all that.  It's going to be one hell of a fight but hey, its a classic South Park.  Douche or turd sandwich.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Most here would never exercise their rights like he did, but will get on here and call him a douche and idiot all day long.

Like it or not, he acted like a free man. Problem is, he won't be free for very long.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Breaking...how?

My local news was crying about it on TV at 10pm, and it was the first I had heard of it, so it's breaking to me.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:46:11 PM EDT
[#41]
I hope this guy does nothing but speak out against the double standard that is going on. If he goes to jail then so should David Gregory. I hope he has some top notch lawyers.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but Kokesh just might win this fight.  He loaded the shotgun as an expression of his feelings on a political matter.  1st Amendment and all that.  It's going to be one hell of a fight but hey, its a classic South Park.  Douche or turd sandwich.

Pretty sure you can't get an exemption for breaking the law.  I mean, how far do we let that go? Dude murders a guy during a demonstration,  is he exempted because it was him expressing his First Amendment rights?  

He broke DC law. It's illegal to load a firearm outside of the home/business for any reason other than defense against the imminent threat of lethal force or grave bodily harm.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Demilled shotgun and empty husks.  

That would be funny shit.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#45]
He wanted exactly this reaction.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure you can't get an exemption for breaking the law.  I mean, how far do we let that go? Dude murders a guy during a demonstration,  is he exempted because it was him expressing his First Amendment rights?  

He broke DC law. It's illegal to load a firearm outside of the home/business for any reason other than defense against the imminent threat of lethal force or grave bodily harm.
You are wrong, who was the news man that had a 30 round mag in DC on national news and got away with it.

Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Oh, why the hell not.  In for whatever this thread turns into.

Any bets on if they will knock on his door and asked him to come peacefully, or are they just planning on kicking in his door?  Hope he doesn't have a dog.  

Probably just going to burn his house down.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top