Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1007
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:56:33 PM EDT
[#1]
How do you compromise with someone when someone loses either way?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hooligan223:
View Quote

I'm pretty sure that's what compromise is in the long run, hombre.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JohnnyCarcinogen:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Sometimes, but not always.  Usually there is at least a little room toward the center where no one feels like they really lost, but not this time.  I think I may be screwed either way.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Sometimes, but not always.  Usually there is at least a little room toward the center where no one feels like they really lost, but not this time.  I think I may be screwed either way.
View All Quotes

I know them feels.

If the negative causes loss of support to folks under 18, support them.

If not, looking out for #1 is best.

IMHO/YMMV

my advice is worth what you paid for it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is a thread I started in team if anyone wants more information on my dilemma. Link
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:54:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: I-M-A-WMD] [#6]
Here is a thread I started in team if anyone wants more information on my dilemma. Link
View Quote

Posted words of experience.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:04:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: I-M-A-WMD] [#7]
View Quote

I know you're discussing your household, but to me; compromise is where one person wants something contrary to the other party's interest.  They meet in the middle and someone gets kicked in the nuts and doesn't get their way.  The party curled up in the fetal position will be known as a"great compromiser" while the nut kicker will always be known as a "great negotiator". Obviously, YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Mauser1:

I love PO1's, they feel so good in your hand. You really have to work on not liking one.
Oh and those other things laying around aren't half bad either.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TargetEarth:
I'm back..........
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y349/hesk26/Wreck_zps50d7bcf0.jpg
Took out the new CZ P01 today.
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y349/hesk26/RPK-_zps6ad54fe4.jpg
My Glocks are

I love PO1's, they feel so good in your hand. You really have to work on not liking one.
Oh and those other things laying around aren't half bad either.

Just got some 16 rounders for it (with extended base) and makes it even better.
and those junky others were fun also. the RPK kicks ass, accurate.

Guess I need to clean it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:39:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a CZ 452 and love it.  Nobody and I mean nobody sells CZ pistols here.  I can't understand why either.  I want one but not being able to hold it beforehand keeps from picking one up.  I wanted a SIG until I held a few, none of them felt right in my hand.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:59:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:11:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a CZ 452 and love it.  Nobody and I mean nobody sells CZ pistols here.  I can't understand why either.  I want one but not being able to hold it beforehand keeps from picking one up.  I wanted a SIG until I held a few, none of them felt right in my hand.
View Quote

Well that sucks. I would search like a crazy person. I wanted a Sig 226 and after holding them a few thousand times I couldn't make myself like the feel. the CZ was great right from the start. and I couldn't believe I
shot it so well. II have 3 Glocks and only one of them shoots good. I don't know why. maybe because I'm a dork. Ah and the price kills sig. 300+ cheaper than the 226.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:18:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By dpmmn:

Nice commie guns!

View All Quotes
I'm back..........
My Glocks are

Nice commie guns!

Thanks, I will take the AR dept out next trip so it evens out. I just can't seem to leave a perfectly good AR alone. gotta change the barrel or some dam thing all the time.
never happy with the set up
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:25:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hooligan223] [#14]

Never compromise, it's a sign of weakness

View All Quotes

Never compromise, it's a sign of weakness

Normally I would agree but marriage is a always a compromise.   It won't work if it's too one sided, well unless one side is a pushover and neither of us are.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:31:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Well that sucks. I would search like a crazy person. I wanted a Sig 226 and after holding them a few thousand times I couldn't make myself like the feel. the CZ was great right from the start. and I couldn't believe I
shot it so well. II have 3 Glocks and only one of them shoots good. I don't know why. maybe because I'm a dork. Ah and the price kills sig. 300+ cheaper than the 226.
View All Quotes

I've never shot my Glocks that great.  Acceptable sure but not great.  I shoot a 1911 the best followed by an HK USP.  I was the same as you with Sig.  I handled several and really wanted one bad but I just couldn't find one that felt worth a shit in my hand.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:33:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#16]
I just got on how long will you be up?
Need to go read a thread.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:02:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By MissBheaven:

Pie for dessert.....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By milkman110:

Good night everyone. Wonderful night and Mexican dinner with the not-a-girlfriend. Time for bed now.

