BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1007
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:54:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KingAirDriver:
Woo hoo!  Just got back a bit ago from our first playoff game.  We won!  Advanced to the finals now, starting next Saturday!

This is quite a feat for our team.  We're a fairly new team (only second season).  Last year we only won TWO or THREE games the entire year, and this year we finished the regular season with a lot of wins and in 2nd place.  We played really hard tonight and came up with a 2-0 shutout.  Yours truly had a nice diving play at the blue line to keep the puck in the zone... and then while I'm flopping around like a fish trying to get up, a guy on their team tried to clear the puck out, not off the wall, oh no, rather right into my chest.    So, I kept the play alive again at the sacrifice of a good thump to the sternum!  

A couple of pics to share.  Notice on the close-up I'm rockin' the BFL on my helmet.  

Good night all, I'm pooped and off to bed.

http://i.imgur.com/sHyYO7e.png

http://i.imgur.com/enQtsqu.png

View Quote

Nice, Not quite sure what that white hard surface your on but aside from getting hit by the puck.
Looks like fun.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:12:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kitties-with-Sigs] [#2]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:19:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Kitties-with-Sigs:

Hmmm....lessee....all IV fluids are the same, right?  I mean, they all look clear..so surely it doesn't make any difference....They're all interchangeable, right?

Corn Starch
Baking Poweder
Baking Soda

Nothing about these is the same.

Think of your gravy as your patient.

Pay fucking attention.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ontime1969:
Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:

Christmas dinner @ my house, SWMBO cooked a turkey.  I attempted to make gravy from the renderings and I don't know what went wrong, but the death knell was my mom wincing as she said, "Oh, salt won't fix that".

I admit it, i tried to make gravy tonight like you said, but there wasnt enough juice so I added some water then some milk and it like clumped up really fast when I put the baking soda in there.  Wife said it looked nasty and she wasnt putting on her plate.  I poured it down the drain.  The meat was awesome so I won with the meal in general.

Not baking soda.  

Corn starch. :0)

And sorry it didn't work for you.  

I"d practice gravy making a roux the way Ohio suggests--a little bacon grease, stir in flour until it cooks to the point it's not raw, then gradually whisk in the liquid like milk--for breakfast gravy.  That way you don't waste your great drippings like chicken, beef, or pork drippings on learning.  

"Thickening" drippings is a bit of an art, but it's easy once you get the hang of it.

Kitties

Yea... we didnt have any of that.  Wife was snickering while I was making the gravy.  She said it was not going to work.  I said baking powder and soda are the same... she shook her head, she was right.  You were right. She bakes and stuff so I should have known.  Next time I will get the corn starch.  I will try again for sure.

Hmmm....lessee....all IV fluids are the same, right?  I mean, they all look clear..so surely it doesn't make any difference....They're all interchangeable, right?

Corn Starch
Baking Poweder
Baking Soda

Pay fucking attention.

Yea I swear my queen said a similar thing.

Im not allowed to make gravy for any events.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:23:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:28:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:32:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#7]
Hey Kitties, you might be partially to blame for this. I had that Ruger Bisely and had it up for sale but it didn't go.
One person especially persistent wanted to trade a mini 14 for it. Well being deep into AR's that was a no way.
Nothing wrong with a Ruger mini 14 but no. Well today he upped his game. To something I've wanted for a while.

A Marlin 1895 in 45-70 with loaded ammo dies and lots of brass. Some of the boxes of ammo say Sharps rifle on them.
The wood is kind of plain but I think I might have a solution for that.
I had forgotten about those big bore cartridges till you got us all talking about them.

So he got what he wanted and I got what I wanted. And all is great with the world. dbrad and I had a great time at the show.
He got a parts kit and some mags. I got a mag and my buffer tube. But couldn't wait to get home to play with the new toy.

