Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:30:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You've obviously never seen NYPD cops who stapled the hems into their pant's legs rather than paying the person at the dry cleaners to hem them.

That shouldn't pass inspection

What's "inspection"?
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:30:36 AM EDT
[#2]
"National Defense Sevice Medal" for every time they pull an illegal alien undocumented immigrant over...

The cops can adopt some of these:

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:34:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Its about time!  When officers proudly display their fruit salads, it will make it much easier for the civilians to spot the go-getters.  I personally would like to see LE adopt some kind of branch insignia-perhaps worn on the left collar?, to make IDing the hard-chargers just that much more easy.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:36:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've never understood how NYPD tells 30K officers they have to buy their own stuff.

Because the city doesn't want to pay for all that crap. We're talking tens of millions of dollars worth of stuff.

And theoretically people take better care of something that they pay for rather than getting for free.

Oh, that's absolutely true.

It's also true that they tend to be cheapskates about replacing it when it needs to be.

Of course, nothing beats the MPD here in DC, whose uniform, first off, is an $8 set of navy blue BDUs.  Second off, most officers wear the things so long that they turn grey, I shit you not.  I don't know what the sloppiest police department in the country is, but we've got to be in the running.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:42:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
"National Defense Sevice Medal" for every time they pull an illegal alien undocumented immigrant over...

The cops can adopt some of these:

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa324/mike-munich/amendment.jpg

Back at school, we made a few up.

My favorite was, you take the "honor plebe" award, which was a solid blue ribbon.  Then you take a marksmanship "E" device and cut the bottom leg off to make an "F".  Put the two together, voila, you've got the "Blue Falcon Citation."

Hold a fake little awards ceremony and see how long plebe douchebag wears it around campus.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:44:16 AM EDT
[#6]
It clearly shows a lack of respect, or perhaps just simple ignorance on the part of the PD's management.
But sadly, the first thing I noticed was this:

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:46:20 AM EDT
[#7]
you've got the "Blue Falcon Citation."

I know one or two guys who deserve that "Award"....
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:47:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I wear 4, which is the maximum we can wear.  I think it's funny that you numbskulls get so bent out of shape over LE getting recognized for their actions.

I say we do away with medals for everyone, .mil included, just to alleviate GD of another major stress factor!  Fuck recognition!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:48:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wear 4, which is the maximum we can wear.  I think it's funny that you numbskulls get so bent out of shape over LE getting recognized for their actions.

I say we do away with medals for everyone, .mil included, just to alleviate GD of another major stress factor!  Fuck recognition!!

But then half the posters in GD wouldn't get their Special Olympics participation ribbons!  
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:49:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:50:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:52:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was stopped by a Texas State Trooper a few months back and noticed that he had an enamel National Defense Service Medal ribbon on his uniform, so I asked him about it. He said that DPS had just authorized the wear of certain military ribbons if the Trooper had been awarded them while in the US military.

This is the only way police should be wearing these things. Making up their own awards and wearing ribbons that already have a meaning for something else is bullshit.

Have you seen the DC police cunt chief's borrowed fruit salad?

It's fuckin' amazing.

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:53:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Themselfs?
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:55:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:55:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Are your ribbons ones that already have a meaning assigned by the US military and your PD has hijacked them for their own purpose, or are they awards that your PD has come up with and had original ribbons made for those awards?
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:57:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was stopped by a Texas State Trooper a few months back and noticed that he had an enamel National Defense Service Medal ribbon on his uniform, so I asked him about it. He said that DPS had just authorized the wear of certain military ribbons if the Trooper had been awarded them while in the US military.

This is the only way police should be wearing these things. Making up their own awards and wearing ribbons that already have a meaning for something else is bullshit.

It's fuckin' amazing.

http://www.washingtonblade.com/content/files/2011/04/Cathy_Lanier_insert_cMichael_Key-199x300.jpg

I don't know anything about her, aside that DC Metro is a joke of a PD, but at least those are original ribbons and not US military ribbons that she didn't earn in the military.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:03:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's fuckin' amazing.

http://www.washingtonblade.com/content/files/2011/04/Cathy_Lanier_insert_cMichael_Key-199x300.jpg

I don't know anything about her, aside that DC Metro is a joke of a PD, but at least those are original ribbons and not US military ribbons that she didn't earn in the military.

I see an Army ribbon in there. The Army service ribbon, AKA fruitloop badge.