Pie for dessert.....

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:02:47 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm back..........
My Glocks are
View Quote

Oh sweet mercy....
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:05:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Well the not-a-girlfriend started her new job today, literally a week before her unemployment ran out. Huge sighs of relief here...
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:17:24 AM EDT
[#20]

Well the not-a-girlfriend started her new job today, literally a week before her unemployment ran out. Huge sighs of relief here...
View Quote

Nice to see a kind of night crew in Sa/oU. What will you have bar is still open.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:21:16 AM EDT
[#21]
I read your team thread Hooligan. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I wish I had some advice that was worth a shit, but I don't. But if it makes you feel better, I'm totally on your side. I hope you figure out something that doesn't hurt feelings to bad, or wind up throwing a ton of money at a place you really don't want.

Walked out earlier to have a smoke, and a pure white pitbull (or something similar) comes sauntering across my driveway. I crouch down and call it over, and she was stoked to see me. Give her a good pet down and notice she seems hot, so I let her in to get her a drink. As soon as I open the door I realize I have 2 pups and that this was a horrible idea. Im much more tired then I realized to be so stupid.

Good thing these dogs must have met in a past life, they seemed to have picked up on a game they stopped only a couple minutes ago. So I get the a drink and check her collar while she's busy with the water. She lived a couple streets down so I throw a leash on her and take her home. Owners were huge fucking assholes, to sum it up. Wish I could have kept the damn dog, she was something else, in a really cool way.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:56:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Damn I'm up too late. I have a few thoughts Hooligan. dbrad there is always next time.
If they got out once you will see them again. Next time you might make a different decision.
But Shepard's and pits are a difficult mix. Just buy a striped shirt. Dog referee is what you will be.
There might be a bit of unsportsmanlike contact. Nothing a good referee couldn't sort out.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:00:34 AM EDT
[#23]
milkman - congrats on the new job for the not a girlfriend.

dbrad - Don't let your big heart turn your house into a doggie circus.  

Damn I'm up too late. I have a few thoughts Hooligan. dbrad there is always next time.
If they got out once you will see them again. Next time you might make a different decision.
But Shepard's and pits are a difficult mix. Just buy a striped shirt. Dog referee is what you will be.
There might be a bit of unsportsmanlike contact. Nothing a good referee couldn't sort out.

View Quote

Thanks Mauser.  

That thread and a discussion I had with the wife has caused me to realize that I don't think I should be too quick to say no.  I just need to work it out to where I (I really mean we) can benefit enough to deal with the negatives.  If I can make this situation a financial gain rather than a burden that will go a long way toward making me feel better about it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

good news MM!

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Read your thread sincerely hope it all works out in a way that is mutually beneficial.

NO advice from here, got my mum living in my house for Christ sakes.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:58:32 AM EDT
[#26]

Read your thread sincerely hope it all works out in a way that is mutually beneficial.

View All Quotes

Ain't family a bitch?

The more I think about it and the more outside advice I get I'm beginning to see that it may be doable.  I'm still not sold on the idea but I'm not think "hell no!" anymore.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Nice to see a kind of night crew in Sa/oU. What will you have bar is still open.
View All Quotes

Just Pepsi for now, trying to cut back on booze.

Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Pepsi? Just because you're laying off the booze, that's no reason for such horrific self inflicted abuse.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:10:02 PM EDT
[#29]
I got a dinner pic thread up. Too graphic?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:50:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: I-M-A-WMD] [#30]
I got a dinner pic thread up. Too graphic?
View Quote

Link?

ETA.  See below.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#31]
My standard reply when someone says they have a surprise for me,  or "guess what I got to show you" or "I sent/left you something", my standard reply is a deadpan: "If it's a severed head, I'm going to be pissed".

Though I have dozens of severed heads decorating my home.  (None human)

I'll be damned!  It is a severed head!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1678348_Kill_and_grill__well__crockpot____Also__lamb_recipe_thread__Graphic_______111_.html
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:00:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:
My standard reply when someone says they have a surprise for me,  or "guess what I got to show you" or "I sent/left you something", my standard reply is a deadpan: "If it's a severed head, I'm going to be pissed".