I hope you all had half as good a Sunday as I did. dbrad is one cool person to hang around with also.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:34:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Very nice Mauser1, you scored!
Next time I have a Griz in my back yard I'll call ya!
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:42:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Woo hoo!  Just got back a bit ago from our first playoff game.  We won!  Advanced to the finals now, starting next Saturday!

This is quite a feat for our team.  We're a fairly new team (only second season).  Last year we only won TWO or THREE games the entire year, and this year we finished the regular season with a lot of wins and in 2nd place.  We played really hard tonight and came up with a 2-0 shutout.  Yours truly had a nice diving play at the blue line to keep the puck in the zone... and then while I'm flopping around like a fish trying to get up, a guy on their team tried to clear the puck out, not off the wall, oh no, rather right into my chest.    So, I kept the play alive again at the sacrifice of a good thump to the sternum!  

A couple of pics to share.  Notice on the close-up I'm rockin' the BFL on my helmet.  

View Quote

NASCAR.  Cool....

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:42:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#10]
I'll just stop by and pop him in the chops.
Nice to see you GS808, You should stop  by more often.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:43:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:48:04 PM EDT
[#12]

NASCAR.  Cool....

View All Quotes

NASCAR.  Cool....

Is that what that is? I have to watch more sports on TV. Plunked with a puck he has Sa/oU written all over him. sorry.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:50:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Mauser1:
Hey Kitties, you might be partially to blame for this. I had that Ruger Bisely and had it up for sale but it didn't go.
One person especially persistent wanted to trade a mini 14 for it. Well being deep into AR's that was a no way.
Nothing wrong with a Ruger mini 14 but no. Well today he upped his game. To something I've wanted for a while.

A Marlin 1895 in 45-70 with loaded ammo dies and lots of brass. Some of the boxes of ammo say Sharps rifle on them.
I had forgotten about those big bore cartridges till you got us all talking about them.

So he got what he wanted and I got what I wanted. And all is great with the world. dbrad and I had a great time at the show.
He got a parts kit and some mags. I got a mag and my buffer tube. But couldn't wait to get home to play with the new toy.

I hope you all had half as good a Sunday as I did. dbrad is one cool person to hang around with also.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/P1010173_zpsk7tje7w6.jpg

View Quote

Nice score.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:52:47 PM EDT
[#14]

OMG!  SCORE!

Lever action? That's awesome!

I think your wood is pretty, especially on the stock.  What is the wood block-looking thing behind it with the marking on it?

So with the dies and all, that has to be a good get for the trade, right? (I don't know values of many things, so I'm clueless.)
View All Quotes

OMG!  SCORE!

Lever action? That's awesome!

I think your wood is pretty, especially on the stock.  What is the wood block-looking thing behind it with the marking on it?

So with the dies and all, that has to be a good get for the trade, right? (I don't know values of many things, so I'm clueless.)

Straight up trade. I think I did better than him but he was happy. Everyone in the family had one but the misses.
So he handed it to her after his inspection. With those smaller gunfighter grips she just smiled and it was done.
The whole family now has Rugers in 45 Colt now. A happy wife is a happy house.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:52:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ontime1969] [#15]

View Quote

Nice, especially when you get the dies and a butt load of brass.  Those extras make a good deal almost impossable to not take.

Edit
I am glad you didnt take the mini 14.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:55:31 PM EDT
[#16]

NASCAR.  Cool....

View All Quotes

NASCAR.  Cool....

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:56:33 PM EDT
[#17]
That block behind is something I had left over for years and forgot about.
Very dense French Walnut with near perfect grain. I just might have that cut for that rifle.
Just replace the wood. Let me find the picture of it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:57:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
Very nice Mauser1, you scored!
Next time I have a Griz in my back yard I'll call ya!
View Quote

Hey GS808 good to see you, how are things with you?  Any good preditor hunting lately?  I have been practicing my distress call.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:00:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By dbrad197:

View All Quotes

NASCAR.  Cool....

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:04:28 AM EDT
[#20]
See if I use the front 14" or so for the forend. Then push the butt stock all the way to the back.
I should have enough left over for another forend on something. Just thinking out loud here.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:06:33 AM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

NASCAR.  Cool....

