BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Need pics of all these so called "too many guns" in a group shot.

That could help too, even if it's a half-assed pic of your storage.

Old pic of about half the collection, a dozen guns ago or so...posted before.  No pic right now, reorganizing.

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:10:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Old pic of about half the collection, a dozen guns ago or so...posted before.  No pic right now, reorganizing.

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/637/nd1f.jpg

That's it?
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:12:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Can you give us a rough estimate of what she considers to be too many?  10?  100?  1000?

I mean, if you are hitting over 300 then I could see it.  Otherwise, buy another safe and concentrate on pistols.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#4]
You don't need fewer guns.  You need more storage options.

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

That's it?

No kidding.

Paging Hardshell and RC, your assistance is needed in this thread.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice collection.  When you get into the 50-60ish+ weapons on hand then we can have this discussion
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
You had your wife sitting in the car at the XTC match at Butner the other weekend. Get her in the game. At least a good excuse for another NM AR. . . or a match rifle. . . . like a bolt gun. I got my wife to shoot some XTC first with an M4 and then with a fullsize Service Rifle AR (without the lead weights). She likes it, not as much as I do, but that should at least open the door.

Interesting to meet other ARFCOMMERS in the wild.

She was invited to shoot, and she could compete.  She wasn't feeling up to it that day- and didn't want to shoot my 23lbs match rifle. Her police service was almost exclusively with an M1 Carbine.

I let mine try a few rounds offhand with my SR after she finished the 200 standing stage the first time. . . she didn't like, and it's only 15 lbs.   She won't shoot with the lead weights in to this day.

Did you see the score that John F. put up?  796.  Dropped two points in standing, one in sitting, and one at 600yds.  All with the inexpensive Wilson barrels.  I need more practice.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:14:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Pic makes it look like less than 50 total.  Go count how many shoes she has.  

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:14:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:18:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I got 99 problems but too many guns aint one
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:19:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Old pic of about half the collection, a dozen guns ago or so...posted before. No pic right now, reorganizing.

Nice collection. When you get into the 50-60ish+ weapons on hand then we can have this discussion

The ~30 weapons on that table was about half the collection minus the dozen or so I've gotten since then....and a lot of them are class III. She'd legitimately murder me if she realized how much I have squirrelled away in the class III Uzi and M4.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Decide which bananaba republic is ripe for a coup?        
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Buy another safe.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The ~30 weapons on that table was about half the collection minus the dozen or so I've gotten since then....and a lot of them are class III. She'd legitimately murder me if she realized how much I have squirrelled away in the class III Uzi and M4.  

Envy, I has it
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I guess I misinterpreted that post. Total count is in the 70 range?

Honestly, I'm not sure that I see myself ever getting to that point.

Only you can choose what should go if you should decide to thin the herd a bit.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My wife says I have too many guns.  I recently have come to face the cold reality that it may be true.  I have more actions than I can feed, and the poor little guys don't even all fit into the walk in closet allocated for them anymore.  So what do you do when you have too many guns?  All I have left on the list is maybe a Barrett M98B and finishing up an accuracy international clone.  I'd also like one or two more pistols but...I really have no more space.  So what now- what would you do in a situation such as this?
It is not possible to own "too many" firearms. On the other hand, it is entirely possible to have too many wives...your answer lies in these truths young Padawan.

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:30:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My wife says I have too many guns. I recently have come to face the cold reality that it may be true. I have more actions than I can feed, and the poor little guys don't even all fit into the walk in closet allocated for them anymore. So what do you do when you have too many guns? All I have left on the list is maybe a Barrett M98B and finishing up an accuracy international clone. I'd also like one or two more pistols but...I really have no more space. So what now- what would you do in a situation such as this?
It is not possible to own "too many" firearms. On the other hand, it is entirely possible to have too many wives...your answer lies in these truths young Padawan.