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1678348_Kill_and_grill__well__crockpot____Also__lamb_recipe_thread__Graphic_______111_.html
View Quote

Aloha Snackbar?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:03:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Hola from the Andalusia region of Spain.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#34]

Aloha Snackbar?
View All Quotes

Aloha Snackbar?

Unlike the ROP, I taxidermy the animals I humanely harvest out of respect. The thrill is the hunt, the reward is my dinner.  My jollies don't surround the decapitation.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:04:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Eagle34:
View Quote

Hi Eagle.  Nice to see you!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:06:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Unlike the ROP, I taxidermy the animals I humanely harvest out of respect. The thrill is the hunt, the reward is my dinner.  My jollies don't surround the decapitation.
View All Quotes

Aloha Snackbar?

I hunted that guy right out of the chute, fair and square.  He was killed humainly, bled out, and properly butchered.  Even had super soft hands afterwards.

And, omg the meat, the tasty, tasty meat.

Pretty sure the bucket of guts and heads (3 sheep were sent to their virgins that day) were left for the coyotes.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:13:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hooligan223] [#37]
Screw the naysayers JC.  I guess most people think that meat should come wrapped up in a nice little package.  I think that the lamb probably had a better life and suffered less than any commercially produced meat.  The head might have been pushing it a little but I think it was a nice touch.

ETA:  Lamb is my favorite meat.  If it weren't for the absolute hell I'd catch at work I'd have a couple fattening up at home right now.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:20:04 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Say hola to Michela.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:11:30 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Travel safe Eagle.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:12:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Thanks everyone!
View All Quotes

Thanks everyone!

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:00:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#41]
View Quote

If I knew you were going I would of had you pick me up a Navaja. Very classy old school knive that are easy to export.

Really different old school shape but dead sexy in my book. Navaja

They have very slim handles and a small tail. pctures

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:54:52 PM EDT
[#42]
So I guess that:

"Post it up. get it off your chest here. I've vented already.
I know a few may have family issues. This might be the thread to do it in."

Was a rhetorical question?

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:06:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Ohio:
So I guess that:

"Post it up. get it off your chest here. I've vented already.
I know a few may have family issues. This might be the thread to do it in."

Was a rhetorical question?

View Quote

Not really I just had problems with my sibling. Never thought there would be so many in my boat.
I am sorry to hear about your brother. If he was done wrong I hope he gets free.
If he really did it. He got what he deserved. But I am truly impressed with the openness of everyone here.
I just never knew. I would ask questions but these are sensitive subjects.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:10:44 AM EDT
[#44]
If it wouldn't be too dark a subject I would welcome a discussion on the matter.
Or should we carry it out in the other thread?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:19:08 AM EDT
[#45]
If it wouldn't be too dark a subject I would welcome a discussion on the matter.
View Quote

I'm game, but everyone knows about me brother that knows me well.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:26:34 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

My sister the chiseling bitch just wants to sell everything. She is a money black hole.
Now we are down to My parents place in Show low AZ. Sell she says. I want to keep it.
I'm thinking bad thoughts.It's in the estate free and clear.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:55:50 AM EDT
[#47]
We are all vagabonds in this thing called life. As long as you see the sun.
There is hope. May you all sleep well. I only have Fourteen tires beneath me every morning.
Back when I hauled the heavy stuff it was much more. I get up early and I'm up way too late.
I like this version better than the original. I hope you enjoy.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:35:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#49]
We are all vagabonds in this thing called life. As long as you see the sun.
There is hope. May you all sleep well. I only have Fourteen tires beneath me every morning.
Back when I hauled the heavy stuff it was much more. I get up early and I'm up way too late.
I like this version better than the original. I hope you enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvKyBcCDOB4
View Quote

Hootie watches those duck guys?

And he does Cletus music better than everyone else nowadays???

My mind is blowfished.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:16:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Holy shit, I should have taken the day off.  Major equipment failure, almost everything is down.  The client is losing $$$$$$$ every hour and everyone is in panic mode.  It's fairly quiet in the office at the moment but they're still trying to figure out exactly what happened.  Things might get interesting around here before the day is out.
Page / 1007
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top