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:36:57 AM EDT
[#22]
[b]Originally Posted By Kitties-with-Sigs:[/b

Corn Starch
Baking Poweder
Baking Soda

Pay fucking attention.

View Quote

Kitties sounds like a nurse.
Is she?

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:39:29 AM EDT
[#23]

You could have less worthy reasons to face each day.

You are a good guy, arming those kids. especially the girls.  

That speaks well of you.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ohio:
Originally Posted By uxb:
Ten years ago my 12 yo daughter was going on about how she didn't need a gun because people are generally nice, and she wasn't in any danger.
I made her watch "Silence of the Lambs".

She got the point.  It has cost me a $500 shotgun and an AK so far, but it's worth it. And a 38 revolver.

Could be worse, she could be pestering you for NVGs and suppressors.

I hope she didn't hear you.

She doesn't ask me to buy stuff for her; she uses my stuff then just keeps it, or makes me feel guilty for not providing it.

I still have two more (13 and 8) to arm.

Let's see, Matt (24) and Sam (19) have each gotten an SKS and an autoloading pistol, plus a Mosin each.  Matt got an old Mauser  as well.
Anna (22) has as outlined above.

I can't wait to see what the little girls want. Sarah (13) is already claiming my 20 g 870...
And my M4gery.

That speaks well of you.

Frankly, developing the attitude is more important than the hardware.
They all have killed and cleaned poultry.  I have bought them all their own hatchets, and we clean and burn brush.
They know what life is, and what it costs others.  No illusions here.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:40:16 AM EDT
[#24]

That speaks well of you.
View Quote

Thanks.
That means a lot to me, today.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:42:39 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

If those are .50 Sharps, let me know.

I would have that puppy built into a .50 Alaskan in a heartbeat.  Big-bore lead-slingers is my favorite thing..
Someday I may show you.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:44:04 AM EDT
[#26]

Is she?

View All Quotes

Corn Starch
Baking Poweder
Baking Soda

Pay fucking attention.

Is she?

I think she is an editor.  But she does know the color of the plastic pickups in the cheap suture kits we use in the ER.  uxb seems knowledgeable about medicine, he knows how to read an xray pretty good.  Maybe she knows im in medicine and was putting it in context that I could understand better.  Maybe its all reseach for the next book.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:46:15 AM EDT
[#27]

I think she is an editor.  But she does know the color of the plastic pickups in the cheap suture kits we use in the ER.  uxb seems knowledgeable about medicine, he knows how to read an xray pretty good.  Maybe she knows im in medicine and was putting it in context that I could understand better.  Maybe its all reseach for the next book.
View All Quotes

Corn Starch
Baking Poweder
Baking Soda

Pay fucking attention.

Is she?

Just for reference: I have been an EMT for 20+ years, and read a lot.
My oldest two children are RNs.
I have a couple hundred suture kits stored around the house.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:13:51 AM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Corn Starch
Baking Poweder
Baking Soda

Pay fucking attention.

Is she?

Oh sweet.  My wife is an RN.  She worked CCU for years.  She got burned out and tried a new carrer and found out how good she had it before, now she is back and does infusion nursing.  Better pay, no hospital managment, but I can tell she misses the excitement.  I have been an respiratory therapist since 1990, I went back to school for a while.  I will probobly start working again soon, but I dont miss night shifts.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:37:51 AM EDT
[#29]

I would have that puppy built into a .50 Alaskan in a heartbeat.  Big-bore lead-slingers is my favorite thing..
Someday I may show you.
View All Quotes

Someday I may show you.

That would be one of my bucket list ideas.  Along with having adult beverages on a porch one afternoon.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:42:22 AM EDT
[#30]

Nice, especially when you get the dies and a butt load of brass.  Those extras make a good deal almost impossable to not take.