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:03:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That's retarded, sir.

Made my day, reading this.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:11:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's fuckin' amazing.

http://www.soldiercity.com/images/products/300PIX/RB551_300PIX.JPG

Gay Pride Ribbon
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:23:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are your ribbons ones that already have a meaning assigned by the US military and your PD has hijacked them for their own purpose, or are they awards that your PD has come up with and had original ribbons made for those awards?

One similar to this:

And one that was custom made for my unit.  You tell me.

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:26:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wear 4, which is the maximum we can wear. I think it's funny that you numbskulls get so bent out of shape over LE getting recognized for their actions.

I say we do away with medals for everyone, .mil included, just to alleviate GD of another major stress factor! Fuck recognition!!

I don't know about him, but I have only one of my uniform and it's the marksmanship citation for qualifying three times in a row with a perfect score. Does it match any military ribbon? I have no clue.

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:27:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's fuckin' amazing.

http://www.soldiercity.com/images/products/300PIX/RB551_300PIX.JPG

Gay Pride Ribbon

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:30:13 AM EDT
[#23]
A paid time off ribbon ?

None of those look like military ribbons (though one looks like it might belong in the PLA)
I don't think anyone has a problem with LEOs wearing ribbons, just wearing military ones they didn't earn
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:34:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Do I think it's OK? No.

Do I think it matters what I think? No.

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:34:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It clearly shows a lack of respect, or perhaps just simple ignorance on the part of the PD's management.
But sadly, the first thing I noticed was this:

http://i.imgur.com/ti9LLwu.png

The Sanford PD has had issues in the past and their leadership has been questionable long before the Zimmerman Case. Sanford itself has always been known as a redneck town but it's now more of a bedroom community for the Northern Orlando Metro Area.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:36:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That's retarded, sir.

I read it in her voice.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#27]
>themselfs

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:39:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A paid time off ribbon ?

None of those look like military ribbons (though one looks like it might belong in the PLA)
I don't think anyone has a problem with LEOs wearing ribbons, just wearing military ones they didn't earn

I like it!!  I think I'll use that from now on when people ask!!

The PLA, you mean my white star on red?  
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:40:09 AM EDT
[#29]
BFD

Sounds like they were just pinching pennies by using something that was already in production , yet outdated ....saving a few bucks by not having something custom made .
Priorities ,folks....this nation really has bigger fish to fry

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:42:45 AM EDT
[#30]
*themselves
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:43:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Themselfs?

LOL!  I just noticed that.  I've become so used to bad grammar and spelling on this message board that I look past it now for just the message.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:43:46 AM EDT
[#32]
This is fucking ghey.  

What's next, they gonna wear a metal ribbon that says "Fire Department" because they put out a trash can fire???

Friggen tards
-SleeperShooter
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:44:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.epolicesupply.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/295x295/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/e/_/e_a4616-w.jpg

One similar to this:
http://www.epolicesupply.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/295x295/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/e/_/e_a11359.jpg

http://www.epolicesupply.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/295x295/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/8/a8085-b.jpg

And one that was custom made for my unit.  You tell me.

Then we have no argument. You've manufactured one from thin air if you think I object to police being recognized for hard work, heroism or specific accomplishments on the job.

What most people in this thread object to is military awards being hijacked and re-purposed by police departments too cheap or uncaring to issue their own specific awards. That's it. No objection to PDs authorizing members of service who have been awarded decorations in the military from wearing them on their police uniforms. No objection to PDs creating and issuing their own ribbons for their own awards.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:48:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
"Re-purposing" military awards that are still in use makes a laughing stock out of any idiot who wears them without having earned them in the military.

So Sgt strips earned in LE would make me a "laughing stock" because the .mil has Sgt's too
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:50:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Agree.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:59:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Then we have no argument. You've manufactured one from thin air if you think I object to police being recognized for hard work, heroism or specific accomplishments on the job.

What most people in this thread object to is military awards being hijacked and re-purposed by police departments too cheap or uncaring to issue their own specific awards. That's it. No objection to PDs authorizing members of service who have been awarded decorations in the military from wearing them on their police uniforms. No objection to PDs creating and issuing their own ribbons for their own awards.

I have no idea if any of our ribbons have ever been used in the .mil, nor do I care.  I'm not claiming .mil service, and don't need to.  I've busted my ass for the citizens of this country for 12 years, which is a whole hell of a lot more than most of arfcom can say.  Why it matters whether or not our ribbons are used in other organizations is beyond me.  