There is a joke somewhere in there with this coming from a Utah poster...
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Buy more ammo
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:30:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Get rid of wife

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#20]
You have decent collection not to many by any means.  I have about as many as you do and not even close to thinking to many.  When i get a firearm i just tell my wife, oh i have had this for years, you just had not seen it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#21]
WTF is "too many guns"?
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#22]
"What do you do when you have too many guns?"

HIDE THE DOG !
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:36:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Your wife looks to be a keeper, so keep her.  You just need to be creative with the gun storage. Have you considered a detached two car garage with a room above?  Perfect man cave, where you can stash the toys in a suitable safe/safes, and the wife unit is unlikely to see them often.  Having them in a walk in closet is inviting issues of both the spousal and theft kind.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#25]
I buy moar guns. I loves guns they are always there for me and make bad things go away.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:38:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Eject and keep guns.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My wife says I have too many guns.  I recently have come to face the cold reality that it may be true.  I have more actions than I can feed, and the poor little guys don't even all fit into the walk in closet allocated for them anymore.  So what do you do when you have too many guns?  All I have left on the list is maybe a Barrett M98B and finishing up an accuracy international clone.  I'd also like one or two more pistols but...I really have no more space.  So what now- what would you do in a situation such as this?

Lets talk numbers.

Pistols
Shotguns
Fighting rifles or carbines
Long range type shit
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:45:14 PM EDT
[#28]
get rid of her shoes and make more room for your new guns
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:49:44 PM EDT
[#29]
As the old adage goes.... A spare A2 grip will eventually grow into a rifle.

I suggest getting entranced by a single caliber, namely 7.62x39 - As there are at least a dozen firearms chambered in it to acquire.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:51:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Masturbate feverishly til I figure it out.

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Get rid of the dupes.  Would you really miss one of those Ps-90s or ARs?
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Get rid of the dupes.  Would you really miss one of those Ps-90s or ARs?

It looks like there's tax stamps involved, so I'm guess the answer to that is yes.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:56:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
My wife says I have too many guns. I recently have come to face the cold reality that it may be true. I have more actions than I can feed, and the poor little guys don't even all fit into the walk in closet allocated for them anymore. So what do you do when you have too many guns? All I have left on the list is maybe a Barrett M98B and finishing up an accuracy international clone. I'd also like one or two more pistols but...I really have no more space. So what now- what would you do in a situation such as this?

There is a joke somewhere in there with this coming from a Utah poster...

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#34]
First World Problem, brah.

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What is this "too many" of which you speak?

Exactly, I'm still trying wrap my head around that concept
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Your income is greater than your taste, gather older Winchester Lever guns that will solve the problem.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 8:03:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
should be closing on a house this week.... reason number 3

Only if house includes enough land and seclusion  for a pistol range at least.

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 8:03:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Idk if I had a wife and she were that hot, and let me do naked stuff to her, she may be right.

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Sell two similar rifles and buy one nicer one.

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#40]
How many actions do her shoes take up in your home?
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#41]
uzi uh yes . too many guns uh no. keep buying and pick up that can.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Use the "Rusted Ace" approach.  Get a second wife. This should double your allocation of firearms.  At least that is how I think it works.  I'm not married.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 9:10:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Your problem isn't too many guns. It's not enough optics
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#44]
When you grab a gun from one of your safes and have no idea when or where you bought it...you're close to the point of having too many.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 9:21:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
buy more

Too many?  No such thing. That's crazy talk.

ETA: Wife not guilty by a long shot.  However, you still don't have too many toys.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 9:23:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Buy another safe.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#47]
I wish I had that problem.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
http://imageshack.us/a/img225/7058/img20111122wa0002.jpg

And she's probably a better shot than most of you.
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pix of wife?

This, need to determine guilt or innocence.

Not guilty sir.  *Very* not guilty.  

Her proclamation that you have too much hardware is simply a *misunderstanding*, but nothing to "eject" over.

I expect if you added a walk-in armory in your home, she'd be enthusiastic about your small arms collection.

Give it a try.  Wimminz love upgrades to the hooch.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 9:48:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I wish I had that problem.  

This. My problem is I don't have enough.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#50]
I got nothing.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top