Edit
View All Quotes

Edit

I am too. But you just keep rolling on. Looking forward to that shoot someday.
You have friends here, All pulling for you. Ammo is on me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:52:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Whats up Eagle, Looks like everyone else went to bed. You must be heading for breakfast here in a few hours.
Right? You think I did OK. I really dropped a bunch getting that Ruger right. I am digging the rifle though.
Cabelas says my in store pickup is on the 22nd. Lets see if they can deliver on that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:54:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Oops OT69 is on too. Up late I see.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:02:04 AM EDT
[#33]
That would be one of my bucket list ideas.  Along with having adult beverages on a porch one afternoon.
View Quote

I remember the first time I was shooting off of the deck, with my 8 yo daughter shooting her Crickett, while I was  drinking a beer.
Redneck heaven.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:12:08 AM EDT
[#34]

I am too. But you just keep rolling on. Looking forward to that shoot someday.
You have friends here, All pulling for you. Ammo is on me.
View Quote

For sure. Head up, shoulders square and keep rolling.  Yea after a few months we will be caught up, and Im going drive up.  Im looking forward to it too.  I wish I could have gone to the gun show with you guys today.  I will be patient... lol sticking to the budget.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:16:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ontime1969] [#35]
Oops OT69 is on too. Up late I see.
View Quote

Haha, yea I had a headache earlier, took some migraine meds and layed down in the dark.  Slept for a couple of hours.  Now i am wide awake, but headache free.

I just put in full metal jacket.  Its a great movie, It never gets old.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:27:06 AM EDT
[#36]
You two make me smile. Get a good nights rest.
Tomorrow is another day.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:53:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Stepped in on the teener thread and it was like a fart in church.
Nobody is saying a effing word. I think I killed it. Well for tonight.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:57:54 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Haha, good info though.  Well movies over, i am yawning.  Calling it a night.  Have a good sleep everyone.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:01:21 AM EDT
[#39]

Haha, good info though.  Well movies over, i am yawning.  Calling it a night.  Have a good sleep everyone.
View All Quotes

You too.....Goodnight.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:52:06 AM EDT
[#40]
good morning!  and another full page to read up on...

today I get contact lenses and a 7mm mag rifle:  savage 116 with an E---Lite Tasco rubber armored scope!

I hope to see you all later.  get it? see?  

saou

g
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

NASCAR.  Cool....

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Good morning, everyone!  Hope everybody slept well last night.

Ohio, just got done reading through the last page or so.  Have to say it, coolest dad ever!  Nice job bringing your kids up like that.  Our kids are still pretty young: son will be 9 in a couple weeks and daughter turned 6 in December.  I bought my son one of those little Red Ryder BB guns a couple of years ago, but ugh, the poor kid's just little! It wasn't until just recently that he was able to fit to the gun properly.  He's a pretty good shot when we get out and use it though!

Kitties, yeah, you want to get out of the way of that puck for sure.  I took a fairly soft shot off the inner thigh last night and got a decent bruise from that.    Haha, almost forgot, I shot a friggin' laser beam last night at the net.  There were a bunch of guys in front of the net providing a good screen and wow, I connected with the puck and that bullet darn near took the nuts off my own teammate, lol!  He jumped with his legs split like a ballet dancer and the shot went right off his shaft (of his stick you pervs).  Good times, but yeah, never take your eye off the puck at a game, either on the ice or in the stands!!  
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#43]

Ohio, just got done reading through the last page or so.  Have to say it, coolest dad ever!  Nice job bringing your kids up like that.  Our kids are still pretty young: son will be 9 in a couple weeks and daughter turned 6 in December.  I bought my son one of those little Red Ryder BB guns a couple of years ago, but ugh, the poor kid's just little! It wasn't until just recently that he was able to fit to the gun properly.  He's a pretty good shot when we get out and use it though!