Too cheap or uncaring?  Do you know the setup cost for custom bars?  A lot of small departments would rather use what is already out there and give that saved money to the troops who earn it every day, or better yet, use the cheaper pre-made bars to save taxpayers money.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#37]
How cute... kids playing dress-up
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:01:59 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So this police department authorize the CAB?

Canine action badge?

Awarded for each time the occifer shoots a dog.

http://d2jxk7u2ol2fk7.cloudfront.net/image/thumb/large/CombatActionNickel4.jpg

Photoshop the bayonet into a bone.

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:02:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:02:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
wut

Workman got a hold of them and said they told him they didn’t have their own awards system, so they went to the Army-Navy store around the corner and picked out Defense Department military ribbons to fit their own format. The WWII was selected, the police department official told Workman, because they knew there weren’t many veterans from that period alive so they didn’t think people would notice.

Do ya'll think this is ok?

If I see one of these bozos can I citizen arrest them under the stolen valor act?

I'd love to see you try, make sure you put the part where she's kicking your ass on YouTube because I want to laugh at you and tell people that the guy getting his ass beat by a woman there is on ARFCOM.

You really care about this enough to make a stink about it? That says more about your personal level of fail far more than it does about the police or the officers who serve. Sounds to me that you're feeling ass pain because that woman makes you feel less masculine as she could probably beat your ass.

Before you go ahead and say something else retarded, do you know what she got those ribbons for? Perhaps one of them was for being a SRO, FTO, working the streets for 5, 10, 15 years etc.

If she was wearing the ribbons to signify that she had taken part in getting them for the reasons they were given to military members, I'd totally understand your faux outrage. As she is probably wearing them for some service to her community, good for her.

Most of you crying sound like a bunch of fucking liberals.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:06:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Re-purposing" military awards that are still in use makes a laughing stock out of any idiot who wears them without having earned them in the military.

So Sgt strips earned in LE would make me a "laughing stock" because the .mil has Sgt's too

Rank is different than a specific award, right? You're trying to manufacture an argument here. I think I was pretty specific about that with which I disagree.

The military wears helmets. Police SWAT teams wear helmets. No one objects to the police wearing helmets just because the military also wears them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:07:10 AM EDT
[#42]

...yeah.

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:08:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no idea if any of our ribbons have ever been used in the .mil, nor do I care.  I'm not claiming .mil service, and don't need to.  I've busted my ass for the citizens of this country for 12 years, which is a whole hell of a lot more than most of arfcom can say.  Why it matters whether or not our ribbons are used in other organizations is beyond me.  

Too cheap or uncaring?  Do you know the setup cost for custom bars?  A lot of small departments would rather use what is already out there and give that saved money to the troops who earn it every day, or better yet, use the cheaper pre-made bars to save taxpayers money.

You're determined to have an argument about this. Knock yourself out.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:09:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rank is different than a specific award, right? You're trying to manufacture an argument here. I think I was pretty specific about that with which I disagree.

The military wears helmets. Police SWAT teams wear helmets. No one objects to the police wearing helmets just because the military also wears them.

As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I've read some comments on Arf making that exact argument.  Militarization of the police and shit!  
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:11:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
A paid time off ribbon ?

I like it!!  I think I'll use that from now on when people ask!!

The PLA, you mean my white star on red?  

Indeed!
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:12:11 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Canine action badge?

Canine Annihilation Badge

Instead of a knife, it needs a dog bone in the center.  Stars awarded for subsequent dogs shot (must be from separate incident).  

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:12:48 AM EDT
[#47]
I found that going to the PX and just purchasing one of every ribbon there and putting it on my stack works out.

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:15:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Canine action badge?

Now that is funny
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:17:08 AM EDT
[#49]
So my question to you is this, should Police Department;s and other agencies be allowed to use DOD ribbons for their own use?
In my opinion, and according to 10 USC 771-772, no they are not allowed to

if thats the case, then my question would be, why were they being sold to the general public in an army navy surplus store?
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:18:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What's "inspection"?

You know, when the supervisor looks over his guys during briefing and makes sure they meet the uniform and appearance standard.

I know, I know, you're gonna go for NYPD.

A guy with staples for a hem shouldn't be allowed on the street
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top