Kitties, yeah, you want to get out of the way of that puck for sure.  I took a fairly soft shot off the inner thigh last night and got a decent bruise from that.    Haha, almost forgot, I shot a friggin' laser beam last night at the net.  There were a bunch of guys in front of the net providing a good screen and wow, I connected with the puck and that bullet darn near took the nuts off my own teammate, lol!  He jumped with his legs split like a ballet dancer and the shot went right off his shaft (of his stick you pervs).  Good times, but yeah, never take your eye off the puck at a game, either on the ice or in the stands!!
View Quote

I was playing floor hockey in high school, I was a ok goalie. I kept my eye on the puck, as someone slap shot the ball from about 12 feet away. I had no time to react,  and took it straight in the eye socket. I drop like a sack of shit, holding me eye. PE teacher comes running up and goes "Oh shit,is it your eye!?!?!

No bitch, I just like rolling around on the ground, clutching my eye.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:57:24 AM EDT
[#44]

Someday I may show you.
View All Quotes

Someday I may show you.

I like the .50 Alaskan. I just get queasy about converting a fine as-is rifle/carbine. The one I've shot was a converted Browning 1886 carbine.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#45]

I was playing floor hockey in high school, I was a ok goalie. I kept my eye on the puck, as someone slap shot the ball from about 12 feet away. I had no time to react,  and took it straight in the eye socket. I drop like a sack of shit, holding me eye. PE teacher comes running up and goes "Oh shit,is it your eye!?!?!

View All Quotes

Lol, ouch!  Sounds like Captain Obvious was your teacher.  

Guy on my team broke his Tib & Fib in a game this Fall.  Stupid, dumb luck, too!  He and a player from the other team (115# girl, lol) were pinned against the boards with the puck between their skates.  Whistle blew and the separated.  Our guy turned to go back for the face off, only his skate didn't turn with him- his body weight collapsed on the leg while rotating with the foot locked in one place.  Yeah, that was bad.  We gave him so much crap for getting whooped on by a girl, lol, even though she had nothing to do with it.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#46]

I like the .50 Alaskan. I just get queasy about converting a fine as-is rifle/carbine. The one I've shot was a converted Browning 1886 carbine.
View All Quotes

Someday I may show you.

That is a really nice looking rifle, M1!  

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:03:17 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Good luck to you in whatever it is you're doing!
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:14:19 AM EDT
[#48]

Guy on my team broke his Tib & Fib in a game this Fall.  Stupid, dumb luck, too!  He and a player from the other team (115# girl, lol) were pinned against the boards with the puck between their skates.  Whistle blew and the separated.  Our guy turned to go back for the face off, only his skate didn't turn with him- his body weight collapsed on the leg while rotating with the foot locked in one place.  Yeah, that was bad.  We gave him so much crap for getting whooped on by a girl, lol, even though she had nothing to do with it.  
View All Quotes

That's one of those things where you just shouldn't have got out of bed that day, period. That's sucks
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:07:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KingAirDriver] [#49]
Ugh.  Just got some bad news.  

A friend (former coworker) was killed in an accident this morning.  I wasn't real close to him, but he was a great guy, so intelligent and awesome at his job.  Too early to tell with the accident, but looks like it was stupid, stupid choices.  

That makes TWO guys from my last job, in the same program, we've lost in the last few months.  The other guy took his life, and was also a well-loved individual.  Ugh.  Funerals suck.  

http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/one-dead-three-hurt-in-accident-vehicle-fire/32452902

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Ugh.  Just got some bad news.  

A friend (former coworker) was killed in an accident this morning.  I wasn't real close to him, but he was a great guy, so intelligent and awesome at his job.  Too early to tell with the accident, but looks like it was stupid, stupid choices.  

That makes TWO guys from my last job, in the same program, we've lost in the last few months.  The other guy took his life, and was also a well-loved individual.  Ugh.  Funerals suck.  

http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/one-dead-three-hurt-in-accident-vehicle-fire/32452902

View Quote

Oh man sorry to hear that, its not a good way to start the day.  I guess the guy you knew was driving the mustang?  Hang in there, I will send paryers to the family.
Page / 1007
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top